PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

Sometimes, when the Yak-1 is given a ground attack mission, the loadout screen will say it is armed with both rockets and bombs, but of course the plane can carry only one or the other. :)

With 109 E-7s, they are being given the armored windscreen for ground attack missions but not the additional armor plates for the underside of the plane.

Edited by LukeFF

With 109 E-7s, they are being given the armored windscreen for ground attack missions but not the additional armor plates for the underside of the plane.

Is there a way that I can change the loadout of my wingmen ? In my groundattack missions with the E7 they always spawn up with a clean aircraft. Also the windsock is on the runaway on pratically all airfields here... 

Is there a way that I can change the loadout of my wingmen ? In my groundattack missions with the E7 they always spawn up with a clean aircraft. Also the windsock is on the runaway on pratically all airfields here... 

In my current F-4 campaign bombs appear normally on ground attack missions. So it`s probably the E-7 bug only. 

Windsocks have distance setting in advanced config, it says 100 meters as default. I think it is not working, socks are clearly closer. And on runway as you stated.

Edited by Zami

Windsocks have distance setting in advanced config, it says 100 meters as default.

Changing the distance works, but instead of placing them away from the runaway, it just places the windsock further ALONG the runaway. Meaning that if you set a very high value, the windsock will spawn at almost on the middle of the runaway (length wise), but not changing where its place width wise.

Another bug that I got recently: a mission to attack Karpovka airfield; went there with four E7s and there were no ground targets, the airfield was completely empty.

Edited by Herr_Istruba

Another bug that I got recently: a mission to attack Karpovka airfield; went there with four E7s and there were no ground targets, the airfield was completely empty.

And if there is a target, it is a few AA guns. I think a group of planes would be a better target, like in the stock campaign.

I hope that at some point we also get static planes and AA artillery on airfields.

Hey Pat,

I think this may be the same issue that Zami reported.  I get this error (so far) when a scramble mission is generated.  Thanks for all you do.

PWCG Error
Sat Jan 30 13:54:25 CST 2016
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    at rof.campaign.mcu.group.VirtualWayPoint.generateSpawners(VirtualWayPoint.java:268)
    at rof.campaign.mcu.group.VirtualWayPoint.initialize(VirtualWayPoint.java:159)
    at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.createVirtualWaypoints(Flight.java:553)
    at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.finalizeVirtualFlight(Flight.java:441)
    at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.finalizeFlight(Flight.java:367)
    at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.finalizeFlight(Flight.java:377)
    at rof.campaign.mission.Mission.finalizeMission(Mission.java:883)
    at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingMapGUI.finalizeMission(BriefingMapGUI.java:723)
    at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingMapGUI.actionPerformed(BriefingMapGUI.java:839)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hey Pat,

I think this may be the same issue that Zami reported.  I get this error (so far) when a scramble mission is generated.  Thanks for all you do.

Do you have this often? I`ve had it only once till now.

Edited by Zami

I am having this issue as well. When I go to the Hangar before the mission starts, my plane is shown with an SC250 bomb and the armored windscreen, but on mission start all of the E-7s have just guns and no additional armor. 

Hi Pat,

Have passed a couple of missions passed successfully and again a problem. No changes in your configuration have been made.

PWCG Error
Sun Jan 31 14:00:46 MSK 2016
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at rof.campaign.mcu.group.VirtualWayPoint.generateSpawners(VirtualWayPoint.java:268)
at rof.campaign.mcu.group.VirtualWayPoint.initialize(VirtualWayPoint.java:159)
at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.createVirtualWaypoints(Flight.java:553)
at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.finalizeVirtualFlight(Flight.java:441)
at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.finalizeFlight(Flight.java:367)
at rof.campaign.mission.flight.Flight.finalizeFlight(Flight.java:377)
at rof.campaign.mission.Mission.finalizeMission(Mission.java:883)
at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingMapGUI.finalizeMission(BriefingMapGUI.java:723)
at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingMapGUI.actionPerformed(BriefingMapGUI.java:839)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Do you have this often? I`ve had it only once till now.

I have only seen this when I go through mission and scrub mission until I get a scramble (Incoming aircraft).  I think this normally takes eight to ten tries of scrubbing patrols, ground attacks, etc. to get a scramble mission.  Each time when I accept the mission the error appears.

Was a fix for the pilots missing from all of the aircraft ever discovered?

Where it stands today this is the absolute, numero uno immersion breaker for me.

Just bumping this one up... I'm hoping it is even technically possible to work this bug out.

• Upvote 1

Just bumping this one up... I'm hoping it is even technically possible to work this bug out.

What planes do you see missing pilots? 

I haven`t seen this issue for a while.

All of the ones I've flown in PWCG have the issue - E-7, 110, F-4, G-2, Ju87, etc.

That`s strange. I have pilots on all of those planes. Maybe it is unit or time specific problem.

All of the ones I've flown in PWCG have the issue - E-7, 110, F-4, G-2, Ju87, etc.

Try doing a fresh install of PWCG with a new campaign, the pilots here are showing normally

Try doing a fresh install of PWCG with a new campaign, the pilots here are showing normally

From what I can tell it doesn't have anything to do with the installation - the issue persists in a fresh copy of 1.2 as well. :/

I believe this no pilot issue was autum map related. Same as the white tracks and objects

Grt M

You are right. Just tested autumn map with Bf-110 and pilots are missing. So it`s a map related issue.

When ticking 'High Density' for both ground and air in the Simple Config, whenever I try and start a mission, I get an error message saying that the number of squadrons exceeds the minimal capacity? something odd along those lines, I will reproduce it later and provide the exact message. works fine on 'Low Density' though. PWCG 1.1 had no problems running high density.

Hi Xenos, I had the same problem, looking through the advanced config., I noticed, that the number of max. enemy planes and/ or max. friendly flights was lower than the number of min.

I just changed the numbers so the max. number was higher than the min. number and it worked. Just take a look, if you have the same problem.

Could also be in the aircraft numbers.

There is an error in 1.2 that causes Max to be set to less than min in simple config.  This can be corrected by going to advanced config and changing max flights to something greater than min.  There are two sets of max and min flights: enemy and friendly.

Cheers, but I must be missing something, I found Advanced config categories, but nothing about number of flights though. I have 'User preferences' and 'GUI'. Nothing else.

It's a different config.  That is the PWCG level config from the main screen.  

What you want is the campaign level config.  Open the campaign and press "Advanced Configuration".  Then select Mission Parameters.

Ah found it. So it turns out my screen is not big enough to shown the whole list of options on the left side. It stops at Simple Config, had to drag my screen 'out of bounds' and stretch it to get to the other options.

Many thanks guys :)

Hi Patrick,

I'd like to report a bug (if you can call it that).

It's not a biggie, but there it is.....

post-675-0-68859800-1455142691_thumb.jpg

I'm running my monitor at 3840x2160 and it has trouble showing this correct.

Furthermore, once I start PWCG it is always filling the screen, despite the fact that I run it in normal window. 

Even if I set the window smaller and close the program, next time I start up it's filling the screen again.

Would it be possible to save a resized screen?

Hello guys.

Tried the bf 110 today.awsome aircraft.

But can not get the bombs to get of.

Safety fuse of.and then drop.but nothing happens.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanx

Hi Patrick,

I'd like to report a bug (if you can call it that).

It's not a biggie, but there it is.....

attachicon.gifowned planes page.jpg

I'm running my monitor at 3840x2160 and it has trouble showing this correct.

Furthermore, once I start PWCG it is always filling the screen, despite the fact that I run it in normal window. 

Even if I set the window smaller and close the program, next time I start up it's filling the screen again.

Would it be possible to save a resized screen?

As a short term response I might have to limit the size of the PWCG window.  Must be one hell of a monitor :)

Edited by PatrickAWlson

That's Ultra HD Pat. It's becoming more and more common. There is also Cinema 4k which is even more pixels.

Jason

Jason is correct.

It's a Samsung curved 40 inch UHD.

Jason is correct.

It's a Samsung curved 40 inch UHD.

I'm jealous :).  I can't promise that I can make PWCG fir perfectly on your screen (unless Jason wants to spring for a 40 inch monitor for me to test on :) ) but I can do something to let the user define the size.   Should be pretty simple.  Right now PWCG just figures out your screen size and there it is.  Wouldn't be more than a few lines of code to make it configurable with the option to let PWCG figure it out by itself.

Pat, I tried to run this Bf 109 E-7 ground attack mission, but I was kicked back to the Missions screen when I tried to load it.

Missions.zip

Edited by LukeFF

Pat, I tried to run this Bf 109 E-7 ground attack mission, but I was kicked back to the Missions screen when I tried to load it.

"Hugbert Nébald"

I let a name (actually two) with a non English character slip in.  RoF and BoS both puke when you do that.  To get your campaign back open it in a text editor and change é to e.  Take a week's leave to avoid BoS caching and generate a new mission.

I had 20+ missions with a JG 51 E7 and decided to transfer to give the F2 a whirl. The transfer (to JG52) was accepted but then everything locked up. Tried Alt tab and Cntr Alt Delete to no avail. Had to reboot the computer but now when I open up PWCG my E7 campaign has disappeared from the list??????????

I had 20+ missions with a JG 51 E7 and decided to transfer to give the F2 a whirl. The transfer (to JG52) was accepted but then everything locked up. Tried Alt tab and Cntr Alt Delete to no avail. Had to reboot the computer but now when I open up PWCG my E7 campaign has disappeared from the list??????????

If it is still on the disk please zip it up and post it.  Something got mangled.  If I have the campaign I can figure out what it is.

Hello Patrick. I just had a report about an error. I could not insert 2 kills I made, but the briefing went ok and the flight was credited, so no real problem.

Here's the error report:

PWCGErrorLog.txt

EDIT:

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I claimed 2 Yaks while the debrief mentioned Laggs. :dash:  It was dark....

Edited by Bando