1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

selling Thrustmaster Warthog extensions

I did not play with curved extension yet, maybe in the future ... but tbh a curved extension ? maybe something that suits better for hellicopter sims more than for fast airplane sims. You have to take into account that the throw cannot be too long otherwise it will start to affect negatively your speed/reaction in fast pased combat and maneuvers in general.

S!

A curved extension would not increase the throw as long as the original height of the handle is maintained.  My issue is that the stick is too far from my body when moved forward.  If something could be made that sees the handle 75mm above the original height and 75mm-100mm closer to the 'pilot', I believe you would have a winner.

I saw only some crazy looking long curved extensions, maybe it would be easier to move the seat or set up in general closer to the stick in your case. Anyway I can surely help you with the non-curved ones at least for the time being.

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Thanks mate.  I have a different extension already but yours certainly look like a great option and if I didn't have this one, yours would be ordered! Looks like I'll have to produce something myself.  Probably just need access to a pipe bender!

If I come up with something that works for me, I'll let you know through PM for future products in your lineup.

Edited by Wedgo

Think I'm going to be getting a warthog in the next few days, can you PM me a price list for these shipped to USA 93727?

Well the post man just dropped mine off. It took 15 calendar days for it to get from Poland to central California, which isnt bad however the tracking information never worked after it left Poland.

The 100cm extension is perfect for me and my office chair. Its very well and cleanly made, very much worth the price paid considering the overall price of the HOTAS.

My only critique isnt of the product or the service, but of the shipping method. If I might suggest that EMS shipping be made an option for a proportinatly higher price. EMS parcels cost more, but are tracked better and ship much faster than standard or registered mail.

Other than that, Im absolutly loving this!

A hearty thanks to Sahaj for the quality product!

I am glad you like it forsale :)

As for the shipping from EU to US it happens that on irregular basis a package is taken into customs and they put their hands on it for a while which means a few additional days of delay but other than that it ought to be ok, never got a return/undelivered or something like that.

Oh no I don't mean to imply it's unreliable, but international express parcels are a much higher priority than international registerd, hence they are treated better by shippers.

The 100cm extension is perfect for me and my office chair. Its very well and cleanly made, very much worth the price paid considering the overall price of the HOTAS.

100cm?   Is this some sort of floor mount?  Would love to see some pics!

Must be a typo.

As far as I know, Sahaj makes extensions of either  7,5 - 10 - 15 or 20 cm.

Everything beyond 20 cm may be problematic as the original Warthog spring will not hold the center due to the Warthog handle being very heavy itself.

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Hmmmm

spray-can.jpg

Ok yes you got Blackrat, there is some secret tuning-boost-fluid inside the extension but pssst ....  :lol:

Ok yes you got Blackrat, there is some secret tuning-boost-fluid inside the extension but pssst ....  :lol:

Hehe :biggrin:

Hey Sahaj,

I Pay Pal you some moneys, hope you got it.  Im excited about this.

Sahaj,

I got my piece of Heavy Metal today.  It looks very... industrial and cool.  Nice workmanship man!

Hi Maico,

I am glad you like it, enjoy !

Here is my new LOGO, from now on everytime when you see this you can associate it with me thumbup.gif

post-15769-0-19798700-1436710108_thumb.jpg

hello all,

I have received mine 4 days after payment but I'm in Italy that is not far as California for sure :D

took it's place flawlessly and looks so well that it looks like it's an original accessory for the warthog.

I've been using it for two weeks and, altrough my sim is still unfinished I'm more than satisfied even with my temporary setup.

one thumb up is not enough, too bad I only have two of them :D

greatly adviced

mav

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

Happy user of Sahaj's extension here.

I originally bought it for my Cougar and now use it for my Warthog.

I chose the 10cm version and it feels absolutely perfect to me so far, the right balance for the different kind of birds.

I also use the stick between my legs and this extension brings it at the perfect heigh and angle (because you can turn it on itself as opposed to vanilla).

Would definitely recommand to a friend if they played flightsims!  :ph34r:
Nocta

It's my second extension which I bought from Sahaj. First, I decided to go for the 10 cm extension and was delighted with the result. It really improved flight simulation by a lot. It gives you a much smoother and more natural control of the plane resulting in an immersive flight feeling. Since I’m mainly flying WWII aircrafts and this mostly with the IL-2 BoS simulator tried now the 7.5 cm extension. For this type of simulation, the shorter extension is even better. The control forces are only slightly larger and while maintaining the same precision you're more responsive in a dogfight. I’m thrilled.

My extension (7,5cm) arrived yesterday, and I must confirm all the post above... it' s really improve a lot the way you fly! ;)

Edited by 150GCT_Pag

Hi all,

I have been away quite for a while now and it’s time to return, with my return my website returns with a new design, second language (German), new prices, new products of which more will follow in the next weeks.

Hereby I want to thank all of you who visited my website so far and especially those who purchased one or more of my extensions. Thank you for all the positive feedback, comments and pictures of your setups, it gives me the drive to carry on and think of new ideas, plans etc. to fine tune the flying experience.

Check out my redesigned website and the new videos, soon I will announce the new products along with a Best Deals Bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SbQJiyj1U8

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ALL !

S! Sahaj

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Hi Sahaj,

Congrats on the new website, it looks cool.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for you in the new year.

Bando

Ordered a 7.5cm Black Extension yesterday, really looking forward to trying this out.

I got this expensive yoke , but if I did not I might have bought myself a Baur KG 13 stick and a warthog and this extension 

D645A914-EA36-43E1-9B04-6B7E6C5F13A2_zps

In my mind this would be perfect for this game

Hi, I was wondering if I should buy the Cougar or the Warthog? This might be the wrong topic for this, but I was planning to buy one of those extensions for either one. I currently have an X-55 throttle and a Logitech 3D Pro joystick. On Amazon the Warthog HOTAS is going for $315 new right now! I was wondering which joystick you feel is better for flight simulation? I know the Warthog has had problems with stiction and center detent, however I assume the extension takes care of this. I like the way the gimbals work for the cougar, however with the extension and hall censors for the warthog I feel it is the better buy. I am not interested in the cougar throttle, which is the only reason I am considering it because it would be about $100 cheaper, and I will just use my X-55 throttle. What do you think? Please reply quick, as I believe the $315 sale may end at the end of the year.

Hi, I was wondering if I should buy the Cougar or the Warthog?

Go for the Warthog and add one of these extensions down the road when you can. The gimball mechanism in the Warthog is way better than the Cougar, the one in the Cougar is pretty bad. I used the Cougar for a few years, and have been using the Warthog for a few years.

I have one of his extensions currently in transit to me, really looking forward to trying it out.

Btw, Amazon also has just the Warthog stick for a little cheaper, but for just the small difference I would get the complete setup.

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

Cougar standard (non MOD'ed) has one for the worst gimbal used in joystick HOTAS history... 

IMO - For WWII sim's the new CAM gimbal in incoming VKB Gunfighter will worth more that "a dozen of HAT corners" in Warthog... :)

Edited by Sokol1

Go for the Warthog and add one of these extensions down the road when you can. The gimball mechanism in the Warthog is way better than the Cougar, the one in the Cougar is pretty bad. I used the Cougar for a few years, and have been using the Warthog for a few years.

I have one of his extensions currently in transit to me, really looking forward to trying it out.

Btw, Amazon also has just the Warthog stick for a little cheaper, but for just the small difference I would get the complete setup.

Thanks for the reply, I ended up getting the Warthog when it was on sale (as I predicted it's back up to $400 after New Years). I love it. The gimbal and stick movement is not nearly as bad as some people made it out to be, it's actually one of the smoothest sticks I've ever used. Now it's a matter of what length extension I should get (7.5 or 10) and what color (black or silver). I will have to make a chair mount for my throttle and stick, I want my chair to be able to slide under my desk with the throttles and stick on it. What length extension do you think I should get? I was wondering how much an extension reduces the resistance of the sticks movement? Is it much easier to move in circles or is there hardly a difference?

Thanks for the reply, I ended up getting the Warthog when it was on sale (as I predicted it's back up to $400 after New Years). I love it. The gimbal and stick movement is not nearly as bad as some people made it out to be, it's actually one of the smoothest sticks I've ever used. Now it's a matter of what length extension I should get (7.5 or 10) and what color (black or silver). I will have to make a chair mount for my throttle and stick, I want my chair to be able to slide under my desk with the throttles and stick on it. What length extension do you think I should get? I was wondering how much an extension reduces the resistance of the sticks movement? Is it much easier to move in circles or is there hardly a difference?

:good: 

Great choice on the Warthog, congrats! And yes you got a very good deal!

I have a 7.5cm black extension in transit on the way to me, hopefully will be here sometime this week. I am really looking forward to trying it out. After much reading I could not decide on a length, had a pretty good idea I would want either a 7.5 or 10, so I flipped a coin and the 7.5 won lol.

I am going to try sitting the joystick between my legs, I have read where some other guys have done that , and I really do not want to create a pedestal for it, so going to give that a shot first and see how that works out. I played around with the stock stick and think it might work ok, I will see.

I will certainly be sharing my impressions once I get it and have used it some.

CJN221,

surely Warthog was a good choice. Now, it makes very much a difference which extension you use. Even using a 7,5 cm for startets seems like a different stick (given that you did not use any extensions before).

The shorter extensions are more suited for quick directions changes, more aggressive flying, fighter types. The longer ones are even more precise, you feel the controls better, more comfort. Go through the descriptions on my page and read through the topic, it might give you some clues. You can still take two at once ;) I am about to introduce a discount for someone who wants to buy two at once, write me an PM if you are interested.

S!

CJN221,

surely Warthog was a good choice. Now, it makes very much a difference which extension you use. Even using a 7,5 cm for startets seems like a different stick (given that you did not use any extensions before).

The shorter extensions are more suited for quick directions changes, more aggressive flying, fighter types. The longer ones are even more precise, you feel the controls better, more comfort. Go through the descriptions on my page and read through the topic, it might give you some clues. You can still take two at once ;) I am about to introduce a discount for someone who wants to buy two at once, write me an PM if you are interested.

S!

Thanks for the reply. I actually have used an extension before, I modded my old thrustmaster topgun with a 5in PVC pipe, I loved the new feel. I plan to build some sort of mount that comes off of my chair, I want the joystick to be in between my legs in that, I can rest my hand on my leg while using the stick like a real cockpit. I have visited your page, and after seeing the different stick animated GIFS, I think 15cm would be best for me. I would like the resistance of the stick to stay the same or even increase, do you know of any simple mods or third-party springs that would do so? I am in to flight simulation (FSX), so I don't need quick, fast, precise movements, instead I want a durable, hard feel to the stick, so you can feel the control surface resistance on the stick. Also, off topic, which color do you prefer? They both look awesome. Edited by CJN221

It may sound subjective of course but I think the Warthog looks pretty good with the new all black extensions ! ;) indeed

15 cm still centers ok, to be honest you are among the few Warthog users who find the current resistance force of the spring as comfortable ? I think you will be satisfied with the 15 cm piece, try it out and you can always fiddle on the spring later on.

S!

When you purchase a product the minority actually turn out to be of good quality and fulfill your expectations, this product is one of those in the minority. I purchased a 15 cm extension and it has significantly improved the accuracy of the Warthog Joystick. With the original joystick it was very difficult to make precise movements especially in the area directly adjacent to the center. The spring is too stiff for the length of the unmodified joystick. The extension will reduce or eliminate the need to spend hours fine tuning your in game joystick configuration.