MigSu

Full Ground Combat Team?

Hello guys

Now are so popular the ground forces and tanks, etc, i see there are also petitions about new tanks and so on, so i want to try to understand a little what we already have now on the sim, then we can need?

Rus                 Ger

1- MBT              T-34                PzIII  (which we already have drivable, sure)

Others            BT7M              PzIV-g     

T70                 KV1-42

Ba10m              Stug37/24

What kind of tanks is this?, and what is the difference between them, just the barrel?

Stug40/43

2- Artillery mobile

Rus

2015_12_05_00013.jpg

Ger

2015_12_05_00006.jpg

3- AAA mobile

Rus

2015_12_05_00017.jpg

Ger

2015_12_05_00011.jpg

4- Battle cars

Rus

2015_12_05_00028.jpg

Ger

2015_12_05_00016.jpg

5- Light Tanks?

2015_12_05_00019.jpg

2015_12_05_00020.jpg

And this beauty count like russian tank right? because there are 5 vs 3 + this baby.

2015_12_05_00002.jpg

So i think could be nice to have drivable the Artillery (like ground anti-tank) and maybe AAA to complement the tank like anti air units .

And all those mentioned are units that we already have on the game. 

OMG  look  at this, i want it!   :rolleyes:  :biggrin:

2015_12_05_00003.jpg

Regards

Edited by E69_MigSu

Rus                 Ger

1- MBT              T-34                PzIII  (which we already have drivable, sure)

Others            BT7M              PzIV-g     

T70                 KV1-42

Ba10m              Stug37/24

What kind of tanks is this?, and what is the difference between them, just the barrel?

Stug40/43

Did the KV1s start goose stepping? :P

Serious side, KV1 and PzIV are the next logical step. 

Edited by Xenos
  • Upvote 1

Can the tanks now in game actually shoot at and destroy planes...either with main rounds or more likely MG??? Or is the main purpose of tanks just to take and kill AI ? Which I would find to be boring(

Edited by MrHemlocks

Can the tanks now in game actually shoot at and destroy planes...either with main rounds or more likely MG??? Or is the main purpose of tanks just to take and kill AI ? 

Look this (online)

:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19213-emergencysporks-video-library/?do=findComment&comment=311644

But the thank main purpose is kill other tank players online, a very difficult task with PzKpfw III.  :)

For the armoured car type vehicle, are they not going to be close to useless unless there are infantry to attack?...

In games like Red Orchestra or Battleground Europe this type of vehicle have use, to transport or kill infantry, but in BoS will be "waste of resources", as there no infantry "kill'able", don't worth have then to fight with another of same type...  :mellow: 

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

For the armoured car type vehicle, are they not going to be close to useless unless there are infantry to attack?...

hmmm... thinking about it I suppose they could attack the anti-tank /artillery guns?

Maybe some have heavier armament than I give them credit for, but would it not be pretty much suicide to try buzzing around in something lightweight against player tanks and planes, alongside AI anti tank guns?

Yes

But the thank main purpose is kill other tank players online, a very difficult task with PzKpfw III.  :)

In games like Red Orchestra or Battleground Europe this type of vehicle have use, to transport or kill infantry, but in BoS will be "waste of resources", as there no infantry "kill'able", don't worth have then to fight with another of same type...  :mellow: 

Yes , i am agree

BA-10 with its 45mm cannon can go against anything Germans can put on the battlefield.As long as it is not hit first ;)

BA-64 is scout car.So it is supposed to do scouting ahead of advancing tanks.It can also serve as commanding vehicle for arty spotting.

• Upvote 1

hmmm... thinking about it I suppose they could attack the anti-tank /artillery guns?

Maybe some have heavier armament than I give them credit for, but would it not be pretty much suicide to try buzzing around in something lightweight against player tanks and planes, alongside AI anti tank guns?

The capture the flag element makes a fast recon vehicle very valuable. You can have your set piece battle with medium tanks, duke it out with attack aircraft and make a mad dash for the enemy HQ with your scout company......if you survive.

Can the tanks now in game actually shoot at and destroy planes...either with main rounds or more likely MG??? Or is the main purpose of tanks just to take and kill AI ? Which I would find to be boring(

If you get on the airfield you can

Ba-10 in Steel Fury allows for some crazy offroad rides :)

Playable artillery would be interesting. Scout cars could act as spotters, and radio enemy locations to the artillery.

• Upvote 1

That looks like great fun (regarding the T34 air field assault vid). I just wish my PC would run it.

Scratch that - I wish I could get clearance from the FC to buy a better computer!