=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

Instead of limiting the plane numbers. Make dead is dead for each map. You can make it the same for bailouts and ditching a plane. You are out for the duration of the map. It will make you protect your virtual life. Also nothing counts unless you land. It will put an end of map bomber attacks and raids. A two  hour map is long enough to take-off bomb a target anywhere on the map and the land. If it is a bigger map extend map time. To clarifies when I say map, I mean mission. This will open the map up for players battling to get in as well.  Lastly why not consider when someone dies or is captured you not only reset their AK and GK streak but  you remove all benefits with CMs the pilot has earned. This would make pilots go to great lengths to stay alive.

When you fly a ground attack mission(especially on TAW with high-level AA AI) , no matter how good you are and how careful you are, you take a risk with the anti-aircraft guns.  There is always an element of chance.  It seems like if you implement this kind of rule, the only people who really benefit are the top-tier 'experten' in their fighters who are supremely careful around enemy fighters and never fly ground attack.  If I could hear a single good dedicated ground attack pilot support this idea and explain to me his reasoning, I would be happy to listen.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Hi ... Shvak ... with your theory, with the attack planes, ... what about the medals that were given to the dead in action? Without people flying on the ground and without bombers, that boring would be the TAW ...

if you do not risk it, nothing is achieved   👍

Trying to survive is my premise   👍 but sooner or later I run into someone who knocks me down (I usually fly bombers and I usually loose at a level of 5000 m more

regards    :drinks:

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

hello

i think too Ju88 should be aviable on Map 1 and loadout schould be historical for Ju88 and Heinkel(without 2500KG SC Bomb)

So iam happy to see Bomber (Heinkels and Ju88) with 1800Kg and 1000kg on the back Airfields and with a limit.(We fly it on Coconut Server,and the Plane is very slow need extrem long too climb too 4k,so the Server run time must be longer.

AAA is in my eyes a big Problem,i hope the Admin can do a bit for that.

The MC. 202 can leave after Map 3,so better u become a 109 faster back.

On Map 1 we should have no special Weapons for the Figthers (I16,Lagg and Mig and Il2,Bf109 Gunpods),lets play a early War-map.

I prefer to fly all Planes on TAW,so Line A or B is not good for me ?

Edited by JG4_Widukind
  • Upvote 2

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

Some lines may have better fighter for the first maps and other line may have better fighters on the latest maps. There are so many variants so we ask you for help.

There aren’t many attackers and bombers types so one common line for them is ok.

It's really bad idea.

I saw it on old ADW. Few reds on beggining ("poor" I-16 against F2), and at the end few blues (G6 against Yak-3 and La-7).

Actuall planeset is fine and no need to change it.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:13 AM, DerSheriff said:

I have to express my doubts as well. I like to switch between Fw 190 and Bf on a regular basis depending what I plan to do. Focussing on Fws would limit my high alt/anti bomber/high cover capabilites and only 109s would mean that I can't use the Fws for low level jabo/bad weather operations.

imho a very bad idea.

+1

Ramm.

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2018 at 4:45 PM, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

Instead of limiting the plane numbers. Make dead is dead for each map. You can make it the same for bailouts and ditching a plane. You are out for the duration of the map. It will make you protect your virtual life. Also nothing counts unless you land. It will put an end of map bomber attacks and raids. A two  hour map is long enough to take-off bomb a target anywhere on the map and the land. If it is a bigger map extend map time. To clarifies when I say map, I mean mission. This will open the map up for players battling to get in as well.  Lastly why not consider when someone dies or is captured you not only reset their AK and GK streak but  you remove all benefits with CMs the pilot has earned. This would make pilots go to great lengths to stay alive.

I would start carry a bomb or a rockets on my Yak just to kill ditched pilots. 

But lets address the real elephant in the room.

How do you get the 7+km cover down to the altitude where it can actually cover, on the Axis side, i mean. 

This phenomena is now reaching ridiculous proportions, when at worst, i saw no less than 14  contrails from uber-Luftwaffe mounts (no doubt manned by blue eyed heroes with ice-flowing-in-their-veins and willpower-like-steel: Knights of the Fatherland)  above blue tanks "covering" them. All while dirty peshkas and ILs were making short work of them, covered by mere 5 inferior Asiatic peasants in LAGG's and yaks (contraptions that arguably don't even deserve to be called an aeroplane, as by all rights they should catch fire and disintegrate if one of the Knights should ever look at them).

After few of them dropped down (and no one totally saw that contrail descending and diving, no sir, total surprise for us) and were dispatched in short order, rest of them just... fucked off and let us have our way with the column...

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

But lets address the real elephant in the room.

Well as long as there are rewards for not dying (like  7.GShAP/Silas said), there will be people flying at 7K looking to preserve their pilot's life. I personally don't have the discipline. 

So this rules out DiD in my humble opinion. BLUE would have to rely on AAA to the work for us.

Well it takes a lot of rounds to bring down an IL-2, Pe-2 and now A-20. So while I am trying to take out RED bombers (...which is hard with sniper AI gunners), RED fighters are having a me for lunch if the gunners don't first.

Same story, RED GATK aircraft are harder to bring down then BLUE GATK aircraft. If I am limited to the # of fighters at my disposal, I am leaving the supply column to defended themselves and I will hover at 7K waiting do bored RED fighters to come up and fight. At least the odds a little more even. 

As for the out come of the map - same as always. With no real incentive for BLUE fighter pilots to risk loosing a precious aircraft to kill bombers - and a kill is a kill, why bother? Thus at that rate, RED will always destroy more tanks/trucks than the BLUE side. QED!

On 5/23/2018 at 10:51 PM, Disarray said:

The only problem with modeling air power taking cities is that it is impossible. No mater how w

Since we are all playing make believe anyway - WTFC! Well is this isn't about both sides having an equal chance of winning a campaign, not a single map.

Edited by JG7_X_Man

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Well as long as there are rewards for not dying (like  7.GShAP/Silas said), there will be people flying at 7K looking to preserve their pilot's life. I personally don't have the discipline. 

So this rules out DiD in my humble opinion. BLUE would have to rely on AAA to the work for us.

Well it takes a lot of rounds to bring down an IL-2, Pe-2 and now A-20. So while I am trying to take out RED bombers (...which is hard with sniper AI gunners), RED fighters are having a me for lunch if the gunners don't first.

Same story, RED GATK aircraft are harder to bring down then BLUE GATK aircraft. If I am limited to the # of fighters at my disposal, I am leaving the supply column to defended themselves and I will hover at 7K waiting do bored RED fighters to come up and fight. At least the odds a little more even. 

As for the out come of the map - same as always. With no real incentive for BLUE fighter pilots to risk loosing a precious aircraft to kill bombers - and a kill is a kill, why bother? Thus at that rate, RED will always destroy more tanks/trucks than the BLUE side. QED!

Since we are all playing make believe anyway - WTFC! Well is this isn't about both sides having an equal chance of winning a campaign, not a single map.

But Siddy is talking about Axis covering their OWN ground attackers, not killing enemy ground attackers.  There is a 'cultural' difference between the sides here.  The VVS fighter pilots generally fly aggressively at a reasonable altitude to protect us and I am endlessly grateful.  A large proportion of the Axis fighter pilots refuse to do the same to protect their comrades, and they pay for it as a team.  The fact that he only mentioned protecting your own guys and you didn't speak to that at all is revealing of that cultural divide.

I disagree with the idea of creating a server environment where any simulation of our efforts as part of a bigger picture is removed.  Desiring total realism in plane sets and then wanting airplanes to be able to capture cities on their own without any representation of ground forces is dissonant.  Regardless, a large part of the spirit of the campaign would be removed and we'd be a few steps closer to Berloga.  I can only speak for myself, but I will not to be a sacrificial lamb in such a context.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 3

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

Instead of limiting the plane numbers. Make dead is dead for each map. 

Ive no idea about the answer but I'm sure its not this. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

BLUE would have to rely on AAA to the work for us.

You hit the nail right there. That should force the blue to come down, if the AAA was reduce a little bit :coffee:

Edited by ATAG_dB

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

You hit the nail right there. That should force the blue to come down, if the AAA was reduce a little bit :coffee:

so to say it short:

- i don't care about the mission objectives of my team and what happens to my team ground attackers (and i just dont know why the reds always win, it must be that red bias)

- I don't have to learn the strenghts and weaknesses of both  enemy and my machines so I can play to my strenghts and enemy weaknesses, beacuse my flying is perfect

- I'm perfect and refuse to try to learn any new tactics and improve my flying

- the aaa gets me every time when i'm diving alone, straight into the barells of the guns, so thers something wrong with aaa because my attack pattern is perfect and I dont have to change it

- I'm sitting on bombers six and that sniper gunners are hitting me every time - ther's something wrong with gunners , because my attack pattern like always is perfect

- the whole world is biased and should change, because i'm perfect and dont have to learn anything new

- its always that red biased machines and not the man

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I take it as you didn't get the ironic point of my post Carl ;)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

I take it as you didn't get the ironic point of my post Carl ;)

I got it that's why I quoted it as support to mine  (mine post was not a reply to yours)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/23/2018 at 6:18 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

Cold engine will be turn off.

I don’t want you to turn it off. It,s pretty cool and realistic. Also you have time to think about your next flight! And more pilots use runway while heating!!! Do not turn it off plz.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

I don’t want you to turn it off. It,s pretty cool and realistic. Also you have time to think about your next flight! And more pilots use runway while heating!!! Do not turn it off plz.

May I ask you what make you think it's realistic? If you want to have time to think about your next flight how about you just wait before spawning. 

20 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

When you fly a ground attack mission(especially on TAW with high-level AA AI) , no matter how good you are and how careful you are, you take a risk with the anti-aircraft guns.  There is always an element of chance. 

There are no risks if you know how to do it. We always attacked aaa first to give chances for single attackers to be alive, because I saw a lot of them who diving on target and has been killed. Crazy people.

35 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

May I ask you what make you think it's realistic? If you want to have time to think about your next flight how about you just wait before spawning. 

Because I never will use runway if my engine is hot! It’s not needed then. And cold engine is a cherry of this server. Some green pilots can’t use planes and beginning asking how and what to do. Next time they will fly alone and die. A lot of benefits of cold start. I think we should vote for this.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

Because I never will use runway if my engine is hot! It’s not needed then. And cold engine is a cherry of this server. Some green pilots can’t use planes and beginning asking how and what to do. Next time they will fly alone and die. A lot of benefits of cold start. I think we should vote for this.

Also vouching fields will be more difficult with hot engines.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

There are no risks if you know how to do it. We always attacked aaa first to give chances for single attackers to be alive, because I saw a lot of them who diving on target and has been killed. Crazy people.

LOL You make my day 

Edited by ATAG_dB

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

But Siddy is talking about Axis covering their OWN ground attackers, not killing enemy ground attackers.  There is a 'cultural' difference between the sides here.  The VVS fighter pilots generally fly aggressively at a reasonable altitude to protect us and I am endlessly grateful.  A large proportion of the Axis fighter pilots refuse to do the same to protect their comrades, and they pay for it as a team. 

Are you kidding?

P.S. Seems that only a player who doesn't play both sides can make these conclusions.

Edited by Norz

9 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

LOL You make my day 

I’m glad for u)) but 1-2 minutes is good to cold your mind after death for example. Or you will never spawn on cold plane while vouching.

Des, what is realistic about cold starts? Would you have me believe that the pilots would go to the briefing for the mission, get their target info and all that, walk over to their plane and only then would the preparations for starting it up for the mission be undertaken? You mean that in war time they had all this extra fuel and, more importantly, time to waste letting an engine start cold? What do you think the ground crews did all day? Play cards or swap stories about he girls back home?

If you have a problem not using the runway, there are better ways to fix the problem. Like using the runway, for example.

I think there is a language barrier here and the choice of "realistic" is the wrong word. Perhaps fun or convenient is what he mean 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

There are people who kill themselves foolishly, yes.  But there are only no(very little) risks once you've spent a lot of time to figure out how to game the system.  That is natural in any game after a while.

5 hours ago, Norz said:

Are you kidding?

P.S. Seems that only a player who doesn't play both sides can make these conclusions.

I flew a campaign as Axis on TAW something like 4 campaigns ago, and I've flown Axis previously on Random Expert.  This is a problem that has existed ever since I started flying BOS online in early access. 

EDIT: There was a great comic someone(Silky maybe) drew on the forums something like three years ago with all the 109s up with the rainbows and clouds and one burning, raging stuka down around the houses with a swarm of yaks.  I wish I could find it.  Some things never change.

EDIT2:  Got it!  It was Silky.

imPJ5iv.jpg?1

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Haha 8

Cold Starts are not realistic! Any Osprey book, pictures and other sources and even real life operations show that machanincs haves the aircraft ready to go by the time the pilots shows up on the flight line. Not sure why we are still having that conversation.

@Carl_infar I know it's hard to not get combative or resort to ridicule to make your point.  Let's try bro!

Everyone has to agree that with the current format, the side that has the better ground attack aircraft will always win the campaign (...not bomber not transport and not even fighter). It has nothing to do with the better pilots either.

However, if the BLUE side were to change tactics and focus on putting airfield out of commission with our He 111s. We might have a fighting chance - someone else has suggested this tactic in the not so distant past. Issue there is that this requires coordination and that is lacking on the BLUE side. Certain squads have there TS channels locked for their use only - so we (BLUE) will never have a full strength to strategist such a feat. Also, the automatic prop pitch and other technological advances modeled in the German aircraft means new pilots will gravitate towards the blue side then slow stick to Russian aircraft as they get more comfortable (...just a hypotheses).

BLUE will always loose if something doesn't change and at this rate - why bother even playing? When RED runs out of BLUE players because no one what's to play for a team that looses all the time, what then?

Take a look at Coconut's Server - it's more balanced to both ground and air attack.

@7.GShAP/Silas - LOL! That sounds about right. There are a few German fighters down below too getting mauled as well.

As long as there is a penalty for losing an aircraft, that behavior will not change. Which is why VEF, VOW, Brllum War, Czeh War were so good. There were no penalty for getting shot down.

Posted (edited)

Shall we start with the subject of chute killing:hunter:......................just kidding:rofl:

giphy.gif

Edited by ATAG_dB

(...) Everyone has to agree that with the current format, the side that has the better ground attack aircraft will always win the campaign (...)

Nope.avi
If I remember correctly Machine Killers guys gave a proof that LW bombers can easily end whole 7 map campaign in very short time.

@Carl_infar I know it's hard to not get combative or resort to ridicule to make your point.  Let's try bro!

Everyone has to agree that with the current format, the side that has the better ground attack aircraft will always win the campaign (...not bomber not transport and not even fighter). It has nothing to do with the better pilots either.

However, if the BLUE side were to change tactics and focus on putting airfield out of commission with our He 111s. We might have a fighting chance - someone else has suggested this tactic in the not so distant past. Issue there is that this requires coordination and that is lacking on the BLUE side. Certain squads have there TS channels locked for their use only - so we (BLUE) will never have a full strength to strategist such a feat. Also, the automatic prop pitch and other technological advances modeled in the German aircraft means new pilots will gravitate towards the blue side then slow stick to Russian aircraft as they get more comfortable (...just a hypotheses).

BLUE will always loose if something doesn't change and at this rate - why bother even playing? When RED runs out of BLUE players because no one what's to play for a team that looses all the time, what then?

Take a look at Coconut's Server - it's more balanced to both ground and air attack.

I most certainly do not have to agree that the better ground attack aircraft will carry the day. They can carry the day, certainly. But if you kill them even the best ground attack plane won't do anything. All this would take is for the 109 jocks to take on a bit of risk. I know this may sound absurd, but war is a risky prospect and the enemy won't just polity roll over and let you kill them, most of the time. If Blue wants to stop the Red ground attack menace all they need do is fly in range of them and shoot them down. An IL2 is tough, this is true, but it has it's vulnerabilities. Study these vulnerabilities and hammer on them and that plane will fold like a thing that folds real good. (I'll give you one for free: The elevator controls are prone to jamming if you shoot bullets at it.) The PE 2 is a notoriously tough nut to crack, but even I can do it and I'm a middling 109 pilot on most days; but I'm not sharing my 'secret' PE2 killing techniques. You'll have to figure that one out yourself.

Now, doing this is going will expose the 109 to enemy fire but that is the nature of the business. Get some friends on comms, you don't need many 1 or 2 will do, and do your best to minimize casualties among your group. This is what Red does and it seems to be working for them. It is tactics, more than equipment that is carrying the day, I think you will find. You are right though, Blue will lose if something doesn't change. But as the phrase goes, "Hate the player, hommie, not the game." You can try emulating success and maybe fail or I guess you could continue circling at 7 km and complaining about losing, that plan seems to be working for you.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

I flew a campaign as Axis on TAW something like 4 campaigns ago, and I've flown Axis previously on Random Expert.  This is a problem that has existed ever since I started flying BOS online in early access. 

EDIT: There was a great comic someone(Silky maybe) drew on the forums something like three years ago with all the 109s up with the rainbows and clouds and one burning, raging stuka down around the houses with a swarm of yaks.  I wish I could find it.  Some things never change.

You can post all you want.

Время виража предельного по тяге у земли: 19.2 с, на скорости 270 км/ч по прибору

Время виража предельного по тяге у земли: 20.3 с, на скорости 270 км/ч по прибору

If you cannot understand that different..there is nothing to discuss.

Edited by Norz

4 minutes ago, Norz said:

You can post all you want.

Время виража предельного по тяге у земли: 19.2 с, на скорости 270 км/ч по прибору

Время виража предельного по тяге у земли: 20.3 с, на скорости 270 км/ч по прибору 

If you cannot understand that different..there are nothing to discuss.

I've forgotten my Cyrillic.  Feel free to show me I'm wrong next campaign.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

I've forgotten my Cyrillic.  Feel free to show me I'm wrong next campaign.

Can you clarify what you mean? Will you fly AXIS and low? R.I.P.

Edited by Norz

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Norz said:

Can you clarify what you mean? You will fly AXIS and low? R.I.P.

If more Axis fly with the attitude in Disarray's post, Axis have no more need to fear than VVS.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

1 hour ago, Disarray said:

But if you kill them even the best ground attack plane won't do anything. All this would take is for the 109 jocks to take on a bit of risk. I know this may sound absurd, but war is a risky prospect and the enemy won't just polity roll over and let you kill them, most of the time. If Blue wants to stop the Red ground attack menace all they need do is fly in range of them and shoot them down. An IL2 is tough, this is true, but it has it's vulnerabilities. Study these vulnerabilities and hammer on them and that plane will fold like a thing that folds real good. (I'll give you one for free: The elevator controls are prone to jamming if you shoot bullets at it.) The PE 2 is a notoriously tough nut to crack, but even I can do it and I'm a middling 109 pilot on most days; but I'm not sharing my 'secret' PE2 killing techniques. You'll have to figure that one out yourself.

Now, doing this is going will expose the 109 to enemy fire but that is the nature of the business. Get some friends on comms, you don't need many 1 or 2 will do, and do your best to minimize casualties among your group. This is what Red does and it seems to be working for them. It is tactics, more than equipment that is carrying the day, I think you will find. You are right though, Blue will lose if something doesn't change. But as the phrase goes, "Hate the player, hommie, not the game." You can try emulating success and maybe fail or I guess you could continue circling at 7 km and complaining about losing, that plan seems to be working for you.

Totally wrong.

Stay high, kill all red fighters. The ground attackers will turn home immediately. DO NOT ATTACK any low IL2, PE2 if the red fighters are around. DO NOT attack the first plane you see. Take a short pause.... look around. These rules are simple and usually work fine.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Norz said:

Totally wrong.

Stay high, kill all red fighters. The ground attackers will turn home immediately. DO NOT ATTACK any low IL2, PE2 if the red fighters are around. DO NOT attack the first plane you see. Take a short pause.... look around. These rules are simple and usually work fine.

Why would I turn home when my friendly fighters are doing their job so I can do mine?  I don't turn home until I am shot at directly, and sometimes not even then.  Flying in this cowardly way is a recipe for losing the campaign.  Luftwaffe fighters do not melt under 2K, where does this bizarre attitude come from? 

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

3 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Why would I turn home when my friendly fighters are doing their job so I can do mine?  I don't turn home until I am shot at directly, and sometimes not even then.  Flying in this cowardly way is a recipe for losing the campaign.  Luftwaffe fighters do not melt under 2K, where does this bizarre attitude come from? 

That explains how you lost your 50 planes.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Norz said:

That explains how you lost your 50 planes.

And you explained how Axis lose every campaign.  I'd rather lose 50 planes.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

And you explained how Axis lose every campaign.  I'd rather lose 50 planes.

EVERY?

Are you sure?

A round before was a draw. Please be not so pathetic...

Edited by Norz
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Norz said:

EVERY?

Are you sure?

55 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Feel free to show me I'm wrong next campaign.

P.S. I think I was only shot down by enemy fighters something like 10 times or less during the latest campaign.  The rest was from AA and my own foolishness.

P.P.S. It was a draw, yes, but it tasted like defeat for the Axis team given the reactions I saw.

P.P.P.S.  You lost 106 planes.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

5 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

P.P.S. It was a draw, yes, but it tasted like defeat for the Axis team given the reactions I saw.

LOL. The axis team almost won. I played the red side and everyone who said that it was not like that just kidding.