=IL2AU=astrix_au

Did the developers remove the Launcher.exe in the last update?

Hey guys,

I noticed that I am missing the launcher.exe since the last update V 1.106 and now the game folder only has three executable files.

1. IL-2

2. Restarter

3. DServer

The reason I'm asking is PlaysTV doesn't seem to record this game for some reason. I have the PlaysTV devs helping me but they are yet to put there finger on it so I am wondering if I am supposed to still have the launcher.exe as someone on the server said that they still had it and my game should so I should reinstall the game for it. He said my game would no longer be able to update without the launcher, is this true?

I did confirm that someone else didn't have it so I just want confirmation if the devs did remove it.

Edited by astrix_au

Hey guys,

I noticed that I am missing the launcher.exe since the last update V 1.106 and now the game folder only has three executable files.

1. IL-2

2. Restarter

3. DServer

The reason I'm asking is PlaysTV doesn't seem to record this game for some reason. I have the PlaysTV devs helping me but they are yet to put there finger on it so I am wondering if I am supposed to still have the launcher.exe as someone on the server said that they still had it and my game should so I should reinstall the game for it. He said my game would no longer be able to update without the launcher, is this true?

I did confirm that someone else didn't have it so I just want confirmation if the devs did remove it.

No, they did not remove it. Try to reinstall.

Did you check the folder to see if you still have it? When I start the game I still get the login screen before the game, just making sure one might think that is the launcher. 

Also flightFX still worked even though launcher was listed in the settings but was already installed. I reinstalled flightFX this time used IL-2.exe and it also worked.

I helped another person on the Wings of Liberty server to install FlightFX and they too had no launcher and used IL-2 which aslo worked. I am going to need a few confirmations as I already had one from someone else that hasn't got a launcher.exe either.

Hopefully the devs can give a 100% answer. The game works 100% so I don't want to reinstall for no reason, only playsTV can't record IL-2 for me but can other games.

Edited by astrix_au

What should I backup? I want to save my key binds at least. Anything important I should put aside? I can't find any post regarding this question.

What should I backup? I want to save my key binds at least. Anything important I should put aside? I can't find any post regarding this question.

Yes, I still have launcher.exe. Answering the question above  :)

Copy your data/input folder for key bindings.

I don`t think there`s anything else. Of course if you have any 3rd party stuff, that`s another story.

If you have launcher.exe.backup in you game folder, then just rename it to launcher.exe.

Sometimes antiviral software denies access to .exe files and thus although binary is backed up, launcher can't create it's own .exe file.

Also, Steam versions doesn't include launcher.

I just re-installed it and and no launcher. Yes I'm using the steam version.

If you have launcher.exe.backup in you game folder, then just rename it to launcher.exe.

Sometimes antiviral software denies access to .exe files and thus although binary is backed up, launcher can't create it's own .exe file.

Yeah ok thanks that sorts that out then, it must be why I have no launcher :) Thanks guys for the help!

I do remember I did have a launcher.exe as it was listed in FlightFX the first time I installed it. Weird...