Jump to content
PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

Recommended Posts

Hey Pat, very minor issue here with latest (5.0.2) version but on some screens with lots of text, often I am seeing the text partially obscured by the section heading following it. This occurs, in both fullscreen and windowed mode and regardless if I have my windows toolbar at the bottom displayed or hidden. 

 

Sometimes when I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode, the previously obscured text is actually completely hidden. This means there could be entries that are impossible to click. See below for sample picture. I am running in 1920x1080 display.

 

Notice both Fighter and Bomb Squadrons have an entry which is cut-off at the bottom of their respective lists.

 

Hope this helps!

 

Madmatt

 

1442322235_textformatting.thumb.jpg.60c66f66745381e17725fe64df2887a8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Pat,

 

debriefing just went impossible in my German campaign... There's always an error popping up.

 

Thank you for your time!

Eins201810201210601.zip

 

EDIT: After installing 5.0.2. it works like a charm again.

Edited by Olt_Kloetenburg
Issue Resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon first launch of PWCG 5.0.2 this morning, received an error message. This was just upon opening PWCG, had not even selected my campaign yet.

Error log attached.

 

I closed PWCG, and then opened again - no error message this time.

 

PWCGErrorLog.zip

 

Edit:

Hmm this time got an error message when selecting my campaign though.

PWCGErrorLog.zip

 

Not getting any mission select option now in the Campaign.

Any ideas?

 

 

PWCG Error No Mission.jpg

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dburne

You are wounded (see red cross next to your name).  You have to take leave until you are healed.  if you press the leave button it will tell you the minimum time.

 

The error logs that you posted are really weird. They imply that the lone wolf button was not even made.  That is true for coop campaigns but should never be true otherwise.  It might be disabled (greyed out) but it should at least be made.  I'll keep looking to see if I can figure out how the code took that route.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@dburne

You are wounded (see red cross next to your name).  You have to take leave until you are healed.  if you press the leave button it will tell you the minimum time.

 

The error logs that you posted are really weird. They imply that the lone wolf button was not even made.  That is true for coop campaigns but should never be true otherwise.  It might be disabled (greyed out) but it should at least be made.  I'll keep looking to see if I can figure out how the code took that route.

 

 

 

 

Wow ok thanks for the info.

Really weird as the last mission I flew was the one I had a great landing right behind my flight lead and taxi'd with him to the parking area.

Not sure how I would have gotten wounded. Maybe I got shot in the air and did not realize it or something, strange.

 

Is it normal to get a PWCG error message when wounded?

 

Edit: Ok I requested leave, had to take min of 11 so that is what I did, mission button is back. Lone Wolf is there but disabled.

Thanks,

 

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question...

started a new campaign as a IL2 Pilot with the 62nd Ground Attack Regiment.

 

1st Mission: Flight of 4 IL2 without escort got intercepted by 6 BF109 - 3 escaped, myself got hit by Flak and enemy plane, had to bail out after barely limped back into own territory - status wounded - 13 days leave.

2nd Mission: Flight of 4 IL2 got intercepted by 6 BF109 and during the fight help of 2 MIG3 arrived but they got shot down within a few minutes. Of the 4 IL2 3 got killed including me. I know to survive is hard but this seams really annyoing because if this is normal for a ground attack carrier I can't see myself getting 4 or 5 missions before having to start over again and again... any hints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've heard, when you fly in campaign mode the AI runs in the background, throwing up random enemies each time...... So it's possible to take off on your mission and encounter nothing at all, or you could run into a swarm of expert flyers..... Or anything in-between. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In equipment only one plane - and when I try make a mission a get a msg : txt txt rapport txt - No plane asignet to player ... ( Or something like that - Im on job ) 

And only mission is the Lone Wolf to fly 

 

So , I have to wait for more plane in my equipment , before I can fly normal mission ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So on my 18th Mission in my Spit Kuban Campaign, ended up crashing into terra firma - hard. It was a tough mission, taking off from the runway with about 8 enemy AI attacking us ( 109's). Tried it about 4 times and gave up and clicked finish mission after the crash. Probably should not have done that.

 

Obviously very injured, required leave was 76 but I get an error log when submitting, I assume likely because the war is long over by then lol.

 

It was fun whilst it lasted, was on my 18th mission and so far had only one mission with no enemy air ai. Big improvement.

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 3:51 AM, Sire said:

In equipment only one plane - and when I try make a mission a get a msg : txt txt rapport txt - No plane asignet to player ... ( Or something like that - Im on job ) 

And only mission is the Lone Wolf to fly 

 

So , I have to wait for more plane in my equipment , before I can fly normal mission ??

 

I am running into the same issue.  I have been looking into the resupply.  I am pretty sure there is a bug there but have not pinpointed it yet.  Since this is blocking my own campaign I am duly motivated to get to the bottom of it :)   Hang in there for a few days and I will have something.

 

The resupply mechanism in PWCG is not trivial.  I put a lot of effort into providing the idea of short term supply issues (which were real) without long term starvation (which really did not happen).  In my model replacement aircraft are periodically delivered to a depo.  The number an types of aircraft supplied to the depo are based on the number and types actually in service at the front.  And it's not really types, it is arch types (Me109 as opposed to Me109F-4).  This way new versions gradually replace older ones.  You can only be resupplied from the depo.

 

 Paperwork takes time, so actual losses are not considered until one week after they are incurred.  This is where the short term supply issues come from.  If you hammer an opposing squadron they will stop flying until they can be reequipped  However, aircraft supply was not really an issue, so once the logistics chain catches up the squadron should be back up and running.

 

I think there are several issues with the algorithm. 

1. Replacement is based on arch types in service.  This does not account for loss rates, which are much more sever for some unit types than others.  As a result some types pile up at the depo . while others are in perpetually short supply.

2. Not enough replacements are being supplied.  This has to be increased.  I will probably add an advanced config to let players mess with a global resupply rate.

3. Unusual types can be short changed for a long time.  This affects mostly German units.  If a squadron us flying an uncommon type and takes severe losses it can take a very long time to resupply.

4. There is definitely a bug or three in the system.  I am beefing up test cases to create more use case coverage.

 

More or less the same algorithm is applied to pilots.  It takes awhile for a new pilot to arrive.  If you kill the experienced pilots in an opposing squadron they are replaced by green pilots.  This has always been true in PWCG for your squadron, but as of 4.0 it now apples to every squadron.  AI pilots of different squadrons go through the same skill advancement as yours, so they will get better over time.

 

Anyhow, hang in there.  The resupply thing is going to be a bit of a continuous improvement process as holes pop up in the algorithm.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyo. I'm using the latest edition, (5.0.2) and have been playing a co-op campaign with my buddy. He's the one hosting the campaign and using the generator.

 

Anyways, not really having any serious issues, but the mission file isn't giving us a correct briefing in game (not that it gives a crazy brief anyways, usually just tells you what the mission type and the date, etc. as well as the correct way point descriptions and such.)

 

I'll attach a picture and the mission file to the post, it'll explain it better than I can. But in the picture, look at the way points on the left side (German side) of the front line, the landing point and egress is on the wrong spot, (and along both lines of attack and defense, there's colored texts that appear to be HTML errors or something?), no mission briefing either on the right side in the mission text box... It may affect the way the mission completes, too, honestly.

 

 

Anyone else having these issues at all...?32BE701EFB27B0894C5D06705577B843907CEB69

 

 

stalins fury 1942-03-06.zip

Edited by SailorJerrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

First of all, I love PWCG. I play IL2 BOS only with PWCG, I tried vanilla career once after finding PWCG 5.00 but didn’t like vanilla. I like randomness and PWCG is exactly that. Everything is working smoothly now except one major thing. I have tried to find answers to it for some time now, without success. 

 

So, here it goes: I have tried about ten escort missions as a fighter, still unable to have a successful mission yet (flying as bf109 F2 or F4 or BF110 E3, mainly Moscow map October 1941 onwards, tried finally Stalingrad and Kuban with same results). Every time our flight will either RTB at ingress or circle around rendezvous point. I understand that a mission is cancelled/blown when enemy aircraft attack before rendezvous and that is fine by me. However, many times, my flight leader turns home base after ingress point and mission is over and no other planes ever seen. Sometimes, when I’m lucky, we continue to the rendezvous point, but then start circling around it. Many times, some friendly bombers do the circling there as well, I assume they are the ones I’m supposed to escort somewhere. We can see each other, about 2 km apart, but nobody proceeds anywhere, all are just circling around.

 

Is this current state of PWCG or is it just me doing something wrong?

 

I have played only 5.00, 5.01 and 5.02 so far, and never seen successful escort. I can’t fly bombers myself, so I haven’t tried them yet. I have tried different settings, low and mid air density in PWCG, for instance. I think low works better, ie the default setting. I even bought Kuban expansion just because I thought I’m missing some crucial components of the game. It seems I didn’t, Kuban didn’t work any better.

 

I really miss those missions where I can fly with the bombers and escort them (the only thing I miss from the vanilla career). If this current state of PWCG, is there any known workaround to this, except scrubbing all escort missions?

 

Other than this, I’m really enjoying PWCG.

 

Thanks, JJA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First have to say: having a blast with PWCG 5.02 and my German Fighter Career.

 

I just stumbled over a small bug. I have the same German Name twice in the Top Aces Board.

Both entrys look absolutely identical - and have not earned any medals?

 

The CampaignAces.json looks like this:

Spoiler

{
  "campaignAces": {
    "101001": {
      "activeStatus": 0,
      "name": "Arkady Fedorovich Kovacevich",
      "serialNumber": 101001,
      "rank": "Leyitenant",
      "picName": "Arkady Fedorovich Kovacevich.jpg",
      "pilotActiveStatus": 0,
      "country": "RUSSIA",
      "missionFlown": 57,
      "aggressiveness": 0,
      "aiSkillLevel": "ACE",
      "skill": 1,
      "commonSense": 0,
      "skins": [
        {
          "skinName": "MIG3S24_SKIN_01",
          "planeType": "mig3s24",
          "startDate": "19411015",
          "endDate": "19420819",
          "squadId": -1,
          "country": "",
          "category": "",
          "definedInGame": false
        },
        {
          "skinName": "LA5S8_SKIN_01",
          "planeType": "la5s8",
          "startDate": "19420820",
          "endDate": "19421210",
          "squadId": -1,
          "country": "",
          "category": "",
          "definedInGame": false
        },
        {
          "skinName": "YAK1S69_SKIN_08",
          "planeType": "yak1s69",
          "startDate": "19421211",
          "endDate": "19440930",
          "squadId": -1,
          "country": "",
          "category": "",
          "definedInGame": false
        }
      ],
      "victories": [],
      "groundVictories": [],
      "medals": [],
      "playerRegion": "",
      "squadronId": 10111027
    },
    "201001": {
      "activeStatus": 0,
      "name": "Hermann Graff",
      "serialNumber": 201001,
      "rank": "Leutnant",
      "picName": "Hermann Graff.jpg",
      "pilotActiveStatus": 0,
      "country": "GERMANY",
      "missionFlown": 83,
      "aggressiveness": 0,
      "aiSkillLevel": "ACE",
      "skill": 1,
      "commonSense": 0,
      "skins": [
        {
          "skinName": "BF109G2_9_JG52_YELLOW11_GRAF",
          "planeType": "bf109g2",
          "startDate": "19420822",
          "endDate": "19421119",
          "squadId": -1,
          "country": "",
          "category": "",
          "definedInGame": false
        }
      ],
      "victories": [
        {
          "date": "19410804",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "I-16 Rata",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19410805",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "I-16 Rata",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19410811",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "MiG-3",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19410830",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "DB-3",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19410906",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "I-16 Rata",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19410913",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "Yak-1",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19410914",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "DB-3",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19410927",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "DB-3",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19411003",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "Yak-1",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19411003",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "I-16 Rata",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        },
        {
          "date": "19411004",
          "location": "",
          "crashedInSight": false,
          "victim": {
            "airOrGround": 1,
            "type": "SB-2",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          },
          "victor": {
            "airOrGround": 3,
            "type": "",
            "squadronName": "",
            "pilotSerialNumber": 0,
            "pilotName": "Unknown",
            "pilotStatus": 0,
            "isGunner": false
          }
        }
      ],
      "groundVictories": [],
      "medals": [],
      "playerRegion": "",
      "squadronId": 20113052
    }
  }
}

 

Any idea to solve this?

pwcg-aces.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to look into it.  I presume that is the top aces screen (otherwise you have on heck of a lot of majors in your unit).  Almost looks like I am writing aces as part of the AI aces and then writing them again as historical aces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I presume that is the top aces screen (otherwise you have on heck of a lot of majors in your unit)

 

Yes, Top Aces Screen.

 

Quote

Almost looks like I am writing aces as part of the AI aces and then writing them again as historical aces. 

Can I solve it for myself in a quick and dirty way? Which file(s) do I have to edit to put some random name in it for one of the Graffs?

I tried to edit the CampaignAces.json. If I change the name to lets say "Hans Mueller" then I have 2 "Hans Mueller" in the same spots as the Entrys marked above. So its just a name change not an overwrite of one of the entrys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@ToBr79 Probably not.  The data (JSON) looks right.    Its probably how that data is being handled.

@PatrickAWlson Ah ok. Nevermind. It isn't a showstopper so I wait for fix or something.

Thanks again for your great work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Olt_Kloetenburg said:

Dear Pat,

 

Mission debrief stopped working... Don't know what I did wrong.

Eins201810292310787.zip

 

Need a favor (my fault).  Can you zip up your campaign and post it?  Something is wrong with my error wrapper and it's not picking up the subdirectories.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Thursday evening the host for our group installed 5.0.3, generated the mission which we flew and only the in mission issue was we got bounced by 6 109s at low level after we intercepted some Stukas and all the 109s proceeded to kill themselves by flying into the ground. We figured this is likely a game issue rather than anything to do with PWCG. Believe the host has skill at +1 for both if that makes any difference.

 

However, the real problem and the reason for this post, came during the debrief when the host tried to exit the debriefing at which point he received a java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry error and couldn't get past it. He ended up killing PWCG and reverting to 5.0.2 and reattempting the debriefing. This time it worked without issue. I realise you probably need some log files etc Pat to help find the problem......if you could provide some guidance as to which files are needed and their location I will try to get the host to provide them if there is any point after reprocessing things under 5.0.2?

 

Thanks.

 

 

Edited by No457_Stonehouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@No457_Stonehouse 

Thanks for the report.  I think I know what is happening.  I added 21 Gruppo to the Moscow campaign.  That creates a problem with existing campaigns, because now they think that 21 Gruppo is active but there is no data for 21 Gruppo because the campaign was created before added them in.  I made a change that validates the campaign every time it is opened and adds any missing squadrons.  I will have a hot fix out by the end of today.

 

 @Olt_Kloetenburg

Your second post indicates the same problem that Stonehouse had.  My bad.  Thought I was doing something safe the scenario that played out was just not an effect that I thought of.  It was in trying to recreate your first issue that I figured out the problem with the second, so thanks for taking the time to post the data.  On the bright side, after I fixed the 21 Gruppo problem your first AAR issue went away.

 

@dburne

That is a known problem but thanks for posting an example.  That is the number 2 priority and, with the #1 taken care of I am going to try to fix escort missions before the end of the day.  No promises but I will try.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

@dburne

That is a known problem but thanks for posting an example.  That is the number 2 priority and, with the #1 taken care of I am going to try to fix escort missions before the end of the day.  No promises but I will try.

 

No rush Pat, it is not a big deal was mainly just wanting you to be aware and sounds like you already were.

Great to hear it is already on the list to be corrected.

 

It is not often I run across Escort Missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

 

@No457_Stonehouse 

Thanks for the report.  I think I know what is happening.  I added 21 Gruppo to the Moscow campaign.  That creates a problem with existing campaigns, because now they think that 21 Gruppo is active but there is no data for 21 Gruppo because the campaign was created before added them in.  I made a change that validates the campaign every time it is opened and adds any missing squadrons.  I will have a hot fix out by the end of today.

 

 

Thanks Pat, no stress I know these things take time. Fairly new user of PWCG so bear with me but when hotfix's come out do you normally bump the version number? Just so I know whether to go looking for a hotfix released type post somewhere in the PWCG section or I can simply check the website every day or so?

Edited by No457_Stonehouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat

 

Got an error report when claiming 3 kills using PWCG 5.0.3.

 

Is this because PWCG was not running while I was flying ? This was an error during AAR process.

 

Best regards.

 

fubar

First201811062011169.zip

Edited by fubar_2_niner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Gelendzhik there are many structures (depots, cranes) being spawned too far from the shore, ending up with buildings standing on the sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@No457_Stonehouse

I do bump the version number.  

 

@fubar_2_niner

Noted.  

 

@Picchio

I can take a look at that, but I rely on the files provided by 1C to place objects on the map (I don't do that myself).  Sometimes the object file is updated.  if a new one is available I will look into incorporating it.

 

I am working on fixing escort missions, which is proving to be a little more difficult than I had hoped.  Making progress but not there yet.  

Edited by PatrickAWlson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat,

Just about to try the next campaign mission and as I said we'd gone forward to 5.0.3, hit the debrief problem, rolled back to 5.0.2 and got through the debrief ok. This week went to continue with the next mission under 5.0.2 and the generation of the mission failed with the below message. Is there any way for us to salvage the campaign or has it been corrupted past repair?

 

Thanks,

Stonehouse

 

PWCG Error
Thu Nov 08 21:21:17 AEDT 2018
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at pwcg.mission.briefing.BriefingAssignmentData.assignPilot(BriefingAssignmentData.java:40)
 at pwcg.mission.briefing.BriefingDataInitializer.initializeFromMission(BriefingDataInitializer.java:45)
 at pwcg.mission.briefing.BriefingMissionHandler.initializeFromMission(BriefingMissionHandler.java:33)
 at pwcg.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingDescriptionPanelSet.<init>(BriefingDescriptionPanelSet.java:50)
 at pwcg.gui.campaign.home.CampaignHomeGUI.showBriefingMap(CampaignHomeGUI.java:513)
 at pwcg.gui.campaign.home.CampaignHomeGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeGUI.java:406)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never get the Iron Cross 😣

 

I see it in the game , and in the logfile - but I never get a score when I'm shooting a plane down 🤥

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sire said:

I never get the Iron Cross 😣

 

I see it in the game , and in the logfile - but I never get a score when I'm shooting a plane down 🤥

 

 

I'm confused.  You are not getting a medal or you are not being credited with a victory and therefore you don't get a medal? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind the medal ...

 

I don't get the credit for shooting a plane down 🤥

 

In few weeks ago I wrote about ' no plane assigned - so on ' - so could only make only Wolff mission ... That's no problem now 

 

But at that time I had 30 missions on no credit for shoot plane , 

And now I'm a fighter in Stalingrad map - 8 mission and no credit 

I'm no ace , but I'm sure I have about 3 plane 

 

The game is ok, and no problem ...... But when I'm after'flying and sitting in the bar , drinking a pint and talk about last flying trip .....well 😣

 

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you click "Report Error" after you have a mission where you're not given kill credit and post the resulting zip file here? I've seen a few odd AARs, which I think might either relate to the last game update, or one of my earlier PWCG changes. More data would help diagnose this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murlen 

Heres a Zipfile        ( about no credit ) 

 

and thanx  

jagdkampff201811092311986.zip

Before I go to the bar , order a pint .....don't talk so much and listen to the others flight 🤥......😁

Heres a pic of my map , and I'm almost sure it was my shooting plane go down 

 

In here my name in Hans in the game , but I don't think it should be something 

 

In briefing it's noticed a damage a plane , but no more ...so 

 

Thanks 🤙👍😁

4D893FC6-BF81-409F-8698-39ED9E38C19F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, No457_Stonehouse said:

Hi Pat,

Just about to try the next campaign mission and as I said we'd gone forward to 5.0.3, hit the debrief problem, rolled back to 5.0.2 and got through the debrief ok. This week went to continue with the next mission under 5.0.2 and the generation of the mission failed with the below message. Is there any way for us to salvage the campaign or has it been corrupted past repair?

 

Thanks,

Stonehouse

 

PWCG Error
Thu Nov 08 21:21:17 AEDT 2018
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at pwcg.mission.briefing.BriefingAssignmentData.assignPilot(BriefingAssignmentData.java:40)
 at pwcg.mission.briefing.BriefingDataInitializer.initializeFromMission(BriefingDataInitializer.java:45)
 at pwcg.mission.briefing.BriefingMissionHandler.initializeFromMission(BriefingMissionHandler.java:33)
 at pwcg.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingDescriptionPanelSet.<init>(BriefingDescriptionPanelSet.java:50)
 at pwcg.gui.campaign.home.CampaignHomeGUI.showBriefingMap(CampaignHomeGUI.java:513)
 at pwcg.gui.campaign.home.CampaignHomeGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeGUI.java:406)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
 

I got the same issue and miss my campaign a lot :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 5.04: my flight doesn't takeoff at start of the attached mission. Leader requests permission to taxi (?), but it's rejected due to busy runway. In the previous mission of the same campaign (in the same airfield) it was the same, but I was number 4 in the flight and just advancing a little triggered the leader to move to its start position (he basically turned 360 deg, and nobody else "taxied"). This didn't work in the attached mission (I was number 3), so it may be something related to the start position of the last wingman.

Mission_no_TO_504.zip

Edited by yeikov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×