Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

IMO is IS the fighters thats is making the difference.


Things I have noticed -

 

1. Russian fighters always seem to have air superiority over the majority of their targets. I have not made a single bombing run (Apart from depots) where I havn't been intercepted.

2. Russian fighters always escort bombers and attackers. I have not attacked an Il2 or Pe2 yet without being immediately pounced on by and i16 or P40.

 

I think the Russians were just playing smarter (Also they destroyed out depots pretty quickly while we did minimal damage to theirs).

Even when Axis had higher numbers, I16's were still able to escort and intercept every flight I've been on.

 

The 87 is a great tank killer, but try flying it anywhere near an objective and you'll be made of Swiss cheese.

 

 

So is it a gunners problem or a Pe2 problem? Seems like most of the complaints are specifically against the Pe2?

 

Why are the Pe2 gunners so much better than others? Is it just down to the amount and their large field of views?

 

The Pe2 gunners especially on PE2 series 35 (which we have now on current maps in TAW) have very narrow field of fire (except pe2 series 87 with turret)- The problem is with wannabe hartmans whose only tactic against the bombers is to sit on target six within 100m and be totally astonished that the gunners hit them...

 

Some time ago someone post stats from WOL where the best def ration against fighters had HE111 -16 the 2nd was PE2 series 87 - both have top 12,7/13mm guns with good fields of fire, range and hitting power so comming close to their 6 is even more deadly than other bombers - just shoot from a distance to get them or make slashing attacks from the sides without breaking the 100m range barrier

 

Generally as i wrote earlier - gunners are generally ineffective UNLESS YOU SIT ON BOMBER 6 OR FLY BY DURING THE ATTACK CLOSE TO THE BOMBER WITHIN THE GUNNERS FIELD OF FIRE. Just shoot from a distance ~300m and You'll be perfectly safe. or make slashing attacks from the sides without comming to close

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 часа назад, Haza сказал:

Admin,

 

Just to say a BIG thank you for your server as I've missed TAW. 

 

However, I will be limiting my game play to when MK.MrX is not in game as he has an amazing ability to find a player even when at 6K, then dive to the deck.

 

 

Regards

 

 

Haza, I think you'll have to apologize...

 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find this to be in very poor taste and to not reflect positively in any way on this pointless e-peen contest. Did someone really make a throw away account just to post this garbage? I haven’t been around in this community very long but the amount of shade throwing is ridiculous for what I assume are mostly adult or at least mature people. Seeing as this is a flight sim.. and not any of the “popular” games these days, I would think we could all find a way to get along in such a small community. My only knowledge about this pilot comes from others complaints and I don’t take them at face value. However, this pettiness does not impress me one bit. Aside from curiously blocking certain technochat tidbits.. I’ve never seen any documented proof of any funny business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i find most interesting about this clip, (apart from the good flying)

is he never once looks at the Temp gauges, lever positions, rad positions etc.

instead relies totally on the technochat, 

Even though people say it gives you no advantage.........really!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JG5_Schuck said:

What i find most interesting about this clip, (apart from the good flying)

is he never once looks at the Temp gauges, lever positions, rad positions etc.

instead relies totally on the technochat, 

Even though people say it gives you no advantage.........really!!!

 

The advantage is minimal. An extra glance at the temps wouldn't have made any difference to any of those engagements.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Haza said:

Not being a map maker, I have no idea how long things take, although I appreciate that it is not as easy as some might think.  That said, I was unable to bomb one of the targets because I was unsure of the orientation of the target and unfortunately I went for an airbase at 6K and was subsequently shot down.  Therefore, with the greatest respect and with cap in hand, may I ask how long that work in progess will take please?

 

Thank you

 

Regards

Hi,

Nothing is easy to do in this campaign - logarithms, mission maps, planeset, suply and tank columns, airfield pictures or other graphic contetnt also. We all are doing what w can, to get it work correctly, without problems, bugs and ofcourse delay. But sometimes one thing need more time to be finished than other, in particular when everyone has a different amount of time.
I can assure you that all pics will be finished asap, day or two.

Cheers!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Techno chat defiantly has its advantages to just using the gauges, but also keeps the server a little bit more accessible for the more casual and less skilled players (ie:me)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Individ said:

Haza, I think you'll have to apologize...

 

 

Nice flying... MrX..

 

Pilots that call you a cheater are usually frustrated and not satisfied to their own learning-curve in this sim. Without a proof they are idiots...

 

Happy landings...

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valse said:

So .... HAZA  where are you? You should apologize. Or you feel comfort with reputation of crying newbie?

 

Judging from his stated location...  I would guess he’s asleep?

 

So, far, that’s two smurf accounts created solely to antagonize a single person on the forums with 1st time posts. Welcome to grade school people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forbidden? Nope and not my call. I’m simply amazed at the effort here over absolutely nothing and which is likely to get this thread locked again. This is Pointless antagonizing between 2 groups of people unrelated to any of the rest of us users. Why don’t you folks take it to PM’s and leave the rest of the adults out of your silly, immature and pointless discussion?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JG5_Schuck said:

What i find most interesting about this clip, (apart from the good flying)

is he never once looks at the Temp gauges, lever positions, rad positions etc.

instead relies totally on the technochat, 

Even though people say it gives you no advantage.........really!!!

 

its your decision to play without warnings. Not the others problem. And you have to check temps regardless. and he does btw. at 8:15. 
its obv. easier. But nothing to complain about. at least not here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without saying that he is 100% a cheater or that he is not, this video doesn't proof anything.

 

Thinking that you would be able to see if cheats/hacks are activated or not judging simply by a video released by the person in question is quite naive. That's the predicament, you simply can't tell unless the devs themselves take a very close look at him. Cheats have become too advance which makes anti-cheat for niche games like BoX very expensive and financially not desirably. How many twitch streamers got found out just because they were stupid and accidentally showed the cheat programm? they were never caught otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

image.png.c984c5f624a500fbeb9a69c33a02d554.png
image.png.fdd4d1a3cb5e8885d26aef0e33fddab7.png

The name has to be exactly the same. Login and change the name

No joy although I've dropped the underscore character at TAW. What is the source of the lower login?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, II./JG77Throweight said:

No joy although I've dropped the underscore character at TAW. What is the source of the lower login?

 

I found the issue. Your name on the forums is written with the capital i "I" while your name in TAW is written with lower case L "l". 

 

BlackHellHound1

 

:salute:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

 

I found the issue. Your name on the forums is written with the capital i "I" while your name in TAW is written with lower case L "l". 

 

BlackHellHound1

 

:salute:

Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

The advantage is minimal. An extra glance at the temps wouldn't have made any difference to any of those engagements.

 

3 hours ago, Wingleader425 said:

The Techno chat defiantly has its advantages to just using the gauges, but also keeps the server a little bit more accessible for the more casual and less skilled players (ie:me)   

 

2 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

its your decision to play without warnings. Not the others problem. And you have to check temps regardless. and he does btw. at 8:15. 
its obv. easier. But nothing to complain about. at least not here.

 

All true guys, i agree with everything you said...... it was just an observation, not a complaint. ;)

 

All looks good to me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen,

 

To close this thread, I think that if you read my post again in the forum, in a nut shell what  I was eluding to was the fact that owing to the ability of MK.MRx to find players (me) in a server that perhaps was not that populated and having flown from the furthest base passing other closer objectives, I will not be playing when he is in game.  I will stand by that and will not play while he is in game, however, I apologise to TAW Admin for my comments that have caused this topic to go off track and detracted from this fantastic server.  

 

That said, I have no interest in watching the video as I have viewed other videos from previous discussions last year involving MK.MRx with him trying to justify his actions and to be honest, I'm sure MK.MRx could make a video of him feeding a pink Unicorn and some would drool and believe it, as seeing it in a video makes it real

 

 

 

Regards

Edited by Haza
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, =LG=Piciu said:

Hi,

Nothing is easy to do in this campaign - logarithms, mission maps, planeset, suply and tank columns, airfield pictures or other graphic contetnt also. We all are doing what w can, to get it work correctly, without problems, bugs and ofcourse delay. But sometimes one thing need more time to be finished than other, in particular when everyone has a different amount of time.
I can assure you that all pics will be finished asap, day or two.

Cheers!

 

=LG=Piciu,

 

I have no real appreciation of what work is involved, however I do appreciate the fact that you guys do this stuff for the enjoyment of others.  I would sooner wait and get the usual quality from you guys rather it being rushed, but was just wondering how long it would be roughly and was not wishing to appear demanding.  However, thank you for that clarification.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Without saying that he is 100% a cheater or that he is not, this video doesn't proof anything.

 

Thinking that you would be able to see if cheats/hacks are activated or not judging simply by a video released by the person in question is quite naive. That's the predicament, you simply can't tell unless the devs themselves take a very close look at him. Cheats have become too advance which makes anti-cheat for niche games like BoX very expensive and financially not desirably. How many twitch streamers got found out just because they were stupid and accidentally showed the cheat programm? they were never caught otherwise.

Please stop that Ivy I was there, on Haza low 4 climbing we could see him trailing flak from the ground I am the other one that shot at him. That guy play good, he outsmart most of us and he is playing since the beginning so he have a ton of experience.

Cheater or not I don't know him, give us a proof I'l be happy the pay the beer. Until then it's just ear says and borderline crusade.

 

I'll got shotdown by him because he was better, on a rare occasion I also kill him, he never go on chat with chat abuse, name calling or cry cheat. You get to a point in sim that you have enough experience to know who you are fighting against, you expect what is there planned and what move they are doing. People are predictable. I suspect MrX have reach that stage way before you and hi start playing BoX.

 

 

o7     

 

o7

Edited by ATAG_dB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admin,

 

I have just realised that your website stats update almost immediately after every sortie.  I haven't noticed this before and always assumed it  updated at the end of each game. 

Nice touch to be able to see how a flight went, even after Supply mission!

 

Regards

Edited by Haza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ATAG_dB said:

Cheater or not I don't know him, give us a proof I'l be happy the pay the beer. Until then it's just ear says and borderline crusade.

 

That's correct and the reason why i haven't brought up his name. I simply stated that his video doesn't proof anything in one way or another and that it is naive to think otherwise. However it is interesting to see how there seem to be only 2 narratives. He is either a cheater or a god.

 

In the end, there will be no end to the discussion. If you think he is a cheater, stop playing when he is around. If not, just keep going. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that Mr.X discussions nobody claimed he is not destructable or anything like that. 

The claim is always that he finds you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haza said:

Admin,

 

I have just realised that your website stats update almost immediately after every sortie.  I haven't noticed this before and always assumed it  updated at the end of each game. 

Nice touch to be able to see how a flight went, even after Supply mission!

 

Regards

Its like that since last campaign :-D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

Its like that since last campaign :-D

 

I didn't get to play the last campaign so missed out on that!

However, having real time stats is just fantastic, as it certainly allows me now to plan better if I need to recover CM points!!!

Thank you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Individ said:

Haza, I think you'll have to apologize...

 

 

Great flying skills, one of the best MiG-3 videos on youtube!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents,

 

I for one am totally over the moon that this video has attracted so much attention and "up-votes" and "likes" from so many players as I'm sure that any video(s) that will attract more players into this sim and even more into the MP area is good for us all in the long term and hopefully will generate greater revenue for Jason's team and hopefully we will get more Great Battles. 

 

However, having said that, it is just a shame that there are a few players who have mentioned this video or continually keep trying to highlight it in this forum, do not actually appear to be currently playing in this latest TAW campaign or indeed appear to have little inter-actions in WOL, which is another very popular MP. 

 

Therefore gents, please do not feel shy, as I'm sure if you are able to mock me in this open forum, although you might be from another forum, I'm sure we would all like to perhaps see you in this latest TAW campaign, as since the latest patch up-dates the game is amazing and the TAW guys just seem to be making the campagins better and better.  That said, we have a lot to thank these guys for and I will certainly be making a donation to TAW and would encourage everybody to do what ever they can to keep this server running. 

 

So please feel free to join us in this fantastic MP server, as it would be really good to see some of you actually in the MP game on a regular bases and perhaps you could wing up with MK.MRx in a big sortie and chase those bombers with him and perhaps make your own videos of shooting me down, how exciting would that be for you, hey!?  However, if you are new and TAW is a little bit too hard-core for you, WOL is another server, although that has GPS enabled.

 

 

Regards and happy hunting!

 

 

 

 

 

13 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Everyone, feast your eyes, rare footage of pre cold engine start take offs. 

 

 

 

Wow, I'm surprised nobody was injured/killed and no aircraft were lost! 

Ideal kite flying weather!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Haza said:

Gents,

 

I for one am totally over the moon that this video has attracted so much attention and "up-votes" and "likes" from so many players as I'm sure that any video(s) that will attract more players into this sim and even more into the MP area is good for us all in the long term and hopefully will generate greater revenue for Jason's team and hopefully we will get more Great Battles. 

 

However, having said that, it is just a shame that there are a few players who have mentioned this video or continually keep trying to highlight it in this forum, do not actually appear to be currently playing in this latest TAW campaign or indeed appear to have little inter-actions in WOL, which is another very popular MP. 

 

Therefore gents, please do not feel shy, as I'm sure if you are able to mock me in this open forum, although you might be from another forum, I'm sure we would all like to perhaps see you in this latest TAW campaign, as since the latest patch up-dates the game is amazing and the TAW guys just seem to be making the campagins better and better.  That said, we have a lot to thank these guys for and I will certainly be making a donation to TAW and would encourage everybody to do what ever they can to keep this server running. 

 

So please feel free to join us in this fantastic MP server, as it would be really good to see some of you actually in the MP game on a regular bases and perhaps you could wing up with MK.MRx in a big sortie and chase those bombers with him and perhaps make your own videos of shooting me down, how exciting would that be for you, hey!?  However, if you are new and TAW is a little bit too hard-core for you, WOL is another server, although that has GPS enabled.

 

 

Regards and happy hunting!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love seeing the high road taken.  😎

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to remind you guys, that personal insults got this thread closed a while back. Thank you Haza for not going down that road. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valse - permanent ban on entry

 

2. This forum is provided by 1C-777 Ltd. as a courtesy and its usage is a privilege and 1C-777 Ltd. reserves the right to ban any member temporarily or permanently for any reason at any time. Any penalties listed below for violations of the rules are guidelines only and forum administration may take additional action if they feel it is warranted. Use of the forum is not connected to usage of the game and access to this forum is not guaranteed to users as a consequence of purchasing the game.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×