Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Ive watched a Yak destroy 3 He-111's in a matter of seconds without taking a hit.

 

All were slashing attacks from the sides. All 3 either on fire or 2 black engines from only 5 or 6 passes.

 

Gunners are fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

Ive watched a Yak destroy 3 He-111's in a matter of seconds without taking a hit.

 

All were slashing attacks from the sides. All 3 either on fire or 2 black engines from only 5 or 6 passes.

 

Gunners are fine.


No, no they aren't^^ They are to fast on target and can do insane things. They are faster than the traverse time of the actual gun. They can predict if a plane is coming through their view in an unhuman manner. Split seconds. They switch guns instantly.
But I am not sure of lowering the AI setting will do anything with the gunners.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

hey guys, not sure if someone else posted the solution to playing the recorded tracks, I posted it on the russian speaking forum but not here before.

Because of this bug, you can't even read the server's description when you click on your record.

New IL-2 version doesn't read the symbol % correctly from the file with the server's description.  And the TAW server's description has lot's of % symbols in it. You can find these files (for each supported language) under the track's folder. All files have the same issue so if you use the English version, update that file with the English description, and so on, you just need to update the file that matches your IL-2 version of the game.

So replace this symbol % with something else (it's just a text file) or completely remove all occurrences of it and you should be fine reading and playing it.

Sorry, with my laptop with no game installed, so don't have a good example, but recently the server Berloga after my notes removed all %s in the description and the records from it work fine now. Until the TAW guys update the description with no %s in it, you can fix it by yourself by updating the file.

One example, for the track in Berloga server, this is the file name with the russian description: berloga.rus 

Enjoy)

This works! Thank You!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi gents,

 

some question to the pe-2 cooldstart problem,

 

1) witch one exactly makes the problem?

2) is there any difference between single and mp coolstart, when you uncheck allways warm engine in quickmission and use starlingrad winter?

3) Do you map everything that is needed to run each engine seperatrly on your controls for the pe-2?

4) What temp shows the instrument at start?

 

regards

 

Little_D

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Happy to report I successfully shot a parachute.  Very cool with the new weather effects.  Amazed at how many airplanes I passed on the way to the target that I never saw, and that never saw me.

Edited by woodrowwilson_pr
addition
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like this is going to be a quick map - it has always been my contention that from a ground war perspective - this is more skewed in favor of Red. This isn't a bias issue - more of an equipment issue and game limitation. The IL-2 and Pe-2 have a much greater weight of fire than a Bf 110 and Ju-87 and better survivability when on target.

 

Also, I think as a combat flight sim - more emphasis of TAW should be on aerial combat and not the ground war.

 

First - If I could suggest lowering the number of tanks, or lowering their skill level or slow their speed so it takes them longer to get to their objective and require more of them to capture an objective.

Second - Maybe lowering the skill level the hyper accurate Pe-2 gunners, hell all gunners at that so more of them can be shot down. ( I heard that was in the works). As it stand now, if AAA doesn't take out the Pe-2, they are about as home free - in most cases. If they Pe-2 was so effective - why bother making fighters at all?:scratch_one-s_head:

Third - This may need more brain storming - but I for one don't like the idea of 90% of the war being fought and won by AI ground units.

 

IMHO here is what I think will solve this (... to a degree). Let the # of bombs on a target in addition to the # of tanks that make it to an objective determined of capture of a city/airfield (Point #1). In addition of lowering the skill level of all gunners, fighters will have a better chance of taking more of them down. This will make it about the air war not ground war (Point #2).

Edited by JG7_X_Man
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they should just remove all the ground attack aircraft and you fighter guys can joust one another in peace?

 

Try flying a campaign, or even just a couple maps, as a dedicated ground attacker and tell me how easy a time you have.  Or how if the AA doesn't get you you're home free with not a care in the world for enemy fighters.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Maybe they should just remove all the ground attack aircraft and you fighter guys can joust one another in peace?

 

I agree with this.  Ground attack is much better on Wings of Liberty.  We should keep TAW for the flybois.  I think we'd see less cold start complaining about pe-2s this way, and the thread may become useful again.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@7.GShAP/Silas and woodrowwilson_pr

 

NO! We need you guys - I am just trying to figure it out! It doesn't help TAW admin when we just say - it's not working without any suggestions on how to help fix it.

 

6 minutes ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

I agree with this.  Ground attack is much better on Wings of Liberty.  We should keep TAW for the flybois.  I think we'd see less cold start complaining about pe-2s this way, and the thread may become useful again.

 

This is another good idea! Let's see what WoL has that the mud movers like and see if it can be incorporated into TAW. Also, let them keep their gunners too (set to novice) LOL. I don't want to kill them too easily.

 

However, I think TAW manual says each may should last 2 weeks - so we are 3 days early - so that may not be so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look friend, last campaign the Axis won the first map in something like 36 hours and the second in not much more.

 

Any issue, if there even is an issue, lies elsewhere than a gunner seat or the idea of TAW as drawing on the full spectrum of the war effort, not just the air war, as a source of depth in the campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Look friend, last campaign the Axis won the first map in something like 36 hours and the second in not much more.

 

Easy on the sarcasm guy - I am not your friend - yet anyway, and with that tone - I don't think I want to be.

 

We are all entitled to your own opinions even if they don't align with yours. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone, feast your eyes, rare footage of pre cold engine start take offs. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

 

Easy on the sarcasm guy - I am not your friend - yet anyway, and with that tone - I don't think I want to be.

 

We are all entitled to your own opinions even if they don't align with yours. 

 

 

There are no opinions in that sentence you quoted.

 

P.S. I meant nothing negative with "friend", just a form of address.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Look friend, last campaign the Axis won the first map in something like 36 hours and the second in not much more.

 

Any issue, if there even is an issue, lies elsewhere than a gunner seat or the idea of TAW as drawing on the full spectrum of the war effort, not just the air war, as a source of depth in the campaigns.

 

 

Last events two maps were lost because of server instability paired with more German tonks. 3 crashes in a row and half of the map was blue without any take offs. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friendly public service announcement.

 

Personal verbal assaults unrelated to constructive debate got this thread locked not long ago for almost a week. I know we're all passionate about this sim... but lets at least pretend we all have to play in the same sandbox.  :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble with track records not working properly.

All track files recorded on the TAW server just appear on the black screen. Recorded on the WoL server is fine, but on the TaW server, it just comes up with a black screen.

 

 

The operating system is Windows 10 64x and the language is Korean. Is this going to be a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Look friend, last campaign the Axis won the first map in something like 36 hours and the second in not much more.

 

Any issue, if there even is an issue, lies elsewhere than a gunner seat or the idea of TAW as drawing on the full spectrum of the war effort, not just the air war, as a source of depth in the campaigns.


To be fair that was a weird one off IMO. A lot of the usual and committed Red flyers just skipped Map 1. Whether due to real life/balance that's obviously open to debate especially on this thread :p. By the end of the 2nd map the team #'s improved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kodam said:

I'm having trouble with track records not working properly.

All track files recorded on the TAW server just appear on the black screen. Recorded on the WoL server is fine, but on the TaW server, it just comes up with a black screen.

 

 

The operating system is Windows 10 64x and the language is Korean. Is this going to be a problem?

 

Hey Kodam, this solution was posted on the previous page:

 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, 72AGs_Obi said:

hey guys, not sure if someone else posted the solution to playing the recorded tracks, I posted it on the russian speaking forum but not here before.

Because of this bug, you can't even read the server's description when you click on your record.

New IL-2 version doesn't read the symbol % correctly from the file with the server's description.  And the TAW server's description has lot's of % symbols in it. You can find these files (for each supported language) under the track's folder. All files have the same issue so if you use the English version, update that file with the English description, and so on, you just need to update the file that matches your IL-2 version of the game.

So replace this symbol % with something else (it's just a text file) or completely remove all occurrences of it and you should be fine reading and playing it.

Sorry, with my laptop with no game installed, so don't have a good example, but recently the server Berloga after my notes removed all %s in the description and the records from it work fine now. Until the TAW guys update the description with no %s in it, you can fix it by yourself by updating the file.

One example, for the track in Berloga server, this is the file name with the russian description: berloga.rus 

Enjoy)

 

 

 

37 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:


To be fair that was a weird one off IMO. A lot of the usual and committed Red flyers just skipped Map 1. Whether due to real life/balance that's obviously open to debate especially on this thread :p. By the end of the 2nd map the team #'s improved. 

 

This is true.  There have been some map blitzes on both Axis and Soviet sides under regular circumstances, though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

 

Hey Kodam, this solution was posted on the previous page:

 

 

 

 

 

This is true.  There have been some map blitzes on both Axis and Soviet sides under regular circumstances, though.

oh, it's work~! thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kodam said:

I'm having trouble with track records not working properly.

All track files recorded on the TAW server just appear on the black screen. Recorded on the WoL server is fine, but on the TaW server, it just comes up with a black screen.

 

 

The operating system is Windows 10 64x and the language is Korean. Is this going to be a problem?

Just read a couple post above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

Just read a couple post above

I've already found a solution in the previous comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kathon, on the new map target pictures from Zubtsov and Dyatlovo with AF/Depots are not available. 

Can you fix it pls?

THX

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Admin,

 

Just to say a BIG thank you for your server as I've missed TAW. 

 

However, I will be limiting my game play to when MK.MrX is not in game as he has an amazing ability to find a player even when at 6K, then dive to the deck.

 

 

Regards

 

 

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Funny you say that..

 

Just yesterday i was honoring Hartmann cruising at 6.5k deep in friendly territory when suddenly i spot an IL-2 on my 6. You guessed correctly, it was our mysterious friend.

 

It is very troublesome that nothing can be done about it in any direction. Apparently there is no proof for the Admins to take action and there is no proof for the playerbase to avert him of any suspicion.

 

As for my own opinion, i and others handle the situation like you. Simply not playing when he is around.

Edited by Operation_Ivy
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Funny you say that..

 

Just yesterday i was honoring Hartmann cruising at 6.5k deep in friendly territory when suddenly i spot an IL-2 on my 6. You guessed correctly, it was our mysterious friend.

 

It is very troublesome that nothing can be done about it in any direction. Apparently there is no proof for the Admins to take action and there is no proof for the playerbase to avert him of any suspicion.

 

I wish you could have recorded that. It's preposterous what the man is getting away with. There comes a point when people need to realise what is happening and read between the lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DerSheriff said:


No, no they aren't^^ They are to fast on target and can do insane things. They are faster than the traverse time of the actual gun. They can predict if a plane is coming through their view in an unhuman manner. Split seconds. They switch guns instantly.
But I am not sure of lowering the AI setting will do anything with the gunners.

Someone tell that to my gunners, they dont hit a damn thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, I have to defend him. I got shot down by him too today, but he is one of the best pilots. What exactly is it that makes you think that he is cheating. Apart from rumors that have been constantly spread by butthurt salties there just isn´t anything to support your claims. Unless there is any proof of him cheating, I think we should be very careful about accusations like that.

If anyone brings up ANY proof, I will be the first one to say "mea culpa" but until then jsut stop it please.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

Someone tell that to my gunners, they dont hit a damn thing!

 

Fly Bf109 against Pe2 flying straight, from any angle, any closing speed. You will see things beyond belief. Especially if you watch the track and switch aircraft view. 

Edited by Mcdaddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Looks like this is going to be a quick map - it has always been my contention that from a ground war perspective - this is more skewed in favor of Red. This isn't a bias issue - more of an equipment issue and game limitation. The IL-2 and Pe-2 have a much greater weight of fire than a Bf 110 and Ju-87 and better survivability when on target.

IMO is IS the fighters thats is making the difference.


Things I have noticed -

 

1. Russian fighters always seem to have air superiority over the majority of their targets. I have not made a single bombing run (Apart from depots) where I havn't been intercepted.

2. Russian fighters always escort bombers and attackers. I have not attacked an Il2 or Pe2 yet without being immediately pounced on by and i16 or P40.

 

I think the Russians were just playing smarter (Also they destroyed out depots pretty quickly while we did minimal damage to theirs).

Even when Axis had higher numbers, I16's were still able to escort and intercept every flight I've been on.

 

The 87 is a great tank killer, but try flying it anywhere near an objective and you'll be made of Swiss cheese.

 

 

9 minutes ago, Mcdaddy said:

 

Fly Bf109 against Pe2 and you will see things beyond belief.

So is it a gunners problem or a Pe2 problem? Seems like most of the complaints are specifically against the Pe2?

 

Why are the Pe2 gunners so much better than others? Is it just down to the amount and their large field of views?

Edited by -DFA-Retrofly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

Someone tell that to my gunners, they dont hit a damn thing!

 

That's the thing. They are completely random mess. Sometimes they are an incarnation of vasili zaitsev and the next time they are a storm trooper.

 

42 minutes ago, =EXPEND=SchwarzeDreizehn said:

Sorry guys, I have to defend him. I got shot down by him too today, but he is one of the best pilots. What exactly is it that makes you think that he is cheating. Apart from rumors that have been constantly spread by butthurt salties there just isn´t anything to support your claims. Unless there is any proof of him cheating, I think we should be very careful about accusations like that.

If anyone brings up ANY proof, I will be the first one to say "mea culpa" but until then jsut stop it please.

 

I wouldn't have called him out in public either because of that and in my previous post i wrote about the predicament of it.

 

Whats makes it even more troublesome is, that he is obviously a good pilot. However there is also a reason why there is so much doubt about this person even from many other good pilots who managed to shoot him down. He isn't unbeatable, he gets shot down quite often too. 

Edited by Operation_Ivy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JG4_Thorwald said:

Kathon, on the new map target pictures from Zubtsov and Dyatlovo with AF/Depots are not available. 

Can you fix it pls?

THX

Pictures are still work in progress, sorry for delay.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr.X comes up every now of then because he seems to know where people are. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haza said:

Admin,

 

Just to say a BIG thank you for your server as I've missed TAW. 

 

However, I will be limiting my game play to when MK.MrX is not in game as he has an amazing ability to find a player even when at 6K, then dive to the deck.

 

 

Regards

 

 

I was there and witness the attack, MrX did noting wrong Hazza, he flew his Mig 3 the way it should be done.   

17 minutes ago, Grim said:

Mr.X comes up every now of then because he seems to know where people are. 
 

Yes people Are predictable ;)

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, ATAG_dB said:

I was there and witness the attack, MrX did noting wrong Hazza, he flew his Mig 3 the way it should be done.   

Yes people Are predictable ;)

 

ATAG_dB,

 

Firstly the name is Haza , so thank you for being that observant in just copying my name, yet you believe that you are observant enough to be able to comment on his actions!

That aside, my observations were regarding him finding contacts, so not sure how you are able to speak with such authority unless you were just following him, but thank you for your input!  

I'm sure MK.MRx, use to play on the ATAG server, didn't he?

 

Regards

Edited by Haza
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Again with the insult. If you want to continue that road, don't hijack the discussion and send me a PM.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATAG_dB said:

 

 

Again with the insult. If you want to continue that road, don't hijack the discussion and send me a PM.

 

 

 

 

 

Where's the insult? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATAG_dB said:

 

 

Again with the insult. If you want to continue that road, don't hijack the discussion and send me a PM.

 

 

 

 

 

Oh ATAG_dB

 

Thankfully this is not your forum, so less of the high and mighty lecture!

I would suggest that the insult was from you, in not getting my name correct in the first place and hence my comments regarding how observant you might be!

However, perhaps if you would like to PM me, as I have no interest in PMing you, as it would appear that you have the issue!

 

Regards

 

 

Just now, =LG=Piciu said:

Pictures are still work in progress, sorry for delay.

 

=LG=Piciu,

 

Not being a map maker, I have no idea how long things take, although I appreciate that it is not as easy as some might think.  That said, I was unable to bomb one of the targets because I was unsure of the orientation of the target and unfortunately I went for an airbase at 6K and was subsequently shot down.  Therefore, with the greatest respect and with cap in hand, may I ask how long that work in progess will take please?

 

Thank you

 

Regards

 

H

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

 

How many ban votes are needed for ban a pilot?

 

Is avaliable Ban on TAW?

 

thx.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×