Sign in to follow this  
US3PG_Hubbard

Mobile AAA would be nice.

No thanks.

I like the tanks, but I really think, that we should stick to that. Player controlled AAA, especially if it's not done 100% realistic, has a huge change if screwing up gameplay balance.

• Upvote 1

But that is what realistic war is about!...Upsetting the balance to destroy the ENY!...Realism is not WOT, WT or WoW!...There is no such thing as a fair fight!

I'd love a movable 88 which needs to be deployed before firing. 

Would balance the ground combat and would not break air game since it cant move and its mostly effective against high altitude bombers :) 

But that is what realistic war is about!...Upsetting the balance to destroy the ENY!...Realism is not WOT, WT or WoW!...There is no such thing as a fair fight!

War is generally not about destroying the enemy. That's a common misconception.

• Upvote 3

Mobile triple A are still not a reality today !  The anti aircraft guns are monuted on vehicules even tanks to move but stop and are immobile to fire! Yes it is a fantasy to think you can fire at aircraft and move at the same time?! It take some amount of time to make a flack gun ready to fire.-

Edited by senseispcc

Mobile triple A are still not a reality today !  The anti aircraft guns are monuted on vehicules even tanks to move but stop and are immobile to fire! Yes it is a fantasy to think you can fire at aircraft and move at the same time?! It take some amount of time to make a flack gun ready to fire.-

Um, you're misunderstanding what the term "mobile AAA" means.

Seems player controlled AAA makes more sense than tanks in a flight game. 

Edited by steppenwolf
  • Upvote 1

Seems player controlled AAA makes more sense than tanks in a flight game. 

The tanks are here to stay, so you may as well get used to it. Yeah, some things are a little rough with them right now, but they are only going to get better over time.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 2

I like the tanks, but I really think, that we should stick to that. Player controlled AAA, especially if it's not done 100% realistic, has a huge change if screwing up gameplay balance.

+1 This isn't War Thunder.

I just posted this in the Dev Diary 116 thread.  I agree with Uriah, but am perhaps approaching it from a different angle.  We need "mobile" AAA but to me that means " in a limbered state" as much as an AAA piece mounted on a truck or Sdkfz body.  We also need all this stuff  I

I 

I

V

Really glad to see new Ground AI units being added finally!  They will help with the tactical immersion for the Air to Ground piece.  I would like to see more though.  In particular, some prime movers and truck / Towed arty pieces that can move.  Much Air to ground combat focused on hitting ground units while they were moving as much as entrenched.  It would be really gratifying to catch and 88mm AAA battery limbered and on the move.  Additionally support vehicles, mobile command vehicles, and the like would be great objective targets for missions.

-  A version of the Opel Blitz with a limbered version of each Towed Artillery and AAA piece

-  A version of the Gaz Truck with a limbered version of each Towed Artillery and AAA piece

-  Groups or Squads of Motorcycle troops

-  SOME kind of German Recon vehicles     

-   Additional Prime movers (Sdkfz 7)

-  Additional Truck Variants for both sides.  Complete with a limbered version of any towed pieces.

-  More Mobile AA variants

-  Engineering vehicles

post-3828-0-85977200-1449785272_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-39928700-1449785274_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-99005000-1449785275_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-26790600-1449785276_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-71683300-1449785276_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-19761900-1449785281_thumb.jpg

Also noticably absent is the Pz II, which was present on the eastern front in greater numbers than the Pz IV.

post-3828-0-53069900-1449785309_thumb.jpg

And the Russians...

post-3828-0-37714800-1449785369_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-47559400-1449785370_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-63517800-1449785371_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-12433300-1449785372_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-55668700-1449785372_thumb.jpgpost-3828-0-85364900-1449785372_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheElf
  • Upvote 1

I'd love a movable 88 which needs to be deployed before firing. 

Would balance the ground combat and would not break air game since it cant move and its mostly effective against high altitude bombers :)

But an 88 mm Flak gun is a barrage weapon and as such it needs to be deployed as part of a battery to be effective.  A single 88 is going to be almost completely useless against a low level air attack, which is pretty much what we have in the game.

If player controlled anti-aircraft weapons were to be introduced (and I think that could be fun), far better that they be of the 20 mm and 37 mm class. 

Edited by Wulf

I think that's a great idea to have an AAA or a 88 flak gun controlled by player, everybody is now talking about big balance, but this is a SIM game not warthunder or wot (haven't given up yet = mouse aim)

this game should go for maximum realism, but focus on planes more (I hope we'll get battle of Britain after BOM), developers please don't screw this up, If I wanted to play another balanced arcade I would go play WT

Edited by Muffin

Surprisingly I actually agree and more so with the idea of having manned anti tank guns

bring it on :)

Surprisingly I actually agree and more so with the idea of having manned anti tank guns

bring it on :)

I'd stop at lightly armoured assault guns/tank destroyers like the Marders, Nashorn or SU-76M. I really think the far majority of players would want some mobility. Edited by Finkeren

I think fixed tank guns have their place too, defensive settings should be interesting. Having player controlled tanks and AT-guns charging at each other with air support makes for decent assault scenarios. Of course, the problem is that unless the mission designer keeps things more or less nearby the AT gunners might have to sit for 30 minutes before finding a target, but at the same time the development cycle for a fixed gun should be considerably shorter.

Would be interesting as it would be a way for tank players to defend themselves against aircraft, And it doesnt even have to be modeled as well as tanks or planes really,Just tell the driver where to go as you sit on the back.

Could even just take the existing AAA and just give it Crosshair and allow the player to switch between them.

And lastly, Alot of players are saying "Its a plane game, now with tanks and it should stay that way" Before it was " Its a plane game, it should stay that way" Tanks are nothing but targets to the plane's So why does player controlled AAA seem like a stupid idea? 

I'm for player controlled AAA too. Besides just being too much fun to try, I think it would be very popular in MP.

• Upvote 1

+1 This isn't War Thunder.

No need to make this game a War Thunder II, but IL2 can become much more loved among greater numbers of people if combined arms combat is greatly improved. Just keep it realistic and the MONEY will come in. Let's face it this franchise is all about making money...