=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

12 hours ago, Axurit said:

Maybe one day TAW ww1 ??

And right after that we will get Finno-Korean Hyperwar, with dinosaurs air force.

dinoraiders.thumb.jpeg.9a3a4619857f2d86613c0141f7b92fef.jpeg

Finnish dinoflyers ambushing Hwanh dynasty's second supply corps at Mongolian steppes, 12445 B.C. (colorized)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

And right after that we will get Finno-Korean Hyperwar, with dinosaurs air force.

dinoraiders.thumb.jpeg.9a3a4619857f2d86613c0141f7b92fef.jpeg

Finnish dinoflyers ambushing Hwanh dynasty's second supply corps at Mongolian steppes, 12445 B.C. (colorized)

Was this the war that was supposed to seal the Unicorn lair forever, then Mr. Un re-opened it all these millennia later?

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

We should include the G-14, A-8, spit 9 and p-47 into next TAW, pleas.

:rolleyes:

Quoted from previous page :

On 11/17/2018 at 9:09 PM, =LG=Padre said:

For now we are considering adding some BOBp planes to the last maps. Will probably appear Spit IX and G14, mayby A8.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:22 PM, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

And P-47 too I'd hope.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:31 PM, =LG=Padre said:

Of course, we take this pony into consideration.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2018 at 11:30 PM, Haza said:

Padre,

Not sure if you are aware, but some might find the the language in your profile picture offensive! Just a friendly heads-up! 

Regards

:D :D :D 

49 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

190 A8, 109 G14, P-47 & Spit IX will be added.

why spitIX and no K4??????

why P47 and no K4?????

Edited by 335th_GRDaedalos

16 minutes ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

why P47 and no K4?????

Cause this is TAW, which is attempting a nod to historical accuracy, within limits of what the game provides. You can go fly a K4 UFO unobtainium on KOTA if you want.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Cause this is TAW, which is attempting a nod to historical accuracy, within limits of what the game provides. You can go fly a K4 UFO unobtainium on KOTA if you want.

Please, please, please! Do not start this.

- UFO the K4? And the spit is accurate, and the VVS planes are accurate and the p40, 39 etc are accurate.

- You mean that the same DEVS that according to you they build an accurate game they decided to bring a less accurate plane?

- And please help me to understand why do you think it is an UFO, are you an airplane constructor? Maybe you do have some secret documents that they prove otherwise? You where probably a pilot during the WWII and you have a test all the planes and you know better? 

- And which historical accuracy, when you we are talking about the P47.

I think it has be done a great job to rewrite a lot of history in this game. It is up to one point acceptable. But please do not overdrive.

It is very funny to read some points of view. I think that many pilots are really one-sided in the way that they are thinking. I can accept every argument, logical or not but it has to be an argument, not a position. 

And do not forget …. it is a game, a game much, much, too much far away from the reality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

why P47 and no K4?????

We have people whining arguing in here that LaGG-3 shuld not have the 23mm on/or behind restrictions.... You think that there will be a snowballs chance that TAW's history-warriors will let a plane that had  series AT MOST,  and saw action mostly at the very end of war in here without voicing their .... counter opinions?

TAW follows certain time frame. This means that having a planes that were not active during that time, available is a no no. This means that P-47, that was available before K4 will be easier to introduce and has contemporary adversaries in form of A-8 and G-14.

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

We have people whining arguing in here that LaGG-3 shuld not have the 23mm on/or behind restrictions.... You think that there will be a snowballs chance that TAW's history-warriors will let a plane that had 1600 series AT MOST,  and saw action mostly at the very end of war in here without voicing their .... counter opinions?

I am really sorry for my post.

Misunderstood a lot of thinks.

Really I do not want extent more this topic because it will be meaningless.

Truly Sorry bad of me  

• Upvote 2

I like the K4 and it is a joy to play, but including it into TAW without a Tempest etc. for the VSS would be insane. It is not a UFO because the devs did something wrong, but because it’s powerlevel is way higher than anything else we have right now. The Spit or P47 are great planes, but they don’t even remotely reach the performance of the K4.

Edited by Finnsky
  • Upvote 4

On 11/21/2018 at 10:45 PM, Cpt_Siddy said:

...TAW follows certain time frame. This means that having a planes that were not active during that time, available is a no no...

In that case you have no idea what you are talking about my friend

It's a good thing to NOT include the K4. This thing is a beast and Spit9 or Jug can't do a lot against, expect turning for life or diving for life.

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

We are adding those planes on a last map also when p51 will appear we will add K4. These planes are temporary and they will be moved away to BoB map only when its released.

• Upvote 2

Artur I take that. We are thinking of joining TAW from day one this time and just wondering how you gonna cope with new planes. Thats all

Unbelievable, LW has a great advantage in planes performance specially after last two patches and they are still whining complaining about the 23mm on the Lagg-3?

What a bunch of spoiled kids this community has. And it's probably the same people asking for the K4 in TAW right now; amazing.

Edited by ECV56_Chimango
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

Unbelievable, LW has a great advantage in planes performance specially after last two patches and they are still whining complaining about the 23mm on the Lagg-3?

Who's complaining against 23mm? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

We are adding those planes on a last map also when p51 will appear we will add K4. These planes are temporary and they will be moved away to BoB map only when its released.

Can you add more maps to map rotation? I doubt anyone ever complained that TAW was too long :biggrin:

• Like 2

At this stage it is difficult to make new maps. It is possible that we will make a new map of Kuban with the Kerch Peninsula. But not in the upcoming campaign.

About add a new map.... maybe is posible repeat last 8 map, and simply change planetset avaliable?

Any change planned on  TAWmechanics for next edition? 

thx

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 2/JG26_BadUncleSam said:

For the first time, the K4 Germans are much more effective than the Allies, so we will not let them. And P-47 is not a UFO?  😄 😄 😄

First time?

Axis enjoy uninterrupted superiority from first map all the way map 7, where allies get La-5FN and can at least somewhat compete in sub 3000m range. 

The A-8 is just more heavily armed A-5, but G-14 is more than match for Spit 9 and P-47.  Adding K4 without Typhoon or P-51 is just asking for no one to fly allied during that time. 

Remember, everyone, how fun map 2 was when F4's were seal clubbing I-16? 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

First time?

Axis enjoy uninterrupted superiority from first map all the way map 7, where allies get La-5FN and can at least somewhat compete in sub 3000m range. 

The A-8 is just more heavily armed A-5, but G-14 is more than match for Spit 9 and P-47.  Adding K4 without Typhoon or P-51 is just asking for no one to fly allied during that time. 

Please do not assume! Define the superiority not in fancy papers and of course not how it should be in real life, but in game. I have said many times planes are flown by pilots, so there is no uninterrupted superiority only behaviour of flying. IT IS A GAME! It has nothing to do with reality. It simulates up to a point the possibility that it could have been like that. 

Probably it is my fault that the old things came again forward. My point with the K4 was to see all the planes in the map.

We all read and we all have our points of view. You can find thousand videos on you tube, books to read but nothing that explains the situation as it was. You don't know the condition that there were filmed or for what purpose they were published. You can assume or even accept without questioning the motives. Do not forget, history always will be written by the winners and the more far away you stand from the actual event, the more small changes the will be added.  

Now how easy for some of us to lead the conversation to personal believes is unbelievable and it is surprises me a lot. 

I think that there is no place in this section to discuss about superiority of planes when we all know the flaws of the game.

I am really waiting for the next TAW as I'm enjoying a lot to fly and I like much more to meet in air with this very big and wonderful community independently of the outcome of a dogfight or the TAW itself. 

tnx @Daedalos

PS.  I remember back in the early days of BoS when then DEVS where advertising about that superiority that many of you like to describe and that everybody has to accepted as it is. I am flying simulators, starting back from AMIGA and I only have to say the effort to redefine the word superiority that has been done to this simulator is not to be found elsewhere in the world of flying simulators. It is a pity from a point of view, but at the moment it is the only simulator with enough multiplayer game to enjoy, hopefully not for far long.      

• Upvote 2

The big and powerful JG4 will be released this time around
positive side of power play.
We try this time to explore all species, which will lead us to Nirvana to find there salvation.
To make this possible we need the support of
original-original.png
and all Finnish medical men.
Let's go to battle ... "Mola Mola!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

Please do not assume! Define the superiority not in fancy papers and of course not how it should be in real life, but in game.

Axis got bigger bombers, bigger bombs, more ground attacker choices, faster ground attackers, faster low and high altitude machines...

Axis got more players on nearly any given timezone, and they enjoy larger proportional disparity in numbers on low pop timezones when reds have 1-5 pilots and blues have 10-20.

26 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Axis got bigger bombers, bigger bombs, more ground attacker choices, faster ground attackers, faster low and high altitude machines...

Axis got more players on nearly any given timezone, and they enjoy larger proportional disparity in numbers on low pop timezones when reds have 1-5 pilots and blues have 10-20.

I can say only that you are a big proof to what I've noticed before. If you were a little bit more careful you could have notice that the Hosts have made a great effort to balance the bombers. Fly once at blue side and you will see. They are BIG restrictions. 

As for the second point. Many reds lost their interest on flying after map five, when it was understood that they cannot win the war. Until then it was quite balance and actually I must say it kept that way almost till the end. That balance that you are referring to, it may proved otherwise. And I ensure you, there were many times that it was quite unbalanced the other way.

For me it is a very unfortune fact to choose not to warm participate to a campaign till the end because you don't like the outcome. It only shows immaturity. Fight till the end. It's a game and we are trying to have fun.

It really a pity @Siddy to read something like that from you, because you are a great pilot, well informed and in many other posts, you were more adequate expressed. 

Please let us leave it behind. I admit it I was wrong asking something that probably disturbs a lot. Lets try to have fun.

tnx 

@Daedalos

3 hours ago, 2/JG26_BadUncleSam said:

For the first time, the K4 Germans are much more effective than the Allies, so we will not let them. And P-47 is not a UFO?  😄 😄 😄

"For the first time" lolololololololololol ... man you crack me up! lolololololol

Also, hoping to see some LW stackers switching around this time ... There are people/squadrons that have never ... ever switched sides or care about balance. Maybe, just maybe, consider it this time around?

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

TAW should have a "best out of 9" series.  Win 5 and it's TAW over. The remaining maps are halted.

If it's needed to go to MAP #9 to break the 4-4 tie and determine the winner, the MAP #9 should be the LARGEST map available to the BOS series, and the plane/weapon set should be EVERYTHING currently available to each team respectively.  Attrition limits should be increased by 2x and everybody gets +1 of their team's weakest/most obsolete fighter, attacker and bomber, plus +2 of a transport type. All other planes would need to be earned through combat/transport missions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Also, hoping to see some LW stackers switching around this time ... There are people/squadrons that have never ... ever switched sides or care about balance. Maybe, just maybe, consider it this time around?

You cannot force people to flip side by saying things like that.

Probably you are a natural and comfortable with flying for both sides as you are well performing with both types of planes. And this is probably how it should be. Me, unfortunately not. 

In the old il2 and ADW our squadron use to fly mostly blue but many times we flew also Red, usually under other call sign. 

By having now difficulty to find enough time to fly, I found it very difficult for most of us to change sides. It is impossible to assimilate all the variations of LW planes, imagine what will happen if we jump to VVS. It is getting harder with the age 😉.

tnx

@Daedalos

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

"For the first time" lolololololololololol ... man you crack me up! lolololololol

Man, why are you so mean?  

Axis finally got to be competitive with K4 and no one wants to add it to TAW :( 

32 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Man, why are you so mean?  

Axis finally got to be competitive with K4 and no one wants to add it to TAW :( 

Can't wait that this singular statement becomes another trope for you to bring up every time someone comes up with a reasonable statement...

3 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Can't wait that this singular statement becomes another trope for you to bring up every time someone comes up with a reasonable statement...

I cant tell if you are being ironic or serious here.... 

Some blue-only guys who are very active at the forums can be defined with one simple example:  Lagg-3 in TAW.

The 109F4 is faster, climbs like an F-15, accelerates like a rocket, out dives the Lagg and also turns better, it's better in every single aspect performance-wise, also being able to carry 2x20mm gunpods, yes, 3x20mm total on a prime (best) fighter during 41'...but ohhh,  the Lagg-3 can have 23mm...so "ban that OP gun!" (unfortunately TAW admins bent to that demand as well)

Same people who loves easy kills, same people who loves stacking sides and fighting 50-8, same people who calls the P-47 an UFO while asking for the 109K4, etc.

Generally it's funny, sometimes it becomes really annoying.

• Upvote 5