Han

Developer Diary, Part 121 - Discussion

Hello!

After 1.107 release, Battle of Moscow project is nearly finished. Ju-88 exterior model, flight physics and armament are finished and we are working on cockpit instruments and audio at the moment. The aircraft fleshes out to be an interesting one:

Our artists have finished drawing Battle of Moscow campaign medals:

Scenarios for unique static missions (in addition to dynamic missions) in the campaign were approved, so scripting process started. Such missions were introduced in Battle of Stalingrad summer campaign. There will be two static missions per phase, campaign consists of five phases, resulting in 10 unique static missions in total. Here is the list:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 9

the Ju-88 looks so amazing, can't wait to fly it :) Can you tell us what load outs will be available, or is this a topic for a separate DD?

Ju-88 was one of my most favourite bombers in old Sturm.Happy to fly it soon with up-to-date FM.Good luck finishing it on time together with the rest of BoM stuff ;)

The Ju 88 has always been a looker :) It's gonna be so beautiful when viewed through the gunsight of my 4xUB MiG :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Ju-88 was one of my most favourite bombers in old Sturm.Happy to fly it soon with up-to-date FM.Good luck finishing it on time together with the rest of BoM stuff ;)

I think there's a good chance we could see the Ju88 before the end of the month. Official release with completed Moscow map and campaign, look to March or April.

I got so much on my business trip schedule for next weeks (Germany and Italy) that most probably I will miss the release date fever :)

The campaign static misssions are a good idea, I wish we had more, so that we can play a "static" campaign without having to play "random missions"

That's a great looking Junkers!

Nice to hear news about the campaign! Those missions look very interesting to me.

Also looking forward for those other campaign improvements that is coming this year. Campaign and especially its missions have improved much since release :)

Pleeeeeease can someone convert the campaign missions to co-op!

von Tom

• Upvote 1

Great update. The Ju-88 looks brilliant.

The scripted missions are something I'm looking forward too. I hope for more improvements on the campaign front though.:)

It'll be like a faster, sturdier, more maneuverable, HE111 ;) and hopefully it has the option for giant connons!

• Upvote 1

Looks a bit more "fleshed out" of a release than the initial release of Battle of Stalingrad was. Although I am no big fan of the earned medal( even these dandy ones designed by 777) & skins campaign set up,the new scenarios for Missions look better. I look forward to using the PWCG with it.

Am happy to be on the ground floor so to speak! :salute:

The slight buckling of the Ju-88 stressed-metal skin looks absolutely gorgeous and photo-realistic, well done!

How does the ju88 compare to bf110 and he111 in climb rate and speed?

I assume the heinkel is the slowest, but what about the bf110?

The announcements about the scripted missions is a ray of hope for many of us SP. It give us the hope that the responsible people of 1C/777 Studios have realized the value of a good campaign in a flight sim. Thousands of SP long back in the times of the original IL-2 Sim with all its thrilling, immersive campaigns. We wish that such actions will pay off for 1C/777. We SP only need the products to buy them.

• Upvote 2

I looked this up before but i was a bit disapointed. In climb it's only a little bit faster than the Heinkel. Only the top speed it much higher.

Grt M

• Upvote 2

The announcements about the scripted missions is a ray of hope for many of us SP. It give us the hope that the responsible people of 1C/777 Studios have realized the value of a good campaign in a flight sim. Thousands of SP long back in the times of the original IL-2 Sim with all its thrilling, immersive campaigns. We wish that such actions will pay off for 1C/777. We SP only need the products to buy them.

:salute:

This site has some good info on Ju-88 performence: http://www.ju88.equitatura.de/performance_e.htm

Leistung1.jpg

Leistung2.jpg

Depending on which engine it gets (Jumo 211 F / Jumo 211 J) it could become a superbly fast bomber with performence similar to the Pe-2. It's not quite on the level of the Bf-110 though.

• Upvote 2

Really looking fantastic. :salute:

You guys are monopolizing my available flight sim time these days!  I was running a mission last night and fell asleep once I gained cruising alt.  Woke up ~7 min. later at the action point, same relative altitude :lol:

- Flyable Ju-52m3 Supporter 

Edited by e345spd

Fantastic to see the Ju 88 blossoming. This is the sole reason why I got into BoS/BoM and I'm really looking forward to it.

Looking good as usual, well done.

I'm really enjoying the I-16, I can't wait to see more skins and meaningful missions for it.

Top notch badge art! Very impressive indeed.

:fly:

Edit: I like this smiley better! 

Edited by HippyDruid

the Ju-88 looks so amazing, can't wait to fly it :) Can you tell us what load outs will be available, or is this a topic for a separate DD?

My guess would be :

- Those SC50 racks we see on the pictures

- SC1000

- SC1800

- The clamp to use the forward firing MG15 from the pilot seat

- Maybe the outer wing bombs, as they are not very common on actual pictures of the plane