BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 41

Dear friends,

We'll be live streaming the game on Twitch in 10-20 minutes from now. You'll see the version of the game that you're getting for early access on November 19th. Loft and I are going to show you the game interface and tell a few words about first steps in IL2BOS.

Watch us on http://www.twitch.tv/il2sturmovik. The record will be published later today on our YouTube channel

So, here goes the record of the live stream

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 1

ok  all system go here

kebab delivery on its way

soft drinks chilled

ready to nerd like if there was no tomorrow

• Upvote 2

At the moment I feel like a nerd waiting in a line in front of an Apple Store for their newest iPhone. :huh:

I looked at the download that he started looks like the Download is 4 GB big.

Good that the developers use known ways of settings for throttle etc. like in IL-2 Sturmovik and RoF, and not re-invent the wheel

When the Early Access starts could we have a Thread only for Founder where we post what we like and what could be change????

EDIT: And to post bugs that we have found

Edited by Superghostboy

The GUI is not final. The final GUI may look quite a bit different. Final GUI won't be ready for several months.

Jason

When the Early Access start could we have a Thread where we post what we like and what could be change????

Yes, in the special place.

Too bad, just missed it! :(

Waiting for youtube upload... and for Tuesday! :cool:

++

Thanks folks. I really enjoyed the update. Many many similarities to RoF. The transition should be pretty easy for anyone familiar with that game.

I was thinking to myself when the video options were displayed that Loft changed the graphics dimensions..... NO! Now the game is in 4x3. Oh well.

Now started 19:37 CET !!!!!

End just ended 20:10 User interface looks very nice. Russian version also showed the aircraft database, looks good.

Wow that was a very cool look into the development process. I can only speak for myself, but seeing that and hearing the attitudes of the development team i am constantly reassured that we the customers and flight sim fans are what drive you developers to create such a great labor of love for us to share.

I appreciate, whole heartedly the effort and expertise that 1CGS have shown in both their honesty and skill in developing this next great combat flight simulation.

I CANNOT WAIT! Great work!

Hooves

As I see in video Steam Show 32 % for work progress

but the quality of the work is very very good.

Thank you.

Nice stream. The interface looks really similar to RoF. A little bit streamlined. I like it very much. Curious how the final interface will look like.

Never thought that my tension could get such close to the boiling point. I am more  the placid guy, but I really can´t  wait until the 19th.!!! Thats gonna be a hell of a night and a lousy working day on 20th... :biggrin:

HELL YEAH!!!!

:o:

At the moment I feel like a nerd waiting in a line in front of an Apple Store for their newest iPhone. :huh:

Oh you could drop by for a try on my rig, would not mind.

Would even go for an beer ready for you in the fridge LOL.

Interface looks so ROF-alike I love it already :O)

Thank you very much Loft & Zak for the extra hour input, sure hope those Fridays wont wear you out.

Edited by West

The GUI is not final. The final GUI may look quite a bit different. Final GUI won't be ready for several months.

Jason

I like the placeholder, sturdy and fuctional just like the Il-2 :)

Edited by ImPeRaToR
  • Upvote 1

Jason

Great to hear Jason that the GUI is not finial. Maybe the Color from "Hardcore" Realism Settings change to a Red Color? 

Great to hear Jason that the GUI is not finial. Maybe the Color from "Hardcore" Realism Settings change to a Red Color? 

Well, i like it. Its clear structured and has a more technical appeal versus the museum style of the RoF GUI. (Which I like very much, but good that they not just simply copyed the style.) 

I like the overall GUI layout, but it doesn't ring a WW2 theme to me. I am sure it will be improved, since it's WIP.

Only a couple of days to go!

I like the overall GUI layout, but it doesn't ring a WW2 theme to me. I am sure it will be improved, since it's WIP.

Only a couple of days to go!

Thats a good point. What kind of elements would you expect to see? Im trying to think about what would help it feel WWII. But am drawing a blank. I would avoid a local to stalingrad gui to not have ti rebuild for every theater. But still you want elements of it. I would hate to see an IL2 clone. But i gotta say the wwII feel is right on.

Hey I  have a funny Idea

Why don't we help the  Dev.Team to design UI

same like design Product Box

and get the rewards  

:biggrin:

If I look at the Hangar from World of Planes to compare to the Alpha Build from the Live-Stream. I like that Hangar from the Alpha Build more. Its very nice to see the Fog on Ground with the lamp and ember around the plane. I like this effect. Cant wait how the finish Hangar would look with this effects from the Alpha Build.  :cool: