II./JG51Steinhoff

72AG-DED- Random Expert +

Hi guys!
A couple of issues here.

last Thursday my squadron bombed a Front Warehouse getting 135+ objectives destroyed, but during the mission not even 50% of it was marked as destroyed  :o:

It's not the first time something similar happened to us, in another instance we bombed an arty, twice, then back again to straff it, we saw another group of 3 Jabos came and dropped their bombs, we sat our gunners in ground attack mode, and they didn't shoot at all, nevertheless to say the arty wasn't destroyed  :wacko: 
we flew slow and low  several times with several pilots.and did not see any objective intact, everything was destroyed,

Is that normal or just happens sometimes and we just got unlucky twice in the same month?

Could anyone please tell me with whom may I speak to speak to recover my fair play after a horrible week of DNS problems?
having 30% does not help much my squadron stats

Thank you all.

Hi guys!

A couple of issues here.

last Thursday my squadron bombed a Front Warehouse getting 135+ objectives destroyed, but during the mission not even 50% of it was marked as destroyed  :o:

It's not the first time something similar happened to us, in another instance we bombed an arty, twice, then back again to straff it, we saw another group of 3 Jabos came and dropped their bombs, we sat our gunners in ground attack mode, and they didn't shoot at all, nevertheless to say the arty wasn't destroyed  :wacko: 

we flew slow and low  several times with several pilots.and did not see any objective intact, everything was destroyed,

Is that normal or just happens sometimes and we just got unlucky twice in the same month?

Could anyone please tell me with whom may I speak to speak to recover my fair play after a horrible week of DNS problems?

having 30% does not help much my squadron stats

Thank you all.

I can confirm bug with artillery site, the other day I saw artillery site completely obliterated every splinter there got burned, but it was still on the map and there was no message that it was destroyed...

Quite often there still are Grilles and Marders still intact. They are well hidden and small and easy to overlook but hard to Kill. 

m3h_15.jpg

grille_03.jpg

I think each Period lasts 3-4 Days. Check the Planesset and you get a rough Idea. 

6th camaign weapons restrictions:

campaign6_periods.jpg

I feel the lack of modifications to attack ground targets and I always feel like I'm flying into the australian outback - fly far, hardly see anything that is worthy at looking. Server needs more population seeds

Thank you for bringing back Random Normal......been flying.the expert servers with some success but still need more practice....one request...can you turn off the icons on attack and bombers or at least have the icon come on at 1k....bombers and ground pound flyers will appreciate it......thanks

Thank you for bringing back Random Normal......been flying.the expert servers with some success but still need more practice....one request...can you turn off the icons on attack and bombers or at least have the icon come on at 1k....bombers and ground pound flyers will appreciate it......thanks

Game Server settings does not allow this. Icons could be visible for all or for nobody.

Edited by 72AG_Crusader

My Conclusion of this Campain.

I had fun and I liked most of it. I never had Problems getting or keeping my Aircraft or Modifications. In 53 Sorties I Died 2 times due to my own Stupidity and was Captured Once due to a Stat Error. 

My Deaths were 1st: Bf109E, Diving straight into the Ground at High Speed due to Control Lock Up in Ground Attack Dive

2nd: P-40 Flying over an Exploding Locomotive.

Captured: I was hit and Shot down by a 109 which wasn't Credited for the Kill on Stat Page. So there must have been a Bug. Crashed on the Front Line

I managed to Loose a Bunch of Aircraft in Emergency Landings or Shot Down in Friendlly Territory.

What I didn't like.

• Limited Number of Modifications for Pilots. Bad for Ground Attackers, Risk much Higher because of Flak and Fighters, they need more Mods to fly. Normally 1 or 2 Mods for Guns+Turrets+Armor and 1 or 2 Mods for Rockets, Bombs etc. It was very frustrating to some of our Pilots and often we couldn't fly some Missions at all. 
  •  
  • Objectives clustered very Close around Airfields. Sometimes Targets are very Close to Airfields, so Close that Airfield Flak defends Fortified Areas or Convois. These are often almost unwinnable. Airfields need to be at more Distance. It is too Easy to Defend and too Hard to Attack Reference Points with Airfields in the Middle. 
  •  
  • Fighters Camping to only shoot down Heavy Aircraft. When there are 50+ Players online the Game becomes a Stalemate. Ground Attackers are often intercepted without Help from Friendly Fighters. Sometimes almost everybody flies Fighters because it is just stupid to fly Ground Attack. 
  •  
  • Lack of Mission Types for Ju-52: We made Suggestions on how to Integrate Ju-52 without Para Drops, by using it to Buff Tanks, Morale, Air Ambulance etc. 

Edit: 

Mission Times are too Short. Could you run 5 Missions a Day? In order to Make Victory still a Hard Task maybe you could have more Targets Spread over the Map, like Forward HQ, with Hospital and improvised Airfield for Transport Aircraft and Hospital, Railway Stations, Bridges, Ships etc. ?

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

Overall really nice server, me and my squadron had fun flying in it, thank you.

Pro's:
You can fly at almost anytime, and somebody would be there, so you don't find yourself alone in the server.

The diversity of objectives, there's always somewhere to bomb or CAP.

Most of pilots behave accordingly with the rules of fair play.

Con's:
Modifications, I mostly play as Jabo, AAA is extremely accurate and without modifications most of the time attacking  fortified areas or similar is suicidal. Jabos should get at least double modifications points or is kind of unfair.
People camping outside airfields, I know this is war, I know you should be aware of everything from the moment you get in your cockpit, but is not fun getting jump over right after taking of or when you just lower your landing gear, several pilots just do that all the time in order to get easy kills.

maybe few heavy AAA around the airfield will dissuade them or at least alert the landing aircraft, as it would happen in real life (spotters)

Fair play rating, I've seen pilots disconnecting after getting hit and when I had them on my Revi just to finish the kill, but also we had numerous disconnections due to last update and technical problems, there should be a way to recover your fair play index in that case.

Proximity of objectives, some time they are too close to an airfield (and some time even 3 airfields) that makes that mission too risky and people tend to fly fighters avoiding these hot areas.

Some bugs, more than one time we obliterate an arty and still "alive" on map, also happened to us with warehouses. getting ground objectives that disappear on stats.

Thank you for feedback, guys! I appreciate this  :salute:

My Conclusion of this Campain.

Edit: 

Mission Times are too Short. Could you run 5 Missions a Day? In order to Make Victory still a Hard Task maybe you could have more Targets Spread over the Map, like Forward HQ, with Hospital and improvised Airfield for Transport Aircraft and Hospital, Railway Stations, Bridges, Ships etc. ?

Too much targets will cause performance problems. Server now works a bit lower than maximum capacity and there are happens some problems too.

This is the only thing which stops us to make over 9000 targets. I really want to seed the whole map, but I can't. :(

Overall really nice server, me and my squadron had fun flying in it, thank you.

Pro's:
You can fly at almost anytime, and somebody would be there, so you don't find yourself alone in the server.

The diversity of objectives, there's always somewhere to bomb or CAP.

Most of pilots behave accordingly with the rules of fair play.

Con's:
Modifications, I mostly play as Jabo, AAA is extremely accurate and without modifications most of the time attacking  fortified areas or similar is suicidal. Jabos should get at least double modifications points or is kind of unfair.
People camping outside airfields, I know this is war, I know you should be aware of everything from the moment you get in your cockpit, but is not fun getting jump over right after taking of or when you just lower your landing gear, several pilots just do that all the time in order to get easy kills.

maybe few heavy AAA around the airfield will dissuade them or at least alert the landing aircraft, as it would happen in real life (spotters)

Fair play rating, I've seen pilots disconnecting after getting hit and when I had them on my Revi just to finish the kill, but also we had numerous disconnections due to last update and technical problems, there should be a way to recover your fair play index in that case.

Proximity of objectives, some time they are too close to an airfield (and some time even 3 airfields) that makes that mission too risky and people tend to fly fighters avoiding these hot areas.

Some bugs, more than one time we obliterate an arty and still "alive" on map, also happened to us with warehouses. getting ground objectives that disappear on stats.

I know about most of technical issues and I decided to make my own statistics engine and leave il2_stats in peace

I hope this work wouldnt be so long.

Werner from Chesz squad "1st Czech Lions" write me please private message i want speak about together fly on Random Expert.

Edited by SG2_Wolfert

Hi guys,

First off all i would like to say that i love this server! Had a great run for my first VVS tour.

But is it possible that my mission from yesterday didn't got recorded on the statpages?

Thnx again

Grt M

1. Suggestion: 

No more Pilot available Modifications --> Random Mod Lock or Force for Entire Server

So in one Mission, regardless of Period, I-16 can't have 20mm, 109E must have Armor, next Mission maybe 109F can't Remove Headrest and no RPK for Peshka etc. and this changes every Round. Maybe one or Two of these Per Side per Mission so it doesn't get too annoying. 

How about a 20% Chance per Mission of a Random Lock for each Aircraft? So a Random Lock only appears Once in every Five Rounds for every Aircraft. 

2. Suggestion:

In Period Aircraft Sets P-40 and Mc.202 come in 2nd Period and Bf109F-2 and MiG-3 come later?

Privet .

BUG report : 

When connecting server , map stuck 0101 to 0505 sqare , not possible to enlarge map enought to clic on an airfield to choose germans or russian side . Have a nice day

does anyone else find that opening the map seems to take particularly long on this server ? Actually been worried that I could crash my bird while trying to open the map while flying at low level.

does anyone else find that opening the map seems to take particularly long on this server ? Actually been worried that I could crash my bird while trying to open the map while flying at low level.

Not here. To avoid crash at low level, use auto-level (by default shift+a)

Did anybody know where i can get a new password for the stats page? I forgot mine. I couldnt find anything on the website to give me a new one.

Edited by [I./JG62]McM_Haufen0815

Did anybody know where i can get a new password for the stats page? I forgot mine. I couldnt find anything on the website to give me a new one.

Ask me in PM.

What does it takes to close an airfield ? I'm unsure how to proceed. Any tips ?

You need to destroy hangars, static aircrafts, static vehicles, etc.

When enough amount destroyed airfield become inactive. Airfields it the most AAA-protected and requires very high level of destruction to close it.

1. Suggestion: 

No more Pilot available Modifications --> Random Mod Lock or Force for Entire Server

So in one Mission, regardless of Period, I-16 can't have 20mm, 109E must have Armor, next Mission maybe 109F can't Remove Headrest and no RPK for Peshka etc. and this changes every Round. Maybe one or Two of these Per Side per Mission so it doesn't get too annoying. 

How about a 20% Chance per Mission of a Random Lock for each Aircraft? So a Random Lock only appears Once in every Five Rounds for every Aircraft. 

2. Suggestion:

In Period Aircraft Sets P-40 and Mc.202 come in 2nd Period and Bf109F-2 and MiG-3 come later?

1. I didnt understood. Can you explain some more details?

2. Looks interesting. What other pilots think about?

Hi guys,

Want to apologize to =MAG=Batcoh for the friendly fire!! As soon as i dropped my bombs i noticed your strafing run...

Sorry!

Grtz Martijn

1. I didnt understood. Can you explain some more details?

This is difficult for me to put in simple enough English, maybe someone can translate into Russian.

My basic Idea is that at the Start of each Mission a Random Lock Generator Locks Certain Aircraft Mods either Positive or Negative for all Players. 

A Random Lock would occur with a Chance of 20% per Aircraft Type per Mission and never affect more than one Mod at a time and would never Lock Bomb Mods Positively. 

So in an Average Moscow Round (20% or 1 in 5 Missions Chance of a Random Lock on an Aircraft Type, Historical/Balance Locks (Blue Bombs/3.7cm for Stuka etc.) still apply)

LW:

• Bf109E-7 (0 Locks, all Mods freely available)
  • Bf110E (1 Positive Random Lock like "Engine Armor" --> Every 110E in this Mission has Engine Armor)
  • Mc.202 (0 Random Locks)
  • Ju-87 (0 Random Locks, All Historical Locks)
  • He-111H (0 Random Locks, no Blue Bombs)

VVS: 

• I-16 (0 Random Locks)
  • Il-2 (1 Negative Random Lock like 23mm VYa ---> No Il-2 in this Round can have 23mm)
  • P-40E (1 Negative Random Lock for FAB-250 Bomb --> Random Locks for Bomb Modifcations can only be Negative/Unavailable --> No P-40 in this Round can have FAB 250)
  • Pe-2-35 (0 Random Locks)

Of Course, in the Next Round the Random Locks are thrown to the RNG again an Reassigned. 

So the RNG takes the I-16 and there is a 1/5 Chance that it will Lock a Mod Positively or Negatively, Force or Denial of that Mod 50/50. 

Then the RNG takes the Pe-2 with the same Chance of Locking a Mod.

Then the RNG takes a LW Aircraft with the same 20% Chance of Locking a Mod for it and so on and so on. 

I'm trying to Repeat and Make my Intentions clear, but People in my Experience don't understand Statistics very well and get confused quickly or Misunderstand and Mistranslate. 

I mean to say that these Random Locks are assigned NEW for every Round (that's the 2 hours and 26 Minutes thing) and they won't last or have any Impact on the Next Mission. 

The RNG is Airplane Type dependent. It is not to say that 20% of the Aircraft Set will have a Lock of some Sort, there may be Missions were there are no Random Locks at all, there may be Missions where every Aircraft has 1 Modification Randomly Locked. 

That is what I mean. 

Did I say 20% and 1/5 often enough? And did I say per Plane Type per Mission enough? Did I say that Historical Lockouts still remain in Place often enough as well? That this is only meant to Replace the Personal Mods?

I bet People will still misunderstand though. Please People, try to be intelligent and understand my Idea to Attack and Scrutinize it, instead of Misunderstanding and attacking Strawmen. 

I just had an Argument RL and I was this ][ close to physical Violence because she just refused to understand what I said and attacked me for it. 

I hate People. But you can't hit Girls. 

Now I understood :)

That suggestion is interesting. But it requires additional work to modify mission generation system.

As I said before, I'm working on my own stats engine. But this work goes slowly, because I study Django to make this possible. When this job will be finished, we will have much more opportunities to improve the server.

2. Suggestion:

I like that!

I like that!

I agree. Both planes get really overshadowed fast after the newer fighters appear. 

Grt M

I know. That's because we don't know its payloads IDs and mods IDs. It can be found here.

Asked devs about it but nothing happens...

I'll try to get it from another source.

Hi Guys,

I noticed on the stats page that we are flying on the Moscow map again and the planeset has been reset. Has the new campaign started already?

Grt M

I know. That's because we don't know its payloads IDs and mods IDs. It can be found here.

Asked devs about it but nothing happens...

I'll try to get it from another source.

I've asked for it too.

Server started to play last 6 missions of campaign.

It crashed before and I was far away from a computer to fix it. Now it works.

I dont know if it wasnt mentioned already, but is there an option on website to see how much modification i have and which planes I can fly ? If not will you add it ? thx for reponse