=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Apparently attacking airfields with fighters carrying bombs is frowned upon. I did 2 sorties just now with a P-40 and killed 4 fighters there and some hangars and some pilots are upset. Is there a rule against such behavior? Am I supposed to attack AF with only bombers in order for it to be ok?

Just want to make things clear ...

No attack an airfield with what you want. 

Apparently attacking airfields with fighters carrying bombs is frowned upon. I did 2 sorties just now with a P-40 and killed 4 fighters there and some hangars and some pilots are upset. Is there a rule against such behavior? Am I supposed to attack AF with only bombers in order for it to be ok?

Jerry I see you know better than me how fun it is ;-)

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Upvote 2

Naw, just do you and enjoy the tears.

I'm registered both times now. I'm flying short side to make it fun.

I'm just going to use fighters and fighter bombers red side unless my boss says we are full convery Red. Vulching in a P40 slung with a 250 will be funny as ffffffffff.

ADMIN REQUEST

I have made three accounts. Can you please delete them all so I can set my name properly and only have two accounts. I do not want to get accused of cheating or being dishonest. I don't mind having my stats reset. It's early and I have a feeling I'm going to be flying a lot of RED. If so I need to have my proper tags on 7./JG26_ even if I'm red side. I've been with the boys a long time and I want my tags shown with pride even if I'm in a Yak.

Thanks for the efforts. I know it's a lot of work and it can be thankless. Many a Cliffs campaign has been destroyed by caving into critics and ruining your vision.

Good luck.

I believe you need to work out a sign up sheet for squadrons before campaign with consideration for time zones in place. A major stack should not be allowed and if some people refuse to swap sides you should ignore the screeching when a side is full. Balance in numbers above all else. ACG has been around for over 5 years because we have a dictator and it's his way or the highway. He will tell you that in your induction interview. Frickin works a treat.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper

No no no ... u gotta go the full 500kg on them lol. P40 is awesome for ground attacking. Hope to see u on the dark sidd of force soon

Now it's telling me I need to register but the accounts are still active. I'm confused.   :P

It's telling me to register but I'm registered.

Oh well WoL for the evening.

Edited by 7/ACG_RED_Smokejumper

No no no ... u gotta go the full 500kg on them lol. P40 is awesome for ground attacking. Hope to see u on the dark sidd of force soon

They did the same to us. Time to fight Fire with Fire  :russian_ru:

I either get kicked, have trouble joining, or the server is full at times when I could play (ie kids hogging internet).

Sorry I have not been more involved than that. I would have liked to. :salute:

yes, server has a script error. The fix will take a little longer.

Edited by StG2_Raven

Where you able to delete my accounts Raven?

I have switched sides and can no longer play. I get an error to register. I have four accounts now so I've registered a lot.

Can admin please fix so I can fly?

There are a few of us having this issue.

Koepi also just got kicked.

Edited by 7/ACG_RED_Smokejumper

Guys - Help me understand? How/When do i get to fly and aircraft that says 0/1?

It appears Piciu just experienced the Quality of German AI Gunners. We sat Dead Six for Minutes on his 110 and he didn't hit a single time and was shot down. 

And that was a full Minute between Custards first and last hit, and the Chase lasted a lot longer, without a single hit by the 110. 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=14340&name==LG=Piciu

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann
  • Upvote 1

Guys - Help me understand? How/When do i get to fly and aircraft that says 0/1?

You need to fly a mission that involved getting an air or ground kill then landing safely at an active airbase.  Or land safely after flying for at least 15 minutes.

You need to fly a mission that involved getting an air or ground kill then landing safely at an active airbase.  Or land safely after flying for at least 15 minutes.

25 minutes now with a fighter with no AK/GK.

Rgr that guys! So if the only fighter I have is 0/1, I have to fly something else? Sounds great! I wish I hadn't slept in class when we were going over flying a He 111 LOL or anything else that wasn't a fighter Haha!

Edited by JG7_X_Man

StG77_Kondor - Rgr that! So it the only fighter I have is 0/1, I have to fly something else? Sounds great! I wish I hadn't slept in class when we were going over flying a He 111 LOL or anything else that wasn't a fighter Haha!

Correct. Fly bomber/attacker or He-111 transport (empty with full fuel) plane to resupply airfields in need. All of this is on the main website you can see which AFs are damaged.

Edited by StG77_Kondor

The server went down a few hours ago and  I had to leave server because finish flight was not available. 

I just tried to join again and I can't join. I see that on the TAW website it still says I am connected. 

Obviously I am not still connected. 

Hopefully it will disconnect me when the mpa rolls and then I can join again. 

DirtyRotnFlieger

Edited by DirtyRotnFlieger

Where you able to delete my accounts Raven?

I have switched sides and can no longer play. I get an error to register. I have four accounts now so I've registered a lot.

Can admin please fix so I can fly?

There are a few of us having this issue.

Koepi also just got kicked.

you have a PM

Yes unfortunately the DServer.exe crashed again. We must wait for Kathon.   Kathon restarted  the server. many Thanks 

Edited by StG2_Raven

Server's dead again...

PS - Why is the Bf110 so cantankerous on startup? The throttle has two settings on warm up - too much and too little.

Edited by 19//Darbzy

Server's dead again...

PS - Why is the Bf110 so cantankerous on startup too? The throttle has two settings on warm up - too much and too little.

? If you're standing on the brakes you should be able to throttle up to 45% no problem. That warms it up fairly fast.

...So after a crash with a He 111, I have decided to pass on your server. It isn't realistic for a fighter jock to learn/know how to fly a bomber/transport aircraft (...actually in real life a most bomber/transport pilots are those that couldn't become fighter pilots for one reason or another). However, I will accept your wishes to make this a prerequisite and move on to the other multiplayer servers until co-op comes out and a real virtual war like VOW, VEF and Bellum had back int he day. 

I wish you chaps well with your server and may your take-offs, equal your landings - X_Man out! 

For those who suck at flying both fighters and bombers, there are always flaks to be manned on the airfields ... or perhaps you could cook for us, wash dishes, clean the bathrooms or something. I'm sure there is something you can do to help the war effort ... ;)

• Upvote 2

It isn't realistic for a fighter jock to learn/know how to fly a bomber/transport aircraft

The hundreds of hours required to transition between types in this sim can be daunting.

• Upvote 1

The hundreds of hours required to transition between types in this sim can be daunting.

It's more lack of interest. I think getting the Fw 190 off the ground with a full bomb load requires more skill than getting an He 111 airborne - but that's just my opinion. :biggrin:

With 55 vs 29, this campaign is going to be one of the quickest yet. Wasn't even 2 days ago the line was at Kalach. 

vXEPdVk.png

This campaign has been somewhat disappointing

Mix of both instability in the dserver and maybe some script problems with massive imbalance when it does work... bit of a shame hopefully next round will be more stable and balanced

Cheers to kathon and all others involved as always though for making the effort to build it all

Edited by =IL2AU=chappyj

I am going along with Darbzy here, I not a fan of having to warm up the engines.

I understand the need for reality and immersion but the way it is now it's doing the opposite.

First: IRL all front line fighter engines where kept warm by the crew chief.

Second: A cold engine start procedure differed from a normal engine start and we can't do that with BoS auto engine start proceedure.

Third: We don't have the possibility to put chock and it will be fun to watch peoples doing some spin on icy apron.

o7 

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Upvote 2

Server dead, again.

It makes me wondering, if you got a technical problem (game freeze or disco) what happen with your plane? Do you lost it?

You lose your plane if you took damage in the 5 or so minutes prior to the disconnect.

This campaign has been somewhat disappointing

Mix of both instability in the dserver and maybe some script problems with massive imbalance when it does work... bit of a shame hopefully next round will be more stable and balanced

Cheers to kathon and all others involved as always though for making the effort to build it all

You complain about imbalance but fly for LW? How does that work? I get that you guys were flying for the red side on the previous campaign but really ... all of the other LW only guys do not give a damn about it and now you became part of the problem. Just look at it now ... 26x2 :/