=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

How many snow maps we have on this TAW??? Do we have Velikye Luki??

maps rotation: #1 Moscow_North, #2 Moscow_South, #3 Stalingrad_Center, #4 Kuban, #5 Moscow_North, #6 Stalingrad_Center, #7 Stalingrad_South, #8 Kuban

The rain and snow has low probability so it doesn't appear very often.
Edited by 8.8cm-Flak-36

Holy cow - my eyes are moist! I never thought I would find any online server like this one!

Kamikaze-Idiots won't like it because of the 5-minute-penalties - yippeeeee!!!!

So, now I only have to learn to fly better and to gain more overview (tough job in a Bf109-greenhousecockpit!),

and learn to find my way back home; and learn to follow orders - and do some damage to the enemies -

but after all that, this might be a great place for years to come!

Thanks to all, who have installed this!!!

Would it be possible to have a little own 2-member-unit (Staffel)?

I saw there are many others, but found no way to enlist one yet. Thanks for any help in advance!

• Upvote 1

Holy cow - my eyes are moist! I never thought I would find any online server like this one!

Kamikaze-Idiots won't like it because of the 5-minute-penalties - yippeeeee!!!!

So, now I only have to learn to fly better and to gain more overview (tough job in a Bf109-greenhousecockpit!),

and learn to find my way back home; and learn to follow orders - and do some damage to the enemies -

but after all that, this might be a great place for years to come!

Thanks to all, who have installed this!!!

Would it be possible to have a little own 2-member-unit (Staffel)?

I saw there are many others, but found no way to enlist one yet. Thanks for any help in advance!

Just go to the squad section and find one you can join:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/17-virtual-squadrons/

Would it be possible to allow someone in a western time zone to be able to restart the server? It often goes down during US night time. I would appreciate this along with many others because we all love this server! Thank you!

• Upvote 1

To -IRRE-Quintus11, I want to apologize again for the friendly fire.  I saw the notice that our convoy was under attack and when I arrived in the area I saw your plane in what appeared to be a glide bomb attack on their very position.  I spotted the dual tail and assumed you were a 110.  I swung onto you, trying to avoid what I thought would be a bomb blast any second.  I fired one burst at distance and your plane caught fire.  This is no excuse but It all happened very quickly.  If you check my stats you'll see this is not something I do very often.  This was not an intentional kill by any stretch of the imagination.

Hi Stick-95, thanks for your explanations, I copy your post directly to Quintus in case he doesn't read it here :)

The text messages are poping a few moments after the event, so you are usually arriving too late to catch ennemy bombers.

To my knowledge, only the alert circles around the airfields icons (on the map) are real time.

Hi again stick . 

nice to hear that from you .

See you in the skies . 

Just for your information : red star means " I do not shot" and Black cross , means  i shot them all ! ;)

Edited by -IRRE-Quintus11

Dear developer team,

is it possible to modify a stat page?

for example

http://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=405

1. Add the column "Sorties". (show the count of sorties by the pilot in the specified mission) after the column "Flight time". Please do not calculate the result "On ground". It makes sense to count  only real flights.

2. Add the sort functionality for the columns there.

3. Add the flight time for both teams.

4 Add the number of supply missions (additional information needed in the detailed view, % of the supply that was done).

5. Please add the statistics about mission action:

A damage that a city (airfield) got. (For all cities, airfields)

A supply that a city (airfield) got.  (For all cities, airfields)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kra

Some additional proposals:

1. Reduce the % of a supply result for the Pe2 plane. Reason: engines will start on Pe2 only in 1 minute and in Ju88 you need at least 1 min more (or add 110e4 for the supply missions). For a usual supply in 7..10 minutes for the red side it makes sense. The german one has to fly at least 1..2 min more for the same distance.

2. Increase % of the supply mission for the Ju52 plane. Reason: Just time to start is about 4!!!!! minutes. Finally for the 2 sorties in Ju52 you need more time than for 4 sorties in Ju88. I suppose we have to show more respect for the PRIMIUM plane for more than 20 euro:)

3. Reduce fuel load for He111, Ju88 for the supply missions. 100% for these planes is definitely not the same as 100% for Pe2.

4. Please check the defense points, for some reason they stays on the map but there are nothing to destroy anymore.

5. Please clarify the tank column composition. It is just very easy task to kill 4x T-IV in Pe2 (4x250) in 90 seconds and the task to kill 4x Kv1 in 2 minutes is only possible with Ju88. (and finally it is not possible at all to do it in 2 min). Seems that the number of the KV1 units should be reduced or the number of german tanks T-IV should be increased.

Edited by Kra

Can you change the layout of the Stalingrad map Airport?

In the middle of the three airports, one of the Soviet Union can quickly support Germany simply can not break。

The map is unbalanced from the beginning

In the end, the whole map competes around the three airports, and Germany is at an absolute disadvantage

86de36e3ly1fm3cl87d8xj20pv0etx06.jpg

Axis start this map with Kalach on their side, so the iron triangle appears only if they lost Kalach. On the other side very close distance to Kalach from Peskovatka and Karpovka may be a problem in that case. Subject to consider. Maybe change Peskovatka to city only (without airfield) or add new Axis airfield east of Gromoskavka  (near lakes) would help. Axis would have ability to attack from south then.

It seems that some of the members of the 1 GAFL have been banned from the server.

Is it a bug or have they done something very silly and didn't tell us ?

Can you PM me which member? I don't ban by name, which may be changed, but by unique client ID. 

Dear developer team,

is it possible to modify a stat page?

for example

http://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=405

1. Add the column "Sorties". (show the count of sorties by the pilot in the specified mission) after the column "Flight time". Please do not calculate the result "On ground". It makes sense to count  only real flights.

2. Add the sort functionality for the columns there.

3. Add the flight time for both teams.

4 Add the number of supply missions (additional information needed in the detailed view, % of the supply that was done).

5. Please add the statistics about mission action:

A damage that a city (airfield) got. (For all cities, airfields)

A supply that a city (airfield) got.  (For all cities, airfields)

Thanks in advance.

I will add those ideas for my long TO-DO list but I don't promise to do it quickly. 

Some additional proposals:

1. Reduce the % of a supply result for the Pe2 plane. Reason: engines will start on Pe2 only in 1 minute and in Ju88 you need at least 1 min more (or add 110e4 for the supply missions). For a usual supply in 7..10 minutes for the red side it makes sense. The german one has to fly at least 1..2 min more for the same distance.

2. Increase % of the supply mission for the Ju52 plane. Reason: Just time to start is about 4!!!!! minutes. Finally for the 2 sorties in Ju52 you need more time than for 4 sorties in Ju88. I suppose we have to show more respect for the PRIMIUM plane for more than 20 euro:)

3. Reduce fuel load for He111, Ju88 for the supply missions. 100% for these planes is definitely not the same as 100% for Pe2.

4. Please check the defense points, for some reason they stays on the map but there are nothing to destroy anymore.

5. Please clarify the tank column composition. It is just very easy task to kill 4x T-IV in Pe2 (4x250) in 90 seconds and the task to kill 4x Kv1 in 2 minutes is only possible with Ju88. (and finally it is not possible at all to do it in 2 min). Seems that the number of the KV1 units should be reduced or the number of german tanks T-IV should be increased.

1-3 Bombers are used as transport planes temporary, as soon as Li-2 is available then only Ju-52 and Li-2 can be used as transport planes.

4. Please provide mission number

5. The probability of tank's appearance is: 

10% KV-1 | 30% PzKpfw IV and 30% Stug III    for maps 1-3

20% KV-1 | 30% PzKpfw IV and 50% Stug III    for maps 4+ 

What is your proposition?

I will add those ideas for my long TO-DO list but I don't promise to do it quickly. 

1-3 Bombers are used as transport planes temporary, as soon as Li-2 is available then only Ju-52 and Li-2 can be used as transport planes.

4. Please provide mission number

5. The probability of tank's appearance is: 

10% KV-1 | 30% PzKpfw IV and 30% Stug III    for maps 1-3

20% KV-1 | 30% PzKpfw IV and 50% Stug III    for maps 4+ 

What is your proposition?

Maybe I can help? I have no background for HTML but have time to study it (have background for Oracle DB (senjor level) and c# desktop applications). Just inform me what to check and I am ready for cooperation. It will be great to see the stats at least in the same way as the WOL project has. We have a lot of people that want to analyse why we lost or won the map:))))

The plane Li2 is announced..but no one know, when it will be accessible... I saw a lot of supply mission on the red side last week that were done in 7..8 !!!!!! minutes. That means that the lost of the plane will be replaced in 21 minutes... And these players did these missions only to get CM missions... to restore the fighters. Too easy to be good for the perfect online war, i suppose. 

the No 4. is just general request. Not for the specified mission. Currently it is not clear why the city or AF has the current damage level. We bomb or supply a lot but can't understand why the result is not as wished... If the stat will be there everyone can understand how it works and what is better to do for the team.

5. Currently i don't have any proposal. The number of T-III should be reduced as much as possible... To easy to be destroyed..

30% PzKpfw IV and 50% Stug III

does it mean that 20% for TIII?

Edited by Kra

Additional:

• Count "Longest X Streak", not only total and current Streak. 
  • Could "Ditched" Missions still result in at least a 1-3 Missions delayed, 50% Combat Mission? So if you ditch your plane near an Airfield you get a 50% CM after the Pane is returned to Hangar?
  • When I fly a Mission and Landing Gear is destroyed or I have to Belly Land for other Reasons, I still did my duty and returned the Plane.
  • Allow Tank Columns to be resupplied and repaired by 52 would also help I think, by dropping Cargo Containers. 

Response to the other Points: 

• According to Production Numbers Soviet Light Tanks should account for about 40% of a Column, 40% Medium (T-34) and 20% Heavy Tanks (KV-1). 
  • Solution: Disabling AP only Belts for Il-2s with VYa-23. And maybe give the Germans one or two more AA Guns per column, since german AA Guns tend to be somewhat less effective given their lower rate of fire. I haven't flown russians this campaign, so I can't really comment, but to Germans AA Guns are a very real threat, causing a very large number of losses. 
  • If there is a Stat on how many Germans and Russian Pilots and Planes are lost due to AA Fire I think there would be a very large discrepancy. 

And a maybe:

• Pre-Selection of what Aircraft we want resupplied next? So if I need a Bf110 but only get 111s and 88s it does drive me up the Wall a bit.

Maybe we could even have a System where you customize the Number of Slots for each type. 

Example: Every Player starts with a Pool of Slot Points ONLY FOR DISTRIBUTION OF AVILABLE SLOTS IN THE HANGAR, NOT RESUPPLY, lets say 25 Points. The Planes are divided into "x1" and "x2" types, or "old" and "new"

• 1 Slot for 1 Plane Type is 1 Slot Point 
  • 2 Slots for 1 Plane Type are 5 Slot Points 
  • 3 Slots for 1 Plane Type are 15 Slot Points
  • x1 and type x2 Aircraft are like Bf110E (x1 Points) and Bf110G (x2 Points), so you can have more old types and fewer new types. 

Stalinggrad 1943:

So a Super Fighter Pilot could have 2 Bf109G-4s "x2" ( 10 Points) and 3 Bf109F-4s "x1" (15 Points) = 25 Points and these are slots he resupplies with CMs

A Normal Strike Pilot could have 1 Ju-88A-4 "x1" (1 Point) + 2 Bf110E "x1" (5 Points) + 2 Ju-87 "x1" (5 Points) + 2 Bf110Gs "x2" (10 Points) + 1 Fw190 "x2" (2 Points) + 1 Hs129 "x2" (2 Points) = 25 Points. 

A Bomber Pilot could have 2 He-111H-16 "x2" (10 Points) and 3 Ju-88 "x1" (15 Points) = 25 Points. 

Everybody gets Ju-52s and Bomber Transports for free though. 

This would be great for customizing your Hangar. 

And maybe the higher your Rank, the more Slot Points you get. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann
  • Upvote 1

• Solution: Disabling AP only Belts for Il-2s with VYa-23. And maybe give the Germans one or two more AA Guns per column, since german AA Guns tend to be somewhat less effective given their lower rate of fire. I haven't flown russians this campaign, so I can't really comment, but to Germans AA Guns are a very real threat, causing a very large number of losses. 
  • If there is a Stat on how many Germans and Russian Pilots and Planes are lost due to AA Fire I think there would be a very large discrepancy. 

I really need to fly on german side for once.. German Tank AA shoots you from the sky from 2km out and they usually got 6 or 7 of them, can't imagine what it would be for germans then.

If anything, it should become easier not harder for all.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

I really need to fly on german side for once.. German Tank AA shoots you from the sky from 2km out and they usually got 6 or 7 of them, can't imagine what it would be for germans then.

I suspect strongly that just comparing losses due to AA wont be giving a good result. Since it completly neglects tactics. I see so often blue ground attackers just diving onto the target without any fighter destroying or dragging the flak. 

I have the feeling that the reds are a little more prepared.And then there is of course the old topic "aircraft toughness and speed". That litte rustly slowpoke of a Stuka can't take that much.

I've thought the same and played the whole random expert campaign as german (which just finished when current TAW started) and I must say that's wayyy easier on german side.

Not only the fighters are better in my opinion (in most cases if something goes wrong You can disengage almost at will...) but the ground pounding possibilities are far far better. Even the ME110 carries same bomb load as PE2 with better manuverability and similar if not grater speed. Not speaking about the FW190 with its 500kg bomb which is half the load of PE2. HE111 with its 1000kgs demolishing the depots with such ease...

Also the mythical PE2 defensive capabilities -I find the PE2 as difficult to shoot down as Ju88 or HE111. If You don't come close and first aim at one engine than another it goes as nicely down as any other. If You sit on JU88 or 111 six You are shoot down as easily as if You would be sitting on PE2 six. 

In this link see the Random statistics of the campaign :

http://il2expert.ru/en?tourid=8

with less flight hours Germans shoot down 300+ more aircraft and destroyed 17 635!!!! more ground targets

So I'll be playing next random or taw as germans

I suspect strongly that just comparing losses due to AA wont be giving a good result. Since it completly neglects tactics. I see so often blue ground attackers just diving onto the target without any fighter destroying or dragging the flak. 

I have the feeling that the reds are a little more prepared.And then there is of course the old topic "aircraft toughness and speed". That litte rustly slowpoke of a Stuka can't take that much.

The german aaa is very deadly at the columns. You've got 7 or 8 aaa at each column. 

We can only survive when we overwhelm it, while attacking with several planes same time.

As we did several times today attacking in groups of 5 to 8 planes

Also the mythical PE2 defensive capabilities -I find the PE2 as difficult to shoot down as Ju88 or HE111. If You don't come close and first aim at one engine than another it goes as nicely down as any other. If You sit on JU88 or 111 six You are shoot down as easily as if You would be sitting on PE2 six. 

My last expirience says (35 sorties at WOL with Pe2), 

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/ru/pilot/18660/Kra/?tour=27

that you are wrong.

Edited by Kra

AA.jpg

The 61-K do the most loses in Axis pilots and planes. The number of pilots and sorties for Axis and Allied are very similar. 

• Upvote 4

I'm sorry but I dont see Your point - 3 kills in 35 missions in pe2, several times shoot down - what does it prove?

it proves how many times I returned home and that I had some experience about Pe2 and it is just not about "blah blah blah". For the OKL side you can divide it at least for 5. 

P.S. And my fighter experience by the OKL side proves the conclusions that I made about Pe2 on the red side.

for example, here

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/ru/sortie/log/2352623/?tour=27

you can see, how many minutes you need to kill 4 PzKpfw IV Ausf.F1

and for sure it works in the same way for TAW and WOL...

Edited by Kra

AA.jpg

The 61-K do the most loses in Axis pilots and planes. The number of pilots and sorties for Axis and Allied are very similar. 

That can of course only be explained by Pilot Skill and Tactics of course. See absolutely no Problem whatsoever at all here. 

it proves how many times I returned home and that I had some experience about Pe2 and it is just not about "blah blah blah". For the OKL side you can divide it at least for 5. 

P.S. And my fighter experience by the OKL side proves the conclusions that I made about Pe2 on the red side.

for example, here

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/ru/sortie/log/2352623/?tour=27

you can see, how many minutes you need to kill 4 PzKpfw IV Ausf.F1

and for sure it works in the same way for TAW and WOL...

I'm sorry I still dont see it.

PE2 has very limited field of fire of bottom 12,7mm gun and very limited ammo of all 12,7mm guns -its only dangerous if You come close from 6 o'clock or fly by it at very close range in the fireing arck of 12,7mm guns.

if one knows what he is doing the pe2 is not more dangerous than ju88

As for the tanks there are many aaa in the columns - you will be dead or damaged when You take them on your own.

when they are down(the AAA) the ju88 is even better - just take those 48 bombs and fly along the column dropping them like bomblets....

Edited by Carl_infar

I'm sorry I still dont see it.

there is nothing new for me. Usually red players say that Pe2 is not better than 110e4.

But as i said before I have my own opinion and personally will use Pe2 with 4x250 almost for all cases instead of 110e4 or Ju88 with 4x500.

1. You can climb 3k just in 7 min.

2. You can dive 800km/h

3. You can fly fast enough at 7k

AA.jpg

So the 61-k shot down roughly the same number of planes as the German AA combined. I don't know if this is because German planes are more fragile, the 61-K has the blessing of the great leader himself or it is secretly radar guided, but these numbers can't be explained with tactics and smart attacking alone.. I think either the German AA should be buffed or the Russian AA be toned down a little.

Like others have said I think part of the problem is that in the game the AI only starts tracking once the target is in range, greatly reducing the effectiveness of smaller caliber AA like the Flak 38.

Edited by Finnsky

So the 61-k shot down roughly the same number of planes as the German AA combined. I don't know if this is because German planes are more fragile, the 61-K has the blessing of the great leader himself or it is secretly radar guided, but these numbers can't be explained with tactics and smart attacking alone.. I think either the German AA should be buffed or the Russian AA be toned down a little.

Like others have said I think part of the problem is that in the game the AI only starts tracking once the target is in range, greatly reducing the effectiveness of smaller caliber AA like the Flak 38.

What I read was that 61k AAA was the soviets most effective AA gun. Maybe just remove the 61k from the TAW missions and the balance should be there.

Of course just Wikipedia but:

Guns of this type were successfully used throughout the Eastern Front against dive bombers and other low- and medium-altitude targets. It also had some usefulness against lightly armoured ground targets. Crews of the 37 mm AD guns shot down 14,657 Axis planes.[4] The mean quantity of 37 mm ammunition to shoot down one enemy plane was 905 rounds.[4]

Edited by 216th_Jordan

What I read was that 61k AAA was the soviets most effective AA gun. Maybe just remove the 61k from the TAW missions and the balance should be there.

Of course just Wikipedia but:

Either that or give the Germans some larger caliber AA as well. Afaic they have nothing between 2 cm and 8.8 cm right now. I mean attacking Russian tanks is not impossible, the AA is no wonderweapon. But it seems to be much more effective than the German one

Either that or give the Germans some larger caliber AA as well. Afaic they have nothing between 2 cm and 8.8 cm right now. I mean attacking Russian tanks is not impossible, the AA is no wonderweapon. But it seems to be much more effective than the German one

From my observations while me flying Germans on Random expert and current play style of many blue players on taw I don't see any difference in AAA intensity between red and blue sides.

But most of the attack approches which I've seen on TAW by blue players was just wrong. Not only, most that I've seen were attacking singlehanded but also the attack profile was bad.

The real military groundpounders are thought to change all 3 variables while attacking - the speed the hight and the angle. The Blues that I've seen are making straight approach into the barrels of aaa guns (they change only the hight and the speed). You schould approach and dive with a turn, straighten only for the final moment and never climb after attack.

When I forget myself in a PE2 and fly straight for too long while diving into aaa barels I always get shoot down.

Anyway since the numbers between blues and reds equalized now (it was too many blue plyers previous campaigns). I'll play finally germans next campaign, which have the planes that I prefer. 

Edited by Carl_infar

You can however not really compare TAW with RE AAA guns as they have different setups and different AI levels.

I'd say just leave the 61k out and replace it by a 72k or something.

You can however not really compare TAW with RE AAA guns as they have different setups and different AI levels.

I'd say just leave the 61k out and replace it by a 72k or something.

Russians don't have the JU52 for paradrops so schould it also be left out. 

They also don't have the 1000kg bombs, the fighters are slower, bombers take less bombs ....

• Upvote 1

They also don't have the 1000kg bombs, the fighters are slower, bombers take less bombs ....

quite right ... That is the reason why we need more statistical data before some changes.

How about if we will make LW and blue stuff for blue side and LW and blue stuff for red side so we can have all balanced.

I like your answer. :)

We will never have balanced campaign, although we try to make it somehow but we will not have it. Just like Carl said one side has better "X" things and other "Y" things. Try to get used to it and think how to attack to avoid death. And speaking about tactics, what I saw this campaign is plenty of suicide lonewolves AF attacks in 109s etc. so it do the job too with @up stats. So good job LW suicide wolves with helping reds winning maps. Thanks ! :salute: