=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

maybe you have a lot of packet loss.

That would mean that hits which I make, wouldn't be registered to the other client?

But if others see and or feel hits from their client, is that still me having lot of packet loss?

Really started wonder if you are paid youtuber by 1C 🤔..

Edited by LLv34_adexu

Guys yesderday many blue Squads was flying in biger Numbers and i saw first time a good Teamplay.

Lets play this Way and let us fly and not subscribe 50Letters here.

Widu Ändä and Mola Mola!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday i hit many bunkers on enemy"s defence position with 50kg bombs in my BF-110, and i saw how one by one my bombs hits in each target and burn all bunkers, but when i going to the web to look my stadistics, i only hit one thing!! so whats is the wrong here? in another servers like WoL, my attacks really works and i can see how did count, but in TAW server not, is this a bug? or i need drop heavy bombs?

1 hour ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

Yesterday i hit many bunkers on enemy"s defence position with 50kg bombs in my BF-110, and i saw how one by one my bombs hits in each target and burn all bunkers, but when i going to the web to look my stadistics, i only hit one thing!! so whats is the wrong here? in another servers like WoL, my attacks really works and i can see how did count, but in TAW server not, is this a bug? or i need drop heavy bombs?

For the defensive positions, I don't think the bunkers count for anything. Your main target are the artillery and vehicles at the defensive position. I think you only get points for those things plus flak.

Posted (edited)

Red has been AWOL so far filling WoL up to capacity while TAW has been populated with 30 or less players, what gives?  The one in ten times i fly blue and its completly non historical in a numbers way.

Edited by Banzaii

I don't know what changed for blue, but yesterday was the most coordinated action I have ever seen on the Axis side in TAW.   I was running attackers most of the evening, and I had near constant fighter cover, as well as groups preemptively taking out AA and focusing on objectives.    

It was like playing a different game.   Keep it up, blue! 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Banzaii said:

Red has been AWOL so far filling WoL up to capacity while TAW has been populated with 30 or less players, what gives?

I think Red will pick up once the map rotates to Map #3 and more BOS planes become available. Not everyone thinks it's much fun tickling bombers with bb guns, or chasing enemy fighters by pedaling (see image). At least this was the case for previous campaigns.

pedal-plane.jpg

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Haha 3

This is my favorite time, this and map two, smoking blues in i16s and p40s.  Im not getting the disneyland blue experience, feels like the cheap broke street corner fair.

Just now, =SqSq=switch201 said:

For the defensive positions, I don't think the bunkers count for anything. Your main target are the artillery and vehicles at the defensive position. I think you only get points for those things plus flak.

Thanks for information i wasted my time hitting bunkers...

3 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

Thanks for information i wasted my time hitting bunkers...

No its workink like this:

Bunkers wich are connected with tunnels count to buldings and have to be destroyed. There are some bunkers without tunels and they are cosmetics/fake ones that arent counted as ground kill

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, [JG52t]whitecrow said:

I don't know what changed for blue, but yesterday was the most coordinated action I have ever seen on the Axis side in TAW.   I was running attackers most of the evening, and I had near constant fighter cover, as well as groups preemptively taking out AA and focusing on objectives.    

This always happens Map #1. Red are at a disadvantage in the planeset. It's easy to be coordinated and have umbrella coverage over target when it's 3v1. Let's see what happens when Reds come out to play. 

"Lack of coordination" is not just a Blue problem. 

• Upvote 1

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

Is there a way to correct the axis bias, or are we stuck with it throughout?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

From the manual: It’s possible to register two different accounts: one for Allied and one for Axis. To switch between them please update il2sturmovik.com account to match account on TAW. If you don’t want to update il2sturmovik.com account then you have to change names of your accounts on TAW page.

Steps:

1. Goto https://il2sturmovik.com/account/ and change your game name slightly.
  2. Goto http://taw.stg2.de/login.php?page=register and create a new account with the SAME NAME as the one you just updated to on https://il2sturmovik.com/account/. You can use bogus email, but remember the email address to login to this new account.
  3. ?????
  4. PROFIT

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Thanks 1

Dear admins.

On this map #2, I would like if you can balance the numbers of fighters on red side compare with the blue side.

BF109E7x2 compare with i16x2

BF109F2x1 compare with Mig3 ser24x1

MC.202x1 compare with P40x1

BF109F4x1 compare with ...........maybe you can give us another Mig or a Lagg3.

Thank you for your effort.

Regards,

Necathor

• Like 1

Given that you know about the COOP in the first maps... this is just a farse.

Goodbye P-40 fighter. Cya in map #3 (dont have time today anyway)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Guys yesderday many blue Squads was flying in biger Numbers and i saw first time a good Teamplay.

Lets play this Way and let us fly and not subscribe 50Letters here.

Widu Ändä and Mola Mola!

ok you're right and look happy  ( i was going to say : finally)  so have fun between  blues in training style mission :)

Given that you know about the COOP in the first maps... this is just a farse.

Goodbye P-40 fighter. Cya in map #3 (dont have time today anyway) 

do not sleep too long, Map 3 will probably come very fast too 🤣

Edited by NN_Oscar

Historically the ratio of I-16s to MiG-3 was about the same. VVS were moving away from the I-16, and for the ones in existence the type 28 and 29 were now in production and in active service. I’d say that there should be an extra MiG on the Russian side.

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why the admins/mission creators implement changes without giving out some patch notes beforehand. It would prevent unnecessary changes and snafu situations like we have now. It's mind boggling to me that this plane setup went through any type of "quality control". 

5 hours ago, [JG52t]whitecrow said:

The 3/1 ratio might have helped...

Edited by Operatsiya_Ivy

3/1 ratio? When I was on Sunday afternoon and evening it was 45vs35, and later 40vs40.

Thats hardly 3/1. Will get a pic next time. 

When did you play, European morning? 

Even right now it's 14vs14.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, LLv34_adexu said:

That would mean that hits which I make, wouldn't be registered to the other client?

But if others see and or feel hits from their client, is that still me having lot of packet loss?

Really started wonder if you are paid youtuber by 1C 🤔..

What of that answer gave you that impression.

I honestly don't know how the netcode works in detail. In other games when you have a lot of packet loss or latency it can happen that shots don't count since the server assumes that you "never really shot" or that you didn't hit.
Just google "BF4 TV missile dusting" for that. Since its a good example.

It was just an answer based on my knowledge and the info you provied in your texts.

Paid. Lol I wish.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 1

Sorry too SSsniper on friendly fire . Miss took you for enemy P40 . It's not a common thing with me . 

It's 26-7 right now.  If you're flying German just assume that anything you see is friendly and don't shoot.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It's 26-7 right now.  If you're flying German just assume that anything you see is friendly and don't shoot.

And 0 of them are in TS comms. 

PS: holy fuqq the blues have bad ground attacker etiquette, you wake up AA, and then dont stay to leash it so it will instantly retrain on the attackers 

Instead of not waking up the AA or leashing it once you do, flying attackers for blue sure is fun. 

russian bias.jpg

Aaand back to VVS

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Posted (edited)

@=LG=Kathon

Could you please check something out. Mission #21 both Russian tank columns destroyed (tank icons disappeared from map). But on Mission #22, the tanks were back and disabled both the AFs they were attacking. Is this something new that has changed? 

Edited by StG77_Kondor

10 hours ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

Ive flown alotve red in TAW, they typicslly win it seems, my boys decided to try blue and see if we could make a dent.  Unsure if many native red squads did the same thing.  Only time will tell if blue stays interested. 

1 hour ago, Banzaii said:

Ive flown alotve red in TAW, they typicslly win it seems, my boys decided to try blue and see if we could make a dent.  Unsure if many native red squads did the same thing.  Only time will tell if blue stays interested. 

Perhaps I shall stay put with blue then. 

4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

PS: holy fuqq the blues have bad ground attacker etiquette, you wake up AA, and then dont stay to leash it so it will instantly retrain on the attackers 

Instead of not waking up the AA or leashing it once you do, flying attackers for blue sure is fun. 

(snip)

Aaand back to VVS

Would like to thank everyone in that screenshot for some great battles, as well as a series of unwitting german victims last night. Great fights. 

4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Aaand back to VVS

You sure give up easily, I thought you were going to show the blues how it`s done. Because blue planes are so easy mode against the red ones 😉

Well, see you in the skies!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

its not even nearly as bad on first maps as it was few campaigns ago. I remember taking off very often as one of 3 reds against 40+ blue on first 2 maps. 

This campaign at least during my flying was more or less balanced : like 40 blue agianst 35 red, 15 blue against 13 red...

Blue  are showing very good team work keep it up!

P.S.

at this moment is 7 blues to 14 reds.

anyway when bos aircraft will be avialable it'll be even more balanced

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

3/1 ratio? When I was on Sunday afternoon and evening it was 45vs35, and later 40vs40.

Thats hardly 3/1. Will get a pic next time. 

When did you play, European morning? 

Even right now it's 14vs14.

That's only at peak times mostly due to the limitation system. I am pretty sure the Admins can provide player stats again. 

45 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You sure give up easily, I thought you were going to show the blues how it`s done. Because blue planes are so easy mode against the red ones 😉

Well, see you in the skies!

When the people i tried to fly with categorically refuse to come to TAW ts, i don't really care at this point.  Whole blue team was farmed by 6 randoms in TS.

1 hour ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

Would like to thank everyone in that screenshot for some great battles, as well as a series of unwitting german victims last night. Great fights. 

Yeah, you had awesome teamwork, i joined you the nexst map and got an ACE flying with you 😄  Fun was had.

36 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

When the people i tried to fly with categorically refuse to come to TAW ts, i don't really care at this point.  Whole blue team was farmed by 6 randoms in TS.

Rrright 😀

8 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Hope that's not directed at me mate . ??

On 6/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

this is a sim game. Balance has no place in it. 

if you want to fly alone yes! You can forget about balance.

I think plane set on 2 map is not fair! I think we had to ignore F4 on this map! Only loosers will fly it!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

@=LG=Kathon

Could you please check something out. Mission #21 both Russian tank columns destroyed (tank icons disappeared from map). But on Mission #22, the tanks were back and disabled both the AFs they were attacking. Is this something new that has changed? 

It's been the same with blue tanks. They've kept pushing so fast, usually two columns at the same time, so there was no chance in hell to destroy them. It was a big reason for Russia being steamrolled, aside from the player numbers.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

Do not break your engine before you get hits from 109s next time plz! ;)

5 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Yeah, you had awesome teamwork, i joined you the nexst map and got an ACE flying with you 😄  Fun was had.

Is it possible to switch side middle of the run? If you were registered as Axis.. I think 2 randoms from Axis saw 4 of you at one point. Sneaky move to sneak and prop hang like that ;) 

Asking about side switch, because I thought about it when saw the "balance" of players.

Edited by LLv34_adexu

1 hour ago, Inkoslav said:

It's been the same with blue tanks. They've kept pushing so fast, usually two columns at the same time, so there was no chance in hell to destroy them. It was a big reason for Russia being steamrolled, aside from the player numbers.

There is something like bug. today i attacked russian tank column and it disapear on map but there was a plenty of tanks left so probably tanks arent gone ine reality but only on tactical map. Kathon you should look at this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Inkoslav said:

I assumed it was also happening with Blue tanks but I didn't have an exact mission # for Kathon to look at.

6 minutes ago, =L/R=Coldman said:

There is something like bug. today i attacked russian tank column and it disapear on map but there was a plenty of tanks left so probably tanks arent gone ine reality but only on tactical map. Kathon you should look at this.

Yes, exactly what happened in Mission #21. Eastern Red column attacking Mozhaisk only received ~15% damage but icon disappeared. Then next map it's alive and well and shutting down the AF. But then in Mission #22 the same column was damaged heavily, maybe ~5 tanks or so left, and the icon still remained. So it's not always taking away the icon with just a little damage.

I believe this is happening in general as well. We were covering a bridge last night when it disappeared from the map, only for someone to say that he was looking right at it and it was intact.