II./JG51Steinhoff

72AG-DED- Random Expert +

where do you check how many aircraft you have, and how many mods etc. I couldn't seem to find it on the stats page

where do you check how many aircraft you have, and how many mods etc. I couldn't seem to find it on the stats page

I didnt find it on the webpage to but you get a chat message when you start the engine on the server. First message shows you your number of available light and heavy aircraft. Second message gives you the number of available mods.

We're very, very excited for the Kuban map.  I'll be happy to be in the IL-2 1943 all the time, rather than just the end of the campaign!

Yeah, 7 gshap flew over Caucass and Kuban, and the in Crimea.

Il-2 of 7 gshap over Kuban.

i_043.jpg

After combat mission. Pilots of 7 gshap, August 1943.

_43.jpg

HSU Vasiliy Yemelyanenko.

%D0%98%D0%BB-2__%D0%95%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BB

Yemelyanenko himself, playing Balalaika. On the background, his famous "musical 100".

10604-3-f.jpg

• Upvote 2

The modifications for the IL-2 1943 cannot be changed and appear locked.  Any chance of a fix?

Agree, right now Il-2 43 is useless. I dont get why on so many server it gets locked. The 1943 versions only real plus is the ability to carry a .50 cal defensive gun and a stronger motor, in the armament department the 1942 and 1941 model are surpassing the 1943 model (the 37mm isn't all that great alone). But without the 37mm AP only it make almost no sense to fly this plane.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

Agree, right now Il-2 43 is useless. I dont get why on so many server it gets locked. The 1943 versions only real plus is the ability to carry a .50 cal defensive gun and a stronger motor, in the armament department the 1942 and 1941 model are surpassing the 1943 model (the 37mm isn't all that great alone). But without the 37mm AP only it make almost no sense to fly this plane.

I don't think it's intended, earlier in the thread Crusader said the problem was that he did not have the identification codes for the IL-2 1943's modifications and was looking for them.  I hoped that since it worked fine in TAW a week ago that progress had been made.

Additionally, my group has changed it's tag slightly.  I can change the squad tag in the squad profile on the stats page, and we can change our tags here, but our names don't change on the stats page.  What should we do?

Just a thought to get more people on for th 12hrs Europe is asleep...IMO you and TAW are similar....when TAW is out you have a campaign, when concluded TAW takes over. We go back and forth and the pilots seeking more realism can be less dependent on one server. Maybe a little community marketing, reset stats, and bammm, kick off a campaign. When concluded TAW takes over allowing you time to upgrade, and vice versa. Hows that sound?

• Upvote 1

Just a thought to get more people on for th 12hrs Europe is asleep...IMO you and TAW are similar....when TAW is out you have a campaign, when concluded TAW takes over. We go back and forth and the pilots seeking more realism can be less dependent on one server. Maybe a little community marketing, reset stats, and bammm, kick off a campaign. When concluded TAW takes over allowing you time to upgrade, and vice versa. Hows that sound?

I agree, i was thinking that for a while now, but i don't think they will listen, but i definitly like the idea

I agree, i was thinking that for a while now, but i don't think they will listen, but i definitly like the idea

Co-operate to graduate, we def need more options for those seeking full realisim.

Edited by Banzaii
  • Upvote 1

Question gentlemen,

I understand the resupplying of aircraft, but how does one increase the number of modifications an aircraft can carry? The iL-2 is not a great plane without 23mm guns, rockets, or bombs lol.

Question gentlemen,

I understand the resupplying of aircraft, but how does one increase the number of modifications an aircraft can carry? The iL-2 is not a great plane without 23mm guns, rockets, or bombs lol.

Well, the number of modifications an aircraft can carry is as many as you can fit.  When I fly the IL-2 41(since the 1943 hasn't been fixed*coughcough*) I take 3 mods if I can: 23mm cannons, 6x 50kg bombs and ROFS-132 rockets.

But if you spawn and see you don't have (enough)modifications allowed, then the way to get more is to fly a sortie and either shoot someone down or blow up a ground target and return home alive.  I don't know if you get more modifications for actually finishing off an entire ground target(e.g. artillery) .

Edited by 7-GvShAP/Silas

Well, the number of modifications an aircraft can carry is as many as you can fit.  When I fly the IL-2 41(since the 1943 hasn't been fixed*coughcough*) I take 3 mods if I can: 23mm cannons, 6x 50kg bombs and ROFS-132 rockets.

But if you spawn and see you don't have (enough)modifications allowed, then the way to get more is to fly a sortie and either shoot someone down or blow up a ground target and return home alive.  I don't know if you get more modifications for actually finishing off an entire ground target(e.g. artillery) .

That will be the key then. I haven't accomplished much, and when I try to launch, I get told I'm allowed 0 mods.

Sadly true.

With today it'll be two days of server outtage.

A pity, now that I'm on vacation and could play a little more.

I start to dislike other populated server, Normal with icons, and WoL.

• Upvote 1

Sadly true.

With today it'll be two days of server outtage.

A pity, now that I'm on vacation and could play a little more.

I start to dislike other populated server, Normal with icons, and WoL.

+1

+1

There is a silent group of players who agree with you. The issue is like moth going to an open flame with the flame being servers with numbers. This is a never ending battle until more expert minded players build a community for likeminded players to join.

There is a silent group of players who agree with you. The issue is like moth going to an open flame with the flame being servers with numbers. This is a never ending battle until more expert minded players build a community for likeminded players to join.

Like too much work for too little players playing?  I don't see any reason why this server could not be as popular as TAW with a few minor modifications.

Like too much work for too little players playing?  I don't see any reason why this server could not be as popular as TAW with a few minor modifications.

You do realise Random has been here longer than Taw? :)

I misunderstood the original message so my first sentence is nonsense.  Still, TAW has had good numbers (with usually only Wings of Liberty doing better) and I've always been disappointed that more people don't play DED Random Expert.  I've always wondered why TAW is more popular on DED...they seem to be roughly the same to me based on my limited experience.

• Upvote 1

I misunderstood the original message so my first sentence is nonsense. Still, TAW has had good numbers (with usually only Wings of Liberty doing better) and I've always been disappointed that more people don't play DED Random Expert. I've always wondered why TAW is more popular on DED...they seem to be roughly the same to me based on my limited experience.

Frustration here as well with no numbers outside WOL. I feel like the people who enjoy this flying are there, but get nervous when they see 1/84.

• Upvote 1

Don't underestimate Ping latency.

If I see a full server 78/84 and the lantency is 60-80 ms and another half empty server (32/84) with 20-30 ms , I choose the second one.

Better ping, better online experience.

I hate seeing enemy planes shooting me from unprobable angles and still hitting me because of the time the packet travel from their pc to the server and from the server to my pc.

Have you considered a Discord server for comms?

Edited by Banzaii

Id like to know how long till the next round begins as well.
Beginning to like the mechanics of this server far more then the one on TAW. TAW seems to be a senseless timesink compared. At least to someone like me that actually has not that much time to fly for half a day each day.

Does Finnish have radar icons, or am I thinking of someplace else?

Edited by Banzaii