Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Siema Katon,

 

pośpiech złym doradcą chciałem zmienić nicka na TAW i dołączyć do Ramma w JG700 ale niedoczytalem i zrobiłem nowe konto. No i dupa nie mogę latać na tym nowym i chyba nie umiem wbić na stare żeby tam zmienić. Mógłbyś usunąć wszystko żebym sobie na nowo zrobił porządek albo zostawić tylko JG700?

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=JG700_Benek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Disarray said:

 

It didn't seem to have any effect when I was trying to use the plane on Sunday. I don't get how it could have been too cold to start the plane up. It was 20 deg C. I checked both the mission weather report and the in plane gauges. If that is too cold then the plane is useless in most places at most times of year. Something seems broken with the plane, like the start up script is ending just before the engines turn over fully. What this adds to the fun of the game is utterly lost on me.


"Making things unnecessarily hard means it's realistic" seems to be the mantra here for some weird things unfortunately. The best is the engines are never even at ambient temperature, in the middle of summer, sitting in the hot sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:


"Making things unnecessarily hard means it's realistic" seems to be the mantra here for some weird things unfortunately. The best is the engines are never even at ambient temperature, in the middle of summer, sitting in the hot sun.

 

I agree with you to a point, especially when talking about tech chat. However cold start was supposed to have an effect on the gameplay as well to prevent people from returning to action too quickly after they got taken out. It slowed down the airfield traffic as well, even though they got more busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

 

I agree with you to a point, especially when talking about tech chat. However cold start was supposed to have an effect on the gameplay as well to prevent people from returning to action too quickly after they got taken out. It slowed down the airfield traffic as well, even though they got more busy.

i get why they taw did it. and i dont oppose it IF it works properly. But the problem is it affects literally one aircraft (which is also the transport aircraft) more than all the other aircraft on both sides. for that reason alone i think its pretty silly leaving it in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cold engines can take off, depending on plane, on either full power & pitch or just 'combat power'. It's more of an annoyance for both sides, rather than an actual method of slowing people down. I'd rather people have to taxi out of revetments or actual hangars as a way to slow people down. That would cut down on the 'press E and go'. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

silly cold starts, had to restart Pe2 engines countless times... gonna play somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

i get why they taw did it. and i dont oppose it IF it works properly. But the problem is it affects literally one aircraft (which is also the transport aircraft) more than all the other aircraft on both sides. for that reason alone i think its pretty silly leaving it in

This is doubly important when you consider that this is the only bomber available to the Soviets for some time. The new model of PE 2 isn't available until map 3, and then only in limited numbers. It isn't widely available until map 5 and the A 20 isn't in play until map 6. The Germans already have the bomber edge when everything is working, now they have the only reliable bombers on the server for the next little while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 Today I saw two schoking chute shooting. First an I-16 shot at a german parachute an 2nd a german shoot at me when I was under my umbrella.

 

.....:(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is there was a way to code a parameter where if you take off from the same AF you just landed on, in the same aircraft type, you don't have to cold start again?

Edited by StG77_HvB
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, No_501Secu1 said:

 

 Today I saw two schoking chute shooting. First an I-16 shot at a german parachute an 2nd a german shoot at me when I was under my umbrella.

 

.....:(

 

 

Ah yes, the TAW tradition continues :popcorm:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Is there was a way to code a parameter where if you take off from the same AF you just landed on, in the same aircraft type, you don't have to cold start again?

 

It's global parameter for the all airfields. I will check the issue with Pe-2 and cold start.

 

 

9 hours ago, JG700_Benek said:

Siema Katon,

 

pośpiech złym doradcą chciałem zmienić nicka na TAW i dołączyć do Ramma w JG700 ale niedoczytalem i zrobiłem nowe konto. No i dupa nie mogę latać na tym nowym i chyba nie umiem wbić na stare żeby tam zmienić. Mógłbyś usunąć wszystko żebym sobie na nowo zrobił porządek albo zostawić tylko JG700?

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=JG700_Benek

Widzę, że już sobie poradziłeś.

 

 

19 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Question about Experience:

Not that I am complaining - just trying to understand logic

 

I would have though that my experience should continue to grow until I die or captured, at which point my rank will rest to zero. As long as I am still alive - my rank should not reset after a ditch or bailout in friendly territory.

 LOL we were thinking the same thing!

 

There are minus points for death, capture etc. Check manual.

 

21 hours ago, Geleitzug said:

Had problems with the Login at the TAW page, my password was not accepted; got a new password from the "forget your password" function, but this new one didn't work as well... tried several times without any success - is there something wrong with this function ?

I reset  your password via "forget password" and was able to log in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

Am I supposed to shoot the parachute or the person in it?  I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

To be certain of a kill you should shoot the person. If they're far above ground they can still finish the mission before they die if you shoot the parachute. :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

did a couple Pe-2 supply flights tonight with a friend and it does not help.  My record was engine #1 refusing to start three times in a row.  Really made me wish to be able to fly supplies in any other aircraft.  A bag of groceries in the I-16 maybe.

 

I don't have the early Pe-2 but could it be the same as the A20 problem? Mixture goes to zero?

When you spawn move the mixture control to 100 before you begin the start sequence. 

Edited by DD_Perfesser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a different problem with the early PE-2. The closest I can come to describing it is this: When you are starting up your car and you let the key go just before the starter motor gets the engine itself fully going. It sputters and smokes and almost gets the prop spinning at full idle, then it stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DD_Perfesser said:

 

I don't have the early Pe-2 but could it be the same as the A20 problem? Mixture goes to zero?

When you spawn move the mixture control to 100 before you begin the start sequence. 

 

To elaborate on Disarray's answer, I've tried closing rads and putting RPM and mix to full, and it was no help. So far my only solution is to try 2-3 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been in for 2:54 so far for six Pe-2 sorties, and 54 minutes of that time was starting engines lol - - -

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi gents,

 

What are the bomber AI gunners skill set on?

 

They need to do something about these silly cold starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hey guys, not sure if someone else posted the solution to playing the recorded tracks, I posted it on the russian speaking forum but not here before.

Because of this bug, you can't even read the server's description when you click on your record.

New IL-2 version doesn't read the symbol % correctly from the file with the server's description.  And the TAW server's description has lot's of % symbols in it. You can find these files (for each supported language) under the track's folder. All files have the same issue so if you use the English version, update that file with the English description, and so on, you just need to update the file that matches your IL-2 version of the game.

So replace this symbol % with something else (it's just a text file) or completely remove all occurrences of it and you should be fine reading and playing it.

Sorry, with my laptop with no game installed, so don't have a good example, but recently the server Berloga after my notes removed all %s in the description and the records from it work fine now. Until the TAW guys update the description with no %s in it, you can fix it by yourself by updating the file.

One example, for the track in Berloga server, this is the file name with the russian description: berloga.rus 

Enjoy)

Edited by 72AGs_Obi
more details
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents, 

Although I agree that the cold start perhaps is not accurate for the ambient temps nor helpful for some playing the game, I do believe that not allowing all engines to start immediately can be immersive.  I only raise this point as having watched many youtube videos of WW2 aircraft being started during air shows not all of them start immediatly. Therefore, although it does not address the cold start problem, for me it has added to that feeling of dispare that I'm sure must have occurred IRL, unless the modern starting problems are just user issues.  Failing that I guess all engines should be running as the expectation is that the ground crew might have started it for you before you finished your lunch before you scrambled!?

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

It wouldn't be a problem really, except for the bug with the early model Pe-2.

Its not a bug, its a feature :^) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haza said:

I only raise this point as having watched many youtube videos of WW2 aircraft being started during air shows not all of them start immediatly.

 

The reason why the don’t always start first time at air shows on YouTube is because they are not started and warmed up by the ground crews as they would’ve been during the war. This is because the owners of these rediculously expensive machines quite rightly not wanting to put extra wear and tear on the engines from unnecessary starts, particularly if they are not fitted with aftermarket pre-oilers.

 

If people want realism I say bin the cold engine stuff and look at programming in random system failures every 100 flights or so and/or getting rid of the engine techno chat.

 

Just my 2 cents....

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, 19//Darbzy said:

 

The reason why the don’t always start first time at air shows on YouTube is because they are not started and warmed up by the ground crews as they would’ve been during the war. This is because the owners of these rediculously expensive machines quite rightly not wanting to put extra wear and tear on the engines from unnecessary starts, particularly if they are not fitted with aftermarket pre-oilers.

 

If people want realism I say bin the cold engine stuff and look at programming in random system failures every 100 flights or so and/or getting rid of the engine techno chat.

 

Just my 2 cents....

 

 I think that I eluded to that fact later in my post regarding modern issues but thank you for the factual explanation.

However, if your suggested random failures were based on real life issues including VVS production QA issues, lack of spares for either side, etc then I for one would be more than happy to see that, although always getting the lemon aircraft every time could becoming frustrating.  However, I'm currently just amused listening to players who have accused others of previously whining over things are now the ones lamenting. However, I guess what goes round comes round.

 

Regards

Edited by Haza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kathon,

i have the same Problem as the Member "Geleitzug" with Login at the TAW Page, my Password was not accepted, got a new Password from the "forget your Password" Function, but this new one didn't work as well... tried several Times without any Success.

Please can you reset this?

 

Thanks 1./JG42flesch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not able to do otherwise it would be in already, but any chance of getting additional CM for a paradrop and/or some stat for paradropping?

I'm going to guess its not possible to correlate landed troopers to a Ju pilot but I'd thought I'd ask anyway.

 

Also is it possible to have the number of transport missions in pilot statistics, it seems it is tracked as you can get an award for doing 10, would be nice to see the total included in stats too.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I reset  your password via "forget password" and was able to log in. 

 

image.png.6294d823772c1d9dbbf22a1614acb471.png

Really strange - it tried it multiple times but without any success - when I use the "forget password" function, I always get a "cryptic" long passwort consisting of an arbitrary numbers and letters combination, copy it in the login window but always the message " Password or user name does not match" pops up... :huh:

Edited by Geleitzug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concerning AI gunners,

 

I think that they should get their skill level reduced which is currently set at 2 (which is maxed out afaik). I know certain people will get high blood pressure just by reading this far, however there are reasons beyond "i hang on a bombers 6 and got shot down pls nerf".

 

First of all currently the AI gunners are a bigger threat to a pilots life than 90% of the playerbase. I don't think that this should be the case. I know quite a lot of pilots who simply don't engage Bombers anymore simply because the chance to randomly die without doing anything wrong is too high. I think they are better gunners than most of the players are when being in the same position. On top of that the Bomber player gets a free call out on every enemy in the vicinity.

 

That being said, i think it would be at least worth a test to see how Ai gunners do on skill level 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

 the chance to randomly die without doing anything wrong.....

FALSE.  You die because somewhere along the line you made a mistake.  If you park behind a pe2, you made a mistake.  In fact, even if youre diving on a pe2 from 6'oclock, youve made a mistake.  Don't mistake your shit tactics for OP gunners.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

FALSE.  You die because somewhere along the line you made a mistake.  If you park behind a pe2, you made a mistake.  In fact, even if youre diving on a pe2 from 6'oclock, youve made a mistake.  Don't mistake your shit tactics for OP gunners.

 

That's exactly the point. Even you do a perfect approach,  you can still die in impossible ways.

 

Edit: It kinda proves my point that the only 2 kills you have managed in 11 sorties were in a Peshka.

Edited by Operation_Ivy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Operation_Ivy said:

 

That's exactly the point. Even you do a perfect approach,  you can still die in impossible ways.

Perhaps every once in awhile you could say you did a perfect approach and still died, but I'd hazard a guess that might have happened URL too.  Sounds like what you want is a floating cupcake because you're tired of being bested.  

 

I get bounced in bombers ALL THE TIME, and rarely have my gunner get a single hit.  I suppose I wonder how all those fighters can do it 90% of the time and you can't?

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this 90% survive or at least didnt smoke black?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

hey guys, not sure if someone else posted the solution to playing the recorded tracks, I posted it on the russian speaking forum but not here before.

Because of this bug, you can't even read the server's description when you click on your record.

New IL-2 version doesn't read the symbol % correctly from the file with the server's description.  And the TAW server's description has lot's of % symbols in it. You can find these files (for each supported language) under the track's folder. All files have the same issue so if you use the English version, update that file with the English description, and so on, you just need to update the file that matches your IL-2 version of the game.

So replace this symbol % with something else (it's just a text file) or completely remove all occurrences of it and you should be fine reading and playing it.

Sorry, with my laptop with no game installed, so don't have a good example, but recently the server Berloga after my notes removed all %s in the description and the records from it work fine now. Until the TAW guys update the description with no %s in it, you can fix it by yourself by updating the file.

One example, for the track in Berloga server, this is the file name with the russian description: berloga.rus 

Enjoy)


Obi! Thank you. I will try this when I get home. Very weird bug!!

Kathon, is there an easy way for you and your team to change the % symbols and change them to something else as a temporary fix? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Grim said:

Did this 90% survive or at least didnt smoke black?

Again, my gunners wouldn't register a hit, so yes.  I did recently get an AM in a pe2, but immediately got bounced by a 109 that decimated me.  Seems that some folks like to play right into the pe2s strengths, others are smart and don't come in from the cone of death (4-8' oclock)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Concerning AI gunners,

 

I think that they should get their skill level reduced which is currently set at 2 (which is maxed out afaik). I know certain people will get high blood pressure just by reading this far, however there are reasons beyond "i hang on a bombers 6 and got shot down pls nerf".

 

First of all currently the AI gunners are a bigger threat to a pilots life than 90% of the playerbase. I don't think that this should be the case. I know quite a lot of pilots who simply don't engage Bombers anymore simply because the chance to randomly die without doing anything wrong is too high. I think they are better gunners than most of the players are when being in the same position. On top of that the Bomber player gets a free call out on every enemy in the vicinity.

 

That being said, i think it would be at least worth a test to see how Ai gunners do on skill level 1.

 

Yeah right, and to have the bombers completly  defensless ....

 

Anyway the gunners in my opinion are anyway not very accurate UNLESS You sit on the bombers six or fly by very close to the bomber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

 

Yeah right, and to have the bombers completly  defensless ....

 

Anyway the gunners in my opinion are anyway not very accurate UNLESS You sit on the bombers six or fly by very close to the bomber. 

 

It would be great if some people would stop getting het up for a second and try to understand the issue. 

 

If you had read carefully, you would have noted that i proposed to lowering the skill level to 1 and evaluate the impact of it. There has to be a middle ground between the mess we have currently and completely uselessness.

Edited by Operation_Ivy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

 

It would be great if some people would stop getting het up for a second and try to understand the issue. 

 

If you had read carefully, you would have noted that i proposed to lowering the skill level to 1 and evaluate the impact of it. There has to be a middle ground between the mess we have currently and completely uselessness.

I read perfectly fine.  I'd  like to make a proposition to add to yours:

 

Let's lower max ceiling for all German planes to 3km, I get tired of being bounced from high altitude.  You know, just to evaluate the impact.  

 

Second proposal:  remove all cannons from bf109 so I don't get shot up as much, just to evaluate the impact of it.  

 

See where I'm going?  Provide more than your opinion as fact and maybe the community will listen.

Edited by =BES=Coyote-66
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×