Han

Developer Diary, Part 118 - Discussion

Don't be mad on me for not knowing a better, more clear term. Nobody expects DCS Nevada level of detail.

I slowly regret positng this because this comunity simply can't treat humble critic well.

For once I'm on your side of the discussion 5tuka. I also think autumn looks just a tad too brown. Not that I've ever flown above Russia at that time of year.

Anyway, I think it's saying something about how far this game has come over the past year, that we're discussing the right blend of colors on a new map. Think back to the kinds of discussions we had here at the start of 2015.

• Upvote 1

I really do not want to come off as ungrateful, because I am not. This game have gone further than my expectations already. So this is just a question so please do not put more to it than that.

I really am interested in why we cannot get options in more axis controls, like trim.

Will we have the option on bombsight to put all the mouse clickable controls in it to buttons like all other controls.

Most people being in sim community have a Trim wheel and it is a shame it only can be used in German fighters, historical or not. You got the interface and since the vertical stabilator work with the trim wheel, why not Trim. I also like to have bombers, undercarriage, Airbrakes and a lot more on axis control as a option.

Are these things possible? If they are is it a Budget question? or is it policy issues ?

I agree 100% although it is certainly no deal breaker for me.

Because some planes have wheels and some have buttons hence u can only use wheels or buttons to use them. At least I think that's the reasoning

So then if that is the case then why not make it so that it is both ways. Planes that had trim on a wheel for the sake of a flight sim should have trim on axis.

To be honest, the user should have the option to set the controls anyway they want... we aren't sitting in a real cockpit, we aren't feeling real G forces, we don't bail out of an aircraft for real...

It makes no sense to only have certain controls set in the way they are because 'thats how they were in the real plane'... We are not in a real plane, it's a game!

I have no problem with that but that's not what we currently have in BoS. This I'll be more problematic as more aircraft are introduced. Based what I have far I would not be surprised in the least if they eventually addressed this down the road.

As for the maps... Remember it is still a work in progress so I would not be too concerned with whatever visualissues appear at this stage at all.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to the devs who have worked hard to give us this amazing sim. Have a great 2016 and I'm really looking forward to its future developments.

PS those screenshots are works of art.

Cheers

Looking at all the aerial screenshots I can't help but marvel at how far the Il-2 franchise has come since the first Il-2 Sturmovik sim was introduced nearly 16 years ago & everything in Russia was either green or white...Lordy look at it now! ;)

• Upvote 1

Looking awesome.

Surely a lot of hard work has gone into this game.

And its paying off!

Like the way in the video the Devs also have the techno chat turned off! just like the 'real' Yak, nice one guys!

Hope you all a Good New Year.

Keep up the good work.