3./JG15_Hans

IL 2 BOS performance tips/fixes

Hey guys, after much research I found some pretty good ways to get a best experience on the game.

First: Disable SSAO. You will notice the game is a little faster than before :)

Second: Disable "Cinematic camera" in camera options

Third(Nvidia graphics card owners only): Go to Nvidia Control Panel, Click on Manage 3D Settings under the 3D settings header,go to 'Program Settings' and select IL2.exe and in the settings for the program, scroll to 'Maximum pre-rendered frames' and override the global default and set it to '1'. This will decrease response time and CPU load(since the CPU pre-renders the frames).

Fourth: Lower gamma on the startup.cfg Steam/steamapps/common/il2bos/data. Makes a world of diference for spotting targets and makes the game prettier and less shiny. 

Fifth: Download and install Reshade+SweetFX 2.0 from http://reshade.me/sweetfx. Really recommend using it, the game looks AWESOME!!

That's it guys, hope these tips help you as much as they helped me :) See on the skyes! Cheers

Edited by JAGER_Hans

Thanks Jager. 

All true and your number 5 really got me focused on sweetfx/reshade again. Could never get it to work before but Stab really helped me. Here is his link and the advice:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17096-reshade-sweetfx/page-2?do=findComment&comment=301815

"if you download the whole client I've uploaded here you need to drop the extracted files + the SweetFX folder into your IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game directory. From that moment on SweetFX will automaticly work ingame. You can enable and disable SweetFX while playing by pressing the "scroll lock" key.

To unistall it just remove the files you downloaded. It's important to clean everything up again before flying vanilla or installig a newer SweetFX version, else you may expirience game crashes."

Hope this can help somebody else. :)

I use SweetFX it in JAGSME mod enabler. That way you can enable/disable remove/copy it through updates or be able to go back to vanilla by one click.

Hey guys, I really recommend you to download the latest version, it doesn't have issues like the previous versions and it has an installer.exe.

Just download and extract it wherever you'd like(I recommend to create a folder in My Documents). Then, press the .exe from the files and a Window will pop up. Press "select game" and search for your IL2BOS.exe (or any other game you want) and double click it. It will automatically uninstall the previous version and install the new one. Simple as that :)

You can enable/disable it by pressing "scrlk" at any time. As for messing with the profiles, it's the same as previous versions of SweetFX.

Cheers guys!S

I just limit my FPS to 30. Gives me fluent graphics with no micro stutters whatsoever. Might be just me, mileage may vary...

Hi all,

As i start reshade it ask to choose the game, i choose Il2.

But than i got these options, which one do i have to taken?post-108589-0-47863000-1487873543_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

FH

S! All,

Quick question, does version 3.0.7 of Reshade works with the new version 2.11 of BOS/M (that just came out yesterday)?

I want to try a reshader, but want a version that is stable with the game.

Also, I did try to install a older version of sweetfx, I would suggest to back up your BIN or game EXE folder, a lot of DLL are put your game files!

Just for info, do you think this app will help a laptop running a nVidia 560M Card?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Gen ;)

It ran fine for me yesterday after I downloaded the patch..............  Looks even better, but I might be imagining it!............... Download and install it, there's a youtube video on the forums of how to use it.............  I really like it...........

Cheers

Hoss

First: Disable SSAO. You will notice the game is a little faster than before  :)

...DONE!

Second: Disable "Cinematic camera" in camera options

...DONE!

Third(Nvidia graphics card owners only): Go to Nvidia Control Panel, Click on Manage 3D Settings under the 3D settings header,go to 'Program Settings' and select IL2.exe and in the settings for the program, scroll to 'Maximum pre-rendered frames' and override the global default and set it to '1'. This will decrease response time and CPU load(since the CPU pre-renders the frames).

...some advice for ATI Radeon GPU's?

Fourth: Lower gamma on the startup.cfg Steam/steamapps/common/il2bos/data. Makes a world of diference for spotting targets and makes the game prettier and less shiny. 

...How much do you use 0.9, 0.7?

Fifth: Download and install Reshade+SweetFX 2.0 from http://reshade.me/sweetfx. Really recommend using it, the game looks AWESOME!!

...Aren't these FPS killers?, which effects are you using?

Thanks for the advice, hope answers on my questions for anyone that can answer.

Hiding the HUD by pressing the H key gives a nice fps boost as well in the last patch or two since VR was added.

Yeah curious to what you guys run for Gamma think I lowered mine to .9 or .8 I forget?