PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

Posted (edited)

New bug report, 

I cannot create a career in 4.1 , message report "no plane found for in range archtype i16"

+ report log 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit : smal non game breaking bug in the previous version some smoke column are not on the ground but pop in the air ! 

S! 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

1 hour ago, LAL_Trinkof said:

New bug report, 

I cannot create a career in 4.1 , message report "no plane found for in range archtype i16"

+ report log 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit : smal non game breaking bug in the previous version some smoke column are not on the ground but pop in the air ! 

S! 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Thanks LAL I tried to start a new career and received the same error.  Was going to explore further when I get home later today.

Noted on the I16 bug.  That is probably an issue with the aircraft configuration file.  I can get that one fixed pretty easily.

43 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Noted on the I16 bug.  That is probably an issue with the aircraft configuration file.  I can get that one fixed pretty easily.

It happens in german campaign over kuban starting in may 1943. No problem with other setup. You can outurn the error by starting a campaign in April or march I do not remember, and ask for a leave after. It only allow to create the campaign. The same error come after when you try to generate a mission after the specific date ! 

I hope it helps ! 

S!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, LAL_Trinkof said:

New bug report, 

I cannot create a career in 4.1 , message report "no plane found for in range archtype i1

Fix is in place

On 7/9/2018 at 4:06 AM, Murleen said:

I've mapped out the Stalingrad airfields as well 

Added to PWCG.  This change will be in the upcoming release.  Thanks again Murleen.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

There is a bug with pilot reassignment.  Safest is leave pilot assignment alone.  I am working on a fix.  I will have something out by Saturday, hopefully earlier.

Fix is in but more testing needed.

On 7/9/2018 at 5:30 PM, jeanba said:

Hi Pat

Most ground attack missions in my campaign generate an error such as this one :

Joseph Shahanov201807092307500.zip

I was hoping you could help me a bit more with this.  I have the zip file ... when does the error occur?  

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I was hoping you could help me a bit more with this.  I have the zip file ... when does the error occur?  

At mission generation : after "choose pilot" in 4.0.0

I did not reproduce it in 4.1.0

Edited by jeanba
clarification

2 hours ago, jeanba said:

Edited 38 minutes ago by jeanba

Then it is the bug, that appeared in 4.0.0 and was fixed with 4.1.0. Ground attack missions are running again.

8 hours ago, jeanba said:

I was not sure what conditions or what version.  Thanks.  

Begging your pardon...when you posted "Fix is in place" in response to LAL_Trinkof does that mean, it should work now or in a forthcoming update?

I ask because I cannot create a Russian or German campaign, but I can create an Italian career in 4.1.0. FWIW my previous working version was 3.5.0

1622679579_Noplanesfound.thumb.JPG.88ab680f5890d12fc0c662b91be88de1.JPG

Coming ... Saturday.  Earlier campaigns can be created.  The issue reported affects campaigns created for March 1943 or later.

In my case it was trying to create any Russian or German campaign. Notice the missing (grayed out) menu to select name, date, primary mission etc.

Not sure if this is actually a BoX bug, bit I crashed PWCG turning in a combat report. It looks like the issue is that BoX can reuse object IDs after an object dies, which confuses PWCG's parser. So for this mission, my plane is spawned:

T:15 AType:12 ID:458751 TYPE:Yak-1 ser.69 COUNTRY:101 NAME:Lt Iliya Tolstoy PID:-1 POS(77457.703,94.756,186062.844)

Then my idiot wingman crashes into me:

T:64828 AType:3 AID:-1 TID:458751 POS(88077.367,2255.045,178171.250)

And then at the end of the mission, a different plane is spawned with the same ID:

T:76790 AType:12 ID:458751 TYPE:P-40E-1 COUNTRY:101 NAME:Lt Anton Ivkin PID:-1 POS(86510.703,1523.676,156624.953)

Full logs and campaign dir attached

DuplicateID.zip

Damn ... in all the years that I have done PWCG I have never seen that.  999,999 numbers to choose from and they pick the same one!  The AAR probably would have survived if it was any plane but the player's plane, which makes the odds closer to 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.

Did you play the lottery today?  If not I would go get a ticket.

Hi every body. I have ground battles hanged up smokes in the sky instead of on the ground. Anybody with this problem? thanks for answers.

4 hours ago, Azdack said:

Hi every body. I have ground battles hanged up smokes in the sky instead of on the ground. Anybody with this problem? thanks for answers

Yes, I reported already, that they are hanging 600-700m above the ground. But I noticed that only on the Kuban map. And not all fires or columns of smoke, some of them are on the ground.

Just a quick couple things:

- I've noticed that I'm having worse frames now with 4.1. I used to be able to run 3.x on Medium air/High ground density with no problems.

- Time compression doesn't seem to work anymore but slow motion works fine.

11 minutes ago, l_commando said:

- I've noticed that I'm having worse frames now with 4.1. I used to be able to run 3.x on Medium air/High ground density with no problems.

If your talking Kuban, time compression is at it's worse there especially in populated areas. Sometimes struggles to even get to 2x.

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

If your talking Kuban, time compression is at it's worse there especially in populated areas. Sometimes struggles to even get to 2x.

It's on Moscow and it's not really a framerate issue. If I boost the compression even to 8x the camera shakes more but the aircraft seem to move at the same speed. I probably should have specified.

3 hours ago, l_commando said:

At the moment there are too many ground units associated with AI ground attack activity.  Working on it but it will be a couple of weeks. 

Yeah, I can confirm noticing this as well between 3.5 and 4.x - I had no serious frame drops on High ground density in 3.5, but in 4.1 I can't set it above Low without having a seriously noticable frame rate change.