=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Well it was fun and well balanced TAW, thanks for everyone for playing!

S! 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 4

@=LG=Kathon,

For the next TAW campaign will you fix the Kuban map road system? Looks like TAW is using the old Kuban map, and many roads that show up in Mission Builder/TAW map are actually no longer in the game. This makes tank and supply columns not on roads, and much harder to spot. Also IMO, the Kuban map is not very well balanced in terms of AF for both sides. As soon as Red loses Krasnodar, there is a huge gap in the middle of the map that Red doesn't have an AF. It basically dooms Red to lose the map. I would take away Viselky AF and give Red an AF east of Krasnodar somewhere in the middle of map. 

Thank you!

PS. Another good campaign. Wish the teams would be more even especially during US evening time. Thanks to everyone! On to the next one. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Adding Agoy airstrip next to Tuapse on the coast could help.  It has road and rail access to support convoys/trains as well.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 1

This most recent TAW campaign was my first serious foray into MP in 25+ years of combat flight simming. I can safely say that I have never had so much fun with an activity that I am so thoroughly mediocre at. A big thanks to the mod devs for making this event happen. Also, kudos to the participants for making it accessible to us novices, whether it was @DerSheriffmaking a TAW video tutorial or @-IRRE-Menubestof helpfully volunteering to me why my Bf 109F4 had just been downed by a Peshka's rear gunner (speed is life).

I've also gained a new appreciation for the Fw 190A5/U17 ground attack configuration; my survival rate skyrocketed as soon as I was able to drop bombs and scoot back to base at 500+ kph!

I am already looking forward to the next campaign.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LLv44_Damixu said:

Please consider to add some new type of targets to future TAW maps for high altitude bombers.

Maybe add some "mini" depots at each airfield/city where the supply trucks and trains  can launch from.
Destroying those strategically hampers the ability to repair airfields.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 3

Probably this has been one of the most difficult tasks that I have flown to the level of the blue side and how well they have carried their machines, on the other hand to thank the comrades who gave it all in the air, and as not to the squadron = LG = once more that as always they make us feel that we are part of the story, thanks to all of us and see you in the next TAW, prepare ...:russian_ru:

• Like 4

I got engaged and shot down more times in Campaign 15 than any other campaign. Seemed like we were outnumbered 90% of the time, but it probably wasn’t that bad. It was also due to the quality of many BLUE players this campaign. I never got smoked by as many superb fighter Aces as I did this time, to name a few:

F/JG300_Faucon / =PHX=-Geo (twice) / DirtyRotnFlieger  / SCG_Polo  / CN_Asuja  /  Operation_Ivy  / =PHX=-SuperEtendard

And there were several other great players who put holes in my aircraft but didn’t quite get the kill.  It was fun - - - -

Contents: Profanity, Go-Go Extravaganza, Memorable Encounter, Kondor Has Fun with a Couple of FW 190s, Not a Dipshit Award, Kondor Gets Robbed, KIA by Friendly Flak, Big Finish, and What’s Gonna Happen if I Don’t Get More Subscribers.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

I got engaged and shot down more times in Campaign 15 than any other campaign. Seemed like we were outnumbered 90% of the time, but it probably wasn’t that bad. It was also due to the quality of many BLUE players this campaign. I never got smoked by as many superb fighter Aces as I did this time, to name a few:

F/JG300_Faucon / =PHX=-Geo (twice) / DirtyRotnFlieger  / SCG_Polo  / CN_Asuja  /  Operation_Ivy  / =PHX=-SuperEtendard

And there were several other great players who put holes in my aircraft but didn’t quite get the kill.  It was fun - - - -

Contents: Profanity, Go-Go Extravaganza, Memorable Encounter, Kondor Has Fun with a Couple of FW 190s, Not a Dipshit Award, Kondor Gets Robbed, KIA by Friendly Flak, Big Finish, and What’s Gonna Happen if I Don’t Get More Subscribers.

Still the most entertaining BoX youtuber around! Love it brotha!

• Thanks 1

Thx a lot to the team of TAW. It's still to me the best campaign/server to fly. Keep going... I just can't wait for the next one :)

• Like 1

Thanks for a great ride!

Sorry about your airfield, Red ūüėČ

• Like 2

My first TAW ended.

Really enjoyed...Thanks to the LG to have made such great campaign !!

Hope to see you all soon.

• Upvote 1

Yes!

Thx to All people  made TAW possible.

Congrats to blue side for Victory.  Espectacular scoring  7:1. Seems like reds are the  worst  :)

I hope some things will be tuned on TAW for next editions.

Bravo Ice!

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Tried to watch at work on lunch break ūüėģ

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

Congrats to blue side for Victory.  Espectacular scoring  7:1. Seems like reds are the  worst  :)

I hope some things will be tuned on TAW for next editions.

Is it possible to tell whether the result is due to imbalance (maps / planeset favor Blue) or players (Blue was able to field more numbers, more organized groups, better skilled pilots) ?

8 minutes ago, Alonzo_ said:

Is it possible to tell whether the result is due to imbalance (maps / planeset favor Blue) or players (Blue was able to field more numbers, more organized groups, better skilled pilots) ?

That will be hard to pin down.

I think its a mix.

Blues got indeed better, developed tactics which actually work instead of copying russian tactics and failing at it.
Larger, better, groups are flying
Some really good induvidual pilots
TAW changed balance towards blues ( paratroopers, airfield damage has a higher impact on aircraft selection)
Blues have often a slight number advantage and sometimes a big one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Hahahaha!!! im your Sub!!! so sorry for Kill you but you are in the middle of way to fame like tanks killer of my friend =PHX=-SuperEtendard :P, Sorry to Kondor too, you are very awesome!!! i hope someday fly toguether with such good pilots and i hope more videos!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

I busted out laughing at just this title screen.  Had tears from laughing by end of video.  Awesome.

• Like 1

Great campaign! Thank you LG team. Donation sent.

Looking forward to flying Luftwaffe next round. Highlights video coming up soon...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alonzo said:

This is just one person's perspective, but I found that the level of cooperation via the in-game chat on the Blue side grew immensely over the course of the campaign. On the first couple of maps my attack and bomb sorties almost always ended with a Red fighter or AAA shooting me down. By the last three maps, on the other hand, the Blue side was coordinating targets and arrival times via chat so that some fighters provided cover and other fighters took out the AAA shortly before the attack planes and bombers arrived. It got to the point that I found the trees to be a bigger threat than enemy fire. On the flip side, I saw quite a bit of evidence of such cooperation from the Red side in the beginning but less as the campaign progressed. I'm not surprised that the last few maps ended so quickly as a result.

Hi, I discovered TAW just before the end of this campaign. I only flew for 65 ' :) ... But it seems very good this system. So, I ask: when does the next begin?

Buzz

11 minutes ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

Hi, I discovered TAW just before the end of this campaign. I only flew for 65 ' :) ... But it seems very good this system. So, I ask: when does the next begin?

Buzz

+1 week

35 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

+1 week

How long will it actually be though? Someone told me it would take at least a month, and I really hope we don't have to wait that long. TAW is so fun

58 minutes ago, SCG_Kalux said:

How long will it actually be though? Someone told me it would take at least a month, and I really hope we don't have to wait that long. TAW is so fun

It is rarly below one month.

Thank you for this campaign. Was fun to fly. Sad that it wasnt running for long. I always enjoy the later maps more. 
The Fw 190s are made for TAW. (i dont think that is a coincidence)

Good fights, at the end however the reds just threw Pe2s on the tanks, hoping that the wrecks might be in the way to the city.
Almost no fighter cover anymore. I think from the point on where the Fw 190 A-3 was available I only shot down like 3 fighters. The rest (~15-20) or so were Pe2s and Il2s.
That was really interesting to notice. Usually it was quite hard to "clear" the fighter cover and finally to be able to push through to the ground attackers. Getting maybe one or two.
But a lot of ground stuff got destroyed before that. After being done with flying I usually opened the forum see insults or some mocking to blue (or red fighter pilots).

Red had not enough(!) good figher pilots this time. This is at least my main observation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sadly I didn't have many time to fly on this campaign, since I just came back flying on il-2 few weeks ago.

But I got a question regarding statistics on TAW, there is something I don't understand, and I would like to understand it in order to be efficient on next campaign.

If we look at losses from each side :
                                            Axis                       VVS
Aircraft losses                  749                        651

Pilots                                 400                         288

Tanks                                 538                        376

Trucks                              1257                      1142

AA                                      509                        597

Anti-tank                            14                          37

We see that Germans lost way more than Russians (except AAs and anti-tank).
So why were the Germans winning so hard? 

14 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Sadly I didn't have many time to fly on this campaign, since I just came back flying on il-2 few weeks ago.

But I got a question regarding statistics on TAW, there is something I don't understand, and I would like to understand it in order to be efficient on next campaign.

If we look at losses from each side :
                                            Axis                       VVS
Aircraft losses                  749                        651

Pilots                                 400                         288

Tanks                                 538                        376

Trucks                              1257                      1142

AA                                      509                        597

Anti-tank                            14                          37

ÔĽŅ
We see that¬†Germans lost way more than Russians (except AAs and anti-tank).ÔĽŅÔĽŅÔĽŅÔĽŅ
So why were the Germans winning so hard?¬†ÔĽŅ

If we assume somewhat equal activity on the anti tank sorties from both aviation, then the fact that  VVS destroyed so many more might be because much more axis tanks were spawned?

Because, if the numbers of spawns were equal, surely, at lease some of them would have manage to capture something. 

Unless, there is issue in how defenses work and some sort of difference in how tank strength are calculated.  

It is hard to say because i don't know the values the TAW script uses.But its obvious that Axis had 10x better industry that made 40 000 Tigers and Panthers and lions oh my... and only lost the war because Fuehrer was so bad at leading :crazy:

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

that was a good campaign ;) thanks to all...:drinks::good:

4 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

Red had not enough(!) good figher pilots this time. This is at least my main observation.

It appeared to me that at peak hours the numbers were fairly balanced, and judging from the map outcomes, Blue consistently outplayed Red during those times - every day - the entire campaign. During U.S. evening prime time, Blue had a numerical advantage more often than not, and fielded a very impressive roster of fighter pilots. We would look at the list and see Sinerox, Geo, DirtyRotnFlieger, Polo, SuperEtendard, etc., and just groan.

I suspect there is a psychological tipping point, when the numerical imbalance hits a point around 2.5:1, where the players on the lesser team drop out or refuse to play when they log on and see the numbers, and players on the team with greater numbers really pile on to take advantage, making it quickly 4:1 or worse.

• Haha 1

There were some strange things, like having this:

TAW_Map1.thumb.jpg.a8c7ed08f54f0586781516d1da61bf44.jpg

(The Axis tanks in the above picture were destroyed, the Soviet tanks were not)

Turn into this:

TAW_Map2.thumb.jpg.94255e4af878e7efc439b3463f074d46.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

There were some strange things, like having this:

(The Axis tanks in the above picture were destroyed, the Soviet tanks were not)

Turn into this:

Without actually knowing it I would say the tanks got repelled by the defense. Lost the dice game at the defenses.

Actually...they got destroyedimage.thumb.png.1c8b1386de6b0cbb8d430402cd3af9ba.png

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh wow, it must have happened at the end of the round and I didn't see it.  Still, the huge gain in territory when the Axis tanks were destroyed was strange.