=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

:fly:  =gRiJ= Escuadron

Many thanks to the team of administrators since it is not easy task to cheer all the participants

Edited by =gRij=ToReRo

We are currently working, thanks to Skv_Serafim, on translation TAW to Russian language (web site, mission files, data base etc) and we hope that it will attract more players :) It wasn't easy task as I thought at the beginning but It's almost finished now. Teammates from LG are working on enlarging maps (adding more cities and airfields). Few bugs must be fixed and I want to add some new improvements. 

So we have to wait a little bit longer for a new campaign.

For GFW and VPN's sake,we also need translation to Chinese.T_T :lol:  

看着墙和VPN的份儿上,我们也要中文。T_T :lol:  

Where do I go to join a squad that is active on the TAW server?

When TAW starts again, I'm interested in playing as a Sturmovik pilot for the Soviet Air Forces (ground objective attack) or as a Focke-Wulf pilot for the Luftwaffe (ground objective defense). 

Where do I go to join a squad that is active on the TAW server?

When TAW starts again, I'm interested in playing as a Sturmovik pilot for the Soviet Air Forces (ground objective attack) or as a Focke-Wulf pilot for the Luftwaffe (ground objective defense). 

For squads you can go and see TAW web -> http://taw-server.de/squads.php also http://taw-server.de/ a bit lower than map at left side you can see official TAW teamspeak. Usually there are some guys/squads sitting there and flying.

When does it start... soon :)

I just registered for TAW but it's not showing up in my Multiplayer server list in game.....what am I missing?

You're missing few posts above ;) Please read first.

Current campaign is under development. Stand by for further news.

Translation to Russian language -> finished.

Enlargement of Stalingrad_South map -> finished.

Enlargement of Moscow_North map -> in progress.

New layout of defense position -> finished

New depot (larger, individually designed for different cities) -> in progress.

Some improvements -> finished.

We hope to start the new campaign in the next weekend. 

• Upvote 9

We are expecting the season IX, happy to hear this news!

We III./JG5 squadron are in the GMT +8, and will join the LUFT in the season IX,

But so few gamers in TAW who are also in this time zone, especially in the RED side.

I am not ask for a balcance. I am wondering some pilots can join into the VVS.

We are not that much skilled, just expect a funny fighting, we dont want 30 vs 10, I believe a 20 vs 20 would more fun. lol

I  believe every pilots who like to play in this server, are becuase it is a war simulator.

I think we can have a deal before the start of the new season, which squadron will join into the LUFT, which will join the RED.

So in that way will bring us more expect.

hahaha.

We are expecting the season IX, happy to hear this news!

We III./JG5 squadron are in the GMT +8, and will join the LUFT in the season IX,

But so few gamers in TAW who are also in this time zone, especially in the RED side.

I am not ask for a balcance. I am wondering some pilots can join into the VVS.

We are not that much skilled, just expect a funny fighting, we dont want 30 vs 10, I believe a 20 vs 20 would more fun. lol

I  believe every pilots who like to play in this server, are becuase it is a war simulator.

I think we can have a deal before the start of the new season, which squadron will join into the LUFT, which will join the RED.

So in that way will bring us more expect.

hahaha.

What about you? Never saw you guys on ze other side? :)

Hydra will go LW this time as long as there are enough players on VVS. We plan to keep that pattern. We switch every new campain.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 2

What about you? Never saw you guys on ze other side? :)

Hydra will go LW this time as long as there are enough players on VVS. We plan to keep that pattern. We switch every new campain.

We tried once, and planned to change side after the season XI, because we had a deal with another squadron, they will fly VVS for 2 season, we fly for the LUFT, and then change side.

hahaha

• Upvote 1

We can try making a list. I'll make one few days before campaign start.

I suggest that the time zone of these squadron as a remark can in the list, then we will know that we will meet which squadron in the server

hahaha

We can try making a list. I'll make one few days before campaign start.

I suggest that the time zone of these squadron as a remark can in the list, then we will know that we will meet which squadron in the server

hahaha

Does thisit server have ju52 missions? WoL is fun but ju52 is rare there, not really supported plane.

I also noticed while browsing TAW website that there are medals, just like WoL but it's censored while WoL is not. If they could make historical medals then what's the problem here?

I also noticed while browsing TAW website that there are medals, just like WoL but it's censored while WoL is not. If they could make historical medals then what's the problem here?

There are some countries where it is not allowed to show the Hakenkruez. TAW clearly respects these laws. WoL does not.

There are some countries where it is not allowed to show the Hakenkruez. TAW clearly respects these laws. WoL does not.

Yes, but isn't WoL hosted in a country that has such a law? 

hqdefault.jpg

Lol, like anyone would care about that, i also dont see reason why pushing other countries without this stupid law. There is just so many games with this stuff and everyone can buy it on steam for example, maybe just germans got it censored.

Btw. Thanks for answer, that "nobody cares is for law not you. (:

@SvAF/F19_Tomten

Good :lol:

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 2

How does team speak work on the TAW server? How does one access team speak? (I see on the TAW website the address and password, but where do you plug in the address and password?)

And do the majority of players even coordinate, or do most just fly without any coordination (like in Wings of Liberty)?

I'm hoping for a coordinated Soviet campaign. Not a f*^% fest like in WoL. 

You download Teamspeak, and type in the Adress and the PW..

It is kind of coordinated, at least a lot more as on WOL...because your life and the planes count, you will see a lot less of "suicide" Runs.

It is way more coordinated on both sides, you sometimes see coordinated and planned attacks with 20+ Planes

The new season will be started in this weekend?

Probably yes :)

More info today late evening. 

New TAW campaign starts 28.05.2017 Sunday morning.

What's new:

• Support for Russian language
  • New bigger maps: Moscow_North and Stalingrad_South (pictures of new airfields are not available at the moment. They will be added after few days)
  • New depot. Now each depot is different and consist of larger number of buildings. 
  • New layouts of defense position. Half of the strength of defense is in tanks and anti-tank artillery, next 30% in dugouts and the rest in armored trucks and BM13. Number of AA was increased.
  • Number of tanks in convoy increased to 20. Now tank convoy counts almost 40 vehicles.
  • AI level of AA in random troops lowered. Number of AA increased at bridges.
  • Layout of objects on the airfields slightly changed.
  • After capturing enemy city the nearby airfield is closed for one mission (it's in repair)
  • On each map there two or tree "border cities" per side located far away from the front line. You can identify those on the map by a little dot near airfield icon on the TAW main page.Those airfields and defense position are constantly supplied after each mission. They are closed only for one mission if repaired. You can takeoff from those airfields by transport planes even its damage is more than 40%. They can also send supply convoys to other cities even if having high damage.
  • Slightly changed plane set: 

planeset_v1_4_7.jpg

• VYa23 is not available for the IL-2 AM-38 '41 on the first map #1
  • Sh37 is limited for the IL-2 AM-38 ’42. Limitation depends on depot destruction.
  • IL-2 AM-38F '43 added to map #6 and #7
  • SC1000 is limited for the He 111 H-6. It’s not available on front-line airfields and limitation depends on depot destruction.
  • SC1000+ forbidden in Ju-88
  • If you want to change your pilot's name during the campaign please register then log in and change name in Pilot Profile on the main page. If you create new account (the same side) it will be automatically locked. 
  • Manual is up to date.

Registration is open.

Good luck!
  • Upvote 5

Could someone explain to me what not valid plane means ? I bombed a bridge, and some aa with a ju87, and 2 * 250kg bombs and one * 500, and the stats say I hit no ground targets and that it's not a valid plane ?

Yet I took the bridge out, for the duration of that map :(

Edited by herne6210