Calling all PC gamers! A great Video(if you havent seen it already).

Grab a Coffee or beer and look at how far we have with technology  with our PC gaming . Only a few years ago we had boxes and triangles on our  CR "Monitors" !

Surprise at No 3 !!! ~S~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXk14PWqI5w

Edit : I think sometimes,us Flightsim  guys should take a step back and think about how far we have come before we demand Perfection !... Especially, when  we are such a small segment of the PC Gaming Global Market !

Edited by jaydee
  • Upvote 1

True, I remember in 1982 trying to fit a joystick to my Apple ][+ (+=128K mem) it couldn't be done and the salesman told me that we had to wait a decade into the next century (2010) before computers where developed enough to handle flightsims. Wow, I will never see that! I thought, but here I am...

Master 

The one that used the Game trailer instead of actual ingame footage  ;)  :biggrin:

Although that vid is an excellent general example of how far things have moved graphics wise in a remarkably short time, its site (channel?) does seem to throw together content without much research or care.

The first "sim" I ever played was a racing F1 game at Silverstone, you had a map of the track and it progressed in 'turns' where you would input brake or throttle inputs as a value out of 10...LoL and this was on a enormously expensive computer

and my first flight sim consisted of a wire frame HUD with triangle targets, black and white of course..or was that green and black?

Yep graphics and physics have come a long way!!

Cheers Dakpilot

Assetto Corsa is gorgeous

Surprised they did not put in Code Masters Dirt Rally

it is the hardest game I have ever played and unforgiving

and graphically perfect in every aspect.

If you do not have ARMA III you must ask yourself if you are a true gamer

the game is perfect..

Assetto Corsa is certainly not the best graphically looking racing game either....but i guess when you consider the size/area shown in a driving sim it is expected to have more potential from graphic, bigger market and budgets also

driving/racing sims are not far from reaching the 'photrealistic' holy grail, already there in some cases regarding car modelling.

That site is just 'clickbait' for passing Utube traffic, for ad revenue..not to be taken very seriously

Cheers Dakpilot

They've all come a long way.  I think the Flight Sim games have done a one step forward, two steps back though in some of their developments.  Especially in the 'Combat Simulators'.  Our fingers and wrists get more exercise now on the forums typing out how realistic we are compared to the other guy than actually toggling the stick..(Careful with that one!!!  lol)  It's almost a pain in the butt to get online and fly with a group now.  Everyone is a cheater, or a hacker, or a this or a that.  Not all...but enough in a small niche community to make a loud noise.  

Nobody just...plays....anymore.  It's all good.  It's evolution, and I know that.  The graphics and immersion is worlds different than only a few years ago.  Compare DCS to MSCFS of 1998 and SOME things have improved a great deal....others, maybe not so much.  Just prettier packages, higher hardware requirements, exponentially more expensive hobby, and ten online Forums for every genre where we can talk about it.

S! 

Assetto Corsa is certainly not the best graphically looking racing game either....but i guess when you consider the size/area shown in a driving sim it is expected to have more potential from graphic, bigger market and budgets also

driving/racing sims are not far from reaching the 'photrealistic' holy grail, already there in some cases regarding car modelling.

That site is just 'clickbait' for passing Utube traffic, for ad revenue..not to be taken very seriously

Cheers Dakpilot

Assetto Corsa is not graphically high  but the coding for driving is quite good.

Get yourself a wheel and install Code Masters Dirt Rally at max settings Dakpilot you will be surprised.

Very hard to keep the car on the road at high speeds it gets loose and you do not feel the car on your FF wheel

The Graphics are better than BOS/BOM.When I do the replay it looks like you are watching your car on T.V.

with camera shots and angles and car cams.

Love losing control and smashing into snowbanks.

Never get too much damage in the4 snow lol :biggrin:

That game is worth every penny. 

Edited by WTornado

What is now capable in racing sims is very impressive 

post-6177-0-22729600-1454434480_thumb.jpg

raw in game screenshot

however they only have to consider only a few square kilometres  not several thousands like BoS map

I have been observing Dirt Rally through development and it seems very impressive so far, with very good reception even from hardcore simmers, will wait a little longer, but it is on my 'watchlist'

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 2

nice. some of those are just taken at right condition however. prepar3d is old as hell when you actually play it and see more than just a few angles under overcast condition(always guaranteed to give good results due to diffuse lighting be easier to render realistically)

a lot of the others ones have not been proven or are just laughable. why is the second life/gta clone on the list? not a credible list.