=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Me too. Not trying to rush you guys or anything. You should take ur time and at ur own pace, im sure we all appreciate the amazing work u guys are doing. I'll be here as long as it takes just please let us know whats up.

Cheers

Edited by JAGER_Riksen

If your pilot was killed, your squad should lose you for next mission.

"Combat mission is a sortie with “Landed”/”In flight” status and ... at least 15min long without any kill."

15 min for resurrection might drive only random single-players away (to the "kindergarden"  :P 

• Upvote 1

New TAW campaign starts on 04.09.2016 at 18:00 UTC. Obligatory registration on TAW website will be available from Saturday 03.09.

I will write about changes and new features later because not everything is ready and we still are working on it ;)

• Upvote 8

awesome news guys. Thanks for all the effort! :)

Nice eh Benti? Gonna work those stukas!!! (Or maybe IL2's if the russians are outnumbered again)

Thanks Kathon and co. Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

Bad news... bad news...

Unfortunately new errors related to planned planeset were revealed unexpectedly and I can't fix it quickly. The work around is to start on Sunday new version of campaign but with previous system of planeset and I'm currently working at it. So please hold on with the registration.

New campaign starts on 04.09.2016 at 18:00 UTC.

Registration is now open on TAW website. (http://taw.stg2.de/login.php?page=register)

You will see number of registered pilots of each side. Please try to balance number of pilots in each side. In previous campaign there were always less Allied pilots.

What’s new:

• During registration you may select your games BOM/BOS. You will be allowed to fly planes only from selected game. Also only planes from selected game will be resupplied after Combat missions.
  • During registration you may select Preferred planes: Fighters/Bomber. It has influence on priority which plane is going to be resupply first. If all selected then there is random factor.
  • If enemy plane destroy some friendly units in tank/supply convoy or defense position information about it is shown to friendly pilots after a few minutes.
  • Exact position of supply convoys are unknown at the beginning of the missions. They are somewhere in the white circled area. After finding it there will be new truck icon on the game map with exact position.
  • Convoys move faster and the strength of the defense position is lower to easier capture enemy city.
  • Tank convoys are supplied after each map (up to 8 trucks and 3 AA)
  • Random time of mission start. Mission may start just after sunrise or end before sunset.
  • Bombers Pe-2, He 111, Ju 88 with any AK or GK may have more than one Combat mission in one sortie. Every 20min of flight after first 15min is one extra Combat mission.
  • To destroy and close enemy airfield you have to destroy more than 85% of hangars, fuels, and static planes on it. If succeeded then in the next mission the enemy airfield will be 100% destroyed and without any AA. To capture it land successfully at least 6 transport bombers on it. Destroy enemy supply convoy advancing to airfield to be sure it will not be supplied. Destroyed hangar count as 3 ground kills.
  • Resource limits for each map: 1300 planes, 900 pilots, 400 tanks.
  • Axis pilots have 50% chance to be captured over enemy area. Allied 20%.
  • In case of bug of the DServer when it doesn’t load new mission after about 2 hours there will be big red info on the screen in game. The script will try to reload the map.
  • Information about unavailable planes are sent to pilots not to everyone.
  • Icons should now disappear correctly. After destroying all artillery in defense position, tanks in tank convoys and trucks in supply convoys.
  • Planeset similar as previous (unfortunately):

planeset_v1_3_2.jpg

• Upvote 7

why?

They had unexpected errors that couldnt be fixed in time (info from their FB page)

I'm aware. One could but postpone it by one week

Edited by VSG1_Raven

Planeset similar as previous (unfortunately)

:(

Okay, I wait for the next round.

Without an unlimited fighter the game is boring for average players without the technical possibilities to fly two-engined bombers (double throttle etc.)

In short time You are down to Ju 87s on the blue side and die on every mission due to the heavy flak defence.

• Upvote 3

without the technical possibilities to fly two-engined bombers (double throttle etc.)

Nobody needs a double throttle to fly twin engined. 

• Upvote 4

Probably due to the fact that Axis are fighting over enemy soil, and the local population would play a part in the ability for a pilot to safely escape back over the front-lines?

Without an unlimited fighter the game is boring for average players without the technical possibilities to fly two-engined bombers (double throttle etc.)

In short time You are down to Ju 87s on the blue side and die on every mission due to the heavy flak defence.

I think the limited fighter slots is quite good, this is not a server to learn and 15m flight with a stuka is not that boring/hard, also remember the ditch mechanic. 4 chances with LaGG is probably enough, germans could get 2 F4s though. (I dont have double throttle or even TrackIR)

• Upvote 2

They new planset would have less fighters. The main purose is to avoid simlpy dogfighting. That's the philosophy from TAW, which was proclaimed by LG Blackhart in his very early posts.

• Upvote 2

One request to admin.... my profile in TAW is registered as _ITAF_Rani

Could you pls change in ITAF_Rani as I'm in BOS ?

Many txs

I know that many of you are not happy about this plane set (we as well) but I decided to start campaign with it and test new other things rather than wait few weeks trying to fix planned plane set. To introduce planned plane set I have to change architecture of the scrip that it will be analyzing events online not after the end of a mission as it's right now.

Few more things:

- One aircraft is resupplied after 3 Combat missions now.

- Medals were added based on actual AK streak and GK streak.

- Check Skins tab on TAW website to download new skins from other squadrons.

• Upvote 1

Resource limits for each map: 1300 planes, 900 pilots, 400 tanks.

You are trying to justify chutekilling on your server despite the feeling of the community

Edited by -IRRE-Biluf

There was an old map in DServer directory so I had to reload the server. Sorry :/

First mission some AF were bugged but we managed to spawn, after the restart no one can spawn in both sides.

Guys, all problems are from bugged game. Look at the DServer, people are counted many times. At the moment DServer see 497 players. This is DServer bug. This game is so bugged that I have no words....

DServer_error.jpg

• Upvote 1

dangit adelmann and airdoc! :D

I instructed my dopplegangers to coordinate between them in their appearances, but now the cover has been blown.:)

• Upvote 1