BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 41

Klunk I'm sure I heard them say that the profile name can be turned off in the full release. I want a clean screen as well.

Great :)

From what they said in the update, after the early access you will indeed be able to turn off the logo and username, but for now they want to keep it in so they can see who is sharing what. makes sense to make, so that they can have at least a little control over how their product is being displayed while it's still in development.

Makes sense!

So please, let this logo and profile name thingy be optional....

Don't worry, in the live stream Loft and Zak talk about it too and around 31m24s it is said you can get rid of the profile name.

Not right now because the early access is still very simple.

Edited by Uufflakke

From what they said in the update, after the early access you will indeed be able to turn off the logo and username, but for now they want to keep it in so they can see who is sharing what. makes sense to make, so that they can have at least a little control over how their product is being displayed while it's still in development.

:ph34r:  How would look the forum here when everyone turn off the logo and username after the early access   :ph34r:

You can find the installer by clicking on your profile name at the top of this forum (NOT YET!).

Could be wrong, but personally I think we'll sooner find it with in our profile and our product key.

We had to log in here, upper page right:

http://il2sturmovik.com/

Remember how Zak explained it:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1366-pre-order-key-activation/

We'll find out soon enough

Just finished watching the DD 41 video.  Great update and thanks for all the information.  I'm very intrigued by the user interface for mapping controls to HOTAS / Keyboard.  It just looks more intuitive and easier to use than the long list of the old Il2.

Thanks

Derek

Will the final, full size map have historical airfield/place names, or the fictional ones like this trial map? 

Historical. Test map is fictionnal but full map will be accuratly modeled.

++

Nice tutorial. I wish I could speak and understand Russian as well as you with English, ( impressive !!! ) I am looking very forward to flying these planes and really like your implementing crosswind takeoffs and landings in the mission selection ( should be fun !!! ) Thanks for keeping us so well informed on the development.  

Cheers---sf 

• Upvote 1

I kind of like the idea of being restricted to test flights with no combat or weapons. That's the best way to appreciate the flight model rather than starting airborne in a quick mission. It's more like a real pilot career, first you have to learn to fly your new plane. It's more enjoyable to get your new toys bit by bit, you'll appreciate each addition more, rather than all at once where it gets lost in the quantity of it all.

• Upvote 6

It really is great to hear them speak. Several times I found myself grinning at something they'd said. They seem like a couple of very smart guys, with a great sense of fun who oddly enough, seem to like us too.

Slightly off topic but I am curious to know how subtitles work. I mean how it got translated.

Automatically by speach?

For instance: when Loft says "aaaaaahm" it is translated by "car". "Press P" is translated "Breastfeed" :blink:  , "Airfields" is "Have Phil's", "Piloting" is "Latino", "Test 1" is "Taste whine" :drink2:  , "Sturmovik" is "Stormy KIA", "Doing this" is "Doing nasty" :blush:  , "Honest with you" is "On this review", "Officially" is "Officer Leesburg". And so on and so on.

Really hilarious. :lol::biggrin::rofl:

Watch it again with subtitles on.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Well, i like it. Its clear structured and has a more technical appeal versus the museum style of the RoF GUI. (Which I like very much, but good that they not just simply copyed the style.)

Mission briefing and debrieging in ww2 style would be nice. Is this planned?

It really is great to hear them speak. Several times I found myself grinning at something they'd said. They seem like a couple of very smart guys, with a great sense of fun who oddly enough, seem to like us too.

I agree.  They make a good double act.  Loft seems worried about his English.  Don't know why.  It's fine and one hundred percent better than my Russian.  

Slightly off topic but I am curious to know how subtitles work. I mean how it got translated.

Automatically by speach?

For instance: when Loft says "aaaaaahm" it is translated by "car". "Press P" is translated "Breastfeed" :blink:  , "Airfields" is "Have Phil's", "Piloting" is "Latino", "Test 1" is "Taste whine" :drink2:  , "Sturmovik" is "Stormy KIA", "Doing this" is "Doing nasty" :blush:  , "Honest with you" is "On this review", "Officially" is "Officer Leesburg". And so on and so on.

Really hilarious. :lol::biggrin::rofl:

Watch it again with subtitles on.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

There are two ways to do subtitles on YouTube - either automatically (not recommended as you've discovered) or manually which of course is quite time-consuming for such a long discourse. 

PS Can anyone comment: Is that a suitable way to use the word "discourse". Thanks grammaticans. :-)

Edited by FlyingNutcase

I had to chuckle when Loft was explaining his software installation. "Next, next  next, next." I think most of us nodded in agreement, thinking, "Yup, I do that."

• Upvote 2

I honestly think its a shame, the siver bar founders have to wait longer! They too supported the pre release!

I honestly think its a shame, the siver bar founders have to wait longer! They too supported the pre release!

But you didn't pay as much.

Looks very nice and very close to what i'm used to in ROF. Still like the hangar idea.

At the end of video, i just noticed they took same external pilot random moves as it is in ROF! Very nice touch, it was a success in ROF already  :cool:

But didn't understood well about the "IL2 + name" little window remaining at top left screen while starting mission...I hope we can get rid of it  :wacko:

Edited by Fifi

The name in the top corner is more about security, its only there for the alpha.

The option to remove it will be added later.

• Upvote 1

The name in the top corner is more about security, its only there for the alpha.

The option to remove it will be added later.

I don't understand this security reason. To assign an issue, seen in an user video yes, but security? If people want to spread shit, whatever it would be actually, they can easily blur the name, can't they?

I suspect most of the "shit" as you put it, will be spread by those who don't have the game.

^^ The sad truth

I like the casual banter they have with each other, sounds to me like a happy work place, add their passion for flight simming and I'd say the future of BOS is looking good.

Good to see that 777 has decent GUI designers.

It seems they've learned from Steam and iOS which is a good thing :cool:

The Il2 looks great already!

Cant wait, thanks

Sputnik

• Upvote 1

I want to know why Zak has an almost British accent.

Their accent from the Live-Stream was great. The British accent that you heard comes almost from the Russian accent.

He does, doesn't he?

They are entertaining to listen to - professional and doing what needs to be done, but nice and unscripted.

• Upvote 1

GUI looks clean and sharp to me already, you got some real good talent assembled there in all areas. Nice update, thanks for your hard work!

:good:

MAC

Looks very nice and very close to what i'm used to in ROF. 

It does look very similar to RoF,  which is a good thing.  I've seen a few threads started asking advice on setting up controls, hotas, etc.  If you haven't got Rise of Flight then I'd download the F2P and have a run through the control set up there.  BoS will use the same system.

Also, if you have an Nvidia graphics card then I'd really, really recommend having a good look at this thread;

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=35258

The meat and potatos;

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?psq20fzuaa8csba

These settings give a really good base from which to experiment.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I never had any reservations about putting my money up in the first place....but after listening to these guys talk about the sim.....it gave me a really good feeling that this is going to be a superb product when it's completed. 

Because he isn't british?

Their accent from the Live-Stream was great. The British accent that you heard comes almost from the Russian accent.

Sounded more like Belarusian accent, it was quite distinctively different to LOFT's accent and he sounds very Russian to me.