IL2 Pilot Head Low In Cockpit?

Tried some online and offline with one of my old BlitzPig mates, and we discovered that the pilot's head position in the IL2 is so low that we cannot see the reticle of the gunsight.

This is new, as the last time I flew the sim I could operate the IL2 just fine.

Searched high and low in the settings and key assignments to no avail.

I use Traci IR, he does not, and we both had the same issue.

Any ideas?

Oh, and it was good to fly again.

Here the IL-2 pilot's neck does not shrink. :)

Probable hit F-10 and save a different cockpit view as default. I dont understand why this "dangerous" key dont come with a modifier (Alt, Ctrl...). 

Turn of TrackIR and use the keys Delete, End, Insert, Home, Page Down, Page Up to reposition the gunsight and hit F-10 to save as default (and add a modifier in F-10).

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I will do a tutorial on this matter as its not a bug, it's just that the default view are set for player without trackir, set all my views for each plane matching it with the actual pilot position in game and in some cases like the 190 you gain a way better view to the 6 o'clock

• Upvote 1

I will do a tutorial on this matter as its not a bug, it's just that the default view are set for player without trackir, set all my views for each plane matching it with the actual pilot position in game and in some cases like the 190 you gain a way better view to the 6 o'clock

I've done this too and it does make a pretty substantial difference.

They all are but again the great part is that we do have the "F-10" inherited from RoF that give you the chance to "correct" at your wish. 

Edited by GOZR