Sign in to follow this  
Jupp

Into the Void

~S~ CRC,

At :28s in, it's the tiny black dot above the trees on the left.

So strictly speaking, it is still a flight simulator video.  :cool:

Glad you liked it!

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

Edited by Jupp

Nice feel to it.

And we need more tankers, more drivable tanks and infantry. Did I say more tanks? ;)

~S~ Fellows,

I was not interested in the tanks until I reviewed how to include them in multiplayer.

That led to me investigating how to get the rocket artilleries to be reliable attackers.

Which, has culminated in one of the coolest little mission sorties that I've made yet.

There's a lot of fun to be had in running a well executed simplified tank simulator in BoS/M.

Looking forward to the other various sessions their availability has opened up for us all. :russian_ru: 

Blue Skies,

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

Bo_S_Jupp_T34.jpg

Did you use an attack ground order, or attack ground targets? With ground targets, you'll be lucky if you escape alive. These rocket artilleries can be deadly, especially the Russian ones that can fire from 5+km.

Edited by coconut

Did you use an attack ground order, or attack ground targets? With ground targets, you'll be lucky if you escape alive. These rocket artilleries can be deadly, especially the Russian ones that can fire from 5+km.

Is attack ground target deadly at all priorities?

Nice video Jupp!

Edited by JimTM

~S~ Coconut and Jim,

The answer is no, I did not use any Attack Area MCU or the ilk. It's Force Complete (set to priority Low).

I cannot answer questions that I do not have the answers for, only speculate about certain things that I have observed.

I know that you can reference the Artillery Ranges, by unpacking the gtp files. I read that on a forum post somewheres.

I did not do that yet. Although I could as I have the software and already unpacked materials in skinning interests before...

But I digress. I merely place things where I want them, observe their actions, and then adjust according to trial and error.

Now then, I made screen shot, so you can see the set up I created, which works both for the Russian bm13, and German sdkfz251 szf.

The cool thing about the sdkfz251 szf, is that when targets get close range it defends itself with machine gun fire. The bm13 doesn't have that!

Anyway, there's a lot more to the conversation, better left to the ME Section. I will leave this next bit here though, for anyone who cares to reference it. 

Some details now, such as, this is an un-Enabled spawn, only triggered by the CZ (ID 1550), which you can see get's it's activation by the 2s Timer (ID 719) which, is activated by "X" manner.

Which makes me want to mention that I have now built Multiplayer Missions with zero Mission Begin MCUs. The Event of a player spawning in, at an Airfield, or "Depot" handles that once "X" case. 

Anyway, back to the tour. 2s (ID 1547) after an enemy Vehicle target, comes Closer to the Sphere Check Zone, the Spawner is Triggered, 1s after that the CZ is Deactivated (ID 1553) to prevent respawning...

2s (ID 1543) after spawning, Force Complete (ID1544) is triggered (don't understand, F-Complete supposedly makes something execute the last order given, yet, no Attack or AttackArea MCUs are required?)

which only then makes the spectacular rocket barrages do their worst at hitting any enemy ground targets, within their respective ranges, or until the defending unit (bm13 or a sdkfz251 szf) is dispatched.

That's an Event in the properties of the unit in question where I use (OnKilled), target linked to a 30 minute Timer (ID 1542) (which is just specific to this mission, as the minimal respawn time for a ground

unit, could be 8 minutes, to allow for the complete despawn of a wrecked or burning model, when Delete after Death is also "Ticked" (meaning enabled or =1) in the unit's properties... but anyway...

after that ((30m) or (X is =  to or > 8m)) delay of time, the CZ is then re-Activated, allowing the unit to respawn, for players that come late to the party, or, as one sees fit to adjust for "X" in mission designs.

I use the Force Completes to align the units with the Check Zones (not really shown properly here), however, it doesn't matter where the Force Complete icon is placed, only that the unit "faces the enemy".

So there you have it, free standing, portable, highly engaging units, that can be recycled, or not, in any mission building as you see fit.

Courtesy of the United States Army School of Aviation Logistics.

In a round about way. ;)

Bo_S_bm13_ME.jpg

Keep 'em Flying,

!S - Jupp- :salute: 

Edited by Jupp