=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

4 minutes ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

I believe this is happening in general as well. We were covering a bridge last night when it disappeared from the map, only for someone to say that he was looking right at it and it was intact.

Also many Axis planes disappeared near that bridge :^) 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Concerning balanced numbers

1534184986_Verhltnis.thumb.PNG.3a9ee1b2a254e93358d7c4ec27a6bcea.PNG

Red's attitude torwards early planset?  "Oooh my I-16 or P40, is so worthless."........ suck less and play. I would love to be in a p40 right now over a stuka, but choices were made this round.

Edited by Banzaii

1 hour ago, Banzaii said:

Red's attitude torwards early planset?  "Oooh my I-16 or P40, is so worthless."........ suck less and play. I would love to be in a p40 right now over a stuka, but choices were made this round.

Someone who has nearly as many deaths as ground objectives destroyed probably shouldn't tell others to "suck less" 🤔

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Someone who has nearly as many deaths as ground objectives destroyed probably shouldn't tell others to "suck less" 🤔

flames-clipart-pi5GqqkiB.jpeg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Concerning balanced numbers

1534184986_Verhltnis.thumb.PNG.3a9ee1b2a254e93358d7c4ec27a6bcea.PNG

the balance is anyway much, much better than many campaigns I remember for the first two maps (which by the way many of them red won...).

On most campaigns the maps without the bos planes were less populated by Reds.

I might be wrong but I dont remeber You complaining about it while flying blue side.

Only complaining that the red plains are biased and due to it the blue side is loosing and not due to blue hartman type gameplay….;)

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Good afternoon, I have such a question. Tell me please, is this option for red pilots, how to return home in most cases after an emergency landing on the territory of the enemy has already been canceled? Or is it just so unlucky for me? I had three emergency landing and in all three cases was captured? There is the impression that under each bush a German soldier is waiting, in order to capture the Soviet pilot in captivity.:russian_ru:

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

the balance is anyway much, much better than many campaigns I remember for the first two maps (which by the way many of them red won...).

On most campaigns the maps without the bos planes were less populated.

It is pretty much the same give or take. I don't quite remember the numbers from last campaign though the squadrons switching each time are unbalanced which is partly a reason for it with the usual higher random player numbers for Blue. Since last campaign, the mechanics changed drastically which only gives us one comparable one really. It looks like it favors steamrolling maps though due to the higher tank spawn rate. While the team with a number disadvantaged was still able to weaken a single tank column in the past, you now have 2-3 of them rolling at you.

25 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

I might be wrong but I dont remeber You complaining about it while flying blue side.

Only complaining that the red plains are biased and due to it the red are winning and not blue hartman type gameplay….

Apparently you get me wrong. I am not complaining about the numbers at all. I actually prefer flying with a numerical disadvantage!. However, doing a laudation about how great the blue team is working together (which btw is true as far as i can tell with most blue players organised in squadrons) without mentioning the numerical advantage is window dressing.

I also don't understand where you get the notion from that i complained that there is a bias for red planes? I think you need to read that particular comment you are probably referring to with greater care. 

4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Also many Axis planes disappeared near that bridge :^) 

That however was due to perfectly valid reasons, as we violenced their boats

41 minutes ago, Klever said:

Good afternoon, I have such a question. Tell me please, is this option for red pilots, how to return home in most cases after an emergency landing on the territory of the enemy has already been canceled? Or is it just so unlucky for me? I had three emergency landing and in all three cases was captured? There is the impression that under each bush a German soldier is waiting, in order to capture the Soviet pilot in captivity.:russian_ru:

I always thought that if a red pilot landed anywhere, his odds of not being captured should be greater than an axis pilots chances.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

I also don't understand where you get the notion from that i complained that there is a bias for red planes? I think you need to read that particular comment you are probably referring to with greater care. 

Thats why I wrote if remember correctly and i mighty be wrong.

As for campaign mechanic, wasn't it changed last campaign so its same for current and previous campaign?

And the team play is much  better to what I've seen 2 campaigns ago when I also was flying blue.

anyway as for blance now its 50 reds to 31 blues and I cant join , its  disconnecting me :( 

(but I dont know why my wife is happy about it)

Edited by Carl_infar

Looks like 31 blue vs 49 red at the moment. Is this the right place to complain about it?

4 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Looks like 31 blue vs 49 red at the moment. Is this the right place to complain about it?

Russian player base has woken up after the weekend? Anyway 3:2 or something like that is ok in my books, when it was 15:1 for blue side it actually made me think about going red...

13 minutes ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

Russian player base has woken up after the weekend? Anyway 3:2 or something like that is ok in my books, when it was 15:1 for blue side it actually made me think about going red...

Well, it isn't really bothering me. But since many are complaining about something, I thought to give it a shot 😉

Posted (edited)

So many people bothering about this. I am just happy to be able to fly in this kind of missions. While it is true that the balance has gone the other way now, we should not worry about it. We are fighting a war and we need to take out objectives, patrol areas and etc. That is the daily win, to make it home after a mission. 

Please, I am not disrespecting any opinion here, I find them all valid. It is good to see such competitivism but don't take this to another level. At the end of the day we are all on the same boat flying the same sim and tomorrow we could be virtual allies or enemies. This is for everyone, for the Reds who don't want to fly because of the numbers and for tor the blues too.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by LF_ManuV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Congrats on adding more 109 F4s the absence of this plane in the early maps was one of the only reasons I played on your server.

At least I had a reason to fly the F2 and the campaign was all the more enjoyable on the Russian side.

What's the next step? G14 on map 3?

That's a terrible choice...

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Spoken in true fashion from someone too good to support the ground war.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Banzaii said:

Spoken in true fashion from someone too good to support the ground war.

If you have nearly as many deaths as ground targets destroyed, you're not doing much to support the ground war either.

10 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Congrats on adding more 109 F4s the absence of this plane in the early maps was one of the only reasons I played on your server.

At least I had a reason to fly the F2 and the campaign was all the more enjoyable on the Russian side.

What's the next step? G14 on map 3?

That's a terrible choice...

You should also complain that the 109s can remove the headrest, because rear vision is so OP! Its a pity that a prominent core group of red flyers from WOL outright scoff at considering to fly on any other server.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Why not +1CM? 

Reveal hidden contents

666.png

5555.png

44444.png

вы сделали сопли на полный аэродром? последний рейс длился 15 минут 

4 hours ago, JaffaCake said:

You should also complain that the 109s can remove the headrest, because rear vision is so OP! Its a pity that a prominent core group of red flyers from WOL outright scoff at considering to fly on any other server.

I'm not only flying red you genius

3 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I'm not only flying red you genius

That was a really bad Counter Argument 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

That was a really bad Counter Argument 

We can agree on that. Not sure what's with the German fanboys who consider anyone whos not agreeing with them a Russian Fanboy.

I mean I played last campaign on the German side and never complained about the lack of very powerful planes, hell I even like flying the E7.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Like 1

Sadly this forum thread is getting worse each day. Instead of constructive criticism we just have a endless train of personal attacks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

On 6/23/2018 at 1:59 PM, =19FAB=Shyrik_VR said:

what [edited] ?? f4 on the second map?

On 6/23/2018 at 3:48 PM, Norz said:

=LG=Kathon,

can you check the planeset ?

2nd map was all the time only with e7, f2, mc202. 109F4 should be not allowed there.

The F-4 is not available at the beginning and it's 0/1 after F-2 0/1 so it takes a while to get this plane. So far the F-4 shot down only 10% of the Allied aircraft, where E-7 shot down almost 50% on the #2 map. Is it really so big advantage for Axis? 

On 6/23/2018 at 10:22 PM, Inkoslav said:

How random are the gunner skills? Do they go all the way from crappy to super, or medium to super, or bad to medium, or...?

Why the change to AK scoring? Is it a technical limitation, or is it just because it is an "unobserved" kill, or...?

And one thing about the planeset: How come the Germans get the 109 F-4 on map #2? The F-2 is superior to the MiG already, and it's not like the P-40 can compete other than in turn radius and dive speed, even against the F-2.

Gunners are: 75% Normal, 25% High

AK scoring: it has worked like that for a long time so it's not really a change, but I wanted to clarify it. There is a problem with kill when a pilot only damage enemy then he lands and start a new  sortie. If the enemy crashes after that it's not possible to update the stats because the attacker has a new sortie and stats from previous sortie had been calculated.

On 6/23/2018 at 11:27 PM, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Just because the F-4 was present doesn't mean that this is a correct way to put it into map 2. 

As it is now you will see as many F4s in the air as F2s which is far from reality because very few units were equipped with them. Of course you can argue that this justifies it putting it on 0/1 but in my opinion this is a slippery slope because it would/should be the case for other aircrafts as well. 

How very few? At the moment only 45 Axis pilots have F-4 out of 638  so it's only 7%.

On 6/25/2018 at 6:24 AM, Inkoslav said:

Not quite sure if the tank spawning system has changed anything since the previous campaigns or if the reds just have been unlucky this campaign, but it feels like too many tanks spawn too fast.

During the first rounds of the campaign, round after round, the blue tanks kept pushing without pause, so there was no reds to stop them. Not when outnumbered more than 2:1 every round. It would be nice if there was a round or two's pause between tank pushes so that the defending side has time to do anything about it, or at least if they keep losing they aren't rolled over in an instant, but get some time for when the team ratios might change enough.

There was a strange bug on the #1 map after mission #3. Axis tanks were attacking axis cities and in the later missions there was a few Allied tanks. I think I have fixed this bug. 

On 6/25/2018 at 9:31 AM, LLv34_adexu said:

Server is very laggy. Yesterday I emptied around 1/3th of my ammunition in to the =FEW=Revolveses I-16 and didn't even get smoke from it. Wing mates saw it too, there was many hits. Too bad didn't record it.

Sometimes DServer.exe jumps into very high (abnormal) utilization without a reason. Normally during the full server time  the utilization is below 60%. So it's probably DServer bug.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:05 AM, Norz said:

@=LG=Kathon

please correct a planeset for the map N2 (109f4 should be excluded). The first map ended just in 48 hours and it is just so bad....

As above.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:16 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

3/1 ratio? When I was on Sunday afternoon and evening it was 45vs35, and later 40vs40.

Thats hardly 3/1. Will get a pic next time. 

When did you play, European morning? 

Even right now it's 14vs14.

You can check history number of players here: http://www.thewetbandits.org/smf/index.php?topic=285.0

On 6/26/2018 at 4:10 AM, StG77_Kondor said:

@=LG=Kathon

Could you please check something out. Mission #21 both Russian tank columns destroyed (tank icons disappeared from map). But on Mission #22, the tanks were back and disabled both the AFs they were attacking. Is this something new that has changed? 

It's a bug (after adding the Axis radio feature). It's been fixed. 

On 6/26/2018 at 6:46 PM, Klever said:

No, you just have a very bad luck probably.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

How very few? At the moment only 45 Axis pilots have F-4 out of 638  so it's only 7%.

How many of those 638 people flew less than 5 sorties?

Why does this logic only apply to the F-4 and not for VVS aircrafts that were also present at the battle of moscow? 

Thank you for your reply

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Why exactly does blue get the F4 on the second map? I get that blue always looses TAW for various reasons but thats not a good way to fix it. You are basically limiting red players (which we know are the less numerous) to I16s, which is arguably the worst fighter performance wise, a p40 if you have it and lets be real, p40 vs f4 is laughable, and a mig3 if youre willing to grind it (which would be fine against the f2). 

So the question is why should the blue team get one of their best aircraft on the second map? If I were flying blue I'd fly nothing else for the whole campaign. 

Cheers, 

Psy 

Edited by =FEW=Psyrion

Had a great time with Coldman, some of the SCG members, and another person, (Forgot his name, sorry!)

But this is what true teamwork is, Thanks for the great time coldman...

utOW2SK.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 6/26/2018 at 12:41 PM, LLv24_Zami said:

Just now it was 16 red vs 46 blue

Posted (edited)

@=LG=Kathon,

at least 4 players do not fly with 109f4...And i suppose there are a lot of these players, not only 4, who ignore 109f4. It is just a wrong decision from the admins to add it to the map N2.

Edited by Norz
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

22 : 4 In server right now.  It seems VVS is going to either quit the campaign entirely or wait until the Yak is available at the start.  Not blaming anyone who does.  Solo fliers are really just fodder for organized packs of 109s.

Edited by CamusB455

image.png.1d6378881ccc2a19475556242c44c9c0.png

This server really needs quorum. Is almost impossible to fly. And now we have to counter f4 in second map.

This is why i prefer to stay in WoL

19 minutes ago, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

image.png.1d6378881ccc2a19475556242c44c9c0.png

This server really needs quorum. Is almost impossible to fly. And now we have to counter f4 in second map.

This is why i prefer to stay in WoL

Quorum doesn't work. And F-4s aren't a probem. Generally speaking. Just pure numbers. Thats all. Tho I am sure it gets better the more Stalingrad planes are coing in. Some russian players have not other games.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DerSheriff said:

Just pure numbers. Thats all.

What does that that even mean?  Do you think that the server got to 22:3 by random chance?

Edited by BraveSirRobin

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

What dors that that even mean?  Do you think that the server got to 22:3 by random chance?

This happened because the last few campaigns have been a curb stomp by the Soviets, and it's speculated that's because most random solo players picking Germany.  So every organized group picked GER.  At the same time, TAW devs went all out in making sure the Luftwaffe had the most advantage possible to even things up, so this campaign won't turn out like the last couple.  The current player proportion is the result.  Things might even out when BoS planes get their chance.  Alot more solo players on the russian side at least.  It's hard to be effective solo, however.

Edited by CamusB455

30 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

Quorum doesn't work. And F-4s aren't a probem. Generally speaking. Just pure numbers. Thats all. Tho I am sure it gets better the more Stalingrad planes are coing in. Some russian players have not other games.

Sorry but i can't agree with you. We flyed Bellum and AFW for years with a lot of fun and less complains, equal numbers is the best way to make people more happy

With that nobody can complain 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CamusB455 said:

This happened because the last few campaigns have been a curb stomp by the Soviets, and it's speculated that's because most random solo players picking Germany.  So every organized group picked GER.  At the same time, TAW devs went all out in making sure the Luftwaffe had the most advantage possible to even things up, so this campaign won't turn out like the last couple.  The current player proportion is the result.  Things might even out when BoS planes get their chance.  Alot more solo players on the russian side at least.  It's hard to be effective solo, however.

You seem to be new here, so you might not know this, but it is common to see a fairly consistent numbers advantage to the German side. It isn't just on this server either. Why this happens, exactly, is up for debate though. And, for what it is worth, giving one side a clear advantage because they keep losing is lame as hell in my opinion. It is especially lame when that same side enjoys the numbers margins they do in the first place and given the fact that the German planes can out perform the competition in most meaningful ways. If the Blue team can't win with better numbers and better equipment there is a problem with that team, not the set up of the game.

To further this discussion, why won't quorum work? It is well and good to hold that opinion but just saying it is bad  and walking away isn't enough. I should think it is obvious that this player number issue is something that needs addressing, unless someone would like to argue that point too?

Edited by Disarray

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

Had a great time with Coldman, some of the SCG members, and another person, (Forgot his name, sorry!)

But this is what true teamwork is, Thanks for the great time coldman...

utOW2SK.jpg

Clip from this flight is on its way. That was spectacular and many thanks to cover guys who keept us super clear from enemy that was lurking on us. Great victory :)

Edited by =L/R=Coldman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

If you have nearly as many deaths as ground targets destroyed, you're not doing much to support the ground war either.

You mean dropping bombs then getting flak's attention from the other four stukas im leading so my wingman make it home.  Stats are a meaningless number unless you look at the context. Stats will always be the bane of these campaigns.

War has much more than stats, been there survived to fly IL2, bonds with the men you fight with, worth more than a +CM.  You should try it.

Edited by Banzaii