Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

Tonight I also gave the high-altitude fighter to an invisible bomber....
Mission:

30.12.2018 17:51:52  Stalingrad_Center #376


Here we see firing in the middle of the contrails

I also did a track to anyone interested.
It will be appropriate to send the whole thing to the developers? 🤔

Best regards and HNY!

bug.jpg

Edited by ITA_SUPMannaia
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ITA_SUPMannaia said:

Hi all!

Tonight I also gave the high-altitude fighter to an invisible bomber....
Mission:

30.12.2018 17:51:52  Stalingrad_Center #376


Here we see firing in the middle of the contrails

I also did a track to anyone interested.
It will be appropriate to send the whole thing to the developers? 🤔

Best regards and HNY!

bug.jpg

 

 

A bug that needs to be reported and dealt with.  Please send the recording to a developer or make a bug report!

 

I've seen this.  I've flown to intercept bombers heading for the Soviet depot and found contrails floating in space, occasionally with tracers flying around.  They're ghosts, fantasmas, like the ones you see in the parking spaces sometimes(where you see the dust from a running engine and/or hear weapons firing from nowhere or sounds of being hit) .  The real bombers had moved past that point and left behind that trace that I could see but my wingman could not.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys post this in the bug reports section... 

TAW admins can't do anything about this, only il-2 Devs can fix it, but if you post here they will never see it :/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Is permitted shoot at parachute?

Flak shot me down, i bail out and two guys (with bad aim down) shooted at my parachute.
I've name of one of them.

 

Don't think there is anything explicitly against it in the rules, all is fair in love and war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Roger that!

 

Still regarded as a pretty horrible thing to do though so I would suggest avoiding following in their footsteps.

 

"Attacking parachutists from aircraft in distress is a war crime under the Protocol I addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. Firing on airborne forces who are descending by parachute is not prohibited." 

 

"After World War I, a series of meetings were held at The Hague in 1922–1923. Based on the testimony of First World War pilots, a commission of jurists attempted to codify this practice with the Hague Rules of Air Warfare. Article 20 prescribed that:

When an aircraft has been disabled, the occupants when endeavoring to escape by means of parachute must not be attacked in the course of their descent"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

Edited by AmpD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AmpD said:

 

Still regarded as a pretty horrible thing to do though so I would suggest avoiding following in their footsteps.

 

"Attacking parachutists from aircraft in distress is a war crime under the Protocol I addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. Firing on airborne forces who are descending by parachute is not prohibited." 

 

"After World War I, a series of meetings were held at The Hague in 1922–1923. Based on the testimony of First World War pilots, a commission of jurists attempted to codify this practice with the Hague Rules of Air Warfare. Article 20 prescribed that:

When an aircraft has been disabled, the occupants when endeavoring to escape by means of parachute must not be attacked in the course of their descent"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

 

USAF routinely shot parachutists during WW2, using exactly the same justification as xJammer -- there is no law against it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From TAW community glossary:

 

1345a_ Chute killing any pilot = douc*e bag move

1345b_ Chute killing =LG=; JGr8; and squads alike = justice

1345c_ Chute killing xJammer and trolls alike = pest control

 

 

  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really bad lagg and zig zaging yaks its impossible to get on target like this ``i have a ping of 31 something needs tobe done with netcode or stoping people joining with high pings . Its got worst on here . i have fiber 25mb down and 8mb up ..whats happend ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Year break!

 

TAW will be resumed at about 15:00 UTC 01.01.2019

 

 

Happy New Year!!!!!

 

:salute:

3 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

And who told you there will be such stop ?

 

It's time to celebrate 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

And who told you there will be such stop ?

 

 

Either server is a stop, or there will be lots of acrobatics and flare launching :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Of course we will be silent, and accept everything that is imposed on us.

 
 
 
Happy New Year
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American military lingo to follow:

 

The stoppages in the campaign remind me of "mandatory fun" in the Army. The exact opposite of what individuals want (we all have this time off, let's fly!!!), but what the powers-that-be feel we "need".

 

Happy New Year all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2018 at 9:48 AM, JG4_Karl_Gratz said:

Only a second later the Yak 7b spawned in from nowhere! Guess with what outcome!

rot1.jpg

rot2.jpg

Yep happend to me yesterday nothing around me then out of nowhere i had a la-5 on me ,  i tend to find that the winter maps seems more buggy or that its even harder to spot things !!! . Just looking away from wingman and you cant find him .

Also getting planes disapear right in front of me . ?? Maybe they disconect when sixed or lost the fight . Not sure . !!! Seen some very NEW  pilots last few days not even being able to take off . Crashing into towers donuts in 190 ect ect. must be the xmas drink ..lol

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there new server issues? I just had 3 Discos in a row, within one hour. One at take-off, one after 30min, one after 10min. My Internet is absolutely fine, ping is low and TS and other web applications didn't have any issues / interrupts. It's a shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep receiving a "invalid server password" when trying to access the Teamspeak.  I have verified the password is correct (the one printed in the current map briefing).  Still the same error.  Possibly my account is locked out or being refused?  Not sure.  If any TS admins have the time to look at the logs it would be helpful, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow

Well-done Axis we have pushed the front line back to the east . Last night we nearly lost Novo .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Are there new server issues? I just had 3 Discos in a row, within one hour. One at take-off, one after 30min, one after 10min. My Internet is absolutely fine, ping is low and TS and other web applications didn't have any issues / interrupts. It's a shame

 

Another disco today. I had discos before, but not that often and only when the server was full. Currently it's almost unplayable for me when doing longer sorties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pretty crazy friendly fire on blue today.   2 sorties back to back being shot up by teammates, and I didn't appear to be the only one.    Check your targets Blue, there aren't many planes left to waste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is this the server or damage modeling How many hits on that Lagg . 😖

 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79001&name=II./JG77_Con

1 hour ago, [JG52t]whitecrow said:

Some pretty crazy friendly fire on blue today.   2 sorties back to back being shot up by teammates, and I didn't appear to be the only one.    Check your targets Blue, there aren't many planes left to waste. 

Yep its getting quite silly now . Lots of team stealing shoulder shooting  , Wings of WAR . 🤣

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Is this the server or damage modeling How many hits on that Lagg . 😖

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79001&name=II./JG77_Con

 

Titanium planes since 3.009. Bf109G2 got 39 hits from me...but wasn´t enough; Tumu had to go in: 42 hits to take a G2 down. 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79339&name=VitalikB

 

We all have stories :drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

Titanium planes since 3.009. Bf109G2 got 39 hits from me...but wasn´t enough; Tumu had to go in: 42 hits to take a G2 down. 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79339&name=VitalikB

 

We all have stories :drinks:

Ive looked at that stat page looks normal to me . 🙂

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

Titanium planes since 3.009. Bf109G2 got 39 hits from me...but wasn´t enough; Tumu had to go in: 42 hits to take a G2 down. 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79339&name=VitalikB

 

We all have stories :drinks:

Statistics as far as I understand now shows not hit as such, and the damage.

That is, the hit can be one, and the damage has several factors.

This is partly evident from the fact that the damage calculations are in certain time intervals and most likely the first is the calculation of the actual hit, and then the damage from the fragments that damage the design of the aircraft and its system.

if we proceed from this, it turns out that you made about 10 hits on the enemy.

Even if some hits were simultaneously from a gun and a machine gun it will slightly increase the statistics, but still 42 hits will not work.

The same can be seen from the statistics of damage to the aircraft obtained during a fire engine or fuel tanks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Is this the server or damage modeling How many hits on that Lagg . 😖

 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79001&name=II./JG77_Con

Yep its getting quite silly now . Lots of team stealing shoulder shooting  , Wings of WAR . 🤣

 

13 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

Titanium planes since 3.009. Bf109G2 got 39 hits from me...but wasn´t enough; Tumu had to go in: 42 hits to take a G2 down. 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79339&name=VitalikB

 

We all have stories :drinks:

 

 

The "Was damaged" doesn't equal hit. There is a different event "Hit" in log files which is not shown in sortie list.

 

Example:

If you hit a pilot only once then he is bleeding so there will be many many "was damaged" events with small % because he is bleeding during the time. 

If you hit en engine or wing only once then it may be weaker and weaker during the time so in events list we  see many many "was damaged"  with small % lines. 

(This is how I understand it)

 

In II./JG77_Con sortie the enemy pilot is constantly damaged (not hit) by 0,07% and some part of the plane by 0,01% so there are so many "was damaged" lines. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@=LG=Kathon

 

Is there a server-side possibility to remove destroyed tanks? Right now it's a bit ridiculous with people attacking destroyed tanks again and again, because their damage state is not visible, especially late in a map where most is already dead. The current modeling is pretty unrealistic because of several factors.

 

In real life you would see if a tank is destroyed or disabled due to several reasons:

Tanks were not static but moving into a certain direction (or fighting when at the front), so you'd see if a tank is destroyed/disabled when he is not moving or fighting anymore, you'd see actual people around the tank trying to repair disabled components and you'd also see a big crater around the tank when it has been bombed. None of this is true in game right now. Tanks are static, craters vanish after a short time and humans are not modeled at all. In addition, the fidelity/graphics are not as detailed as in real life, where you would see destroyed tanks not only when they are fully blown up.

I'd say in 95% of all cases you'd definitely see if a tank was destroyed in real life, possibly a few rare occasions where lone tanks "played dead" effectively. 

In the game it's the opposite right now, destroyed tanks get attacked on and on, because there is no visible hint what so ever. In addition, there is the durability bug when tanks count as destroyed (tanks needing a lot more damage to explode then normally when they count as destroyed due to being detracked etc.)

Due to the shortcomings of the current simulation i'd propose a complete removal of destroyed tanks. Both sides would benefit from that equally and it would take away some (unwarranted) frustration from ground attackers.

 

 

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

@=LG=Kathon

 

Is there a server-side possibility to remove destroyed tanks? Right now it's a bit ridiculous with people attacking destroyed tanks again and again, because their damage state is not visible, especially late in a map where most is already dead. The current modeling is pretty unrealistic because of several factors.

 

In real life you would see if a tank is destroyed or disabled due to several reasons:

Tanks were not static but moving into a certain direction (or fighting when at the front), so you'd see if a tank is destroyed/disabled when he is not moving or fighting anymore, you'd see actual people around the tank trying to repair disabled components and you'd also see a big crater around the tank when it has been bombed. None of this is true in game right now. Tanks are static, craters vanish after a short time and humans are not modeled at all. In addition, the fidelity/graphics are not as detailed as in real life, where you would see destroyed tanks not only when they are fully blown up.

I'd say in 95% of all cases you'd definitely see if a tank was destroyed in real life, possibly a few rare occasions where lone tanks "played dead" effectively. 

In the game it's the opposite right now, destroyed tanks get attacked on and on, because there is no visible hint what so ever. 

Due to the shortcomings of the current simulation i'd propose a complete removal of destroyed tanks. Both sides would benefit from that equally and it would take away some (unwarranted) frustration from ground attackers.

 

 

Yes, there is such option. We will have to test it. I have also another solution in mind. We will see.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Yes, there is such option. We will have to test it. I have also another solution in mind. We will see.

 

Ok, thanks for the info. Nice to hear that you care and think about that problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×