=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

1 hour ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I think that a lot of ground attack objects got buffed this time around.  I've done a handful of bombing runs on defense lines and scored direct hits on bunkers/dugouts with 250kg bombs and barely damaged them.  Keep in mind that with the new damage model update, damaging vehicles to the point they are incapacitated beyond repair is more likely that full-on obliteration.   Take the wheel off the axle of a truck or hit the engine block and it's just as good as dead.  

Actually it is really confusing.

This morning, I was above a tank column, spotted an intact KV-1. Dropped a 500kg bomb on him, his engine started smoking black after my run, so I let him and go back to base.

Checked the log after my sortie, no damage written at all.
That's weird, I don't know if it's the stat page who didn't count anything, or if it was looking intact but was actually already destroyed.

Since I recorded this sortie, I checked the replay, it didn't look damaged at all before my bomb run, and was clearly badly hit after my bomb.

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

Adding the to discussion about numbers, I think it is a bit too early to judge. The first map is always BLUE heavy as many don't like the I-16. It usually starts with the Mig that we get a bigger RED presence. Looking how long we are on map#1 it's really much better than in some previous campaigns.

Edited by =L/R=Maurox
  • Upvote 1

Having no issues busting tanks/AA with 100kg bombs with the i16 this morning. Having a blast. Helps there's no pesky 109's buzzing around the area! Racking up combat missions for that sweet, sweet p-40. This server, along with the new and improved VR performance, this is like a whole new game for me. It's insanely fun. The i16 in VR is just tits. Makes me want to purchase flying circus, open cockpit VR is the beesknees.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

48 minutes ago, =L/R=Maurox said:

Adding the to discussion about numbers, I think it is a bit too early to judge. The first map is always BLUE heavy as many don't like the I-16. It usually starts with the Mig that we get a bigger RED presence. Looking how long we are on map#1 it's really much better than in some previous campaigns.

Reds could even win map#1 :rolleyes:

I had the same Problem with Bombs yesterday.

2 Runs with ME110 to Tanks dropped 4xSC500 and 8x SC50.

2 Tanks smoking, one exploded.

Stats say 1,14% damage T70 and in the after Sortie 4,2 % damage T70!!!!

Enything is wrong.

I had the same Problem with Bombs yesterday.

2 Runs with ME110 to Tanks dropped 4xSC500 and 8x SC50.

2 Tanks smoking, one exploded.

Stats say 1,14% damage T70 and in the after Sortie 4,2 % damage T70!!!!

Enything is wrong.

That's weird, I don't know if it's the stat page who didn't count anything, or if it was looking intact but was actually already destroyed.

AS I was saying a few pages ago, me and a buddy downed an enemy fighter, and when we checked our logs there was no damage recorded at all. I think there might be an intermittent bug that is occuring

Will blue crack because the predicted red route, only time will tell.  Red rules, blue druels!

Oh BTW, English speakers please use TAW TS for coord at a minimum.  Example I'd use TAW TS to coord with other flights, but squad discord for interflight.  Cheers!

Edited by Banzaii

Having trouble controlling pitch and yaw for some reason.  Probably need a game patch . . . .

FEEC0ED38F09D463B09990428ED581437FD13886

Edited by Antijeeves1
Forgot to thank blue team members Fumes and Force_Majeure (pictured), without whose murderous intent this joke would not have been possible.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

This morning, I was above a tank column, spotted an intact KV-1. Dropped a 500kg bomb on him, his engine started smoking black after my run, so I let him and go back to base.

Since I recorded this sortie, I checked the replay, it didn't look damaged at all before my bomb run, and was clearly badly hit after my bomb.

This is all due to the most recent update. And it unfortunately presents a big problem for ground attackers in TAW. 

Tanks used to visibly blow up before this latest update. Less realistic or not, this was at least an easily identifiable clue as to when a hard target like a tank was destroyed. But now, a player could bust a tanks tracks and get a kill credit (but not always given, test out QMB to do this and you will see it is not consistent). However, that tank is still there - and more importantly while flying past him in a plane, looks intact. The only way to make sure that one tank in a column is destroyed, while the other one is alive, is to record a track while over it, fly back to base, view the track, then go back into the game knowing which tanks are still alive. And that's only IF no one else has attacked that tank during the time it's taken you to verify. 

Basically what the update has done, while make the game more 'realistic', it has made it a nightmare for blue and red ground attackers alike. A pilot has no way of knowing, unless it's a brand new column and they are flying right at mission start - what tanks are 'alive' or dead. This in effect makes flying ground attack, against a tank column rather pointless. You have no way of knowing if that tank just requires one more 37mm hit, or just one more 100kg bomb to kill - or if he's already dead and been claimed by someone else. 

The only other remediation (h/t @[TWB]Sketch) is constantly hitting TAB after each and every strafe/bomb/rocket, to see if you get credit for a tank. But again, that doesn't solve the issue that the tank may be damaged and needs just one more hit to be 'destroyed'. 

Either the way TAW does tank columns needs to be reworked entirely, or we can ask the Devs to give us a server side option on tank damage to allow for the 'simpler' DM that we had previously. Because right now it's pointless wasting time and munitions on tanks.

Edited by StG77_Kondor
Because I never proofread
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Possible new bug on suply missions...

Just had 2 flights with a Ju52 with freight
(both times manually unloaded freight after a successfull landing at the airfield and no changes to the plane setup between them)
First flight took 15:12 and was credited with a CM.
Second flight took 14:53 and did not result in a CM.

Both times same airfields used...

Deci

4 hours ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

I've been having similar problems with tanks. Couple of days ago I spent a leisurely 5 minutes in an IL-2 with a wingman also in an IL-2 attacking a convoy. We had fighter cover and took our time. I've been practicing on 72AG so I'm not total shit, and I saw a lot of good hits with bombs and rockets. Ended up with zero kills. Last night I took a Peshka with 4x250kg bombs since maybe the 100kg weren't enough and hit 4 tanks dead on. My wingman was spotting and calling "good bombs" so I assume I was relatively on target. Zero kills, zero damage in the sortie log.

One theory is that with the new damage model, 'dead' tanks (crew dead, tracks off) often don't look dead (black/smoking) so we might be bombing already dead tanks. Is that possible? 

Edit: Sorry, I missed the discussion. This clearly *is* the issue.

55 minutes ago, Antijeeves1 said:

Having trouble controlling pitch and yaw for some reason.  Probably need a game patch . . . .

That's an IL-2, sturdy Russian bird. Just trim it out.  😉

Edited by Alonzo

26 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

The only way to make sure that one tank in a column is destroyed, while the other one is alive, is to record a track while over it, fly back to base, view the track, then go back into the game knowing which tanks are still alive.

I saw on a flight recording playback from a tank column mission we did in IL2s ast night that some intact tanks with a broken track didn't have icons, implying they are destroyed, but one tank had a broken track and still had an icon above it.

2 hours ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Reds could even win map#1 :rolleyes:

Im secretly Praying we do Win this first map, the back to back attacks and counter attacks is Hella fun tl be apart of.

Edited by MentalishMan
A word
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, StG77_HvB said:

I saw on a flight recording playback from a tank column mission we did in IL2s ast night that some intact tanks with a broken track didn't have icons, implying they are destroyed, but one tank had a broken track and still had an icon above it.

Correct. It's not being consistently applied. It's not automatic that a wrecked track = dead tank. I've been testing in QMB against both blue and red tanks and it is the same. A busted track does not always mean the game gives you credit for its' destruction. And the only way to know is to have icons on or keep smashing TAB. Both of which, IMO are far less realistic than just having each tank blow up when they're dead.

Interesting to see that the server restarted with the current mission from when it crashed, including time left. Objectives seem to be reset though.

Edited by Operation_Ivy

Registration question:   Do I need to re-create/re-register every time the the TAW starts a new campaign? 

I played TAW last time about a month ago. Then TAW went off-line and I finally saw it back in the MP list last week. Yesterday I tried to login and it said I have to register to play. I was already registered before, so it was strange. I re-registered anyway with the same pilot name, etc.  The rules on the site don't seem to reflect this. Can anyone provide the insight if there's a such a condition on the server?

- Does the pilot 'expire' after the campaign is finished?

- Does the pilot expire if the pilot is 'unused' for a prolonged time (2-3 weeks?)

Edited by moosya

5 minutes ago, moosya said:

Registration question:   Do I need to re-create/re-register every time the the TAW starts a new campaign? Yes you need to re-register at the start of every new campaign.

I played TAW last time about a month ago. Then TAW went off-line and I finally saw it back in the MP list last week. Yesterday I tried to login and it said I have to register to play. I was already registered before, so it was strange. I re-registered anyway with the same pilot name, etc.  The rules on the site don't seem to reflect this. Can anyone provide the insight if there's a such a condition on the server? Same question as above. But yes, everyone re-registers at the start of a new campaign. 

- Does the pilot 'expire' after the campaign is finished? Yes

- Does the pilot expire if the pilot is 'unused' for a prolonged time (2-3 weeks?) No - unless of course it's a new campaign.

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Thanks 1

i got badly damaged last run but managed to land without wing loss or engine killing. Still, the plane counts and "ditched"...

Is this normal, or was this due to the server being so laggy? I mean, in 3.006 it would have counted as a "landed".

10 hours ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

I think that the devs did a great job with the current system. It controls the flow very well. As for the time zone it will always be a problem no matter what. If you try to balance numerically the teams it will lead only to disappointment and many squads will not to fly any more. We have seen this in ADW.

As for statistics. Currently

Top 50 squads - 29 blues/21 reds

That converts to 278 to 206 pilots.

From them

Top five fighter pilots 2blue 3 reds

Top five bomber pilots 2 reds 3 blues

Top five tank busters pilots 3 blues 2 reds

Top five fighter squads 2 red 3 blues

Top five bomber squads 2red 3 blues

Top five tank busters squads 4 red 1 blue

I think is quite as balanced as it can be. Now if someone feels that it has to be 50 / 50, well my opinion is that it will never be. This will turn either to blue or the red side, as it was for the first 10 campaigns, but hey then nobody complained so much. Now from nowhere everybody complains. I use to fly when it where 10 blues with 30 reds. So what?!?!?! I took my Ju, did my job everything ok. Then this it was a problem, the load out, the gunnery att depot, so it changed, ok. Acceptable! Again the same hordes of reds.

But now for the sake of balance new discussion, nothing creative to say and the statistics are showing no other but that everything works relative ok. But noooooooo. Attacking fellow pilots with insulting under the table meaning on the capability to fly etc is ok.  

Look at the map how it turned. Time zone unfortunately it will be a problem always. Please fly, just fly. There are people that really enjoy flying. Unfortunately it cannot be perfect and the devs they are doing A GREAT JOB to balance situation without restrictions to free will and I believe they will push it a lot more.

How the campaign is turning out has a lot to do with pilot coordination and skill on both sides more than anything else. You are using the argument "Hey, they get outnumbered most of the day and are still managing to fight back" as an excuse to justify the issues with balance. It is like saying, "Barcelona has Messi playing for then so the next Champion's League match, his team is only allowed to field 5 players". Cmon man, don't be ridiculous! There is no easy way to fix this issue but there are ways to make it better and this is what most are trying here. Giving excuses like yours do not help the improvements.

Facts:

- The vast majority of our IL-2 community flies LW. Don't believe me? Look at WoL (click here and here), Coconut (click here), KOTA (click here), and check all previous TAW campaigns in terms of numbers. The reason vary greatly from trying to be like the German Experten, cool skins, squad rules, etc ... But the greatest, IMHO, is the fact that German have better AC for the time frame we are simulating. You can easily see the latter  when you go into KOTA and see some well-known LW only guys flying the likes of P-47 and such. It always has been like this, since the previous 1946 game. In Spit vs 109 and Aces Over Europe, everyone would jump into the German fighters in Eastern Front missions (especially the early ones) and then go to the Allies for 1944-45 missions. We cannot be naive to think the same thing won't happen here in TAW and try to devise a system to, at least, ameliorate that. I'm totally fine with people flying for one side all the time, but I hate when they join a mission and stack the shit out of it like when it is 30 LW x 20 VVS and 20 LW join in like it is not going to make a change to the mission's balance. So, there needs to be a fair system to, at least, control that. Introducing the following should make it, at least, fair:

- Cap limiter: Each side is only allowed to field 42 players. This is a must to the fairness of the campaign. It gives the opportunity for the side with less players to have more players join the server when the other side is full. It is fair because the majority side cannot block the server with all their numbers, they will be always capped to 42. What we current have is ridiculous and we will (and are seeing) situations where, depending on the time zone, there are 62 x 22 players etc. This kind of imbalance destroys the mission being flown and dissuade the minority side from even flying the mission. But what if the side you want to fly is full when you want to join? Well, either create an account for the other side and enjoy the campaign that way or don't join the mission and go do something else for that time being but, at least, the extra players won't disrupt the fairness and balance of the mission. You gotta remember, TAW is not a simple server, training server like WoL, but a competition. You cannot have a competition be unfair and should have rules to ensure the competition feels like a true competition where both sides have the same chances at winning;

- Current Spawn limiter: This of course may need some tweaking and all but helps the minority side in situations that the server would reach a 42 x 10 with the cap limiter. The minority side would gain a small bonus (forcing the Majority side to take-off from the far AFs). Of course this system is an annoyance for the majority side but, guess what?!, flying in a stacked server is also an annoyance to the minority side. At least this system still allow the sticking team to fly and it is not as rigorous as kicking players on the majority side to balance the mission or forcing anyone to fly planes they don't want;

- Kicking people when server is full: This will increase the rotation of the pilots and allow pilots waiting to join the server a chance to fly when the server is full.

- There are only 84 players allowed in the server: It is problematic that we have a lot more squadrons in certain time zones than the server can accommodate. This is a fact that we cannot currently fix and people will be left out when too many squadrons try to join during, for example, EU prime time. But, here again, at least the ones in the mission are having a balanced experience.

Like I said, there are no easy or perfect solution to fix the issue but, at least this way, IMHO, TAW remains fair which is a MUST in a server that strives to be a competition.

Sorry for the wall of text.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

- Kicking people when server is full: This will increase the rotation of the pilots and allow pilots waiting to join the server a chance to fly when the server is full.

You bring up some valid suggestions except, IMHO, this one.  ^^^^  Are you suggesting kick people randomly or some other method? I'd hate to be waiting for my buddies to return home (after I got shot down) so we can fly out together only to get kicked because I was in spectator mode for two to three minutes.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Just now, [TWB]Sketch said:

You bring up some valid suggestions except, IMHO, this one.  ^^^^  Are you suggesting kick people randomly or some other method? I'd hate to be waiting for my buddies to return home (after I got shot down) so we can fly out together only to get kicked because I was in spectator mode for two to three minutes.

Sorry, I should fix that. I meant kicking people when the cap limiter is reached if they die.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Sorry, I should fix that. I meant kicking people when the cap limiter is reached if they die.

I thought that was Already implemented, I face planted into the dirt in a giant explosion after getting ripped up. 3ish seconds later I was booted. It was a half full server or Full.

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Facts:

- The vast majority of our IL-2 community flies LW. Don't believe me? Look at WoL (click here and here), Coconut (click here), KOTA (click here), and check all previous TAW campaigns in terms of numbers. The reason vary greatly from trying to be like the German Experten, cool skins, squad rules, etc ... But the greatest, IMHO, is the fact that German have better AC for the time frame we are simulating. You can easily see the latter  when you go into KOTA and see some well-known LW only guys flying the likes of P-47 and such. It always has been like this, since the previous 1946 game. In Spit vs 109 and Aces Over Europe, everyone would jump into the German fighters in Eastern Front missions (especially the early ones) and then go to the Allies for 1944-45 missions. We cannot be naive to think the same thing won't happen here in TAW and try to devise a system to, at least, ameliorate that. I'm totally fine with people flying for one side all the time, but I hate when they join a mission and stack the shit out of it like when it is 30 LW x 20 VVS and 20 LW join in like it is not going to make a change to the mission's balance. So, there needs to be a fair system to, at least, control that. Introducing the following should make it, at least, fair:

Sorry for the wall of text.

You have some ideas that are correct but sometimes times you are simply stuck with things. It is the time zone that you talking about. And yes probably it may be like that. But please do not bring up wrong things. Where exactly are the more LW pilots in WoL...….

I don't like it also when I have to CAP or CAS without facing an enemy, but what the heck, it is a campaign server. Coordinate, strike, win if you can. I'll do my part. It is not a dogfight server, although it has a lot of that. I will never ask for balance because I would like to fly in a balanced server in my time zone (yes I am living in EU too, so I do work until 1700 so I can join at 1900 to 2100). It interests me more the fact of damage model of targets, the bomb loadout, the AAA etc.

Probably I am wrong. Or you can say that I am out of the game. In my experience people who stream into balance are the once who do care for everything but the game. I really do not now if you where flying in ADW all the previous years. If you did you should know that one of the reasons that the best campaign server in il2_1946 failed the last years where discussion like this one that came up.

UFO planes, Balance, mods etc.

It is better to stop that discussion, talk more why our bombs are not having the same effect as they use to and how we can solve actual problems. Jesus the reds will win the map with so many imbalances.....

tnx 

@Daedalos

wol.png

Edited by 335th_GRDaedalos

Easy fix just make every single plane in the game a 109k4 from the beginning of the war to the end completely fair and balanced. Or maybe the F4. This way everyone can pretend to be their idol eric hartmann. WOL is usually stacked blues but they lose all the time. The answer is simple, nobody flies ground attack on LW because literally everyone flies a 109. I don't get it, I don't even like the damn plane.

Edited by 392FS_Jred
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Easy fix just make every single plane in the game a 109k4 from the beginning of the war to the end completely fair and balanced. Or maybe the F4. This way everyone can pretend to be their idol eric hartmann. WOL is usually stacked blues but they lose all the time. The answer is simple, nobody flies ground attack on LW because literally everyone flies a 109. I don't get it, I don't even like the damn plane.

Hey now, some of us fly the duck instead!

(And die in almost every mission as a result...)

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

Enjoying this campaign so far!

Could anyone enlighten me on some of the mechanics I dont quite understand yet?

Supplies - On the ingame mission briefing, is 0% full or empty for a airfield's supplies? I only ask as most of the rear ones had 10-15% supplies while some of the damaged front line ones had ~80%.  Does this mean they have 80% of supplies left, or they have used 80% of supplies? 

Paratroopers - Not seeing any paratrooper Pe2 variants on VVS?

Objective hit points - Things like train cars I am finding VERY tough to hurt with cannons, has the HP on small vehicles/statics been doubled?

Cheers!

100% of supplies means that airfield has full supply and it may use it to lower the damage level. 

There is no paratrooper PE2 variant

Objective hit points - maybe something was changed after the latest patch. I have to check it.

3 hours ago, JG4_Deciman said:

Possible new bug on suply missions...

Just had 2 flights with a Ju52 with freight
(both times manually unloaded freight after a successfull landing at the airfield and no changes to the plane setup between them)
First flight took 15:12 and was credited with a CM.
Second flight took 14:53 and did not result in a CM.

Both times same airfields used...

Deci

Onyl 18% of fuel. It isn't enough to make transport mission. Use 100% of fuel. You got CM because flight time was more than 15 min.

2 hours ago, Krupinskii said:

Not sure if you guys saw this @=LG=Kathon

Yes, I replied. But in our case it's not the issue.

2 hours ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

i got badly damaged last run but managed to land without wing loss or engine killing. Still, the plane counts and "ditched"...

Is this normal, or was this due to the server being so laggy? I mean, in 3.006 it would have counted as a "landed".

In 3.006 it wouldn't have been counted as "landed" because you landed on the closed Lotoshino airfield. 

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

In 3.006 it wouldn't have been counted as "landed" because you landed on the closed Lotoshino airfield. 

ty for explanation. Had forgotten that aspect.

Additional question though : does  a "ditched" airplane count as a "lost airplane"? My pilot stats say I lost 1 plane (the ditched one), but does that ditched one then also count in the global numbers of planes lost?

2 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Just to add to this, maybe a time limit before they can rejoin the server,

this would not be popular i know, but it would allow others waiting to join.

And also make people look after their virtual pilot....

And on a positive note, maybe reduce the number of pilot deaths?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

You have some ideas that are correct but sometimes times you are simply stuck with things. It is the time zone that you talking about. And yes probably it may be like that. But please do not bring up wrong things. Where exactly are the more LW pilots in WoL...….

I don't like it also when I have to CAP or CAS without facing an enemy, but what the heck, it is a campaign server. Coordinate, strike, win if you can. I'll do my part. It is not a dogfight server, although it has a lot of that. I will never ask for balance because I would like to fly in a balanced server in my time zone (yes I am living in EU too, so I do work until 1700 so I can join at 1900 to 2100). It interests me more the fact of damage model of targets, the bomb loadout, the AAA etc.

Probably I am wrong. Or you can say that I am out of the game. In my experience people who stream into balance are the once who do care for everything but the game. I really do not now if you where flying in ADW all the previous years. If you did you should know that one of the reasons that the best campaign server in il2_1946 failed the last years where discussion like this one that came up.

UFO planes, Balance, mods etc.

It is better to stop that discussion, talk more why our bombs are not having the same effect as they use to and how we can solve actual problems. Jesus the reds will win the map with so many imbalances.....

tnx 

@Daedalos

1. "Where exactly are the more LW pilots in WoL?" - First, before respond saying I'm wrong, make sure you know what I'm talking about. Look at the picture you sent me and you will see that there are 612 players flying exclusively as LW and 493 as VVS. So, no, I'm not wrong. This is the same for the major servers and this is a fact. Feel free to look at it yourself. Does this mean there will be LW stacking all the times, no, not at all, just like in TAW, but the chances are higher to have a totally unbalanced mission. Introducing the cap limiter would help such occassions;

2. but what the heck, it is a campaign server. - Exactly and because it is not a dogfight server and a competitive campaign, it should be fair to both sides hence the suggested changes;

3. I will never ask for balance because I would like to fly in a balanced server in my time zone - You are contradicting yourself here. If you cannot join the server flying for one side maybe next campaign you join the other side. I know what you are going to say: "But I only fly LW .....". That is the main source of the issue and you want everybody else to cater for your needs and preference when that is not the goal of the campaign. You said it yourself, it is not a dogfight server. If all you want to fly is LW for this and all the future campaigns and don't have a spot because the majority thinks just like you and want to stack one side, then fly somewhere else. At least, for those in the mission and participating in the campaign, it will be fair and more balanced. How is it fair to the other players that want to fly other sides that you only fly LW and when they switch to the LW the server becomes a total mess in numbers?

4. It is better to stop that discussion, talk more why our bombs are not having the same effect as they use to and how we can solve actual problems. Jesus the reds will win the map with so many imbalances..... - Discussion is a way to listen to individuals opinions and improve something. Without discussions, our society would be even worse than what it is. The reason you don't like to discuss this is because you fear changes may put in a position uncomfortable regarding your AC/side preference.

5. Jesus the reds will win the map with so many imbalances..... -  Winning and balance are not necessarily connected. A soccer team with 11 players with 8 that suck facing one with 5 players at Messi skill level might lose but that does not mean its is balanced.

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

Jesus the reds will win the map with so many imbalances.....

Well, considering that right now Red is well on the way to killing the f*ck out of Blue's tanks, depriving Blue of a major offense component.  I'd say the post-update extra-tough tanks are saving Blue right now. 

You might say "but Blue kills tanks too.", and that is true, but let's face it -  Blue doesn't have nearly as many pilots that will fly as tank killers much less fly nearly every mission as tank killers.  Sure, Blue has dedicated bomber and attacker pilots, but I assure you Red has more.  I highly doubt most Blue will even fly their bombers if they use up their 109s and 110 available and would rather do transport or wait for their next +1 to come into their list.  Maybe that's your imbalance right there....

40 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Well, considering that right now Red is well on the way to killing the f*ck out of Blue's tanks, depriving Blue of a major offense component.  I'd say the post-update extra-tough tanks are saving Blue right now. 

I mean yeah Killing tanks off is nice and prevents enemy tank columns from spawning, but we are losing a shit ton of Airplanes during the Axis Prime time. 

Look at missions 45,44 and 41 all three of those missions we lost more a total of 123 Aircraft, and thats not counting the rest of the missions today. We arent going to win this if we get more missions where we loose planes in the 40's.

Edited by MentalishMan
Editing.

1 hour ago, MentalishMan said:

I mean yeah Killing tanks off is nice and prevents enemy tank columns from spawning, but we are losing a shit ton of Airplanes during the Axis Prime time. 

Look at missions 45,44 and 41 all three of those missions we lost more a total of 123 Aircraft, and thats not counting the rest of the missions today. We arent going to win this if we get more missions where we loose planes in the 40's.

MAP #1 is going to be extremely difficult for Red to win, but player count is currently 20 Red vs. 3 Blue.  Red can't really destroy non-present Blue planes, but it can wreak havoc on ground targets and push the territory fence back hard right now.   My honest assessment though:  If Blue wins, it will be a very close match.  If Red wins, it will be a miracle.  Even for me, that's a bit tough to chew being that I sided with Red.  

(Someday I'll delve into flying Axis planes but it probably won't be anytime soon.)    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

MAP #1 is going to be extremely difficult for Red to win, but player count is currently 20 Red vs. 3 Blue.  Red can't really destroy non-present Blue planes, but it can wreak havoc on ground targets and push the territory fence back hard right now.   My honest assessment though:  If Blue wins, it will be a very close match.  If Red wins, it will be a miracle.  Even for me, that's a bit tough to chew being that I sided with Red.  

(Someday I'll delve into flying Axis planes but it probably won't be anytime soon.)    

Oh I know, Im hella surprised we're clawing this land back. I know we will get BTFO'd in the morning by JG/4 pushing us back to our starting lines. We just need people running on VOIP comms and working Together instead of having Headless Pilots running in Solo and getting show down by a 20mm. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2018 at 8:26 PM, MentalishMan said:

The I-16 is a pretty fun aircraft to fly out, I was pretty skeptical about it and not much of a Fighter Pilot. 

Yeah but it's fun in a more novelty way and when your opponent has the Bf 109 it's not as amusing