A-E-Hartmann

Bf-109 F2 Skins

i start a new topic, talking about it  

Hi Guys. I've been testing, and the skins of the Bf 109 F4 go perfectly in Bf109F2

All Skins created the Bf109 F4  are bf109F2 Historically, I have placed in the folder F2 and are perfect

Saltue Lothar29

Edited by E69_Lothar29

Hello,

My very first skin for IL2 BOS were some Bf109F-2 based on the F4 template.

I'm waiting for the official template of the F2 to update them.

At the time there were 3 skins :

150121-BF109F2-JG2-001.jpg

150120-BF109F2-JG2-001.jpg

150118-BF109F2-JG2-005.jpg

You can have more details on the ZSF site : http://www.unbound-frogs.org/zsf/category/avions/bf109f/

Now the template is about to be available, these skins shall be updated and I'll let you know when to download them !

• Upvote 3

Beautiful work bud.  ;)

Any chance of getting the complete skin package by Zargos?  All of your skins in one zip?

I'll make an update as soon as the F2 template is available.

Zargo, that first F2 (Blue 1) looks particularly great.  Thanks for letting us know that the F4 skins will work on the F2.  S!

So given that the template for Bf109F-2 and F4 is the same I decided to use my F4 template and modify some of my older skins that represent the version F2.

remake.jpg?ver=0

And create 3 new skins still in camo scheme from the time of the Battle of Britain.

early.jpg?ver=0

Attached link provides access to a folder Bf109F-2. Choose what you want to download skins.

Uncensored download:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/owcic21vluvn8/Bf109F-2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for letting us know that the F4 skins will work on the F2. S!

They will.

But they use a F4 template with some differences that you can see only if you look very closely !

For many of us that would'nt matter, for some orhers it would be a sacrilege ... it depends on your point of view.

Anyway I'm going to update the F2 skins with the appropriate template if I've time.

Cheers.

Hi BP. Magnificent channel front skins. So glad that you have done Schoepfel. Anther great pilot and leader remembered.

Hello there fellow pilots, 

When the Bf-109F-4 was released I made a few F-2 skins for that plane. Since the F-2 has been released now I thought it would be a good idea to release these skins for the F-2 as well. 

The 3D model and the skin template is the same for both planes so I found no need to change them.

Of course they all have my new F-4/F-2 Skin template with realistic dirt, scratches, paint chips and oil leaks! Pictures are the old promotion pictures.

Just like all my other skins they come with and without hakenkreuz

I have also added a Bf-109F-2 section in my complete skin pack so that everyone can easily download them. I kept the skins in the F-4 folder as well since I original made them for the F-4

You can download all the skins via the original links that can be found in my museum or via the Complete Skin Pack link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6remr61e0385fy/Complete+skin+pack.zip

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bf-109F-2 "Black Chevron and Bars" Flown by famous ace Hauptmann Hans Philipp, March 1942

He is credited with 206 enemy aircraft shot down in over 500 combat missions. The majority of his victories were claimed over the Eastern Front, with 29 claims over the Western Front.

He was Gruppenkommandeur 1, part of JG 54.

He was shot down on 8 October 1943 during an attack on B-17's returning to Britten. It is believed that he was shot down by a P-47 Thunderbolt although this has never been confirmed. He managed to bail out of his plane but his failed to open.

This skin is Historically accurate. (I know it is an F-2 and not an F-4 but I decided to make it anyway since there is no visible difference between the planes)

I will be posting all my skins in my Museum where you can watch them and even get them yourself!

http://forum.il2stur...useum/?p=219157

ok9THO0.jpg

Bf-109F-2 "Black Chevron and Triangle" Flown by ace Hauptmann Hans von Hahn, July 1941

He is credited with 31 confirmed aerial victories. 19 on the Eastern Front, and 12 over the Western Front.

He was Gruppenkommandeur 1, part of JG 3.

Hans von Hahn received the "Knights Cross of the Iron Cross" for his successful military leadership.

This skin is Historically accurate. (I know it is an F-2 and not an F-4 but I decided to make it anyway since there is no visible difference between the planes)

I post all my skins in my Museum where you can watch them and even get them yourself!

http://forum.il2stur...useum/?p=220072

yezGU4w.jpg

Bf-109F-2 "Black Double Chevrons and Bars" Flown by ace Oberst Werner Mölders

He was the leading ace in the Spanish Civil War and the first to claim 100 victories. He developed new fighter tactics like the "Finger-four" formation.

After his 101st kill he was promoted "Oberst" on 20 July 1941 effectively ending his career as a pilot.

Mölders was killed in an plane crash on route to Ernst Udets funeral. 

I post all my skins in my Museum where you can watch them and even get them yourself!

http://forum.il2stur...1s-skin-museum/

6u1kxDs.jpg

Bf 109F-2 "Black Chevron and Circl  e" Flown by ace Leutnant Detlev Rohwer, Late 1941.

He was credited with 38 confirmed aerial victories. 26 on the Eastern Front, and 12 over the Western Front.

Rohwer was Gruppen-Technical Officer of 1./JG 3.

Detlev Rohwer received the "Knights Cross of the Iron Cross" on Octobet 5th 1941.

Detlev Rohwer was Hans von Hahn's Technical officer and possibly also his wingman at some point. 

Due to a small number of WW2 pictures I had to improvise the pattern on the wings and fuselage. I have attempted to make the patterns as realistic as possible while matching the information I could find. I have chosen to make the wing-pattern similar to Hans von Hahn's plane. Although, I have made sure they are not the same. For the other unknown parts of the plane, I used a combination of von Hahn's plane as well as other JG3 Bf 109F's. 

This skin is mostly historically accurate. This is because of the small amount of images available.

I have posted this skin in my Museum where you can watch all of my skins and even get them yourself!

http://forum.il2stur...useum/?p=227920

P49Lsf5.jpg

Bf 109F-2 "Black Chevrons and Bar" Flown by ace Oberst Dietrich Hrabak, Summer 1941.

Dietrich Hrabak has scored a total of 125 victories during his entire career. 

He was Gruppenkommandeur of II./JG54 when flying this plane. 

Some part of the plane where not on any pictures. Therefore, I had to use parts of other planes to create the complete pattern. I have attempted to make the patterns as realistic as possible while matching the information I could find. I used the patterns from other planes from JG54 with a similar camouflage pattern.

This skin is historically accurate.

I have posted this skin in my Museum where you can watch all of my skins and even get them yourself!

http://forum.il2stur...useum/?p=231709

MHXahXs.jpg

• Upvote 1

Going to have to translate all of my F-2 skins in here that I used on the F-4.

• Upvote 1

Going to have to translate all of my F-2 skins in here that I used on the F-4.

So have I ...

So as an idiot non skinner can understand

Have you redone your skins for the slightly modified F3 template BlackHellHound or merely repackaged all the F2 skins you made for the F4

Not that I'll notice the difference I bet, but thought I'd ask as I for one am quite confused about what skins are being made with the new template and which are just getting carried over from the F4

Apologies I'm not very bright

Hi.

Now is it Bf109F-2 6/JG52, Gerd Barkhorn (updated from older F4 folder skin)

Bf109F-2 II/JG53.cpt. Heinz Bretnüz (new one)

F2.jpg?ver=0

Uncensored download:http://www.mediafire.com/download/e5dr4sib7zmotn6/Bf109F2_Gerd_Barkhorn.dds

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kri4j6vzfm8k2tk/Bf109F2_IIJG53_Bretneutz_Russia1941.dds

;)

So as an idiot non skinner can understand

Have you redone your skins for the slightly modified F3 template BlackHellHound or merely repackaged all the F2 skins you made for the F4

Not that I'll notice the difference I bet, but thought I'd ask as I for one am quite confused about what skins are being made with the new template and which are just getting carried over from the F4

Apologies I'm not very bright

Heey Ventus, 

These are simply the F-2 skins that I made when only the F-4 was available. I repackaged them to make it easy for anyone to use on the F-2.

The 3D model and the skin template layout of the F-2 is exactly the same as the F-4 (exterior) so there is no need to change the skins at all. 

All the skins make use of the custom template that I made for the Bf-109F-4 and Bf-109F-2. I did this some time ago but I thought it was important to mention since the pictures themselves are old.

You can go to my museum and have a look at the changes I made to the skin template.

I hope this will clear everything up  :)

BlackHellHound1

=BlackHellHound1' timestamp='1454370795' post='329435'] The 3D model and the skin template layout of the F-2 is exactly the same as the F-4 (exterior) so there is no need to change the skins at all.

Not exactly I'm affraid. I find a little difference between the two templates (check the pannel lines around the tail area ...). But this does'nt change the fact that F4 skins will match perfectly a F2 and vice versa. The devil is really in the details !

As far as I'm concerned I decided to make a new template for the F2 because when I made my fisrt skin for BOS, it was with the F4 template and at the time I din't change anything because I was eager to release my fisrt skins (for F2 actually).

The release of the F2 was a good opportunity to start with a new template of my own and to update my fisrt skin with it.

So here were are and I'm glad to introduce my first "real" F2 skin, the Yellow 1 from the 9./JG2, featuring the following updates :

- new RLM palette

- painting discontinuity at part junctions fixed

- painted cowling locks (see picture)

- pannel lines improvement (see pictures)

- weathering detais added

I hope you'll enjoy the first upadate (other should come soon since the template is finished) :

160202-BF109F2-001b.jpg

160202-BF109F2-002.jpg

Upadate available here : http://www.unbound-frogs.org/zsf/2015/06/21/bf-109f-2-1-jaune-9-jg2/

• Upvote 1

Heey Ventus, 

These are simply the F-2 skins that I made when only the F-4 was available. I repackaged them to make it easy for anyone to use on the F-2.

The 3D model and the skin template layout of the F-2 is exactly the same as the F-4 (exterior) so there is no need to change the skins at all. 

All the skins make use of the custom template that I made for the Bf-109F-4 and Bf-109F-2. I did this some time ago but I thought it was important to mention since the pictures themselves are old.

You can go to my museum and have a look at the changes I made to the skin template.

I hope this will clear everything up  :)

BlackHellHound1

Thanks for clearing that up BlackHellHound, I'll take a trip to the museum (its raining outside anyway). Although I think I've already got all your skins in the F4 folder

Thanks to Zargos too for clearing up what are the small differences

I hope you'll enjoy the first upadate (other should come soon since the template is finished) :

We'll wait with patience)
And... don't you think the lines around cowling locks way too "hard"?

And there is one lock should be dirt but it's not. (The left one on the picture)

Anyway, looking forward for ur skins. :salute:  

So given that the template for Bf109F-2 and F4 is the same I decided to use my F4 template and modify some of my older skins that represent the version F2.

remake.jpg?ver=0

And create 3 new skins still in camo scheme from the time of the Battle of Britain.

early.jpg?ver=0

Attached link provides access to a folder Bf109F-2. Choose what you want to download skins.

Great job mate..

• Upvote 1

Here we are, I've finished the update of the last two BF109F2 remaining at the ZSF :

"Yellow 8" of the 9./JG2 :

160203-BF109F2-002b.jpg

Download the update

"Blue 1" of the 10./JG2 :

160203-BF109F2-001b.jpg

Downlaod the update

And know I'm going back the the Fw190A3 ...

• Upvote 1

remake.jpg?ver=0

early.jpg?ver=0

HI Iceman,

nice work but except of Gallands ac, the "SCHLAGETER" shield on the right side of JG 26 ac are wrong.

Left side is ok, right is mirrored.

S!

Thanks LcSummers.
Fixed ,link remained unchanged.:Bf109F-2_9JG26

Bf109F-2_Schoepfel

https://www.mediafir...vluvn8/Bf109F-2

Edited by BP_Iceman

Got my Uffz.Döllefeld coming soon too. Nice work Iceman.

Hi Guys,

Anybody willing to make one of these JG51 F2 skins?

Aviapark_109_zpsk8ndbcjj.jpg

Thnx

Grt Martijn

Thank you Martijn for the purposal. could someone please give a trsanslation about the russian on those profiles? Thanks alot.

I unfortunately cannot translate Russian but I found these infos in "Die Jagdffliegerverbände der Deutschen Luftwaffe, 6/1 "Barbarossa" by Jochen Prien & all.

- The first F-2 is "weisse 1" flown by Oblt. Erich Hohagen, Staffelkapitän of 4./JG 51. Maybe W.Nr. 9211, shot down over Brjansk on 7th september 1941. Seen here with 25 kill bars at the end of July or beginning of August (26th kill on 11.08.41).

- The second F-2 is "weisse 1" (W.Nr. 12 692 ?), of Hptm. Reinhard Seiler who led I./JG 54 after the death of Oblt. Kinzinger at the beginning of "Barbarossa". Seen here at Owsischtschi Flugplatz with 21 kills.

- Famous Bf 109 F-1 (or F-2?) of Werner Mölders, JG 51 Kommodore, before Boeing promoted Inspektor der Jagdflieger.

- Bf 109 F-2 "Peter", W.Nr. 6674, of Hptm. Heinz Bretnütz, Gruppenkommandeur II./JG 53, fatally wounded on 22.06.1941.

(Very accurate profiles compared to the photographs of these planes).

• Upvote 2

Thank you Martijn for the purposal. could someone please give a trsanslation about the russian on those profiles? Thanks alot.

I'm happy you're willing to take on my proposal  :)

Thank you.

Grt M