MiG-3 cockpit guide and operating notes

post-549-0-88449400-1450800981_thumb.png

Engine: AM-35A

Max Continuous Power: 1120 mmHg, 2175 RPM

Max Emergency Power: 1210 mmHg, 2175 RPM

Supercharger: single-speed

Fuel mixture: manually controlled; increasing this to the maximum setting will allow the engine to function in boosted mode

Oil Radiators: manually controlled

Water Radiators: manually controlled

Tailwheel: non-lockable

Lighting: cockpit, navigation, and landing

Adjustable trim: pitch and yaw

Flaps: by default, the flaps will lower to their maximum setting. To decrease the angle to which they will deploy, press and hold the Flaps Up key until the desired angle is reached. Conversely, press and hold the Flaps Down key to increase the angle. The max flap angle can be seen on the floor of the cockpit, just ahead of the flight stick.

Weapon systems: the ShKAS, 2x UBS, and 2x ShVAK weapons are assigned to Weapon Group 1. The UBK gunpods and the default single UBS machine gun are assigned to Weapon Group 2.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13

Ok, thanks.

I'm trying to put together a sheet with all relevant data from all planes.

It includes temps, rpm and manifold settings at T/o, climb, normops, emerg and landing, as well as different speeds for different ops.

It's quite a bit of data to wade through, so I'm glad with all the help you provided so far.

:salute:

Edit:

The rocket control panel is also for the bombs.

Edited by Bando

Ok but where is the stick for beating back the horde of hot Russian women who will inevitably congregate around me when I land anywhere in this thing?

It's beautiful, isn't it?

I was googling for check list or operation notes for this plane, but no luck.

Thanks LukeFF.  I'm so glad that you make these for all the new BOM aircrafts as they come out.  Maybe it would be worth mentioning on the first post that increasing the mixture will allow higher manifold pressures?  Just a suggestion.

Thanks LukeFF.  I'm so glad that you make these for all the new BOM aircrafts as they come out.  Maybe it would be worth mentioning on the first post that increasing the mixture will allow higher manifold pressures?  Just a suggestion.

Good idea; I've amended my post. Thanks!

Ok, thanks.

I'm trying to put together a sheet with all relevant data from all planes.

It includes temps, rpm and manifold settings at T/o, climb, normops, emerg and landing, as well as different speeds for different ops.

It's quite a bit of data to wade through, so I'm glad with all the help you provided so far.

:salute:

Edit:

The rocket control panel is also for the bombs.

Gee, Bando, it would be great if you could do that!

I've been thinking of doing a spreadsheet as a ready-reference if one wants to hop into an aircraft that one hasn't flown in for some time and one doesn't want to have to have a few test-flights to re-learn all its peculiarities - I was thinking of the following:

Tailwheel                              Lockable or Not?

Torque                                  To the Left or To the Right?

Take-off Flaps position          x%

Rotation Speed                      xxx kph

Landing Flaps position           x%

Landing Approach Speed      xxx kph

Touch-down/Stall Speed       xxx kph

Individual wheel brakes         Yes/No

Standard Armament               xx mm Cannon

xx mm machine guns

For those who are into CEM, there would be a load of other things to tabulate eg max radiator temp etc

One can get a lot from Chuck's Manual but, of course, that dealt with the BoS aircraft and not the BoM aircraft.

Max Continuous Power: 1120 :mmHg, 2175 RPM
Max Emergency Power: 1210 mmHg, 2175 RPM

Supercharger: single-speed
Fuel mixture: manually controlled; increasing this to the maximum setting will allow the engine to function in boosted mode
Oil Radiators: manually controlled
Water Radiators: manually controlled

Tailwheel: non-lockable

Lighting: cockpit, navigation, and landing

Adjustable trim: pitch and yaw

Flaps: by default, the flaps will lower to their maximum setting. To decrease the angle to which they will deploy, press and hold the Flaps Up key until the desired angle is reached. Conversely, press and hold the Flaps Down key to increase the angle. The max flap angle can be seen on the floor of the cockpit, just ahead of the flight stick.

Weapon systems: the ShKAS, 2x UBS, and 2x ShVAK weapons are assigned to Weapon Group 1. The UBK gunpods and the default single UBS machine gun are assigned to Weapon Group 2.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Max Nominal Power: 1040±25 mmHg, 2050 RPM

Max Take-off Power: 1240±25 mmHg, 2050 RPM  - 5 min.

MAXIMUM PERMISSABLE DIVING RPM: 2250 - 30 sec.

Source:

Reference Handbook: Aircraft Engines. NKAP. USSR. 1943. (construction-operation & repair)

Reference Handbook: Aircraft Engines. NKAP. USSR. 1944. (construction-operation & repair)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the guide LukeFF.

My tacho reads 2075 rpm with fine prop pitch, even in boost mode.

Is your listed 2175 rpm a typo or am I doing something wrong?

Yep, good catch. I was reading the tachometer incorrectly. Thanks!

Max Nominal Power: 1040±25 mmHg, 2050 RPM

Max Take-off Power: 1240±25 mmHg, 2050 RPM  - 5 min.

MAXIMUM PERMISSABLE DIVING RPM: 2250 - 30 sec.

Source:

Reference Handbook: Aircraft Engines. NKAP. USSR. 1943. (construction-operation & repair)

Reference Handbook: Aircraft Engines. NKAP. USSR. 1944. (construction-operation & repair)

WARNING: Exceeding a diving speed of 645 km/h IAS is prohibited due to conditions of airplane vibration.

Source:

MiG-3. Short Description. 1941

Edited by Askania
  • Upvote 1