PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

New bug report, 

I cannot create a career in 4.1 , message report "no plane found for in range archtype i16"

+ report log 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit : smal non game breaking bug in the previous version some smoke column are not on the ground but pop in the air ! 

S! 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

1 hour ago, LAL_Trinkof said:

New bug report, 

I cannot create a career in 4.1 , message report "no plane found for in range archtype i16"

+ report log 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit : smal non game breaking bug in the previous version some smoke column are not on the ground but pop in the air ! 

S! 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Thanks LAL I tried to start a new career and received the same error.  Was going to explore further when I get home later today.

Noted on the I16 bug.  That is probably an issue with the aircraft configuration file.  I can get that one fixed pretty easily.

43 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Noted on the I16 bug.  That is probably an issue with the aircraft configuration file.  I can get that one fixed pretty easily.

It happens in german campaign over kuban starting in may 1943. No problem with other setup. You can outurn the error by starting a campaign in April or march I do not remember, and ask for a leave after. It only allow to create the campaign. The same error come after when you try to generate a mission after the specific date ! 

I hope it helps ! 

S!

10 hours ago, LAL_Trinkof said:

New bug report, 

I cannot create a career in 4.1 , message report "no plane found for in range archtype i1

Fix is in place

On 7/9/2018 at 4:06 AM, Murleen said:

I've mapped out the Stalingrad airfields as well 

Added to PWCG.  This change will be in the upcoming release.  Thanks again Murleen.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

There is a bug with pilot reassignment.  Safest is leave pilot assignment alone.  I am working on a fix.  I will have something out by Saturday, hopefully earlier.

Fix is in but more testing needed.

On 7/9/2018 at 5:30 PM, jeanba said:

Hi Pat

Most ground attack missions in my campaign generate an error such as this one :

Joseph Shahanov201807092307500.zip

I was hoping you could help me a bit more with this.  I have the zip file ... when does the error occur?  

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I was hoping you could help me a bit more with this.  I have the zip file ... when does the error occur?  

At mission generation : after "choose pilot" in 4.0.0

I did not reproduce it in 4.1.0

Edited by jeanba
clarification

2 hours ago, jeanba said:

Edited 38 minutes ago by jeanba

Then it is the bug, that appeared in 4.0.0 and was fixed with 4.1.0. Ground attack missions are running again.

8 hours ago, jeanba said:

I was not sure what conditions or what version.  Thanks.  

Begging your pardon...when you posted "Fix is in place" in response to LAL_Trinkof does that mean, it should work now or in a forthcoming update?

I ask because I cannot create a Russian or German campaign, but I can create an Italian career in 4.1.0. FWIW my previous working version was 3.5.0

1622679579_Noplanesfound.thumb.JPG.88ab680f5890d12fc0c662b91be88de1.JPG

Coming ... Saturday.  Earlier campaigns can be created.  The issue reported affects campaigns created for March 1943 or later.

In my case it was trying to create any Russian or German campaign. Notice the missing (grayed out) menu to select name, date, primary mission etc.

Not sure if this is actually a BoX bug, bit I crashed PWCG turning in a combat report. It looks like the issue is that BoX can reuse object IDs after an object dies, which confuses PWCG's parser. So for this mission, my plane is spawned:

T:15 AType:12 ID:458751 TYPE:Yak-1 ser.69 COUNTRY:101 NAME:Lt Iliya Tolstoy PID:-1 POS(77457.703,94.756,186062.844)

Then my idiot wingman crashes into me:

T:64828 AType:3 AID:-1 TID:458751 POS(88077.367,2255.045,178171.250)

And then at the end of the mission, a different plane is spawned with the same ID:

T:76790 AType:12 ID:458751 TYPE:P-40E-1 COUNTRY:101 NAME:Lt Anton Ivkin PID:-1 POS(86510.703,1523.676,156624.953)

Full logs and campaign dir attached

DuplicateID.zip

Damn ... in all the years that I have done PWCG I have never seen that.  999,999 numbers to choose from and they pick the same one!  The AAR probably would have survived if it was any plane but the player's plane, which makes the odds closer to 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.

Did you play the lottery today?  If not I would go get a ticket.

Oh my that's funny! Better chance of getting hit by lightning!

Hi every body. I have ground battles hanged up smokes in the sky instead of on the ground. Anybody with this problem? thanks for answers.

4 hours ago, Azdack said:

Hi every body. I have ground battles hanged up smokes in the sky instead of on the ground. Anybody with this problem? thanks for answers

Yes, I reported already, that they are hanging 600-700m above the ground. But I noticed that only on the Kuban map. And not all fires or columns of smoke, some of them are on the ground.

Just a quick couple things:

- I've noticed that I'm having worse frames now with 4.1. I used to be able to run 3.x on Medium air/High ground density with no problems.

- Time compression doesn't seem to work anymore but slow motion works fine.

11 minutes ago, l_commando said:

- I've noticed that I'm having worse frames now with 4.1. I used to be able to run 3.x on Medium air/High ground density with no problems.

If your talking Kuban, time compression is at it's worse there especially in populated areas. Sometimes struggles to even get to 2x.

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

If your talking Kuban, time compression is at it's worse there especially in populated areas. Sometimes struggles to even get to 2x.

It's on Moscow and it's not really a framerate issue. If I boost the compression even to 8x the camera shakes more but the aircraft seem to move at the same speed. I probably should have specified.

3 hours ago, l_commando said:

At the moment there are too many ground units associated with AI ground attack activity.  Working on it but it will be a couple of weeks. 

Yeah, I can confirm noticing this as well between 3.5 and 4.x - I had no serious frame drops on High ground density in 3.5, but in 4.1 I can't set it above Low without having a seriously noticable frame rate change. 

Hello,

My name is Jakob, and I'm very new to PWCG. I actually just started using it today. When i enitially started using the program, I went into the configuration menu and turned use coop to 1. And i also went into my startup.cfg and changed the Mission_text_log to equal 1.

I then flew a couple of missions with one of my friends trying to do a coop campaign. But each time i've tried to file the combat report. It gives me this error message "PWCG was unable to find a log set for your last mission Jakob N. Berntsen".

84623622_PWCGwasunabletofindalogsetforyourlastmission.thumb.JPG.22be9e3fd47eb1c2d65b26a21885c568.JPG

First time I got the error, I tried to do a new mission. But it kept happening after each mission. And there is no obvious thing that stands out to me that should be wrong. I've looked to see if I could find the missing files. And I can only guess, but I guess its these files its looking for in the data folder? I also looked at the mission file in my campaign folder to see if it there was anything to gain, and the mission reports themselves. But I didn't learn anything useful I'm afraid. I'd like to mention that I'm doing a dive bomber campaign flying the stuka as well.

623182882_PWCGwasunabletofindalogsetforyourlastmission2.thumb.JPG.d8508fe4f5f13902b10e2083b71a7242.JPG

I don't know what to do, and after som digging through the forum to learn somthing about this issue, i only found one mention in this reply post by Missionbug. And I honestly didn't learn anything. I hope someone can help me with my problem. Because it would be nice to start getting some progress in the campagin.

Regards,

Jakob

Still having a blast in the campaign. Immersion is AWESOME. Any mission seems to be to the level of immersion of a handcrafter scripted one, I would really like to thank you Pat for the amazing work you did. I would never play standard career after experiencing PWCG . We also tried coop with my squad and it seems more than promising. 

Small Bug report : (I am playing Schg 1 ) 

Overall

• Performance : you already know this I guess, By playing with advanced config (10 enemy plane, 8 allies, ground activity low, AA spacing 600m, and random ground unit to 1) I manage to have good performance with good amount of ground action [I7 4790k 4Gz, Gtx 970, 12Gb Ram, and SSD]
  • Attack airfield : not much object on airfields, and AI teamates do not attack anything and just circle around 
  • Attack road facilities and transport : Never saw transport or facilities, and AI circle without doing anyhting
  • Some objective like train station or airfield (with AA MG on airfield on 1 ) , seems very ligtly defended in ground attack mission. 
  • AA 10 time do not seem to increase heavy AA, I I feel heavy flak is a little bit missing, would love to see more
  • Possible to have ground units firing color flare like in standard campaign for spoting and immersion reason ? 
  • Possible to add scramble mission to Jabo units (Schg 1 ?) 
  • Same question with recon mission ? 
  • Possible to add anti shipping mission on river on Stalingrad or Moscow (I guess this is hard to do regarding placement, but would be a plus !)
  • More critical : Possible to make Mission flying path in black instead of white on the ingame campaign ? it is sometime hard to read the map

Moscow: I did not played it much

• Moscow, P40 squad during autumn still have withe camo. 

Kuban : (Schg1 in A5)

• Artillery sometime spawn in the sea
  • Ship lack AA, maybe mixing types for immersion ?
  • Novorroski : some port structure are in the sea, and part of the docks seems missing 
  • I had in the north western field a lot of smoke column 500 or more meters above the ground (might have been fixed I did not explored this area again since 3.5

I will continue to post report if it helps, 

S! 

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

This may have more to do with the core game than anything in PWCG itself, but something I've noticed while playing an IL-2 career: Novice IL-2 pilots will not fire their rockets or guns at ground targets - they do make passes against targets, but don't actually release any weapons. I'm not talking something that happens sometimes - that actually happens every mission, and as my entire squadron is novice, that means my wingmen never make ground attacks at all, just "dry" passes.
Any tips on working around this? (would bumping up the Bomber AI modifier, or changing the attack distances work?)

Edited by CCIP
  • Upvote 1

Fighter and bomber AI modifier is for AI flights. The skills of your squadmates depend on their rank.

The ground attacks of AI are pretty bugged. There are many things, that don't work like they should. I have many times seen 110s flying circles above the target, waiting for RTB until I destroyed the last targets, but never attacking themselves.

It is a bit wonky, though it seems like it's mostly a skill thing, possibly tied to weapons used. The 109E career I was playing earlier seemed to have no issues, both dropping bombs and strafing - but the skill level of all the squadron pilots was far higher. I figured that was the main variable, though at least under 3.5 I did see IL-2s from the same novice-rated unit drop bombs without too much trouble - so it might be only the rockets and strafing that aren't working. 

[edit]

Nope, no luck with the bombs now either - the wingman AI is obviously reacting to both the "attack ground" and "search for ground targets" orders in some way, but they're not releasing any weapons. Hmm!

I can't actually confirm this is a Novice skill level issue, but it's my hunch that it is - any easy way to test that?

Edited by CCIP

I can confirm this. Every time I meet AI Ju88, BF110, Pe2 and A20 they didnt release their Bombs. Still circle over target area untill all gets shoot down by the player and his flight. This bug is not new and I thought it was gone.

Will stop my current career and wait for a fix.

Edited by Semor76

Small bug report already made, thought it was better but not fully corrected 

Some ground smoke column are not attached to the ground on the Kuban map (northern part mostly) 

I tried looking in PWCG java files, but did not found the place where I could try to correct it ! 

S! 

Failing to create some campaigns. I dont know what is causing it, just that I get an error message saying its unable to find search file   

51 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_McKvack said:

Failing to create some campaigns. I dont know what is causing it, just that I get an error message saying its unable to find search file   

Can you give me a date and a squadron?  I can try to recreate the problem.

I tried to create a Ju-52 campagin 11/1942, Stalingrad. It did work after a couple of times but I am still having this problem. Sometimes it works and sometime it dont.

Also how does the transport missions work in general? The drop missions seems to work but how does it work when we are supposed to land and unload. How do we get the AI to land as well? 

I am playing moscow, jg52 fighter, start scenario in the air. At the very beginning of the mission I get "objective complete" in green letters on the map. Like you get in the in game scenarios after the mission is over.

The mission seems to play out. Lots of air activities and targets though. 

Also, when starting in the air it seems the rest of my flight is nowhere close to me.

Thanks

Edited by CDRSEABEE

8 hours ago, CDRSEABEE said:

I am playing moscow, jg52 fighter, start scenario in the air. At the very beginning of the mission I get "objective complete" in green letters on the map. Like you get in the in game scenarios after the mission is over.

You get the same message, when starting the mission from runway, after you took off. I think, the only meaning, this message has is, that you don't need to return and land at your airfield, to make the mission successfull.

EDIT: additionally it means, you don't have to destroy any specific target, to make the mission successfull.

Edited by Yogiflight

PWCG 4.2.0

Since updating to latest version, can not generate a mission. First one was a ground attack - I scrubbed it after the error, second one was a patrol.

Both missions gave me the same error. Trying to continue my Spit Kuban Campaign.

Log attached.

PWCGErrorLog.zip

Thinking maybe it was something in my already existing campaign, tried creating a new one.

Same error message when trying to generate a mission.

PWCGErrorLog.rar

Edited by dburne

53 minutes ago, dburne said:

PWCG 4.2.0

Since updating to latest version, can not generate a mission. First one was a ground attack - I scrubbed it after the error, second one was a patrol.

Both missions gave me the same error. Trying to continue my Spit Kuban Campaign.

Log attached.

PWCGErrorLog.zip

Thinking maybe it was something in my already existing campaign, tried creating a new one.

Same error message when trying to generate a mission.

PWCGErrorLog.rar

That one's my fault - 4.2.0 includes the Kuban airfield updates, but unfortunately the changes cause problems on some airfields due to an interaction with the airfield static object placer. I have a pull request open which should fix it.

29 minutes ago, Murleen said:

That one's my fault - 4.2.0 includes the Kuban airfield updates, but unfortunately the changes cause problems on some airfields due to an interaction with the airfield static object placer. I have a pull request open which should fix it.

Ok thanks much!

Let us know when it is done and I will continue my campaign.

Is there somewhere I could download 4.1.1?

I would like to go back to using it for my Spit Campaign until this is resolved for 4.2.0.

Yeah I foolishly deleted it before having a go with 4.2.0.

23 hours ago, dburne said:

Ok thanks much!

Let us know when it is done and I will continue my campaign.

I merged Murleen's fixes yesterday.  I also merged RIksen's menu improvements.  I have been doing groundwork on coop stuff.  It is not yet functional but it doesn't hurt anything either, so I could release an in between drop.  The one thing that people will notice is that the campaign name is now independent of the pilot name - a necessary step if there is to be more than one pilot in a campaign.

1 hour ago, FlyingH said:

Trying a Moscow campaign in Mig 3, first mission ok, trying to generate a second I get the following error

PWCGErrorLog.7zip

Another out of memory error.  In the short term don't use zoom, as that causes multiple map images to be loaded.  I will look into reconfiguring startup to give the JVM more memory.

Edit: I started up PWCG and loaded every map, zooming in and out.  I was unable to recreate the error.  I did jack up memory so hopefully that will help, but without recreating the problem I can't be sure.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Upvote 1