Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Just now, Norz said:

 

Just LOL.

 

Just one question...Is it really so hard? But nevermind...We all know the answer.

 

Norz,

 

I'm assuming that you like it hard!? But nevermind...We all know the answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Haza said:

 

Norz,

 

I'm assuming that you like it hard!? But nevermind...We all know the answer!

 

Haza,

 

I suppose that you tried to play with 109e7..f4 a long time ago. But as usually...you can try it anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norz said:

 

Haza,

 

I suppose that you tried to play with 109e7..f4 a long time ago. But as usually...you can try it anytime.

 

Norz,

 

No idea what you are going on about!

However, your attempt at humour or lack of it is wasted here, so please move along!

 

I'm guessing as well that by using "but as usually" perhaps implies that English is not your first language so perhaps I'm missing the point as perhaps you can't express yourself correctly and I miss interpreted your comments.

 

Therefore lets stop with the childish comments and play nicely together!

 

Regards as ever!

 

PS I'm not in love with you!  (one for the Yanks)

Edited by Haza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Haza said:

 

Norz,

 

No idea what you are going on about!

However, your attempt at humour or lack of it is wasted here, so please move along!

 

 

 

Sorry... Now i see. You have used it recently... OK, I can give you a hint. Try to use it with with your eyes open.

 

P.S: About the comments. Seems that you are the only person I've seen lately who says (or considers) that 109F4 on the MAP N2 is exactly the right option. It is definitely something that I would describe as "childish behaviour"

 

P.S.2. Do not hesitate to explain what is wrong with my text (you can try to explain it to me in "native" russian for sure). I will appreciate it.

 

Но что то мне подсказывает, что даже наличие гугл переводчика не поможет тебе, потому как это как раз тот случай, когда любые технические средства пасуют. Тут я еще должен написать "с уважением, пиши еще", но, наверно не в этот раз. Если у тебя возникнет желание попрактиковать свой (твой) русский, дружное русское комьюнити дружно попинает тебя в русской ветке. Я думаю, это будет тебе отличным мотиватором и дальше изучать русский язык. Ой, что это я? Ты же даже русский алфавит то и не знаешь..верно?

 

Haza_109.png

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norz said:

 

Sorry... Now i see. You have used it recently... OK, I can give you a hint. Try to use it with the opened eyes.

 

Haza_109.png

 

Norz,

 

I'm less worried about my fighter abilities than I am about my bombing abilities from 6.5 K and missing everything.  However, I now understand what you are trying to say with your broken English sentence structure.  I guess my computer gaming skills are not as good as others and perhaps if the film (movie for the yanks) Pixels becomes a reality we can all depend on you to save us!! LM**O.  That said, my current Air Kills streak is the same as yours (ONLY 1), so I guess your PC sim computer skills like your humour is rather lacking and the World is doomed. 

 

Regards

 

Haza

 

In addition, I notice you have 13 deaths and have lost 57 aircraft, whereas I have 4 deaths and lost 8 aircraft.  I think stats are great!  

 

PS  Regarding your PPS , I had no interest in learning Russian owing to the fact that French, German and Latin were taught at my school.  Russian wasn't deemed to be an important language.  In addition, once again, I've no idea what you are on about regarding the F-4.

 

PPS.  Sorry I forgot to mention that I did learn how to ask for a belt buckle in Russian.  During the 80s, as a kid, we use to drive through East Germany to West Berlin and the Russian guards at Check points Alpha and Bravo would exchange buckles and medals for money and cigarettes.  It was a very difficult language to learn, so well done with your English and stop taking it so personally, as that is the fun of humour!  

 

Regards

 

No love letters though please!

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Haza said:

Regards

..

Regards

 

 

A lot of kind words but you do not mind it.

 

Just skip it.

 

P.S: If you do not worry about your fighter abilities than i do not understand your point at all.

 

Some person said...2xx kills. I asked..is it difficult? The answer is NO. It is easy. Everyone who played AXIS side can confirm it. (I can confirm it also).

 

So, what is your point for all your posts?

41 minutes ago, Haza said:

In addition, I notice you have 13 deaths and have lost 57 aircraft, whereas I have 4 deaths and lost 8 aircraft.  I think stats are great!  

 

 

You are 100% right. I am not satisfied how it is going this round. There are a lot of explanations for that..But i am not sure that you are interested... Right?

 

You said: your real skills are much better ...I suppose that you can build a linear function to predict your losses by the 182 ground kills/35 air kills. If you have here any problem to calculate it, do not hesitate to ask help.

 

41 minutes ago, Haza said:

  In addition, once again, I've no idea what you are on about regarding the F-4.

 

It is exactly about your comment last week when you was shot down and it was not easy for you just to click "Start" again. Instead you wrote some "shit" in the chat.

Edited by Norz
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be easier to do with LW than the  VVS, I agree, but it is by no means Easy as you say. That is just a lame excuse in attempt to disregard someone else's efforts and skill. Some of you are trying to make a point that you have to strap a bomb to your aircraft to be usefull but forget that attrition is also a winning condition. If I were to fly a bomber, I would rather have an effective fighter squadron escort me than some random that dies every 1-2 kills. We just stick to what we do best to help the campaign or perhaps you think having more deaths than GK/AK is better just because you are carrying a bomb? You are also forgetting the most important thing ... to have fun. What if someone does not enjoy flying bombers or multirole in the campaign? What if enjoys just flying fighters even if he sucks at it and is not good at any of the aforementioned things? Well, as long as he is having fun, I'm ok with that because in the end, this is just a game.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norz said:

 

A lot of kind words but you do not mind it.

 

Just skip it.

 

P.S: It you do not worry about your fighter abilities than i do not undestand your point at all.

 

Some person said...2xx kills. I asked..it is difficult? The answer is NO. It is easy. Everyone who played AXIS side can confirm it. (I can confirm it also).

 

So, what is your point for all your posts?

 

You are 100% right. I am not satisfied how it is going this round. There are a lot of explanations for that..But i am not sure that you are interested... Right?

 

It is exactly about your comment last week when you was shot down and it was not easy for you just to click "Start" again. Instead you wrote some "shit" in the chat.

 

Norz,

 

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and your explanation.

 

I'm always interested to know and understand what players do and how to get better at playing this game, so please do not think that I'm not interested, as it is only a game.  Regarding your reference to my comments of "sh*t", this was in response to being Pk'd by a Pe-2 AI gunner, even though I took extra armour, I still believe that the AI gunners are too accurate.  I will take my hat off to being shot down by a real player, but being PK'd by an AI gunner is very frustrating and it is a pity that we can't have real players allowed in other player's aircraft within the TAW server, as that would be fun, although it would perhaps limit the number of player pilots in the server.  

 

As you have noticed it was an F-4, if you cared to take the time, you would see that the following death, also in an F-4, was by another Pe-2 bombing the airfield.  Even though I was once again killed having just re-spawned, no comments were raised in chat as for me it was a good kill.   The game is more than just fighters as it requires both bombers and fighters to win objectives, therefore, my focus is about keeping my virtual life and saving aircraft whilst doing the objectives. One man's sh*t is another man's fertilizer, so perhaps from my comments, things may change, so my virtual sacrifice will not have been in vain

 

Regards

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Might be easier to do with LW than the  VVS, I agree, but it is by no means Easy as you say.

 

OK, now i am ready to hear it...why is it not easy? My experience on TAW and WOL (usual score there was about 500 kills pro month) says that if you are interested in air kills you will get it easily. (For VVS it is also true but only after the MAP No4). 

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is this unecessary public mudslinging about? 

We had an insult and now it's dickmeassuring, get a room you two, this is getting embarrasing.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 minutes ago, Haza said:

The game is more than just fighters as it requires both bombers and fighters to win objectives, therefore, my focus is about keeping my virtual life and saving aircraft whilst doing the objectives. One man's sh*t is another man's fertilizer, so perhaps from my comments, things may change, so my virtual sacrifice will not have been in vain

 

It is just perfect all what you said.

 

But.

 

This round is exactly the same for a planeset as it was before. Everyone knows how it was ended last time. ( I played AXIS side last round).

 

The only one possibility to change it (for red side) for 4 first maps was to play different way that you prefer.

 

Unfortunately it did a wrong result anyway...  I hope that =LG= team will allow a i16 with the 20mm cannons for the map No1 and will remove 109F4 for the map No2. 

 

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Norz said:

Unfortunately it did a wrong result anyway...  I hope that =LG= team will allow a i16 with the 20mm cannons for the map No1 and will remove 109F4 for the map No2. 

 

 

Dear Norz,

 

We talked about that and i think this changes will be in the next edition of TAW.

 

But, its not official ;)

 

High five! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, =LG=Flogger said:

 

Dear Norz,

 

We talked about that and i think this changes will be in the next edition of TAW.

 

But, its not official ;)

 

High five! 

 

I agree, the Russians have absolutely no advantage in the beginning, no doubt the 20mms won't change much, but it will be one more thing that the Russians get to level out the playing field somewhat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

What is this unecessary public mudslinging about? 

We had an insult and now it's dickmeassuring, get a room you two, this is getting embarrasing.

 

I think it’s the most entertaining thing to happen here in a long while.

 

please keep going!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

 

I agree, the Russians have absolutely no advantage in the beginning, no doubt the 20mms won't change much, but it will be one more thing that the Russians get to level out the playing field somewhat.

 

No advantage to reds only in fighters. Also if F-4 gets removed then MiG becomes fastest and best fighter. Perfect balance is impossible.

 

LW bombers otoh are mostly just target practice through the war, while the same isnt exactly true for Pe-2. Especially in first maps where Macchi has light armament and Emil is barely faster than Peshka.

 

Not complaining, just remember the balance(and whether that is even wanted) isnt limited to fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 8:28 PM, =LG=Coldman said:

I think it is connected to last patch. Devs told that they tuned dmg detection. Before patch I had some situation when I was sure I saw I hit plane with 7.7mm I saw spark and debris but on taw log there was no dmg done. Maybe now it's calculated as 0 damage.

 

Thanks for replying Coldman. I think this is going the wrong way. There is no way 7.7mm would not do any dmg to a flying plane. I have recently attacked with my wing man (2 Migs with 20mm guns) a Heinkel 4-5 times. Also a lot of 0.000 dmg. I don't think this is normal any more and i believe there is something wrong with the game dmg counting or dmg registration system. Is this a client-server issue? no idea but definitely something somewhere wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

Also if F-4 gets removed then MiG becomes fastest and best fighter.

 

300px-Heikki_tonniHQ.jpg.5c3c565e5fbf368b0f9df0bf90304578.jpg

 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

There are 3 defs so I quess the one remaining did the job?


I don't think Kathon has ever released the actual math behind this, but for the last several campaigns it's been if a tank column is healthy (above 50%) it will capture an objective if there is only 1 def position left. 

 

But don't worry Norz. Blue will soon run out of tanks :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue was that no one attacked the red tanks. The weather was really bad and there were only few AXIS players... We decided to make some supply missions instead of killing this last defence...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue doesn't need tanks to capture objectives)) My salute to our brave paratroopers and Ju-52 pilots!

 

284737474_ScreenShot2018-10-03at3_13_33PM.png.f5973cc0416ed958a5261d41af48b826.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Norz said:

The issue was that no one attacked the red tanks. The weather was really bad and there were only few AXIS players... We decided to make some supply missions instead of killing this last defence...

 

 

 

Were the tanks attacked in the mission before that one? The tank column existed in mission #201 as well. If it was seriously weakened it might not have got enough new tanks to be strong enough to take the airfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Inkompetent said:

Were the tanks attacked in the mission before that one? The tank column existed in mission #201 as well. If it was seriously weakened it might not have got enough new tanks to be strong enough to take the airfield.

I hit both BLUE tank columns on Map #201 and they were already severely mauled when I got there. Didn't see Map #202, but the remaining tank numbers of either column would have been in the low single digits. I went to bed expecting that neither column would survive to the next map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been mentioned before, but IMO having only one side with the ability to not only capture, but if not successful at capturing, to further damage an enemy airfield (that is >= 50% damaged) without the use of tanks or being exposed to that airfield’s AA/AAA defenses is a major advantage to that one side.

 

I’ve suggested it before, but it would be a more balanced approach if the other side had tha ability to do something similar, such as land a transport bomber (on a road, frozen lake, flat field, etc.) near a (>= 50%) damaged enemy airfield, to “supply partisans” and have the same impact as paratroopers (I.e. further damage the airfield or capture it).

 

This current map (#4) has seen at least three airfields captured by paratroopers, so it certainly has had a significant impact on the potential outcome.

 

Cudo’s and thanks to LG and the admin team for continuing to provide this campaign server, this in no way takes away from the effort you have put forth, just posting an opinion and suggestion :).

 

Edited - changed the A/F damage comments from 60 to 50%, before paratroopers can be used (was going by memory, and obviously I miss-remembered :) )

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, LeLv76_Erkki said:

 

Also if F-4 gets removed then MiG becomes fastest and best fighter.

 

 

No country for shit posters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Admin - Mission Planner Link from Website is KAPUT! Google Chrome is giving security errors too  - please have a look. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey i have a problem, the server is kicking me out every time i drop a bomb or have some kind of interaction with a player wtf

i flew 30 min the area i wanted to bomb and then the server kicked my out seconds after the bomb exploded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

 

 

No country for shit posters

 

It is. Why dont you test yourself? MiG-3 is about 10 km/h faster than F-2 that is using its 30 min combat power even at the deck. On 3 min power they're about equal. Who cares about 1 minute wep. MiG will snipe you anyway if you have to fly straight. With continuous power they are equally fast. Above 6000 m F-2's supercharger gives up and MiG is the better the higher the altitude is. Which one turns better depends on who you ask.

 

Of course the difference is nowhere near as large as between MiG and F-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

 

It is. Why dont you test yourself? MiG-3 is about 10 km/h faster than F-2 that is using its 30 min combat power even at the deck. On 3 min power they're about equal. Who cares about 1 minute wep. MiG will snipe you anyway if you have to fly straight. With continuous power they are equally fast. Above 6000 m F-2's supercharger gives up and MiG is the better the higher the altitude is. Which one turns better depends on who you ask.

 

Of course the difference is nowhere near as large as between MiG and F-4

 

 

And Mig has worse climb, worse wing loading, worse dive speed, worse never never exceed speed, locks up totally in speeds above 580 IAS.

 

You need to be above 6km for it mig to shine, and F-2 just gets to 6km faster. If anything, MiG vs F-2 is the most interesting pairing we had, and even then the general odds are in F-2's favor.

Now it was totally on sided in map#2 because F-4 just shits on everything VVS has up until Yak-1b.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

 

It is. Why dont you test yourself? MiG-3 is about 10 km/h faster than F-2 that is using its 30 min combat power even at the deck.

 

Mig3 is really good. But you are wrong about +10 km/h at 0m and about F2 at 6000m.

Did you test a WINTER or Sommer map? 

 

109f2 Stalingrad Winter, 85% throttle 452 km/h

Mig3 Stalingrad Winter, 100%/100%/100% about 452 km/h (radiators are open 60/30)

 

Maybe we will see Mig3 not only in the first 4 maps. Will be great. They are perfect to patrol AF area.

 

 

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some questions. Please

I think i don´t understand mechanics of capture base.

 

Level damage - >= 51% no?

Drop zone : top secret ... what radius???  i think  is far from base, how many kms ? i never see a flak 88 shooting to ju 52 , sometimes bases are captured whit no red alert.

If paratroopers dont conquer .... paratroopers damage base?

 

Thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

Mig3 is really good. But you are wrong about +10 km/h at 0m and about F2 at 6000m.

Did you test a WINTER or Sommer map? 

 

109f2 Stalingrad Winter, 85% throttle 452 km/h

Mig3 Stalingrad Winter, 100%/100%/100% about 452 km/h (radiators are open 60/30)

 

Maybe we will see Mig3 not only in the first 4 maps. Will be great. They are perfect to patrol AF area.

 

 

 

You need to go the other way with MiG-3 radiators now, oil more closed than water. Oil rads in MiG are large flaps so oil radiator position effects speed a lot more than they do in most other planes. As much or almost as much as water rad. 460 km/h IAS at 5000 m(more if you want to overheat), F-2 achieves the same. They're very equal in 5000-6000 m range.

 

Can blues have Pe-2 for bomber? No? Theres more to plane balance than fighters, but you hang onto them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting this out now and there will be another mostly A20B video at the end of the campaign.

 

Contents:

Moonlight Bikinis, Explosions, Dead Tanks,, A few stellar Luftwaffe players, Lots of Dumbasses, Profanity, New Agent Orange Game Graphics.

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

Can blues have Pe-2 for bomber? No? Theres more to plane balance than fighters, but you hang onto them.

 

 

The Ju-88 is a very good bomber, the Soviet team has to wait very long for the A-20.  There is also the FW-190 and the BF-110, both good bomb delivery platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

Oil rads in MiG are large flaps so oil radiator position effects speed a lot more than they do in most other planes.

 

60/30 means 60 water/30 oil

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

60/30 means 60 water/30 oil

 

You can close oil rad even more in level flight.

 

Re bombers: the key word is survivability. Level bombers are what they are and 110 and especially Ju 87 are very, very vulnerable and fragile to both flak and interceptors. One doesnt even need to worry about the gunners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×