=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Right now 28 LW vs 5 VVS. Out of these 21 LW in mission/flying and 4 VVS flying/mission but no AFs are closed. It does not look like the limiter is working properly.

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Hey but what if it is like 42 LW (reached cap limiti) vs 20 VVS and we have more 10 LW players wanting to join the server?

They will be blocked and sit out. This way for those in the server, the experience is a more balanced and fair one. Those 10 players can either make an account for the red side and enjoy the campaign as such or just go somewhere else but, like I said, those in the server have a better experience and a chance to fight back. Not to mention it is easier for the minority side to have more players join the server this way as well since the remaining spots will be open for their side.

Something like this was proposed a couple of times but yeah...

Now we have the "limiter system" and we have to deal with it and see how it will turn out.

34 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Right now 28 LW vs 5 VVS. Out of these 21 LW in mission/flying and 4 VVS flying/mission but no AFs are closed. It does not look like the limiter is working properly.

from frontline airfields there is a 5 players in air. thats why they are not closed

rest of LW are from lukovnikovo so there is no need to kick the limiter

1 minute ago, =LG=Coldman said:

from frontline airfields there is a 5 players in air. thats why they are not closed

So the amount of players per airfield is limited and not the numbers of airfields in general? that actually sounds way better.

I think it should work like this but im not sure if it is for now. From my observation it turn off all frontline airfields if the limit of the players on all forward airfields is exceeded but we have to look at it.

Edited by =LG=Coldman
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

I am not suggesting to judge changes by a poll or something like that but i don't see anything wrong with having the chance to get additional input.

If you run a campaign you will find that an open discussion is just a flame war. Long term it tears to effort to pieces.

18 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

It is not perfect but, at least, we are doing our part.

Thanks SCG boys.

• Thanks 1

I got a squad of 45 Reds together for this TAW so the rest of you reds had better show up when we're not around and carry on the pushes we can make!! We're going to win Map 1 in I-16s gentlemen!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

I got a squad of 45 Reds together for this TAW so the rest of you reds had better show up when we're not around and carry on the pushes we can make!! We're going to win Map 1 in I-16s gentlemen!

A cookie for you.

Edited by Banzaii
  • Haha 1

Transport PE-2 is fuqered again. You have 0 normal Pe-2 and cant take transport one. I removed everything but the fuel, ammo too, and it still wont work. 

• Upvote 1

Same for He-111 by the way, seems like transport missions don't work at all for both sides.
No CM and we don't get the +4% resupply.
Seems like it's also the same for Ju52s, but I didn't test it myself.

Edited by -IRRE-Centx
  • Upvote 1

Just to rub home the gravity of the situation.

We cannot do supply missions, that means getting P-40 and Pe-2 resupplied is solely reliant in your predominance in Il-2 and I-16 in situation where there is more axis with better +1 planes in the air. 

• Upvote 1

60 x 18 is getting hard to do anything against that. We need a cap limit asap or perhaps we should all fly Luftwaffe next campaign and pretend to shoot at invisible planes?

Could the brave pilots flying under these conditions at least be able to keep their planes if they get shot down or something like that?

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

60 x 18 is getting hard to do anything against that. We need a cap limit asap or perhaps we should all fly Luftwaffe next campaign and pretend to shoot at invisible planes?

Could the brave pilots flying under these conditions at least be able to keep their planes if they get shot down or something like that?

It's not even all that possible to sneak around and attack out-of-the-way targets such as random enemy posts or lesser-staffed enemy airfields.  I want to participate, but I'm not going to feed a meat grinder with very little possibility of jamming its gears.  :dash: 

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well I have a squad up to 50 men registered for Red now but even if half (25) of us were ready to play there's only 7 spots for us.

image.png.859af52db08d298137306fb83f6984f4.png

Edited by Talon_
  • Upvote 1

Well, here we are again friends. 

The front line AF limiter is a good idea, and I actually think with some minor tweaks it should be permanent moving forward. However, I fear that unless it is a situation that is 3v1 - then it is too harsh of a penalty otherwise. For example last night was 20v25, Red had the 5 pilot advantage but the front line fields shut down. That penalty when you are only ahead by a few pilots is way too harsh for numbers like this, IMO, especially in Map #1. 

But the lopsided balance numbers again are a cause for concern. Part of it has to be due to the usual Map #1 plane set. So maybe the numbers improve in the following maps, and this TAW isn't a Blue bullet train like that last one :P

Currently we have:

Allies (415 players registered)

Axis (536 players registered)

Now I know some of these are 'doubles' with several guys flying both sides. But still, that is a sizable advantage for Blue already. But let's see what happens, it has only been a few days since we started this new campaign, hopefully the numbers improve. 

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Talon_ said:

Is this an exclusive 45 man squad or are you going to open it up so that singles and double pilots can share input with the whole team and help support each other?

Just now, [TWB]Sketch said:

Is this an exclusive 45 man squad or are you going to open it up so that singles and double pilots can share input with the whole team and help support each other?

They're my friends man. Pretty sure every squad on the board is invite-only.

So that I understand, you want us to work together,  but you do not want to have us to be in an administrated Discord channel - that you would have full powers over. How the f does this make any sense?

2 minutes ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

So that I understand, you want us to work together,  but you do not want to have us to be in an administrated Discord channel - that you would have full powers over. How the f does this make any sense?

The idea is that you work together with your friends. You're a member of TWB and they are highly regarded squadron. Can't you put together a strike package from your not insignificant talent pool?

Edited by Talon_

10 hours ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

Downside of this would be that it would make it harder for organized squads to do anything together. Sometimes you have to wait for quite a long time to get everyone in.

We regularly take a while to get in as a squad, but people don't idle as spectators. They get into their planes, start engines, and taxi off of parking and towards the runway (usually trying not to block the runway). I see zero reason for people to be able to idle as spectators for longer than a few minutes (say for a bio break between spawns or something).

13 minutes ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

12 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

The idea is that you work together with your friends. You're a member of TWB and they are highly regarded squadron. Can't you put together a strike package from your not insignificant talent pool?

I think you guys are talking past each other. I'm sure everyone would be open to some kind of coordination between groups, whether that's a specific Discord server, ambassador roles on a server or whatever. 

• Upvote 1

I am suggesting we all join an administrated discord so we don't have....

the "bad microphone quality" guy

- the "How was your day? I ate an hamburger with french fries for lunch. And I love my cat. Did I told you that *insert random plane here* is not correctly modeled in game? Let me explain you why..." guy

- the "I play with my child/wife/stepmother/dog screaming behind me for half an hour and I do nothing against it" guy

- the "I have no headset, so my game sound is at maximum volume on speakers, can you hear my beautiful engine roaring?" guy

- the "I don't care about English, I will speak in *insert random language here* " guy

- the "I play with music and I want to share it with everybody *boom boom boom boom boom*" guy

- etc...

(from -IRRE-Centx)

I believe Talon doesn't want those types of people either. It's why I'm suggesting he open the doors to his populated Discord, and boot out anyone that meets the above. After all, he'd be the administrator of said Discord - with all the powers that come with being the admin. This way when he boasts...

"I got a squad of 45 Reds together for this TAW so the rest of you reds had better show up when we're not around and carry on the pushes we can make!! We're going to win Map 1 in I-16s gentlemen!"

We can join him and work together as a solid team, instead of feeling left out. As I'm sure you all are aware, TAW's meta is all about numbers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

We can join him and work together as a solid team, instead of feeling left out

We're bulging under the pressure already. 30 guys on comms is no joke - as of night 1 on TAW I've caved to demands from my section leaders that I won't be adding anybody else to the channel for a while. In fact I've been asked to reduce mission size.

It's definitely possible that we get so big we undermine our efficiency. If you can put together your own group we will be able to co-ordinate as efficiently via text chat.

Regarding feeling left out, I have 50 guys but there's 400 on the team who aren't in the squad. I'm not the entire Red Army.

My wingman and me just had an server error within 10 minutes..both of us flying, wanting to attack an enemy, woosh, "lost connection to the server". I never had that before in any game. Real bummer. I know it's probably the Devs fault (new update), but i hope this can be sorted soon by any side

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

I dont understand the mentality or what goes through the blues pilots minds when they have such numbers, do they enjoy it? they want to win that much they dont care about the fun side of it? or perhaps this is fun, shooting fish in a barrel?

2 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

I dont understand the mentality or what goes through the blues pilots minds when they have such numbers, do they enjoy it? they want to win that much they dont care about the fun side of it? or perhaps this is fun, shooting fish in a barrel?

Some people just can't resist kicking a dog.

14 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

I can only speak for myself but it is utterly boring. Hydra is considering to switch to red if the numbers don't change.

1 hour ago, Operation_Ivy said:

I can only speak for myself but it is utterly boring. Hydra is considering to switch to red if the numbers don't change.

TBH if red had a central location and a fairly accesable  location to coord and plan, as well as pass intel, I think itd be a less scatterbrain effort and you could stay blue.  My opinion is English speskers use the TAW discord for red coord at a minimum.  Over to the Russians and Germans on TAW TS if they wanna send and Englisg speakin rep to coord.  You can drop intel on target area from screenshots, aa locations etc.  Would be cool. Not to mention build a connected community.

Edited by Banzaii

Actually let's face it, the main problem of TAW is... it's success.

Too many players want to fly on this server, leading to a major overpopulation, which leads to massive unbalance depending on hours (= depending on connected squads, mostly...)

Is there a solution for this? I don't think so...

(well, in a perfect world, there would be 4-5 TAW servers running in parallel... but eh, not really possible :mda:)

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

4 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Transport PE-2 is fuqered again. You have 0 normal Pe-2 and cant take transport one. I removed everything but the fuel, ammo too, and it still wont work. 

@=LG= : Is there any ETA on when the transports will work again?  It will make it tougher to keep airfields that are getting bombed, repaired/active, as well as replenishing aircraft stock(i.e.  if there's no reason to do transport missions).

Also, question... if a random flak group near the front line is completely destroyed, will it then stop giving intel to the other side that an enemy aircraft has been spotted?  Or is this based on a trigger zone and happens for the entire mission regardless of the state of the units there?  It would be nice to know if it's worth it to destroy these AA units or not.

Thanks in advance for your response, and for bringing us this server/event.

Edited by AKA_Relent

Another issue I've noticed is the experience points (XP) scoring.  It appears that the air kills are not always rewarding pilots with 50 points, but in some cases 10 points (more like an air kill assist), or other sum.

For example, looking at a couple of SCG_Sinerox's sorties (didn't mean to pick on you Sinerox, but you had some good examples :) ):

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2282&name=SCG_Sinerox : in this one, he has one air kill and ended the sortie in the air, with a 33+ minute sortie.  It shows 21 XP, which appears to be 10 for the kill and 11 for the time in the air (33/3).

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=1818&name=SCG_Sinerox : in this one, he has 3 air kills and landed, with a 50+ minute sortie.  It shows 81 XP, which appears to be 15 for landing, and 16 for the time in the air (50/3), leaving 50 for all three kills (50 + 0 + 0?).

Thus, it seems something is not quite right with the XP calculation, that you might want to check into.

Thanks!

it's a Thunderbolt influence on American friends 😄 i play last night till 4 in the morning Polish time and it was all favor to allies side

38 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

now its 10:47 to te russians  so its very dynamic

Herd mentality. ... Herd mentality, mob mentality and pack mentality, also lesser known as gang mentality, describes how people can be influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors on a largely emotional, rather than rational, basis.

I paid attention in my freshman year sociology class in college (university for you non Americans LOL).

There was a slight imbalance in the numbers skewed to LW in the last campaign - and all the VVS units complained. Now everyone ran the other way at the onset of this campaign to fix the issue. However, this caused an even more imbalance skewed to the VVS this time. The term for this is what is posted above.

I think limiting the number based on the numbers of the other side would be better:

IF # of BLUE <=0.5 # of RED THEN LOCK RED, WHEN # of BLUE <1

IF # of RED <= 0.5 # of BLUE THEN LOCK BLUE, WHEN # of RED <1

My logic is when a mission starts - it kicks everyone. So when 2 ppl join BLUE, a max of 4 can join RED and vice versa.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

It's only busy because I got Red Flight on in number while SCG and E69 were on too. Blue will have advantage again in an hour I expect.

10 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

I paid attention in my freshman year sociology class in college (university for you non Americans LOL).

There was a slight imbalance in the numbers skewed to LW in the last campaign - and all the VVS units complained. Now everyone ran the other way at the onset of this campaign to fix the issue. However, this caused an even more imbalance skewed to the VVS this time. The term for this is what is posted above.

I think limiting the number based on the numbers of the other side would be better:

IF # of BLUE <=0.5 # of RED THEN LOCK RED, WHEN # of BLUE <1

IF # of RED <= 0.5 # of BLUE THEN LOCK BLUE, WHEN # of RED <1

My logic is when a mission starts - it kicks everyone. So when 2 ppl join BLUE, a max of 4 can join RED and vice versa.

So now at 17 BLUE, max RED would be 34 verses 40 that is there now. I guess the question is does that 7 additional ppl make a difference? Maybe lower the delta to 40% (then round up).

So when 17 RED join, MAX BLUE would be 23. 

When 2 RED join, MAX BLUE = 3 and so on.