=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Hi TAW admins I have a request/idea.

Can your fighter character and bomber character be split? To encourage more ground pounding it would be nice if you could bomb in the attack aircraft and bombers without killing your fighter pilot.

It's obviously not a deal breaker. Would just be nice.

I look forward to the next one and meeting new people and having a laugh. ACG is going LW next campaign.A lot of us are coming over from Cliffs.

I look forward to doing a red campaign too. The P40 is my favorite.

Huge +1 here as well.

Can your fighter character and bomber character be split? To encourage more ground pounding it would be nice if you could bomb in the attack aircraft and bombers without killing your fighter pilot.

+1 great idea

Yes I would like to have this implemented also but stats and hangar separation not by game/TAW accounts but just by plane type used in sorties - bomber/attacker and fighter.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Hmm.  Seems to me a great way to turn ground-attack into even more of a B-team than it already is.

How is that? I think it will actually increase bomber numbers as you will be able to save your fighter stats and commit still commit to bombers without risking losing the fighter streak

I don't see a problem with it to be honest. 

Ground attacker aren't rare. People enjoy doing it, even on LW side. I get that people who mainly fly fighters and for the kill streak don't want to risk it by flying ground attackers but on the other hand it could lead to people using ground attackers wasteful because their aks isn't in danger. Suicide Airfield runs could be a very problematic occurrence with that system for example. 

LG, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being "no chance in hell" and 10 being "a sure thing" what are the chances of campaign kicking off before vacation is over in early Jan. Bypassing tweaks to get a campaign running with all interested, home and on vacation, IMO will do more than a few tweaks that prob will have little to no affect.

Edited by deflectionking

LG, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being "no chance in hell" and 10 being "a sure thing" what are the chances of campaign kicking off before vacation is over in early Jan. Bypassing tweaks to get a campaign running with all interested, home and on vacation, IMO will do more than a few tweaks that prob will have little to no affect.

• Upvote 1

:( ........

Waiting ...

Tumu I hope to be able to fly red again. To have what they say in the squadron, because by rotation it's blue .( we usually fly alternating side in each new edition. )
Edited by Ala13_Antiguo

Doubtful. It just affords those who prefer to fly fighters a chance to not loose their pilots on a GA mission which might not be their primary forte. It wouldn't impact the aircraft attrition at all I suspect. There is still motivation to not just get blown away in a GA mission.

Plus I think it'll encourage fighter pilots to actually use their bombers.

• Upvote 1

Doubtful. It just affords those who prefer to fly fighters a chance to not lose their pilots on a GA mission which might not be their primary forte. It wouldn't impact the aircraft attrition at all I suspect. There is still motivation to not just get blown away in a GA mission.

Plus I think it'll encourage fighter pilots to actually use their bombers.

Fixed it for you.   :P

I'm glad that others liked my idea. If combat sorties could be separate that would also be nice. I understand I'm asking someone to do some work so again if it's low on the totem pole of priority I get it.

Thanks TAW dudes.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper

216th is flying Axis next round.

Are some JGs going VVS this time?

Hahaha ... you are funny. They would most likely quit the game before switching

• Upvote 1

Hahaha ... you are funny. They would most likely quit the game before switching

Thats why there are so many whining posts, the requests for nerfing of red toys ...,

For the ones who never tried the red side, the grass is always greener there and they dont know how much the "blue toys" are in many aspects better...

Anyway I'm already lookin forward to fly blue side this time :)

Thats why there are so many whining posts, the requests for nerfing of red toys ...,

For the ones who never tried the red side, the grass is always greener there and they dont know how much the "blue toys" are in many aspects better...

Anyway I'm already lookin forward to fly blue side this time :)

I fly both side and I did complain about 61k and sniper gunners on pe2. Some of the whining is actually justified. But lets not start with those arguments again hahaha

• Upvote 1

Reading how dificult is fly on blue side... some times, i think on fly for blue side ,  for  once time. For me best way for learn about enemy planes is ride they.

My principal obstacle is my team friends , we stay play on red side for many years. I enjoy flying togheter , And i dont like fly against them. I feel bad .  :)

The other thing is, the most common is TAW need red pilots.

I read that is posible have 2 accounts , one for each side. I  will try fly some mission for the dark side

666ºGIAP still on red side.

:)

Edited by RedEye_Tumu
  • Upvote 1

I read that is posible have 2 accounts , one for each side. I  will try fly some mission for the dark side

666ºGIAP still on red side.

:)

But why is it always guys switching who generally fly VVS quite often? I wish some squads who continously fly blue could be forced to fly the underrepresented side for once, they can still fly on other servers if they don't like that :)

• Upvote 1

Seriously Jordan. Its BS I feel guilty about 19// going Germany his time, when it's only the 3rd time we've gone blue out of what, ten or more TAW campaigns?

I'm just stuffing my guilt back down inside and will go to WoL if blue is stacked when I want to play ;)

I admire Riksen and others that are willing to play both sides in a single campaign, but that sorta ruins the magic of TAW for me unfortunately. The rest of the squad and I are happy to switch sides each campaign tho. I would love to see other squads commit to such a scheme, especially the hordes of German-only squads. There are very few VVS-only squads, and most groups known as "VVS squads" are only so because they balance the sides day in and day out.

Anyway, balance was better last campaign, right? I didn't play much because of holidays and life, but I got that impression. Hopefully things are somewhat balanced this time, at least in my time zone.

What's TWB doing? If they stay red the US time zone should be okay.

• Upvote 2

I'm totally with you there, I'd rather play on another server than switch sides when teams are stacked. No point in feeling guilty, I feel many have played balancer in the past and this is getting really tiresome.

Last round the balance was very good IMHO, at least in the first 2/3rds. Lets hope thats a trend that keeps up..

Edited by 216th_Jordan

I've personally taken a bit of a hiatus from flying, call it a tolerance break... (Star Wars Battlefront 2 has sucked me in big time... nothing like cutting through rebel scum as vader!)

TWB will be here for TAW's next campaign and will likely fly red - however we will switch sides as necessary to keep the numbers competitive.

• Upvote 3

What happens with statistics when you get disconnected? Do you lose your V-life and your streak?

If you were damaged in the last 5 minutes you lose plane and pilot. If you weren't damage you lose your kills from the flight in question, but pilot and plane aren't lost.

So, any prediction of when the new campaign begins?  :rolleyes:  :huh: 

Registered earlier, a few buddies did as well. This might very well be the exact thing we've been looking for to make BoX great for us.

Looking very much forward to giving it a spin when it's back up.

So, any prediction of when the new campaign begins?  :rolleyes:  :huh: 

Hopefully, after the new patch is out so we can enjoy the new planes (La-5FN, P-39, A-20, Yak-7, Bf-109G6) and the improvements they always make to this already awesome system. I would say end of Feb?

Ooooh, I am excited for the A-20. I hope the P-40 will be available for the entire Campaign? It is by far my Favourite so far. 

I too would love to see the P-40 going a bit deeper into the campaign. I am torn. I would really love to play TAW again as soon as possible, but on the other hand I would love to wait until we get the new aircraft as well.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully, after the new patch is out so we can enjoy the new planes (La-5FN, P-39, A-20, Yak-7, Bf-109G6) and the improvements they always make to this already awesome system. I would say end of Feb?

IIRC they already said that January is a go?

Most of the new planes would be only availabel on Kuban historically speaking. But yea, lookimg forward to usong the Mig 3 and P-39 as my workhorses in the next campaign.

I'm kind of hoping that RE and TAW servers come online at around the same time. This way if one is full, I should at least be able to get on the other

Random expert, kind of like TAW, a hardcore server. Currently down.