Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro said:

Hi all,

 

About an hour ago my brother, 15(Span.)/JG51Costa, was flying at the TAW server and all of a sudden his plane, a Fw190A-3 (at the time, both the plane and pilot were not damaged) was unmaneuverable, crashing against the ground and dying (although he was flying at about 6k he was not able to bailout, none button was working). This is the second time it happens to him (very disappointing).

Anyone of you know why this happens or where the issue can be?

Sorry about my poor English.

 

Greetings,

 

Never seen such thing. Check the connection of Your hardware (keybord, stick etc) or maybe your mainboard has some glitches and is about to drop dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 12:27 AM, Fritz-Faber said:

 

You‘re right, I didn‘t notice that, that shouldn‘t happen. First I was proud of my super gunner Team, but now I have to apologize their behaviour 🙏🏻

no need to apologize, it was a game bug :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

Hi all !

How can we get the TS3 password of the TAW server ?

 

Thank you in advance

You need to join the server and it's in the map briefing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carl_infar said:

Never seen such thing. Check the connection of Your hardware (keybord, stick etc) or maybe your mainboard has some glitches and is about to drop dead

Thanks for your advice.

I’ve been flying a lot those last days  offline and coops and only happened in TAW.

I’m going to keep an eye on the MB.

 

Saludos

15(Span.)/JG51Costa.

 

P.S: After all, I preffer the idea of sabotage.  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Costa said:

Thanks for your advice.

I’ve been flying a lot those last days  offline and coops and only happened in TAW.

I’m going to keep an eye on the MB.

 

Saludos

15(Span.)/JG51Costa.

 

P.S: After all, I preffer the idea of sabotage.  ;)

 

Costa I had a similar experience long time ago flying on Wings I believe... It was just like you said, the plane would become unresponsive and Esc and Tab also wouldnt work, and the only fix was to close and restart the game. I dont know what caused it but IIRC I was alt-tabbing and/or looking at the stats ingame when it happened; I play the game on windowed mode btw. It never happened again though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

You need to join the server and it's in the map briefing.

Thank you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Another use for the Po-2 could be sending special personnel (like high rank officer or medic) to positions like defenses or tank columns and increase their effectiveness or health status slightly in between missions?

 

I really! like the idea of "reinforcing" def positions and tank columns with Po-2. It will be just as dangerous if not more than ju52 flying into drop zones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

 

I really! like the idea of "reinforcing" def positions and tank columns with Po-2. It will be just as dangerous if not more than ju52 flying into drop zones. 

Vodka run to the local carryout for the boys up front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xJammer said:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=62084&name=xJammer

 

recorded as captured, but landed in friendly territory 

 

 

 

Priority have distance to closest friendly or hostile units. Looks like enemy aerodrome was very close. 
Ivan`s with dogs got you m8.
Apologize... 
I will tell your mum, you died like hero

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

 

Priority have distance to closest friendly or hostile units. Looks like enemy aerodrome was very close. 
Ivan`s with dogs got you m8.
Apologize... 
I will tell your mum, you died like hero

 

 

Good to know. I assumed getting over the frontline was sufficient to be picked up by friendlies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=63067&name=xJammer

 

 

xJammer sat at airfield on Maikop, in a 110 on the airfield to the side of the spawn, with his tail turned towards the Russian spawn, when it's around 12 vs 12 people on the server.

 

He farms people that spawn in to defend the airfield, shooting them in the head when they spawn. Dead before screen loaded.

 

Surely you cannot accept such people "playing" on TAW. There are enough other servers for him to do that on.

 

 

I would ask you to please consider banning that exploiter xJammer. Whether you delete the sorties of those affected by this or not is probably up to you.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf

 

I apologise I got bored strafing you guys originally, so I decided to land and lose any chance to defend myself if one of you decided to come from elsewhere rather than spawn.

 

There is no exploit as I have taken out all of the AAA at the airfield so it was completely undefended. Had there been any AAA it would have shot me until I died. The sortie just before actually was me cleaning up the airfield AAA.

Edited by xJammer
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unacceptable.

 

You farmed people spawning in, sitting next to them sniping them in the head before their screen even got rendered!

 

You apologize for exploiting??? What's next, another exploit or even cheat and then apologize again??? Walk it off? Any ground crews would have captured you, don't even try to justify such despicable, unsportsmanship-like action of yours. Farming people that spawn in on the runway. I cannot believe it.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xJammer said:

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf

 

I apologise I got bored strafing you guys originally, so I decided to land and lose any chance to defend myself if one of you decided to come from elsewhere rather than spawn.

 

There is no exploit as I have taken out all of the AAA at the airfield so it was completely undefended. Had there been any AAA it would have shot me until I died. The sortie just before actually was me cleaning up the airfield AAA.

 

 

I don't advise trying this kind of behavior in face-to-face sport or you'll get an unpleasant surprise.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Unacceptable.

 

You apologize for exploiting game mechanics??? What's next, another exploit or even cheat and then apologize again???  Any ground crews would have captured you, don't try this cheap excuse.

 

 

I saw some ground crew manning machineguns and firing back at me when I was strafing the AAA  - I have shot those individuals too and destroyed their MG guns. When I saw that there no longer was any sign of life on the airfield I have strafed both of you on the spawn and proceeded to land engines hot, ready to take off in case any ground crew would peek out and try to take pot shots at me. I also was sufficiently far from any buildings that any crew hiding would have to run a good mile before they could reach me in the place where I landed.

 

I would honestly call the red secret technology that allows aircraft to materialise out of thin air a cheat and exploit - I would have strafed any aircraft and hangars had I been able to.

 

Anyway, this discussion is fairly pointless. As far as I am aware there is nothing on TAW banning this, if admins decide against permitting players to land on undefended runways it is up to them to adjust the rules (and I would adhere to those without question). In the meantime the best course of action is not to spawn on airfields that are under attack. Because whether it is landed aircraft or those in the air, you are taking a risk that you will be killed before you would even be able to load in.

Edited by xJammer
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you spawned at Maikop, you'd get sniped in the head before your screen even loaded into the aircraft, your pilot killed, any streak lost.

 

I don't believe for a second anyone would consider this descipable action even remotely appropiate play on TAW. Especially not LG.

 

 

Want to know how a sortie meeting him looked like?

 

This is how it looked like: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yDPv-Y-cxijLmRjzNuFIAWhRE5Fjo4eC

 

Dead before you'd even see the cockpit.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😂 so you want us to believe its their fault for spawning in and getting pilot sniped... And totally reasonable of you to do it for said reasons. 

 

...that's pretty childish. Its people like you who ruin games for others.

Edited by SCG_Hobo
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that you even try to defend this boggles my mind. This is not about rules, this is about committing [edited] or not. There might not have been a law in the olden times to not shit into the village well, but people were smart enough not to do it anyway.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What am I reading... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

 

Talk about ppl not taking the server seriously.

There has to be something really wrong with server/mission design if someone is able to just take out the AAA of an airfield (even if it's multiple suicide runs) and then do that sort of stuff. Why try to play safe and care about doing good sorties getting back etc if one can just suicide kill all the AAA and close airfields, park planes and gun the spawning guys etc.

It just takes away everything this server tries to be.

 

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, after this one I'm out ... thanks LG and everyone else for TAW and all the work you do but it is people like xJammer that destroys this community. Some things are just common sense man, and it is obvious that he lacks any ... I mean, cmon, what kinda person would join TAW and start crash landing aircrafts instead of properly landing them because it took him 15 extra seconds to deploy the landing gears? What kind of person would land in an enemy AF and sit there to shoot people spawning? The dude is just an old troll and does not deserve a place in TAW.

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, xJammer said:

 

 

I saw some ground crew manning machineguns and firing back at me when I was strafing the AAA  - I have shot those individuals too and destroyed their MG guns. When I saw that there no longer was any sign of life on the airfield I have strafed both of you on the spawn and proceeded to land engines hot, ready to take off in case any ground crew would peek out and try to take pot shots at me. I also was sufficiently far from any buildings that any crew hiding would have to run a good mile before they could reach me in the place where I landed.

 

I would honestly call the red secret technology that allows aircraft to materialise out of thin air a cheat and exploit - I would have strafed any aircraft and hangars had I been able to.

 

Anyway, this discussion is fairly pointless. As far as I am aware there is nothing on TAW banning this, if admins decide against permitting players to land on undefended runways it is up to them to adjust the rules (and I would adhere to those without question). In the meantime the best course of action is not to spawn on airfields that are under attack. Because whether it is landed aircraft or those in the air, you are taking a risk that you will be killed before you would even be able to load in.

 

It makes me laugh that you try to defend this, It is an unacceptable and a dickish behavior that should result in a ban. No matter which way you try to twist this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, xJammer said:

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf

 

I apologise I got bored strafing you guys originally, so I decided to land and lose any chance to defend myself if one of you decided to come from elsewhere rather than spawn.

 

There is no exploit as I have taken out all of the AAA at the airfield so it was completely undefended. Had there been any AAA it would have shot me until I died. The sortie just before actually was me cleaning up the airfield AAA.

 

You are revolting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@xJammer We had a discussion about this a month ago, its a game, but if you treat it like the way you do, you will always get this response...youve shown me a trend here and on coco expert and it seems you like to either troll or ruin peoples fun......only way to halt this is agressive server mods imo, throw him out. Server admins be the leaders the community desperatly needs !

~jarhead

Edited by Banzaii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parachute killing also was a heated debate with calls for bans. KOTAR server disallowed it while it is still permitted on TAW. I have nothing against (and agree) to ban landing aircraft on undefended enemy airfields. While in my mind it makes little difference between getting strafed or getting shot by a gunner, I can see how some people can be sensitive about it.

 

 

@SCG_Riksen  I have reported the issue (belly landing) previously and proposed ways to mitigate it. Practically speaking TAW is a competitive server, so any valid advantage should be used to the best extent. In my case I have seen plenty of reds belly-landing their aircraft on airfields to despawn quickly, especially if they are damaged.

Edited by xJammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xJammer said:

Parachute killing also was a heated debate with calls for bans. KOTAR server disallowed it while it is still permitted on TAW. I have nothing against (and agree) to ban landing aircraft on enemy airfields. While in my mind it makes little difference between getting strafed or getting shot by a gunner, I can see how some people can be sensitive about it.

 

 

"I can see how some people might be big babies about this totally fine thing I did, so I magnanimously agree to have it disallowed in future for the sake of their ~sensitivity~.  P.S. don't ban me".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ xJammer you really should reevaluate your behavior around what makes enjoyable game play.  Do we really have to treat you like a baby and handhold you into playing like a reasonable adult? And make rules and regulations for every instance of stupid behavior and cater to only your enjoyment of the game?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it, but good sportsmanship isn't a rule requirement.  It's (for the most part) a mutually hoped expectation.  People take damaged or +1 aircraft and ram others down - especially if the rammed aircraft is not a +1 plane.  (On this map think - 109F4 vs. Pe-2 and A-20.)

People chute kill, and people, apparently, do this. 

 

Here's a suggestion - provided it can be coded.  Any plane that remains less than 3 meters over an enemy airfield for longer than 15 seconds causes the AAA to respawn to full health and removes all damage from the field.  Said airfield is also unable to be attacked/taken for 3 turns.   

 

The only drawback I see is that the ability to fly both sides would have to be removed at registration time. 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Ok, after this one I'm out ... thanks LG and everyone else for TAW and all the work you do but it is people like xJammer that destroys this community. Some things are just common sense man, and it is obvious that he lacks any ... I mean, cmon, what kinda person would join TAW and start crash landing aircrafts instead of properly landing them because it took him 15 extra seconds to deploy the landing gears? What kind of person would land in an enemy AF and sit there to shoot people spawning? The dude is just an old troll and does not deserve a place in TAW.

 

I'm running the biggest squad on this TAW (Red Flight & Friends) with over 50 guys, and when they heard about this they were all pretty much in agreement with Riksen. This kind of behaviour from xJammer is absolutely unacceptable and makes us question if pilot kills are really such a big deal on TAW after all. So far neither side has come close to losing on pilots... When you have a suicide bomber on your team it should be an drawback not a bonus.

 

We are now questioning if we are going to continue sorties on TAW.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This server has been heading this way for a while, not really through the fault of dev's or admin, something like this was bound to happen.

 

Ban xjammer, in my eyes he is a cheater, if he will do this, what else will he do? he isnt interested in making this server a fun, competitive arena.

 

Im out of this campaign too.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My God why does he even try to defend himself? Yeah man totally justifiable to exploit the game and spawn kill people... Really makes it fair and fun for everyone else. If this does not result in a ban then I'm really shocked! 

Edited by SCG_Cryptiks
Forgot a word
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Talon_ said:

So far neither side has come close to losing on pilots... When you have a suicide bomber on your team it should be an drawback not a bonus.

 

You have many suicide players. You might even consider your early Depot attacks suicidial. VVS has a huge advantage when it comes to pilot attrition. Making it having a bigger impact on winning conditions will be difficult. Maybe you should simply get banned for 12 hours or so when you get killed or captured.

 

Also, while I am not defending his actions at all, threatening to not play on TAW because of it is laughable. Stop trying to pressure the admins with it. 

Edited by Operation_Ivy
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×