=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Gents,

I was really looking forward to this new season, however, back just from work and currently in my time-zone the ratio is 4:1 (20 against 5) in favour of the reds.  As much as I enjoy the server, I'm afraid trying to play with those odds is lame.  When I viewed the server last night it was 36 to 38 and I had hoped that this would be the norm across all times, but alas, I guess nothing has changed in my zone

Regards

Has anyone been able to get tracks to load from TAW? 

Before it used to not be a problem at all, now all I ever get is black screen.

8 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

Coconut expert also has this issue. WoL does not. The screen goes black after the loadup screen stops.

Posted (edited)

I can load coconut replay, but my taw replay is a black screen.

EDIT:
Im looking for some mates doing JaBo Missions on LW side. Anyone I can stick to GMT+1 evening/night?

Edited by Grim

6 hours ago, Haza said:

Gents,

I was really looking forward to this new season, however, back just from work and currently in my time-zone the ratio is 4:1 (20 against 5) in favour of the reds.  As much as I enjoy the server, I'm afraid trying to play with those odds is lame.  When I viewed the server last night it was 36 to 38 and I had hoped that this would be the norm across all times, but alas, I guess nothing has changed in my zone

Regards

currently exactly balanced in the AU primetime  16 v 16

6 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

6 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Coconut expert also has this issue. WoL does not. The screen goes black after the loadup screen stops.

Same here :(

It's a  3.001 bug that seems to affect random servers and then also affects each player in the same way though, weirdly enough. Or at least that's my experience.

Funny thing, now when the numbers on the server are more or less even (and its not as usual 40 blues to few reds), the reds are loosing more plains and pilots...

adming pls I do not understand anything if you make an emergency landing and restart the statistics without the pilot dying ?? I happened twice

7 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Same here. Please fix ASAP.

How am I supposed to make shitty YouTube videos for my channel if I can’t playback the replays?!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

Funny thing, now when the numbers on the server are more or less even (and its not as usual 40 blues to few reds), the reds are loosing more plains and pilots...

Of course, more meat to die in the grinder. Especially that we have the flying coffin aka I-16. They even modelled pilot tears when flying it. Oh wait, it was raining.

Edited by =L/R=Maurox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, =L/R=Maurox said:

Of course, more meat to die in the grinder. Especially that we have the flying coffin aka I-16. They even modelled pilot tears when flying it. Oh wait, it was raining.

hehe yup I know.

Anyway I was reffering to all those blue players who while flying in big numerical advantage were suprised that blue side looses more planes while flying more sorties in respect to red side flying less sorties.

Posted (edited)

When I try to join the server It is just a black screen, then back to the multiplayer screen. This happens no matter the player count. Any suggestions? I can join any other server just fine. I have registered on the TAW website as well.  

EDIT: It seems to have randomly started working. Just joined. Hm...:huh:

Edited by Chicken_Train

Cold starts are pretty damn annoying if you wanna fly a peshka 35 (which is also the transport).. been a few occasion me and mates getting kicked idle while trying to get the engines to even start. 

33 minutes ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

Cold starts are pretty damn annoying if you wanna fly a peshka 35 (which is also the transport).. been a few occasion me and mates getting kicked idle while trying to get the engines to even start. 

Same here, I just can't see where is the fun in this

Cold start is simply starting the engine and let it run until oil and water got some temperature right? Or did a do it wrong?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grim said:

Cold start is simply starting the engine and let it run until oil and water got some temperature right? Or did a do it wrong?

The problem with the Pe-2 s35 is that the engines most of the time just stop when trying to start (similar to the mixture bug with the Hs 129, but it's because they are just too cold to start), so you have to retry the whole start process 2 or 3 times (including waiting for the pilot to switch off and on the electric power switches, which isn't neccesary in this situation), sometimes it takes long enough that you get kicked while waiting in the spawn.

It would be easier if the player could operate some of the basic engine start controls like magnetos, fuel valve and engine starter, so restarting the engines after they fail is done quickly (the other needed steps like manually pumping fuel was done earlier during the first attempt) , with the automatic start process it turns off all the electric controls (and then turns them on again) taking extra time.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Yeah. The 110 only started when I started the engines one by one

110 you need to start so, that first start one engine and as soon it starts give it some throttle and then deselect it and then start the other one the same way. Otherwise it will stop. Don't know if Pe-2 is the same way.

I totally like the CM prerequisites being met even if the the mission ends in a ditching at the airfield or close to it! This was one of my grips in the last go around. Fact is the aircraft would have been salvageable even up to some 25 miles - they grab it with a crash truck - as long as the area was still under friendly control.

wwii-spitfire-wreck-077.jpg

Just now, Krupinskii said:

What's with the 15min bans when entering the server?

Did you select an Axis airfield then switch to an Allied airfield (or the other way round)?    Changing sides does that.

Nope, just joined like any other time, barely got to see the map pop up before it kicked me. Looks like it's happening to a lot of others at least from the technochat.

They've got reserved slots Monday afternoons (EST) so anybody who tries to join when it says "Server Full" on the webpage, despite the open slots in the server itself, will get a 15 minute ban.

I certainly get kicked a lot after getting to 100% loaded but before the map comes up.  That is just the problem everyone is having with joining any big servers since the update.   Perhaps in your case you are getting far enough for the map to pop up before it throws you out?

· I was kick from the server and now I’m banned from TAW on the servers list, why?

There is slot reservation system which is used sometimes by TAW developers StG2 and =LG= squadrons. To prevent from joining the server when no free slots are available players are temporarily banned. As soon as some free slots are available again all players are unbanned. If server has no more free slots then there is a message on the TAW main page above the map “Server is full!”. Please wait a while in that case.

With the Pe-2 early model, does setting the mixture to full before attempting the startup sequence not fix the issue?  It does on other aircraft.  Or is it simply a temperature problem? 

1 hour ago, RedEye_Miji said:

don't understand this stats.....

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=4214&name=RedEye_Miji

Friendly fire by an I-16, sometimes a P40 was confused whit BF, (shit happens) but i managed to fly away, heavy damaged, this counts as +1 CM but my new P40 was lost.

You had AK and ended sortie alive so +1 CM but on the other hand you was shot down (lost of ac) and I assume that then mission ended. This is situation I didn't predict. 

i was flying more than 10 minutes after the "incident" don't know why, i was counted as shot down.

Thx anyway.

Damage can sometimes be catastrophic 

Happens in the spitfire a lot.  You can be 'shot down ' and still fly the rest of your mission for half an hour . Shoot some  people down and land . Still a.c. lost. 

It's when the tail is lost in the spit maybe the same in p40

Posted (edited)
Just now, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

currently exactly balanced in the AU primetime  16 v 16

Oh that's good to hear as I can't always play in that prime time (Guessing 1800-2100 ish).  However, just logging on (0715 Australian time) and it is 51 Blues against 31 reds, so I guess there is a swing.

Edited by Haza

Had problems with the Login at the TAW page, my password was not accepted; got a new password from the "forget your password" function, but this new one didn't work as well... tried several times without any success - is there something wrong with this function ?

Question about Experience:

Not that I am complaining - just trying to understand logic

I would have though that my experience should continue to grow until I die or captured, at which point my rank will rest to zero. As long as I am still alive - my rank should not reset after a ditch or bailout in friendly territory.

17 minutes ago, =gRij=ToReRo said:

adming pls 

can somebody tell me why the pilot's statistics are reset if I do not die, I do not understand

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5293&name==gRiJ=ToReRo

LOL we were thinking the same thing!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

With the Pe-2 early model, does setting the mixture to full before attempting the startup sequence not fix the issue?  It does on other aircraft.  Or is it simply a temperature problem? 

It didn't seem to have any effect when I was trying to use the plane on Sunday. I don't get how it could have been too cold to start the plane up. It was 20 deg C. I checked both the mission weather report and the in plane gauges. If that is too cold then the plane is useless in most places at most times of year. Something seems broken with the plane, like the start up script is ending just before the engines turn over fully. What this adds to the fun of the game is utterly lost on me.

Yeah, I did a couple Pe-2 supply flights tonight with a friend and it does not help.  My record was engine #1 refusing to start three times in a row.  Really made me wish to be able to fly supplies in any other aircraft.  A bag of groceries in the I-16 maybe.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1