Han

Game version 1.106 discussion: MiG-3

Thanks for the update

Anybody else with Trackir problems?

Has never been a problem since Early Bos install over a year ago.
Did work before update and still does in ROF and other sims on the same rig.
However when BOS/BOM gets activated now its blue control light does not want to come on and in QM trackir control does no longer work.
It’s a trackir 4 on v 5.1.300 with my usual profile on “exclusive”
PC is rebooted more than once since ...

Never had that issue but I'm also using TIR5 with the most recent games list/client update.

Have you tried updating your games list or redownloading/reinstalling the software?

• Upvote 1

Thank you devs!!

Great update and a wonderful new plane to fly.

Merry Christmas to you all.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update

Anybody else with Trackir problems?

Has never been a problem since Early Bos install over a year ago.
Did work before update and still does in ROF and other sims on the same rig.
However when BOS/BOM gets activated now its blue control light does not want to come on and in QM trackir control does no longer work.
It’s a trackir 4 on v 5.1.300 with my usual profile on “exclusive”
PC is rebooted more than once since ...

you don't have the latest version, the latest version is 5.2.200 not 5.1.300..

update your track ir...

• Upvote 1

20. AI turret gunners now engage attacking fighters at 3 times longer distance if they have plenty of ammo left.   ​

Very good, no easy bomber kills.

Edited by Bussard

WOW, what a Christmas Present! Thanks again to the crew and Happiest Of Holidays to you and yours.

What about the ridiculous overdone smoke with the tank main gun making it impossible to see where your shots land and impossible to correct your aim? I read you guys were going to address that problem in this update and reduce that smoke, but I see no mention of it in this update.

Read again. The only ridiculous thing here is how little you bothered to read.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 4

Seems to me the AI gunners die when the engines die. I've bellied in softly, rear gunner dies. An AI He111 bellied in on a landing run with one gear, all AI gunners died when the engines went. Shot out an Il-2's engine, it slowly went and shortly after the "all aircraft destroyed" message in QMB - the AI gunner died and the pilot bailed out.

Not sure what the AI gunners death is tied to, but they are dying when I assume the aircraft is meets the "dead" criteria.

I don't want to jump to conclusions... But I think someone has found a way to hack or use cheats to make the tanks invulnerable... Was just playing on MP and was against a player called "Zep"  Myself and my allies rolled within firing range with our T34 tanks and all shot at him however we noticed something odd.. After about 10 rounds from everyone (They were hitting his tank...) no death? He was just still sat there with only visual damage on his tank. He wasn't moving but he could still shoot. We kept shooting and I nearly exhausted my ammo on him before he killed me and all my allies. I encountered him again in the same spot and tried to kill him again with a fresh tank. Same problem! No matter how many shots I put into him anywhere on his tank he would not explode. During this time I had been typing in chat asking if everyone else found it weird he couldn't die and people were getting suspicious. I asked directly to him "Zep are you cheating?" and I also typed "I really do hope no one found a way to cheat/hack in this game" which he must have read as shortly after one of my allied tanks shot at him and he died and then left the server pretty promptly. Very suspicious, my thoughts were that he stopped whatever he was doing to make him invulnerable let himself die and then left.  

HOWEVER it could just be a bug and none of our rounds were registering? :s Either way I thought I would mention it!!  :salute:  :ph34r:

I have serious problems to understand number 44. Why? In MP many times the teams are imbalanced and some of us stop flying the planes we like and move to the other team to help improving that balance. Now you punish us for this?

I don't get it.

For the rest of the update, congrats, looks great.

Edited by bokepacha
  • Upvote 1

I don't want to jump to conclusions... But I think someone has found a way to hack or use cheats to make the tanks invulnerable... Was just playing on MP and was against a player called "Zep"  Myself and my allies rolled within firing range with our T34 tanks and all shot at him however we noticed something odd.. After about 10 rounds from everyone (They were hitting his tank...) no death? He was just still sat there with only visual damage on his tank. He wasn't moving but he could still shoot. We kept shooting and I nearly exhausted my ammo on him before he killed me and all my allies. I encountered him again in the same spot and tried to kill him again with a fresh tank. Same problem! No matter how many shots I put into him anywhere on his tank he would not explode. During this time I had been typing in chat asking if everyone else found it weird he couldn't die and people were getting suspicious. I asked directly to him "Zep are you cheating?" and I also typed "I really do hope no one found a way to cheat/hack in this game" which he must have read as shortly after one of my allied tanks shot at him and he died and then left the server pretty promptly. Very suspicious, my thoughts were that he stopped whatever he was doing to make him invulnerable let himself die and then left.  

HOWEVER it could just be a bug and none of our rounds were registering? :s Either way I thought I would mention it!!  :salute:  :ph34r:

:biggrin:  ----> Good to see that there are others. I had the feeling I was alone with that experience. Good to known that this means to be invulnerable. I was thinking that this is the great armor from my tank that helps me to survive. This is just a funny bug nothing more. :salute:

Edited by Superghostboy

And video or track? If you see something suspicious you should record it.

Jason

• Upvote 1

Love it , but can't get the gol-durned thing to start from fully off.I can turn the engine off but no keystroke command gets it going again....Help!  :angry:

It starts up like any other plane.

I would say that was just an extremely lucky PzIII. I have had few occasions in Panzer where my track was busted and I was stuck in favourable location. I could still turn because other track was ok. I have taken a lot of hits but mainly from front sector and hold out pretty long. But always destruction came at some point. This was in previous version of the game though.

Dear Devs. On time on target, again and again. Thanks for 2015 and looking forward to an even greater 2016.... BOS+BOM+Battle of XXXXX  :biggrin:  :salute:

Looking good,

Just need something like this to customise the technochat for the servers that want a Full Real experience,

and it will be perfect!

Nice job Devs.

Keep up the good work!

post-13065-0-73350900-1450821851_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sorry Jason I didn't have my software running  :(  I wouldn't put it down to luck guys, there were over 50 AP rounds that hit that tank  :mellow:  As Superghostboy mentioned it might just be a bug?  :wacko:

Edited by Bullets

It starts up like any other plane.

It wouldn't first time through- rebooted game & it worked fine Thanks! ;)

I'm really pleased you have put a balance system into multiplayer. That really has made a difference to gameplay - especially for the often outnumbered Russian pilots.  Thx guys and combined with all your other improvements and tweaks this game is now one of the best in my opinion'

Big thank you from me. Looking forward to taking some time off of the grind over Crimbo and putting some hours into BoS! 

First of all, thank you very much for the update guys. 

Second, I noticed smoke trails coming from damaged planes move all over the place (hit F3 fly-by view). I dont know if this is a bug or not, but it looks really awful. Tried changing camera settings but the problem persists.

Keep up the good work devs!

Seems to me the AI gunners die when the engines die. I've bellied in softly, rear gunner dies. An AI He111 bellied in on a landing run with one gear, all AI gunners died when the engines went. Shot out an Il-2's engine, it slowly went and shortly after the "all aircraft destroyed" message in QMB - the AI gunner died and the pilot bailed out.

Not sure what the AI gunners death is tied to, but they are dying when I assume the aircraft is meets the "dead" criteria.

Noticed bug with AI gunners too. il-2 mission in qmb. Aircraft was badly hit and I pressed ctrl+E to bail out. Pilot got out ok. Watching the track back in slow motion - rear gunner undoes his straps, is about to bail, then for no reason slumps back in his seat dead before plane hits the ground.

Edited by kendo

Damn! I had a lot of x-mas stuff to not do, and a lot of lack of X-mas not to spend with my relatives! Guess I have to avoid doing nothing,  and plug in the stick tomorrow! (today says my clock)

Good work! :salute:

I wouldn't limit this sort of "Phenomena" to Tanks...I've seen some weird stuff online in Aircraft too...as if invulnerability were enabled.  Of course it could be a latency issue, but that wouldn't explain the uncanny ability of certain players to find you on the map any time they want and being somehow impossible to take by surprise.   Also not jumping to conclusions or mentioning any names, but you aren't the first person who has felt this way...

Edited by TheElf

I don't play multiplayer that often, so I'm not sure what the benefit of the additional 50 or 100 points is. Maybe so you can brag about how high you are on the scoreboard at the end of a round? Being first never mattered much to me. I have more fun just flying around and bombing tanks no matter what side I'm on as long as it's balanced. I find that many people prefer a certain side and will choose that side even if it makes the game unbalanced. I'll usually switch sides to even it out if I can.  :)

I don't play multiplayer that often, so I'm not sure what the benefit of the additional 50 or 100 points is. Maybe so you can brag about how high you are on the scoreboard at the end of a round? Being first never mattered much to me. I have more fun just flying around and bombing tanks no matter what side I'm on as long as it's balanced. I find that many people prefer a certain side and will choose that side even if it makes the game unbalanced. I'll usually switch sides to even it out if I can.  :)

HI

What you said is right.

But it could compensate this problem, if it were added the AI ( expert mode) to balance the faction penalized minority players....as was in IL 2 1946.

PS.

About patchs, every improvements, and additions ,it will be always a nice welcome...especially about the stability of pitching of certain aircrafts. ;)

Happy Christmas Time.

Edited by Ltn_F_Baracca

Thank you  Devs for all your hard work and this Christmas gift to the community .

Treat yourselves to a few vodkas.

Happy Christmas too every one .

Quite aware. Talking about with the modification.

...and the modification arms the plane with 2x UBS, not 3.

Looking good,

Just need something like this to customise the technochat for the servers that want a Full Real experience,

and it will be perfect!

Nice job Devs.

Keep up the good work!

Completly agree!!!

Plz, plz, plz.

Saludos

15(Span.)/JG51 Costa

A MIG-3 series 24 for Christmas, WwooOHhooO :)

Thank you.

Nice flying Han, the ambient sound, sounds very immersive aswell, (in the footage attached to this update)

So many great improvements and details, wow! A real pleasure reading this :salute:

Have a very merry Christmas everyone.

Regards

http://www.naturalpoint.com/update/index.html?user_version=5.2.200&user_product=TrackIR5

I have no idea what 5.3.0 is? I don't see that version.

Here you go, reads 5.3.0:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

:salute:

Got me on the right track again.

Had to reinstall a 2nd time on a fresh reboot because 1st time around there must still have been some trackir part left active after closing the program.

So when after that 1st time it still did not work in BOS and much against better knowing I checked the version anyway and what you know, the old version was still there.

So fresh start, reinstall and bingo all the xmas lights LOL

Thanks for the helping hand, guys.

Are contrails gone? Just started a QM at 6000m and no contrails?  :huh:

Here you go, reads 5.3.0:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

:salute:

Got me on the right track again.

Had to reinstall a 2nd time on a fresh reboot because 1st time around there must still have been some trackir part left active after closing the program.

So when after that 1st time it still did not work in BOS and much against better knowing I checked the version anyway and what you know, the old version was still there.

So fresh start, reinstall and bingo all the xmas lights LOL

Thanks for the helping hand, guys.

Thanks for the heads up... just re installed mine :)