Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

32 minutes ago, =LG/Exp=RoccoSiffredi said:

[...]

!
 

 

Thanks for the interesting video. No doubt he is good as well.

 

On a note, just because someone has YT videos doesn't mean he's amazing or knows everything. Yet, they accumulate large fanbases who really believe just that. It's fine though, there is a lot of entertaining footage on YT. My favourite videomaker is Mr.X, who's an amazing gunner, and yet I outfought him on TAW last campaign over Kuban. He still managed to run and turn it into a draw, and it was one of the most amazing duels I had. Even more so afterwards when I saw the damage indications in the sortie feed. My biggest respect to the guy. Watching footage is very selective, you can pull out some amazing footage of even a bad day. Anyway, as Riksen said - it is most important to enjoy the time ;)

 

And that's what we all should be doing now. TAW is around the corner and people are hardly holding their already wild horses. A few friendly shots in the forums keep the tension alive. All good😁 

 

TAW very soon!

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Don't worry Furt.

 

Where there is debate, there is life, and there is progress.

 

If there was none, that might be discouraging. Anyway, SCG's leadership has decided to switch strategies for this campaign and go ahead to fly attackers, escorts, and tightly knit to the strategical victory. If others want to remain at 6km, they are free to do so. After some initial testing, we are convinced that this makes the simulation much more interesting (and fun) as well. Check your PM! 😃

 

 

Now i might come fly with you :^) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Jason's recent answer in the thread about the Po-2, I thought about its use in TAW. 

 

It's coming and looks awesome! You'll see it soon. Not to worry.

 

Jason

 

2 scenario's have sprung to my mind: 

A) the release of the Po-2 comes together with specific missions it can perform in multiplayer* (arty spotting, searching for bailed-out crew behind enemy lines,... and plenty of other stuff). Then I'd much like those implemented in some way in TAW (obviously)

B) the release of the Po-2 doesn't come with specific mission types in multiplayer*.

 

 

The question arising from scenario B would be  "how can the Po-2 be integrated into the TAW campaign as a fun, interactive and meaningful way?". Fun and interactive go hand in hand I'd say, else very very few people would fly it. Meaningful ofcourse, else people would fly it to have fun but it would be completely useless and be a dead weight to their team. The only thing/suggestion I thought of would be "a Po-2 takes off from damaged airfield to a non-damaged one, mimicking an ambulance Po-2 taking wounded personnel from the front to the back. This would count as a supply mission repairing the damaged airfield".

 

 

 

* I presume that when the Po-2 comes out, 1CGS will also release some type of Single Player missions especially designed for the Po-2. like night bombing, or arty spotting, or some close air recon on tactical level,  but these will maybe not be implemented in multiplayer environment

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only drama with public TS on TAW is that just as I start giving an IP to target briefing or some other vital piece of information some fighter dude always jumps in with something like:

“WHOAH MAN! I’M SO F%#KING STONED RIGHT NOW! THESE TRACERS COMING UP AT ME LOOK INSANE IN VR, MAN! HEY WHERE IS EVERYONE?! WHY CAN’T I SEE MY GPS ICON!? SHIT I JUST SPILLED MY BEER AND PISSED IN MY PANTS A LITTLE -HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEXT SEASON OF ‘GAME OF THRONES’ STARTS?! YAHOO!!!”

 

😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darbzy said:

The only drama with public TS on TAW is that just as I start giving an IP to target briefing or some other vital piece of information some fighter dude always jumps in with something like:

“WHOAH MAN! I’M SO F%#KING STONED RIGHT NOW! THESE TRACERS COMING UP AT ME LOOK INSANE IN VR, MAN! HEY WHERE IS EVERYONE?! WHY CAN’T I SEE MY GPS ICON!? SHIT I JUST SPILLED MY BEER AND PISSED IN MY PANTS A LITTLE -HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEXT SEASON OF ‘GAME OF THRONES’ STARTS?! YAHOO!!!”

 

😂

 

I thought you forgave me for that one Darbz...................... 

 

Humble Hoss

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darbzy said:

The only drama with public TS on TAW is that just as I start giving an IP to target briefing or some other vital piece of information some fighter dude always jumps in with something like:

“WHOAH MAN! I’M SO F%#KING STONED RIGHT NOW! THESE TRACERS COMING UP AT ME LOOK INSANE IN VR, MAN! HEY WHERE IS EVERYONE?! WHY CAN’T I SEE MY GPS ICON!? SHIT I JUST SPILLED MY BEER AND PISSED IN MY PANTS A LITTLE -HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEXT SEASON OF ‘GAME OF THRONES’ STARTS?! YAHOO!!!”

 

😂

 

Seriously though, when does the next season of GoT start ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

With Jason's recent answer in the thread about the Po-2, I thought about its use in TAW. 

 

It's coming and looks awesome! You'll see it soon. Not to worry.

 

Jason

 

2 scenario's have sprung to my mind: 

A) the release of the Po-2 comes together with specific missions it can perform in multiplayer* (arty spotting, searching for bailed-out crew behind enemy lines,... and plenty of other stuff). Then I'd much like those implemented in some way in TAW (obviously)

B) the release of the Po-2 doesn't come with specific mission types in multiplayer*.

 

 

The question arising from scenario B would be  "how can the Po-2 be integrated into the TAW campaign as a fun, interactive and meaningful way?". Fun and interactive go hand in hand I'd say, else very very few people would fly it. Meaningful ofcourse, else people would fly it to have fun but it would be completely useless and be a dead weight to their team. The only thing/suggestion I thought of would be "a Po-2 takes off from damaged airfield to a non-damaged one, mimicking an ambulance Po-2 taking wounded personnel from the front to the back. This would count as a supply mission repairing the damaged airfield".

 

 

 

* I presume that when the Po-2 comes out, 1CGS will also release some type of Single Player missions especially designed for the Po-2. like night bombing, or arty spotting, or some close air recon on tactical level,  but these will maybe not be implemented in multiplayer environment

 

 

 

some time ago TAW team stated that the transport missions will be done by transport aircraft only when the Li2 appears. 

In my opinion when po2 will be released (which will be way earlier than Li2) the transport missions should be done by Ju52 and po2 only.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Carl_infar said:

 

some time ago TAW team stated that the transport missions will be done by transport aircraft only when the Li2 appears. 

In my opinion when po2 will be released (which will be way earlier than Li2) the transport missions should be done by Ju52 and po2 only.

 

 

 

I disagree, its not like you would expect PO2's to be able to ferry anything close to the cargo capacity of a JU52.

JU52's currently get about twice as much % repair, as other transports. It's an incentive to fly this slow bird, over lets say a ju88 transport. Po2 is also going to be slow, and while transport missions for it may have a place, it should be at a vastly reduced % level to reflect it's tiny cargo capacity.

Edited by =FEW=Herne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, =FEW=Herne said:

 

I disagree, its not like you would expect PO2's to be able to ferry anything close to the cargo capacity of a JU52.

JU52's currently get about twice as much % repair, as other transports. It's an incentive to fly this slow bird, other lets say a ju88 transport. Po2 is also going to be slow, and while transport missions for it may have a place, it should be at a vastly reduced % level to reflect it's tiny cargo capacity.

I'm wondering how to make the arty strike happen.

Maybe a recon mission by Po2 and ask for a arty strike after spotted the targets.

But how to tell the targets' postion to those AI arty? Maybe these idea can become real after the marshall system released.

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =FEW=Herne said:

 

I disagree, its not like you would expect PO2's to be able to ferry anything close to the cargo capacity of a JU52.

JU52's currently get about twice as much % repair, as other transports. It's an incentive to fly this slow bird, over lets say a ju88 transport. Po2 is also going to be slow, and while transport missions for it may have a place, it should be at a vastly reduced % level to reflect it's tiny cargo capacity.


But when the incentive is to get more combat missions...why supply the same amount in the end as two 88's but only get 1 CM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, a Ju52 run should give +2CM, as it takes twice as long to start and fly to the  supplied airfield. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, =FEW=Herne said:

 

I disagree, its not like you would expect PO2's to be able to ferry anything close to the cargo capacity of a JU52.

JU52's currently get about twice as much % repair, as other transports. It's an incentive to fly this slow bird, over lets say a ju88 transport. Po2 is also going to be slow, and while transport missions for it may have a place, it should be at a vastly reduced % level to reflect it's tiny cargo capacity.

 

What Ju52 or PO2 can lift in real life is totally irrelevant as for TAW campaign. 

The flights are to simulate that some key, lost during enemy attack spare parts/people (mechanics, pilots, political officers ;)) are brought in, and which is the most important to make use of the airplanes that normally have almost no place on multiplayer server. (TAW could also consider making the po2 and ju52  transport runs as CM+2)

 

the other bigger positive side if only Ju52 and po2 could fly transport missions would be the fact that meybe more people would buy po2/ju52. The succesfull sale of PO2 for sure would make more addon planes possible (cough cough   hurrricane , sb2 cough cough ;))

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We planned to add a new mission for transport aircraft. Medical evacuation. Unfortunately, due to the lack of time and laziness, these types of missions will be available from the next campaign. Personally, I'd rather see Li-2 as a new plane than Po-2 as the first. We also plan to create a more historical plane set. However, there is a small gap in  planes( Yak-1 earlier version for example) If you have any solutions, we will be happy to hear. Now however the plane set will not change much.

Registration will be available in a few days and  I suggest to set a whisper on teamspeak, with friendly teams. 

 

This time =LG= fly on the Bluewaffe side. 

 

 

SS2.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =LG=Padre said:

zip

 

that's exactly how I imagine you guys. Fascinating.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys,

 

Russian-Speaking Squad =19FAB= a.k.a 19th Frontline Aviation Brigade greeting all the pilots that are participating in the pretty nice war on the TAW Server.

We expect the new campaign as lots of us do.

And we will be there @ the RED side. 

Will be glad to meet both Red and Blue teams soon in the air.

Good Luck guys!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCG will be flying Blue side of course, but focusing our efforts on ground attack instead of the glory of Air kills

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

 

While this might be true, Top 5 tank killers and tank killer squadrons are nearly always 100% VVS and thats not simply due to VVS players are better / covering their attackers. Also german tanks are way easier to destroy than russians..

Here's my sophisticated explanation. The vast majority of pilots that WANT to kill tanks fly VVS.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody!

 

i have a question to set on the table! Is it possible to have a quorum as it was in ADW? 

 

This is is not the first time that I notice that, but it is very difficult and frustrating to go to sleep with half of the map won and wake up only to see that two or three pilots during the night have change in favor of the opposite team.

 

thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say hi to every RED soldiers, JG5 will fight for BLUE in this campain, we will try to help pushing the frontline to the east as far as we can.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halcones Rojos will be fighting for the VVS RKKA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

Hi everybody!

 

i have a question to set on the table! Is it possible to have a quorum as it was in ADW? 

 

This is is not the first time that I notice that, but it is very difficult and frustrating to go to sleep with half of the map won and wake up only to see that two or three pilots during the night have change in favor of the opposite team.

 

thanks in advance

Sorry but no. We've had quorum once and this was a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly it could be as simple as scaling the "outcome" based on the average population during the round.

 

I.e. if within 3 hours on average the player count was 42/84, scale all campaign-influencing results 50% - pilots dead gets halved. Tanks destroyed - halved. Tanks moving on the map at half the speed etc.

 

So you'd still get meaningful gameplay at 5 players during the night time - they simply would only influence the campaign slightly, rather than none at all as it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plakat_4145_10.jpg

Red Stars squad on red side, try to call all veterans.

Too use google translater: text on poster: На земле и над землей мы зажмем врага петлёй!

Waiting for new campaing, glad to see all Vpilots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Kamm said:

Here's my sophisticated explanation. The vast majority of pilots that WANT to kill tanks fly VVS.


Chiming in as a tank killer, it is vastly easier to rack up the kills and streak flying VVS vs. OKL. The tanks themselves are weaker, the AA is set up in a way that it has directional weaknesses, whereas Russian tank columns have 360 degree coverage and the legendary toughness of the T-34 compared to even Panzer IVs that can be killed with just a few 23mm shells. 

I don't for one second expect to achieve the score or streak that I had in the previous campaign as VVS when  I fly OKL in the upcoming campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:


Chiming in as a tank killer, it is vastly easier to rack up the kills and streak flying VVS vs. OKL. The tanks themselves are weaker, the AA is set up in a way that it has directional weaknesses, whereas Russian tank columns have 360 degree coverage and the legendary toughness of the T-34 compared to even Panzer IVs that can be killed with just a few 23mm shells. 

I don't for one second expect to achieve the score or streak that I had in the previous campaign as VVS when  I fly OKL in the upcoming campaign.

 

But don't you know? Blue players simply don't want to kill tanks...they don't want to win 🙄

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:


Chiming in as a tank killer, it is vastly easier to rack up the kills and streak flying VVS vs. OKL. The tanks themselves are weaker, the AA is set up in a way that it has directional weaknesses, whereas Russian tank columns have 360 degree coverage and the legendary toughness of the T-34 compared to even Panzer IVs that can be killed with just a few 23mm shells. 

I don't for one second expect to achieve the score or streak that I had in the previous campaign as VVS when  I fly OKL in the upcoming campaign.

I'm not sure how to compare one sides column to the other. The German tanks are not super hard to kill, but all their medium tanks require the same amount of effort. Russian columns have bt7 tanks that can be killed in one shot, t34 tanks that can be two shot, and KV tanks that require a lot of work. However, at least on the Moscow maps, it seems Russian columns consist mostly of bt7 tanks. Flak aside, effort required to destroy a column on either side seems comparable. Even so, the IL2 is a clear advantage for the Russian team.

 

In my experience on TAW, with stationary columns, and if I am perfect in my runs, I get the following kill counts.

Hs. 129 (MK 103 AP): 5x T34 tanks

Ju 87 (BK 3.7cm AP): 12x bt7 tanks, or 6x T34 tanks, or 2x KV1 tanks

IL2 1941/42 (23mm AP & 6x 100kg): 11x German medium tanks (stug III, panzer III & IV, etc.)

 

Again, these are perfect runs on a static column. For me, it is clear that Germany can can compete in tank busting, but Russia has the real advantage.

I wonder, has anyone else gotten similar results?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Coming from a blue player...The other question is whether a perfect balance is even what the goal should be. Germany lost all three of these battles in real life. Personally I like the situation and difficulty to lean towards history. We are playing a simulation after all. Destroying some of the Russian tanks was probably a difficult task in world war 2 as well.

If we wanted to make things perfectly balanced we could all fly 109s on both sides and shoot at generic "tanks' that are the same for both sides... doesn't sound like much fun does it? I enjoy any challenge, perceived or real. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, =SqSq=Civilprotection said:

I'm not sure how to compare one sides column to the other. The German tanks are not super hard to kill, but all their medium tanks require the same amount of effort. Russian columns have bt7 tanks that can be killed in one shot, t34 tanks that can be two shot, and KV tanks that require a lot of work. However, at least on the Moscow maps, it seems Russian columns consist mostly of bt7 tanks. Flak aside, effort required to destroy a column on either side seems comparable. Even so, the IL2 is a clear advantage for the Russian team.

 

In my experience on TAW, with stationary columns, and if I am perfect in my runs, I get the following kill counts.

Hs. 129 (MK 103 AP): 5x T34 tanks

Ju 87 (BK 3.7cm AP): 12x bt7 tanks, or 6x T34 tanks, or 2x KV1 tanks

IL2 1941/42 (23mm AP & 6x 100kg): 11x German medium tanks (stug III, panzer III & IV, etc.)

 

Again, these are perfect runs on a static column. For me, it is clear that Germany can can compete in tank busting, but Russia has the real advantage.

I wonder, has anyone else gotten similar results?


Agreed on most points here :) . 

 

I don't remember exactly how many tanks I've killed in one sortie in a Stuka, but your numbers sound about right.

 

But lets take the hardest tank to kill in a Soviet column = KV1, vs the hardest in a German column, a Panzer IV Ausf. F2 and compare. The Panzer IV goes up as easy as a BT-7 does, just 3-4 good hits of VYa 23mm AP and that's one tank down in one strafing run.  As I've said before many, many, many pages ago :) in the end the survivability of each sides' tank column is really what determines how a map goes. If one side can neutralize the other's tank column before it even gets close enough to spawn the 'attack arty' then you don't even have to worry about your own sides' tanks. And that's how we get so many maps that just end up being attrition wars that  blue loses, for a variety of other reasons.

Edited by StG77_Kondor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 12:01 PM, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

 

 

JG4 goes to..?

Green Side

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Blue for sure

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

JG4 goes to..?

Green Side

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Blue for sure

................. Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New TAW campaign starts on Sunday 24.06.18 European morning.

 

 

Major changes:

  • Cold start turned off,
  • Randomized level of AI gunners,
  • No dedicated “transport planes” on the airfields (it was a temporary work around). To fly transport mission take a bomber (no bombs/rockets and 100% fuel) or Ju-52. It works as before now.
  • Info about defense position level in each sector available in the mission briefing.
  • Info for Axis (radio feature) that their aircraft attacked some Allied targets like convoys, defense position etc. Axis pilots may fly to that sector to protect their aircrafts.
  • Axis u-boats near Allied ship convoy. If not destroyed then u-boats will destroy some Allied ships.  
  • Towns and buildings layers on Moscow maps (Stalingrad maps will be improved later)
  •  Pilot will not score AK if he dies earlier or AK happens during the new sortie (example: pilot damaged enemy aircraft then landed and started a new sortie and then enemy aircraft crashes)

  

 

Registration is open.

 

Good luck!!!

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×