=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Cutting the inevitable discussion about balance / historical accuracy short, i think most agree that we play a Sim where Balance shouldn't impact historical accuracy. 

Therefor i don't see a point why the planeset shouldn't be accurate as well. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

What's the average duration of a map? One week? 

Depends. Last time Map #1 ended in I think ~72 hours. 

Posted (edited)

I do wish that the A-20 was available from the summer of 1942.  It would be historical and add fun for both sides I think.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Well I tried. I guess in the end it does not matter, some squadrons will always fly for the same side regardless of what the balance is. Sign up just opened and there are 11 LW squadrons for 3 VVS ones lol. Thanks to those who switch sides and keep the campaign alive otherwise it would end up with LW vs Nothing again

=BES= will likely go Red as always, but we will see what balance is like on Sunday before final decision.  Only 2 on at a time though.

4 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Current line up:

Morning EST (GMT -4)

- BD: VVS (Mixed: 5)

- III./JG5: VVS (Mixed: 10)

- IL2AU: VVS (Mixed: 10)

Afternoon EST (GMT - 4)

- 1stCL: LW (Fighters: 10)

- 6./ZG26: LW (Ground Attacker: 5)

- 71stAH: VVS (Mixed: 5)

- 7.GShap: VVS (Fighters: 10)

- Ala13: VVS (Mixed: 20)

- ATAG: VVS (Mixed: 5)

- DFA: LW (Mixed: 5)

- F/JG300: LW (Mixed: 5)

- FEW: LW (Mixed: 10)

- gRij: LW (Mixed: 10)

- HR: VVS (Mixed: 10)

- Hydra: LW (Fighters: 10)

- I./JG62: LW (Fighters: 10)

- JG4: LW (Mixed: 10)

- JG77: LW (Fighters: 10)

- JGr8: LW (Mixed: 10)

- LG: VVS (Mixed: 10)

Evening EST (GMT -4)

- 19: VVS (Mixed: 5)

- AKA: VVS (Mixed: 10)

- JG7: LW (Mixed: 5)

- LLv44: LW (Mixed: 5)

- SqSq: Unsure (Mixed: 10)

- SCG: LW (Mixed: 10)

- StG77: VVS (Ground Attackers: 5)

* Format:

- Name: Side (Preference: Approximate number of pilots)

Note that a squadron may appear more than once in the list if their pilots fly in more than one time zone. Also remember that lone wolves and not reported squadrons (groups that did not reply to this topic) are not listed here.

The goal of this list is to give an overall view of the TAW balance and, hopefully, have the squadrons base their side choice taking balance into consideration. If you wish to change your side just reply in this topic and I will update it. Remember, it is always better to select a side before the campaign starts so choose it wisely now. 

The enjoyment and competitiveness of TAW campaign depends on ALL of us. 

- 1/JSpan: LW (Mixed: 10)

Afternoon EST (GMT - 4)

:)

On 12/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, SCG_Riksen said:

Current line up:

Morning EST (GMT -4)

Afternoon EST (GMT - 4)

- 1stCL: LW (Fighters: 10)

- 6./ZG26: LW (Ground Attacker: 10)

- 7.GShap: VVS (Fighters: 10)

- Ala13: VVS (Mixed: 20)

- ATAG: VVS (Mixed: 5)

- DFA: LW (Mixed: 5)

- F/JG300: LW (Mixed: 5)

- FEW: LW (Mixed: 10)

- gRij: LW (Mixed: 10)

- HR: - Hydra: LW (Fighters: 10)

- III./JG5: VVS (Mixed: 30)

- JG4: LW (Mixed: 10)

- JG77: LW (Fighters: 10)

- StG77: VVS (Ground Attackers: 10)

Evening EST (GMT -4)

- 19: VVS (Mixed: 10)

- AKA: VVS (Mixed: 10)

- SqSq: Unsure (Mixed: 10)

- SCG: LW (Mixed: 20)

* Format:

- Name: Side (Preference: Approximate number of pilots)

Note that a squadron may appear more than once in the list if their pilots fly in more than one time zone. Also remember that lone wolves and not reported squadrons (groups that did not reply to this topic) are not listed here.

The goal of this list is to give an overall view of the TAW balance and, hopefully, have the squadrons base their side choice taking balance into consideration. If you wish to change your side just reply in this topic and I will update it. Remember, it is always better to select a side before the campaign starts so choose it wisely now. 

The enjoyment and competitiveness of TAW campaign depends on ALL of us. 

IR: LW (mixed8)

Looks like this of squad list of TAW combatants is a moving target LOL - are some squads and dropped or is this an issue with version control related to the most current list? :huh:

3 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

I do wish that the A-20 was available from the summer of 1942.  It would be historical and add fun for both sides I think.

You cam have your A-20 if I can have my G-6 with the 30 mm cannon ;)

Posted (edited)

The squadron list is not going to be updated anymore. It doesn't seem to matter guys, like I said, because some squadrons will always fly for the same side regardless and the campaign will start tomorrow so what is done is done. Hopefully the lonewolves and the unreported squadrons can balance the campaign so we can have a nice TAW again. I wish everyone good luck and thank the TAW team once again for putting this together for us!

See you in the skies :)

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

The squadron list is not going to be updated anymore. It doesn't seem to matter guys, like I said, because some squadrons will always fly for the same side regardless and the campaign will start tomorrow so what is done is done. Hopefully the lonewolves and the unreported squadrons can balance the campaign so we can have a nice TAW again. I wish everyone good luck and thank the TAW team once again for putting this together for us!

See you in the skies :)

Thanks for the attempt, Riksen.  I'm sure it had to help those squads who wait until now to decide which side to pick (like mine), even if it's only a few squads.

I was actually almost worried I'd have to fly blue!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

If pilot disconnects during a flight then all his AK/GK and combat missions are not counted and:

· aircraft is lost if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place more than 5min after last damage

· aircraft is lost and AK/GK streak is reset to 0 if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place less than 5min after last damage. Sortie result is DISCO.

Can someone explain this for me in plain English please.

Edited by JG7_X_Man

12 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

If pilot disconnects during a flight then all his AK/GK and combat missions are not counted and:

· aircraft is lost if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place more than 5min after last damage

· aircraft is lost and AK/GK streak is reset to 0 if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place less than 5min after last damage. Sortie result is DISCO.

If you D/C 5 minutes after getting damage, it counts as if you died
If you D/C more than 5 minutes after damage, you keep your streak but any kills in the sortie don't count

It also seems if you disco without taking damage you lose any of your kills and any combat mission you may have earned.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Disarray said:

It also seems if you disco without taking damage you lose any of your kills and any combat mission you may have earned.

You mean your CM count is reseted to zero? No I don't think so. It just won't count as a CM. 

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

1 hour ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

You mean your CM count is reseted to zero? No I don't think so. It just won't count as a CM. 

Correct
Nor will any kills in the sortie count
this drove me mental back when I had shitty internet :)

1 hour ago, evarno said:

Correct
Nor will any kills in the sortie count
this drove me mental back when I had shitty internet :)

Its  a shame but I guess it stops people getting a kill and D/C straight away afterwards.

16 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

A more historical planeset has still my vote. 

We wanted to change the plane set but in the end decided to leave it as it was, but it's not a final set.

8 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Please check this table:

disco.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

We wanted to change the plane set but in the end decided to leave it as it was, but it's not a final set.

How does that work? If you wanted to change it, but the decided not to what is the reasoning? Is the argument really balance? Because the Peshka is better in almost every way.

4 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Please check this table:

disco.JPG

Cool! Very fair indeed! So if you have a crappy internet connection - you better land after every sortie as fast as possible!

If you do sustain battle damage - hope you don't get disco'ed until after 5 mins.

Although this obviously hurts those (few) that have bad internet connections, it's the only way satisfy people (many) that want to penalize those that disco when they are in an unfavorable position. 

15 minutes ago, [8==D]banzaii said:

Any thought to creating a Tactical Air War internal forum?  Pretty big at 202 pages.

Sounds like a good idea - it has almost a cult following :)

3 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

(in 2 different flights Cool! Very fair indeed! So if you have a crappy internet connection - you better land after every sortie as fast as possible!

If you do sustain battle damage - hope you don't get disco'ed until after 5 mins.

Although this obviously hurts those (few) that have bad internet connections, it's the only way satisfy people (many) that want to penalize those that disco when they are in an unfavorable position. 

In one of the campaigns I suprised twice (in 2 different flights) one of the leading ground pounders, he immediately disconnected after receiving warning from his gunner before I managed to shoot him and he didnt' loose his precious streak an finished the campaign in very top of the board.

So even current regulations are not perfect, but watering them down would do no good, 

Edited by Carl_infar

7 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

I dont know if I missed the info: does the technochat is removed on this one?

No way to do that server side, at this point. Devs would have to make it an option.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

:dance::drinks::fly::yahoo:

Seems the GPS is on...

Yep, can confirm

Engines are warm too. Did we get rid of coldstarts?

Edited by evarno

Sorry, server stopped.   we need some time to fix the problem.

Server is running.

Edited by StG2_Raven

Server didn't forget to kick me before that. I lost 1 AK of an I-16 due to it. At least it just read "In Flight". 

With the new stricter rules, is there a way to increase tolerance for network instability from the server - client connection? 

So that people that experience a lagspike won't be kicked right away please? 

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Server didn't forget to kick me before that. I lost 1 AK of an I-16 due to it. At least it just read "In Flight". 

With the new stricter rules, is there a way to increase tolerance for network instability from the server - client connection? 

So that people that experience a lagspike won't be kicked right away please? 

Yeah you need to look at that on your end. Google internet stability tricks may help  - or call your ISP.

This is great! Like covering yourself in a warm blanket - but with bees outside trying to get in and sting you LOL