=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

But anyways, Our Experience of this Campaign so far:

Get Idle Kicked because Engines's aren't running and we can't move. And because only 3 of 7 managed to get on, 1 was kicked, all left.

So far then we haven't flown therefore. 

Please increase Idle Kick Time and tell people that they can still taxi with a Cold Engine. Just a little Message "Your Engines are Cold, you may still taxi, but let your Engine Warm up before Take Off"

This pretty much sums up my experience also.

• Upvote 1

The same thing was on old ADW.

First maps - a lot of blues and only few reds.

Last maps - a lot of reds and only few blues.

Hell yea !! Blue won a first map !! ... and so f##ing what ?

I think reds wil win the whole campaign again.

We will see how the things will be right now when P-40 and ratas with Shvak apears.

The problem isn't in numbers of players on each side. Problem is with players who do not want to fly  on "based armamaent" ratas against "mighty" E7. Simply - they are afraid something.

27-0 is only when reds had one airfield open.

Ramm.

ps. the numbers wil change more eguall when BoS planes wil be available. Some ppl do not have BoM yet.

Eat your own words. However not using your brains and Ignoring the 2:1 registration rate across campaigns is kinda hilarious ... yes LW numbers change heavily with morale VVS do to to an extend

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/page-93?do=findComment&comment=451558

Edited by =FEW=N3croo

Can't understand why red pilots do not fly i16. I see only one reason that they do not have the BOM edition. At the first week 20018 it was only 20 eur in the shop. Can't understand why they do not have it at all.

It does seem to true that many people  don't own BoM and have no interest in buying it.  I have friends who own BoS & BoK & BoBp and just about every collectible going but will not buy BoM.   I think they are missing out greatly because the I-16 and the Mig-3 are great fun to fly and have a lot to offer in that era.  The Mig-3 remains useful way beyond those first maps.   Unfortunately it means that any server running early maps sees low attendance and I am always worried that they will decide to just skip the early maps and I will have nowhere to fly the I-16 & Mig.  It is already pretty rare to get opportunities.   TAW finished the first map in a few days and no doubt the second map will go quickly too and we will be on to new aircraft.

To be honest I find that numbers normally were rather good on the first maps and worse on the later maps. 

Hi all New guy Here, looking for a little help. First wow this War thing is Awsome!!! Thanks to the Devs. Now on to my Help request. Ok first off is there a guide out there for the 110,JU87,JU88,JU52 a basic engine guide /Check list?? I have found a couple, but way over my head I have tried to take off an d Fly 26x and got off 10x i thnk. and have only made it to a target 2x, I have either crashed on take off or Ditched because my engine sized or over heat or in JU87 both times it said RPM damaged and then engine went out. I was only flying at like 60% throttle and i couldnt even climb so i wasnt adding extra power or stress. and the other time I got 1 shot by an AA gun from somewhere around a target in a 110. I have mapped all my keys mutliple times on my keyboard and my Joystick ( Thrustmaster 16000M and Throttle) to see if thats the case, and it seems sometimes the Keys work and some times it doesnt., but works everytime and everyway in offline play. I apoligize to my Axis teamates for not even being able to take off and Contribute, Ive tried Slow power to Full power take offs, Full Power Holding brakes then realse take off. and either get going good then Fishtail left and right and then crash or i get going then just spin and spin around, Hell i even Seized and over heated and engine just trying to taxi back to take off point after an Abort. How is that? And i still cant figure out how to get the flaps down on the JU52. PLease can anyone help so i can contribute and actually try to have fun.

Secondly, I actually made it to a target by accident whille running from a fighter and got 9 Ground kills but they havent shown in my stats?? its been 2 days? any insight on that?

I suggested this a while back, but I still don't see it implemented - maybe not possible or too hard?

It would be awesome if the mission updates that are included in the TAW briefing for what occurred last round were included on the website somewhere as well?
For example this below?

Allied defense in Kubinka was destroyed!
 - Axis depot in Zaluje was damaged to 34%!
 - Allied depot in Ryabinki was destroyed!
 - Axis tank convoy advancing to Kubinka was destroyed!
 - Axis airfield in Zenino was damaged to 15%
 - Axis airfield in Zenino was repaired to 2%
 - Allied airfield in Ryabinki was damaged to 2%
 - Allied airfield in Ryabinki was repaired to 0%
 - Allied airfield in Mozhaisk was damaged to 6%
 - Allied city Kubinka was supplied by air transport

If the map is generated and updated on the website, would adding this text not also be possible?

• Upvote 1

We will see how the things will be right now when P-40 and ratas with Shvak apears.

The problem isn't in numbers of players on each side. Problem is with players who do not want to fly  on "based armamaent" ratas against "mighty" E7. Simply - they are afraid something.

Ramm.

ps. the numbers wil change more eguall when BoS planes wil be available. Some ppl do not have BoM yet.

How the hell are numbers not the problem when the German team has 2, 3 or more times the number of players as the Soviet teem and the server is full? How is 50 vs 17 not a problem? Please explain to me, in some detail how 50 vs 17 is optimal, because from where I sit that seems like a problem, and I'm not the only one. Who wins maps is entirely irrelevant to the issue of team balance. A stacked team is still a stacked team even if it manages to throw away what should be an easy win. In no other team based contest do the rules state that one team having too many players in the game is alright so long as they aren't doing well.

• Upvote 4

Hi all New guy Here, looking for a little help. First wow this War thing is Awsome!!! Thanks to the Devs. Now on to my Help request. Ok first off is there a guide out there for the 110,JU87,JU88,JU52 a basic engine guide /Check list?? I have found a couple, but way over my head I have tried to take off an d Fly 26x and got off 10x i thnk. and have only made it to a target 2x, I have either crashed on take off or Ditched because my engine sized or over heat or in JU87 both times it said RPM damaged and then engine went out. I was only flying at like 60% throttle and i couldnt even climb so i wasnt adding extra power or stress. and the other time I got 1 shot by an AA gun from somewhere around a target in a 110. I have mapped all my keys mutliple times on my keyboard and my Joystick ( Thrustmaster 16000M and Throttle) to see if thats the case, and it seems sometimes the Keys work and some times it doesnt., but works everytime and everyway in offline play. I apoligize to my Axis teamates for not even being able to take off and Contribute, Ive tried Slow power to Full power take offs, Full Power Holding brakes then realse take off. and either get going good then Fishtail left and right and then crash or i get going then just spin and spin around, Hell i even Seized and over heated and engine just trying to taxi back to take off point after an Abort. How is that? And i still cant figure out how to get the flaps down on the JU52. PLease can anyone help so i can contribute and actually try to have fun.

Secondly, I actually made it to a target by accident whille running from a fighter and got 9 Ground kills but they havent shown in my stats?? its been 2 days? any insight on

that?

There's tons of threads, detailing each plane specifically. Here is a good place to start. 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3625-air-combat-tutorials-tir-profile-g940-controls-17-january-20/

I would highly recommend spending most of your free time now learning the planes you will want to fly most often, first. Be an expert in handling, say the Ju-87 engine before moving on to others. This server does not lend itself to be very friendly for beginners (in the sense that losing well over half of the planes you've taken - hurts the team you play for). 

I'm not trying to push you away from this server. But it seems to me you decided to jump into the deepest part of the pool without knowing how to stay afloat. Feel free to PM me, and I'll try to help you out with the basics.

• Upvote 3

Today we had a mission with equal sides, it was great! 

What happend when mission rolled however was that all people with good connections from europe, who tend to fly Axis mostly joined the next map and Axis immediately filled up to 50 players and left 29/30 for Allies. A cap of 45 could lower impacts like these.

hmmm. i actually don't see so much luftwhining in this thread lately!?

by the way 27:0 balance will hardly be resolved by limiting the number of slots per side to 45max.

for sure its that dumb luftwhiners, wehraboos,(what else?), fault that the more than 200 registered reds are not joining the server, but please remind me again exactly why they refuse to play???

by the way 27:0 balance will hardly be resolved by limiting the number of slots per side to 45max.

for sure its that dumb luftwhiners, wehraboos,(what else?), fault that the more than 200 registered reds are not joining the server, but please remind me again exactly why they refuse to play???

I see that you've signed up for LW and the way you've addressed that, you most likely don't see yourself as part of the problem.

Imagine it was 27 reds on, with probably 60% of them in fighters - would you sign on to be that one guy?  Where they can see where you've spawned in?  Doubt it.

Have you considered that people do more than just play games? I got 2 flights in on map 1. 3 Days and its over.

Edited by =FEW=Psyrion

well tuesday, regarding your kill streaks and those of your squad you would have probably still brought down half of them, if you would have joined:-)

i definitively am part of that "problem" as i am one of those "non-life-worthy" LW fanboys who does not commit to fly the whole campaign as reds. but then again every sortie i do, is mostly helping the red side to win as i really suck at this game!

my point is, that it sounds a bit cheap to blame the blue side for joining the server, while the red side is too busy with posting complains....and then blame the blue side for whining!!!

Have you considered that people do more than just play games? I got 2 flights in on map 1. 3 Days and its over.

ähm yes! and this applies only to those registered for red side???

well tuesday, regarding your kill streaks and those of your squad you would have probably still brought down half of them, if you would have joined:-)

i definitively am part of that "problem" as i am one of those "non-life-worthy" LW fanboys who does not commit to fly the whole campaign as reds. but then again every sortie i do, is mostly helping the red side to win as i really suck at this game!

my point is, that it sounds a bit cheap to blame the blue side for joining the server, while the red side is too busy with posting complains....and then blame the blue side for whining!!!

Annnnnd lost cause...

Like in every server I ever join, I end up flying more Russian than I do Blue.  This TAW is no different. 

• Upvote 2

to be clear: i totally support to get the balance right.!

Although for sure most of us luftwhiners highly appreciate the exiting experience of flying around an empty map just to enjoying the scenary, one of the reasons i have myself only done 2 sorties was the lack of targets. (or in my specific case: the lack of opportunities to get shot down)

to be clear: i totally support to get the balance right.!

Although for sure most of us luftwhiners highly appreciate the exiting experience of flying around an empty map just to enjoying the scenary, one of the reasons i have myself only done 2 sorties was the lack of targets. (or in my specific case: the lack of opportunities to get shot down)

But if it is not fun flying on a server with no enemies around why don't you join the reds? Just create two accounts and you will always have people to shoot you down. This thing where someone only flies for one side is getting really old ...

• Upvote 2

But if it is not fun flying on a server with no enemies around why don't you join the reds? Just create two accounts and you will always have people to shoot you down. This thing where someone only flies for one side is getting really old ...

true! just lack of activity on my side to create that second account. i do fly from time to time red on wol as it is not requiring any registration action at all, but yes i should consider this.

@tuesday: i checked your stats only now and it is surprisingly empty. therefore my comment might have come off wrong. it was not supposed to be ironic. i know you are usually having a quite nice score.

This thing where someone only flies for one side is getting really old ...

"As a blue 109 pilot that only flies Gustavs (prefer G-4) and only turns left with a 20 degree climbing attitude (I bail out when I reach 10k) let me tell you about the Pe-2 gunners..."

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr
  • Upvote 8

I fly Soviets because both Sides have enjoyable Planes to fly. 

Remind me how you would go about creating another account to swap to red? Because I've not seen a situation before where I thought it might be a good idea.

Remind me how you would go about creating another account to swap to red? Because I've not seen a situation before where I thought it might be a good idea.

https://il2sturmovik.com/account/

Change your name to your liking.

Go to http://taw-server.de/

and register another pilot with the name you just used and join TAW. Then you can switch to red.

Edit:

You can switch back to blue by changing your name back to the name you had before.

Edited by DerSheriff

fault that the more than 200 registered reds are not joining the server, but please remind me again exactly why they refuse to play???

to be clear: i totally support to get the balance right.! "

Pretty much the best combination of sentences your uttered on the same page of the forum. We have to play VVS for all eternity so that you can have fun and targets with a 2 : 1 registration rate

I couldnt play LW at this point bec there wouldnt be much targets in 30:10 to have fun either. I also dont have a squadron that has 10 players every evening aswell to hop in and have local superiority and still run okay in +2 : 1 

You know what happens then? You loose your P-40 to a ramm because half of the lifers still didnt figure out that 109s lock up. Hell last campaign our wingleader got rammed twice in a few days after taking off in his Pe-2 by vulchin E7s with potatoeaim.

Edited by =FEW=N3croo
  • Upvote 1

Ramm.

The system on "The Front Skies" war is better than static planeset per map. This way i think everyone will fly early to get points fast to use better planes later

http://il2org.ru:8080/war_en/

Edited by ESCOMM_FlyMaker

I haven't had many issues with the cold engine starts, but after playing a bit it really seems unnecessary to be honest. I don't think it improves immersion, and I also can't see any gameplay benefit that's being added to the game. Would really love to see that changed for the remainder of the campaign.

• Upvote 1

I was sceptical of the cold start at first, but now I think it actually helps along in de-clusterfucking certain scenarios with few targets and short distances. The fact that somebody who flies home or gets show down cannot be back in ~3 minutes is something I approve of. Plus if you do it right you can considerably shorten your downtime. :)

• Upvote 5

I haven't had many issues with the cold engine starts, but after playing a bit it really seems unnecessary to be honest. I don't think it improves immersion, and I also can't see any gameplay benefit that's being added to the game. Would really love to see that changed for the remainder of the campaign.

It´s about realism and in my opinion, it´s a great idea to take time and heat up the engine. 

Do to cold engine ppl tend to fly/ start together even if they are not on coms. This work because when you see 3-5 planes worming up you gonna w8 for them.

I was sceptical of the cold start at first, but now I think it actually helps along in de-clusterfucking certain scenarios with few targets and short distances. The fact that somebody who flies home or gets show down cannot be back in ~3 minutes is something I approve of. Plus if you do it right you can considerably shorten your downtime. :)

Except what your PE-2 engine refuses to start up because the start up sequence is scripted for warm starts and overrides any settings you put into it beforehand, and you get kicked from the server for sitting idle in the parking area. It makes it doubly odd when you throw into the mix that it is 26 C outside.

" to be clear: i totally support to get the balance right.! "

Pretty much the best combination of sentences your uttered on the same page of the forum. We have to play VVS for all eternity so that you can have fun and targets with a 2 : 1 registration rate

I couldnt play LW at this point bec there wouldnt be much targets in 30:10 to have fun either. I also dont have a squadron that has 10 players every evening aswell to hop in and have local superiority and still run okay in +2 : 1

You know what happens then? You loose your P-40 to a ramm because half of the lifers still didnt figure out that 109s lock up. Hell last campaign our wingleader got rammed twice in a few days after taking off in his Pe-2 by vulchin E7s with potatoeaim.

registration rate in clearly better than 2:1 !

i said it earlier in that discussion that the 45max limitation might be a good thing to avoid the server is blocked by blue, but it was actually your plot that showed that this would not solve anything if even on a half filled server there are constantly far less reds...ok... whatever...the start of map#2 seems to show some sort of improvement...whether it is the plane set or blues switching side...i don't know. i guess i'll follow ricksens recommendation.

• Upvote 1

...correction: more than 400 registered reds that refused to join the less than half filled server last night!

Not sure you're being serious, but ever heard of timezones/time constraints/ family duties etc...?

Way to over simplify it.

Not sure you're being serious, but ever heard of timezones/time constraints/ family duties etc...?

Way to over simplify it.

we had that comment before: remind me way these constraints only affect red side?

for sure that post was sonewhat provocative but still

registration rate is 1.7:1, if the teamstacking is worse than that (on a not fully loaded server), stop searching the failure on blue side!

anyway! i got it. i'll switch side as ricksen suggested.

remind me please: i change the name in il2 account, register that new name in TAW...do i do that with the same mail-adress than previously or do i also need to use a second mail-adress?

A victory without peril is a triumph without glory.

Keep the stack up luftpeople! :P

I'll be trying to provide a target for the LW as regularly as possible haha.

we had that comment before: remind me way these constraints only affect red side?

for sure that post was sonewhat provocative but still

registration rate is 1.7:1, if the teamstacking is worse than that (on a not fully loaded server), stop searching the failure on blue side!

anyway! i got it. i'll switch side as ricksen suggested.

remind me please: i change the name in il2 account, register that new name in TAW...do i do that with the same mail-adress than previously or do i also need to use a second mail-adress?

Use a diffetent mail address. Make sure you use the same password for simplicity and in case you forget. See you on the red side and good job switching!

Use a diffetent mail address. Make sure you use the same password for simplicity and in case you forget. See you on the red side and good job switching!

thx for the quick feedback...see you on the dark side :-)

How the hell are numbers not the problem when the German team has 2, 3 or more times the number of players as the Soviet teem and the server is full? How is 50 vs 17 not a problem? Please explain to me, in some detail how 50 vs 17 is optimal, because from where I sit that seems like a problem, and I'm not the only one. Who wins maps is entirely irrelevant to the issue of team balance. A stacked team is still a stacked team even if it manages to throw away what should be an easy win. In no other team based contest do the rules state that one team having too many players in the game is alright so long as they aren't doing well.

The problem you describe above is Your problem, not mine.

I do not have problem to fly against 3 or 5 more ppl on server, You and few other ppl - have  ;)

As long time ago one of the LG said (Blakhart probably) - stay on heavily defended target and shoot down as many as you can, and try to stay alive. Simple. And remember - more enemies - more targets.

Right now "the best of 5 alive fighters" four are red !!

If You are not a fighter - take bomber on high alt and bomb some long ranged factory.

However not using your brains and Ignoring the 2:1 registration rate across campaigns is kinda hilarious ... yes LW numbers change heavily with morale VVS do to to an extend

I do not ignoring anything, I just always fly on blue side. If would be 100 blues and 1 red registered I will fly on blue side. My brain and my decision :P

Ramm.