What planes should be added after BOM?

Before my suggestion, let' suppose that there is a WWII tank simulate game, if it has two DLC on sale, one contains Panzer IV and T70, the other has Tiger I and T-34-85, so which one will be sale more better? The answer is obvious, the DLC contains Tiger I and T-34-85 will sale more and get more profit for developers.

So my suggestions is also obvious, if developers want to make IL2 series sustained and go on for long time, more famous, make more profit, after the BOM finaly released, their next DLC should be about the peakedness piston propeller-driven planes in 1945~1949, like La-9, Yak-3( VK107), Ta-152, Fw190D, Bf109K4 and others.

The reason is obvious in my first paragraph, the simulated flight game players, only few of them not mind which planes that they can flying in game, for these players, the FM and DM is most important thing, but they are so few. Most of SF players are both mind the FM, DM and the type of planes, so if they can not flying the planes they like, they will lack of interest in game, they also won't buy the game.

The peakedness and in late WWII planes will be more famous for players, because these planes are better or best at that time, and there is no more planes can surpass these planes in past time.

Compare to other types game, the SF game players are few, if the IL2 series want to go on for long time, it should be get enough profit, so if developers only makes planes in early and mid WWII at first, there will less players to buy it, it is serious for developers, they may even have no money to make the planes in late and passed WWII, although these planes may make enough profit for developers. In fact, I am lack of interest in BOM, I buy the BOS only because it has La-5, but the most plane which I want is La-9, if IL2 series sale it for 100 dollars, I will buy it at once.

There is also a problem, the most profitable DLC is about the late and passed WWII planes, that's why DCS world sale P-51D, Fw190D and Bf109K4 DLCs, not sale P38, Fw190A and Bf109F, that's also why the WarThunder make more high tier planes than the low tier planes. If IL2 series developers sale these planes after early and mid planes DLCs, it will make less profit than sale them at first, why? If IL2 1946 sales a new DLC at 2015, how much will it is? New contents DLCs for a old game which have old graph engine, old game framework, old game interface and sounds, music, and other old things, this new DLC won't costly.

So that's why it is necessary to make La-9, Yak-3( VK107), Ta-152, Fw190D, Bf109K4 and other late or passed WWII planes in 1945~1949 after BOM. There is no suitable campaign for these planes? No problem, set a overhead history, the name of this DLC is Battle of 1946, that will a good campaign. If this not be allowed, sale these planes only, no campaign, they can be used in Quick Mission and Multiplayer which allow these planes can be used.

Thanks!!!

Edited by zyss

How about "nope".

Any new planes should fit the current plane set, either by being contemporary (1941-42) or slightly earlier or later (a 1943 scenario being the most likely)

That way the new planes will constitute an expansion of the plane set rather than being seperate from it. A 1945 plane set, or even worse a fictional 1946-? plane set, will feel utterly disconnected.

• Upvote 5

I'd like to see variants of planes we already have for each game, because it would make sense. 

For BoM

LaGG-3 seria 1-3:  This is the legendary first 3 production batches from the 21st factory, before Operation Barbarossa started. It still had fully retractable Tailwheels and Klimov P-105, which allowed it 500kph at Sea Level and 575 at 5000m, which allows it to outrun the Bf109E, with any of the DB601A models, below 5000m and it climbs better than the current P-40 at 12.5 m/s.

The Best thing however are 5 Nose Mounted Guns, 2x7.62 Shkas, 2x12.7 UBK and either 1xUBS or ShvaK in the Propeller.

It turns in roughly 22 seconds.

Yak-1 early 1941 model:

This is powered by the VK-105P, so it's not brilliant, but good enough. It's however not effected by glass shortage, so it has more of it.

yak-1-s.gif

Ju-87 B-2

This is an older model of the Stuka. It has a JuMo 211D of 1200PS, shorter wingspan than the D-3 in BoS and a different cockpit design. The Defensive gun was an MG17. It carried either a 250kg below the fuselage and 4x50kg below the wings, or a single 500kg.

For BoS:

Bf110 F-series: This is aerodynamically smoother than Bf110E we have right now. It has a Top Speed of just below 600kph, can carry the same Bomb Load. The engines are the same as the Bf109F-4. The Defensive Gun is the very fast firing MG81.

The Forward firing guns are 2xMG-151 instead of MG FF/M and the Machine guns are the same.

Ju-88 A-4: same as BoS, but MG81 Defensive Guns, as well as more gun options, like MG FF for Ground Attack and Stafing etc.

• Upvote 2

In order to make the game more balanced I figure two more level bombers on Russian side would do the trick

Tupolev SB 2 (Would not make the Red Army stronger, but it would be fun to fly)

WW_SB2.jpg

Ilyushin DB-3 or IL 4

il_db-3-s.gif

Or make a heavy PE- 8 (If you can dream it, dream big)

amo72142.jpg

• Upvote 3

I dunno... If we are going to go with later model planes to make the Il2 series more famous and to make everyone buy it I would say we need an Su-35, F-22, B-2, MiG-29... You could really kick some ass over Stalingrad in a MiG-29. Those 111s and stukas wouldn't stand a chance.

• Upvote 1

I dunno... If we are going to go with later model planes to make the Il2 series more famous and to make everyone buy it I would say we need an Su-35, F-22, B-2, MiG-29... You could really kick some ass over Stalingrad in a MiG-29. Those 111s and stukas wouldn't stand a chance.

Unfortunately, the advantage of IL2 series is just WWII planes( piston propeller-driven planes) and the battle of Eastern Front, the latest year of plane shouldn't pass 1950, so that's why I suggest La-9, Ta-152 and others, because in 193X~1950, the famous planes are just them.

IL2 series is not DCS world, so how to go on for long, and make more profit in its advantage is an important thing for developers.

Edited by zyss

Late 1942 The Battle of Britain .

Hawker Hurricane - Bf 109 E

P-39 Aircobra - Ju87

Avro Lancaster B.I- FW 200 C Condor Big Bombers

De Havilland D.H. 98 Mosquito - Junkers Ju88

Premium :

Spitfier MkV - Bf 109 G6

Hawker Typhoon Tempest II - FW 190 A4

Thank T-34-38 Vs Tiger I or Panther V

For the same price of BOS & BOM .

There is always a desire to have it "just a little bit better"... first 1943, then '44, then '45... then 1946. The original post even suggested 1949!

Every time this happens, you are effectively downgrading the existing plane set. Who would fly a Yak-1, when you can fly a Yak-17. Thus, this propensity to go later and later means just two aircraft ever being used with everything else being discarded as "not worth flying".

To me, it seems better to expand the plane-set laterally (i.e. more from 1941 and '42), thus resulting in more variety and a richer series. Thus there should not be Yak-17s or Me-262s but, instead, Do-17, DB-3, Ju-52, He-115, G.50, etc.

• Upvote 3

There is always a desire to have it "just a little bit better"... first 1943, then '44, then '45... then 1946. The original post even suggested 1949!

Every time this happens, you are effectively downgrading the existing plane set. Who would fly a Yak-1, when you can fly a Yak-17. Thus, this propensity to go later and later means just two aircraft ever being used with everything else being discarded as "not worth flying".

To me, it seems better to expand the plane-set laterally (i.e. more from 1941 and '42), thus resulting in more variety and a richer series. Thus there should not be Yak-17s or Me-262s but, instead, Do-17, DB-3, Ju-52, He-115, G.50, etc.

I'm hoping that we see a progression through to 1945 and a widening of the plane sets in the time periods that we already have. But I don't think having the better plane invalidates the older one - sure there are always a few players that want the ultimate aircraft but I think most of us like the ability to climb through history from the early types to the last of the high performance piston engines.

I am pretty happy that we took a step back to the Moscow battle... It's nice to have the earlier types.

No thank you.

But I can understand that some people who are only interested in fighters would think like that.

They should progress to 1943 or stay in 1941/42 in a different theatre.

Edited by Matt

Why do people play RoF then ? There are terrible planes even compared with the worst plane in BoS. And why play BoS if you can have a A-10c in DCS ? This doesn't really make sense to me. There are always more powerful, better armed, faster, tougher planes then you already play with, but each sim is desgined around a typical period, so why would you want later WWII planes in Battle of Moscou ? They did fight the Battle of Britain in spitfire Mk XIV, so you'd expect there aren't any ! For me, same appplies here, we have the planes of the time, of Battle of Stalingrad's time. I don't agree with you on this one.

There are needs for simers for sims other then just with the biggest engine ever, and what is A-10 against Star Citizen's ships ? I hope my point is clear, and makes sense :)

I just don't think adding more powerful plays to the sim, that aren't from the right period would really make some new people come in, surely some would leave

Ju-52 - Everything already exist except cockpit 

Fi-156 - Han said something in the question thread that recon might be possible next year and it exist in RoF 

Fw-189 - Similar to 156

Po-2 

IL-4 - Russians need something big

Li-2 - Would fit together with the 52 if they develop paratroopers or dropping cargo. Could also be re-used for the western front. 

Me-323 - Because reasons 

Edited by 6./ZG26_McKvack
  • Upvote 1

Fi-156 - Han said something in the question thread that recon might be possible next year and it exist in RoF 

Fw-189 - Similar to 156

Po-2 

Li-2 - Would fit together with the 52 if they develop paratroopers or dropping cargo. Could also be re-used for the western front. 

Me-323 - Because reasons 

and the Su-2 :)

and the Su-2 :)

I thought I was alone here! The Su-2 is important for early war scenarios, it could do recon, strike and level bombing, it wasn't great at any of them but still fought its way through.

Although I'm with the crowd that wants 1943, it seems logical considering the current instalments.

• Upvote 1

Fw-189 - Similar to 156

Po-2 

Me-323 - Because reasons 

Me321

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

troika1.jpg

z4.jpg

I'd really like to see the P-39, for various reasons:

• It was an ace-maker in the VVS;
  • it is technically different from the other fighters with its tricycle gear and central engine;
  • it's got interesting armament;
  • VVS pilots thought it was a great match for the German fighters - American pilots thought it was inferior. I'd love to find out myself;
  • It fits well into the timeframe that's covered by the existing plane set.
  • Upvote 2

Late 1942 The Battle of Britain .

Hawker Hurricane - Bf 109 E

P-39 Aircobra - Ju87

Avro Lancaster B.I- FW 200 C Condor Big Bombers

De Havilland D.H. 98 Mosquito - Junkers Ju88

Premium :

Spitfier MkV - Bf 109 G6

Hawker Typhoon Tempest II - FW 190 A4

Thank T-34-38 Vs Tiger I or Panther V

For the same price of BOS & BOM .

I'd buy that in an instant!!!!!!

• it is technically different from the other fighters with its tricycle gear and central engine;
  • VVS pilots thought it was a great match for the German fighters - American pilots thought it was inferior. I'd love to find out myself;

+1 !

+2 It was in the original IL2 in 2001 iirc and it was a great plane and a lot of fun to fly

How about "nope".

Any new planes should fit the current plane set, either by being contemporary (1941-42) or slightly earlier or later (a 1943 scenario being the most likely)

That way the new planes will constitute an expansion of the plane set rather than being seperate from it. A 1945 plane set, or even worse a fictional 1946-? plane set, will feel utterly disconnected.

yeah i pretty much agree with this. a fictional planeset is the least i personally would be interested in, and i guess for many also the historical background is a reason to either buy or not buy a combat flight sim...and thats why i think that the logical next step after BOM would be a western scenario with spits and hurricanes, and also american planes to get more profit from that potential market.

Bf110 F-series:..................

The Forward firing guns are 2xMG-151 instead of MG FF/M and the Machine guns are the same.

in book of Mankau/Petrick written, that Bf 110 F was armed with 4xMG 17 + 2xMG FF/M, plus 2xMG 151/20 only as "Ruestsatz M1".

but Bf 110 F-2 is still very good addition, of course, especially, if this model really was used in North Africa.

If staying on the Eastern Front, I'm looking forward to the 109G-6 vs Yak-9 matchup.

I'd say if they really want to make this more sustainable though (read:bring in more money), they should do at most one more Eastern Europe game, then move on to Western Europe or another theater that has equally wide appeal.

I'm inspired to share my own personal suggestion with the dev's, knowing how crucial it is for them to have my input.  If they really want ME to be ecstatically happy with this sim, they next need to create an F8F Bearcat for the series, with some slight historical 'tweaks,' starting with it being available in all theaters including Stalingrad and Moscow.  More importantly, it should ONLY be accessible to me.  And finally, it should be accessible to me on all servers, but especially those where all opposing pilots are limited to flying slow, sluggish multiengine aircraft with very light armament.

I'm not sure this would improve sales of the game a great deal, but I would definitely try to talk all my friends into buying it, and flying for the opposing side.  (I'll need plenty of targets to run up my stats!)  Also, I'll be REALLY REALLY glad that I have bought the game, which I know is, like, SUPER important to the devs.  ;)

Oops!  My 'sarcasm' reflex got the best of me there for a minute.  Had to have some fun.  :biggrin:   Seriously, OP, along with most people here I understand passion about a particular plane(s).  (Though for most here, late war/post war isn't their passion like it is yours... and I'm not convinced as many people 'out there' as you seem to think hold those planes as their #1 choice either.)  I also follow your logic, and there may even be some truth to it in terms of mass appeal.  No way to prove that is there?  But, you won't find a big reception for it on these forums regardless of whether your sales theory holds water or not.  You've seen most of the reasons already.  Personally I don't really care what planes the devs add if it truly keeps money coming to them and breathes continued life into the game, and as long as designers can limit what each server allows.  Ought to be room for everyone, if possible.

Edited by =FI=Blue2

Let's see: the OP's logic is that later planes are better, and better planes sell better. So logically the next plane set should be an  F-35, and a collection of drones...

Nope. I'm interested in flying aircraft in the relevant proper historical context - and don't consider a Bf 109K inherently any more suited to that purpose than a Fokker Eindecker. 

Edited by AndyJWest

The HE 115 as flyable would be the first . I would love that. I agree, we should expand so all planes we have make sense. Good post.

A good modeled DO 17 would be even better, a very popular plane among the pilots. Very maneuverable and still capable as a dive bomber

The ME-210 or 410 would also make sense in a later war project as MP suggested above. It will not make a significant balance in favor for Luftwaffe, but would be very interesting to fly

Edited by LuseKofte

I thought I was alone here! The Su-2 is important for early war scenarios, it could do recon, strike and level bombing, it wasn't great at any of them but still fought its way through.

Although I'm with the crowd that wants 1943, it seems logical considering the current instalments.

The SU 2 was actually a good plane and very popular among its pilots, the reason it was stopped as production was the very same as the pilot liked it. Very good commodatioens. Heated cockpit all metal and a good working turret. It was just too expencive to produce.