Sign in to follow this  
MrHemlocks

Tanks?

How do I get a tank? Do I need to buy the newest expansion in order to play tanks?

Can players, in tanks, fight each other?

Can tankers shoot at and destroy planes with the MGs?))))))))))

Just buy BOS and you are good:

http://il2sturmovik.com/

You wont have to pay for an expantion or anything.

Dev got around to it pretty recently and gave the double player operational tankset to all owners of the sim.

May even come more like that however if those will be freebees too  is no sure thing.

Anyway what we have already is there to stay :0)

Axis tanks fight Allies on plenty of Multiplay servers, expert and normal configuration.

There are also AI tank crews carting around in order to have some opposition 7/24.

More AI tanks announce for next version: see forum

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-3?do=findComment&comment=313202

You also can find some Single Player missions around you may install and play.

But really too cramped in the tanks self to fight in there LOL

You try to fight teammates you will get a warning, but friendly fire happens eg there are some fights at early morning/night so all you really see are the headlights and shadows.

Mostly lots of planes around to praying on tanks and planes alike.

And yes there is an MG at disposal you can use on the planes, look around - plenty of YouTube vids around with that.

Look it also up in the forum here.

Some lucky fellows even got away with shooting planes with their turret canon ;0)

Edited by MaxFreeman

Just buy BOS and you are good:

http://il2sturmovik.com/

You wont have to pay for an expantion or anything.

Dev got around to it pretty recently and gave the double player operational tankset to all owners of the sim.

May even come more like that however if those will be freebees too  is no sure thing.

Anyway what we have already is there to stay :0)

Axis tanks fight Allies on plenty of Multiplay servers, expert and normal configuration.

There are also AI tank crews carting around in order to have some opposition 7/24.

More AI tanks announce for next version: see forum

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-3?do=findComment&comment=313202

You also can find some Single Player missions around you may install and play.

But really too cramped in the tanks self to fight in there LOL

You try to fight teammates you will get a warning, but friendly fire happens eg there are some fights at early morning/night so all you really see are the headlights and shadows.

Mostly lots of planes around to praying on tanks and planes alike.

And yes there is an MG at disposal you can use on the planes, look around - plenty of YouTube vids around with that.

Look it also up in the forum here.

Some lucky fellows even got away with shooting planes with their turret canon ;0)

So, can tanks be played on all the BIG servers? Population over 30+? I saw a 1-2 servers with a decent population and was wondering...

I would like to drive my tank onto enemy base and spawn camp...just saying)

• Upvote 1

So, can tanks be played on all the BIG servers? Population over 30+? I saw a 1-2 servers with a decent population and was wondering...

That's the spirit!

;)

In true the tank "novelty" is fading...

With luck - depending on TOD and Time Zone - one find ~ 10 tanks in DED (Normal = "arcade), and maybe few in DED RANDOM (Expert)...

Generally in 3:1 ratio Russian x German. In this exactly moment is 4:1. :)

Not a easy task, to reach the enemy base is need defeat tank opposition and the airfield FLAK - in the lack or air targets the guns "sniper" you above 2.5 KM, even if you are behind the terrain...  :)  But fun.  ;)

Edited by Sokol1

even if you are behind the terrain

Do you mean they can just track you or actually shoot you if even if the terrain is in the way?

Yes.  :ph34r:

I try get a pesky K-5 AAA gun staying in lower terrain at ~2 KM and "cheating" with the distance icon (DED Normal) but the gun "cheat" in the same way first.  :lol:

This happen when are not planes near, so the AI concentrate in the nearest tank.

Edited by Sokol1

Well them being able to shoot you through a hill is no good. I hope they change that. I tried it once but after passing 20 to 30 minutes and then just getting killed I decided to stick with flying.

I looked at the manual.

I still can't figure out how to get control of a tank.

Help?

1 - Download a SP mission with tank.

2 - Join a MP server with tanks - the most probable to find is (NORMAL) DED.

For the tanks controls read the Update 1.105 or "N" threads in General Discussion.