=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I remember many campaigns starting with huge blue number advantage in registration. Has never really meant much in the end before, could be different this time, though.

Change list looks sweet Kathon, can't wait!

Here is a video I made a while back that quickly shows off the sharing feature of il2missionplanner, for folks that don't know about it. Video says its beta but it's outdated, the feature has existed for a while.

Thanks for integrating your work into TAW, should be a huge help!

Lowering the 61K amounts should make a difference to even things for ground attackers, but I’m a bit sad both sides weren’t just given roughly the same AA calibers instead. The lowered AA AI level in overcast is a very welcome change! Airfields will be tougher to hold, hope this greats more back-and-forth action rather then the steamrolling in the last campaign. Now, let’s see how these cold starts work out for gameplay...

Edited by HenHawk

Good to have you stick around on red Tumu. I've been practicing so my gunnery while on fire has improved a notch. Perhaps I can be of use other than as a beacon to where the action is.

• Upvote 1

Hi friends.

Nice numbers on register.  We are near of 200 players registered.   Aprox 125 blue and 75 red.  Ratio is under 2 blue for 1 red .... lowest as usual, i prefer ratio near 3 blue vs 1 red, 

hahahahhahaaha, 

See you soon on air. good luck mates.

Yup. Looks like the stacking will continue ... I'll see you on the red side Tumu :)

• Upvote 1

Hello there, 

I've got technical question for you guys, I've random server disconnection (no error message, just back to the lobby) is this will count as an airplane lost?

I'm asking because i can fly 1hour without issue as 5min and been disconnected.

Thank you.

Hello there, 

I've got technical question for you guys, I've random server disconnection (no error message, just back to the lobby) is this will count as an airplane lost?

I'm asking because i can fly 1hour without issue as 5min and been disconnected.

Thank you.

Short answer: ping too high, server kicks you.

Happens to many of us from time to time.

Also seems to happen more often when server is full.

Makes me fly long-range bombing runs at off-peak times only.

Short answer: ping too high, server kicks you.

Happens to many of us from time to time.

Also seems to happen more often when server is full.

Makes me fly long-range bombing runs at off-peak times only.

ping is good, no sign of kicking or what so ever. Just boom back to lobby

Would it be because there were too many people online?  I know one of the servers lets you join when they are overloaded but then kicks you out a few minutes later.

Would it be because there were too many people online?  I know one of the servers lets you join when they are overloaded but then kicks you out a few minutes later.

could be, this happen to me on any server.

As i speak i was full gas on the runway.......back to lobby

ping is good, no sign of kicking or what so ever. Just boom back to lobby

In my experience, the server doesn't tell you that the ping is high.

But when this happens to you, what other players see is server message "Player X has ping over limit" followed immediately by "Player X has been kicked".

In my experience, the server doesn't tell you that the ping is high.

But when this happens to you, what other players see is server message "Player X has ping over limit" followed immediately by "Player X has been kicked".

Im always flying with mate and they dont see the message.

i've no clue from where this can come from? Should i change netword setting in the game settings?

Does anyone know the 100% working procedure how to start the Pe 35 series?

Sometimes it started...sometimes (almost all the time) just started and stopped.

Edited by Kra

Does anyone know the 100% working procedure how to start the Pe 35 series?

Sometimes it started...sometimes (almost all the time) just started and stopped.

Tried it offline with cold start - what worked for me is:

- Before start, ensure the radiators are closed (coolant and oil), and the prop pitch/RPM is at 0%/coarse

- Use normal engine start key (which starts the left, then right in sequence)

- As soon as the left/port engine starts, increase the throttle to about 15% (ensure brakes are on);  If you don't, at idle RPM the engine will overcool and shut down (which is probably what's happening to you)

- As soon as the right/starboard engine starts, increase the throttle as well

- Once the temperature goes up enough such that the overcool warnings go away (not sure of the temp where that happens, for those who don't have the tech text at the right), you should be good to go

Edited by AKA_Relent

- Before start, ensure the radiators are closed (coolant and oil)

- As soon as the left/port engine starts, increase the throttle to about 15%;  If you don't, at idle RPM the engine will overcool and shut down (which is probably what's happening to you)

- Once the temperature goes up enough such that the overcool warnings go away (not sure of the temp where that happens, for those who don't have the tech text at the right), you should be good to go

TY, will check it soon.

P.S. It does not help.

but if you will stop the engines after first try and start them again..usually it helps (or 3rd time)

So, you need 5..8 min to start Pe2... nice...

Edited by Kra

Use separate engine start keys rctrl + 1,  rctrl + 2

Full rich

throttles open to 15%

RPM low

All rads closed

Might take a couple of tries on a stubborn engine. Using separate start you just worry about each engine not both at same time. Warm up time to 40C on Moscow fall about 10 minutes @ 15% throttle the whole time.

Edited by [CPT]Pike*HarryM

Im always flying with mate and they dont see the message.

i've no clue from where this can come from? Should i change netword setting in the game settings?

You have created two accounts, this is probably why it kicks you. AFAIK you are only allowed to have one account where you can switch names in the Profile then.

- Before start, ensure the radiators are closed (coolant and oil), and the prop pitch/RPM is at 0%/coarse

- As soon as the left/port engine starts, increase the throttle to about 15% (ensure brakes are on);  If you don't, at idle RPM the engine will overcool and shut down (which is probably what's happening to you)

As soon as an engine starts set throttle for it (30-40%). Before you start the engines increase RPM to at least 20%.

Hey All just coming back to IL2 and TAw after a LOOONG Uncle Sam Vactaion. the server shows 17/80 I try to join and get kicked. how is that with only 17 and my ping is ok. my login is good am I doing something wrong?? And it shows Downloading files gets100% then back to IL@ menu screen.

Edited by SCG_Borchers

The server is down, Borchers.

If it says "Server Stopped" on www.taw.stg2.de, then you will not be able to connect.

Sorry. Dserver.exe is crashed. 

We must wait of Kathon, he is informed

I think the server is broken just now. I haven't been playing on it for several hours now and the site still says I am.

Use separate engine start keys rctrl + 1,  rctrl + 2

Full rich

throttles open to 15%

RPM low

All rads closed

Might take a couple of tries on a stubborn engine. Using separate start you just worry about each engine not both at same time. Warm up time on Moscow fall about 5 minutes.

Thanks for that. From that video it took about 8 minutes before the first engine reached 40 and about 12 before both engines were warm because it took longer to get the second one started.  Why are you saying it only takes 5 minutes?  Did you forget that you set it to 8X speed while waiting? :-)

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

I did a transport mission in a PE-2 this morning before work.

The whole sortie, including starting and warming engines was 14 minutes. temps were above 40 degrees before take off.

I warm up my engine (in fighter) while taxing to runway. I don't understand all this guys (fighters) that are scared to taxi with cold engine because nothing will happen so dont block spawn.

Thanks for that. From that video it took about 8 minutes before the first engine reached 40 and about 12 before both engines were warm because it took longer to get the second one started.  Why are you saying it only takes 5 minutes?  Did you forget that you set it to 8X speed while waiting? :-)

No, I wasn't paying too much attention to the time actually just that it is possible to start the engines, but I will edit my post, thanks! ;) I think a couple of thinks to speed up departure: Increase throttle once over 30C to put more load on engine and speed up the warmup time. Look at the RPMs which are bouncing around alot when engines cold to indicate the engines are "unhappy" in their current state, when they settle down probably safe to fly. 

OK, I just did another test and despite taking 3 efforts on #1 and 2 on #2 I was able to get it flight ready in 10 minutes, it took 4 minutes to get both engines going so in best (conservative - no extreme RPM bouncing) case (quick starts on engines) you could get it off the ground in 6 or 7 minutes. I also pushed the throttle up more during warm up. A couple of minutes @ 20% and then the remainder of warm up @ 30%

Edited by [CPT]Pike*HarryM

In the Bf 109 E7 you can take off with cold engine. About 60% Throttle and increase it slowly. 

In the Bf 109 E7 you can take off with cold engine. About 60% Throttle and increase it slowly.

Even on winter maps?

Even on winter maps?

Especially on winter maps, since you have more lift on winter maps. Also with full take off weight(4x SC50/1x SC250, Headrest, armored Windshield, extra armored plates and full fuel off 400 lit) it should be no problem to take off in E7.

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi

attention

The slot reservation system is activ today.  Reserved slots: 10 

This means if the server 70/80 slots are displayed. Then you can not connect. Or you will be kicked again automatically

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/?p=563510

• The slot reservation system was created for StG2 and =LG=  admins. The StG2 team rents the hardware server and they usually fly in a large group on Mondays. During the peak hours it was not possible for them to join the server in large group. The =LG= team don’t fly in a large group but sometimes we want to test something. If you are kicked out of the server after joining it means that there are no free slots left.  I will add info on the main page when server is full.
  • Upvote 1

Especially on winter maps, since you have more lift on winter maps. Also with full take off weight(4x SC50/1x SC250, Headrest, armored Windshield, extra armored plates and full fuel off 400 lit) it should be no problem to take off in E7.

Good to know that’s how cold starts can be handled in the game, thanks. Doesn’t seem exactly realistic, though.