PatrickAWlson

PWCG 7.4.0 Released - Coop Admin

It depends.  Only fighter units are assigned victories at the start of a campaign, regardless of side.  So maybe that's what you see.

If it's a fighter unit the answer is it depends.  Early in the war Russian units were bad.  Throughout the war some Russian units remained bad.  On the Russian side scores were lower.  It is not a given that everybody will have zero victories, but far more likely for a Russian unit than German.

One thing that I should do better is to consider the amount of time the war has been going and increase the minimum scores of the highest ranked pilots such that a few at least have some victories.

Thanks for the answer. These are fighters and already the end of 1942. It is strange that pilots under 60 sorties do not have a single victory. Can this be changed?I want to fly with experienced commanders)

Edited by inbeat777

@PatrickAWlsonIs there a wiki for PWCG? I am trying to figure out the purpose of adding Coop Pilots from the Administrator Coop Menu since you cannot populate those fields when creating a mission The Generator asks me to recreate the Pilots. The User Coop gets populated though which is great.

Many Thanks!

PWCG 7.3.0

Night Missions for BoS
- Fly at night.  Squadrons configured to add some percentage of night missions.
- Night witches now always fly at night
Fixed bad .list files.  Delete .list file when making binaries
Fixed Aces cannot be added to a mission
Fixed unable to add German pilot to coop campaign
Improved binary file error handling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2019 at 2:13 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

- Night witches now always fly at night

Flying wooden biplanes just became a whole lot more metal.

• Like 3

Pat, very nice update.

Will you be able to get the Russian controllers voices in English speaking careers straightened out soon? Kind of an immersion killer. 

Also wondering if the taxi feature will be restored. That was a great enhancement. 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, TheSNAFU said:

Pat, very nice update.

Will you be able to get the Russian controllers voices in English speaking careers straightened out soon? Kind of an immersion killer. 

Also wondering if the taxi feature will be restored. That was a great enhancement. 

Thanks

Not sure why the voices are Russian.  I'll ask around the mission creation forum.

Just to clarify, the taxi feature works just fine where it has been implemented.  On BoBP it has yet to be build. 

It's on the to do list but probably won't happen quickly.  Doing this involves every mapping taxiways on every runway on the map.  Then you have to test each one.  Murleen put in a heck of a lot of work to get that done on the three Russian maps.  BoBP probably has close to 100 runways so it's going to take some time.

just carry on doing what you do Pat..i for one are happy to play with things just the way they are, any improvements are welcome but just do them in your own good time, but this campaign generator just goes from strength to strength

• Upvote 1

Yep, (like Snails wrote) just carry on doing what you do. There's no better way to play BoBP than with your generator.

Should our pilots receive the Purple Heart when they're wounded? Haven't seen an awarding of that, yet.

Thanks again for all you do.

Mine did it the 1st mission. My squad mate was hit and rtb'd back to base then at the end of mission in the briefing he received the purple heart..

10 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Not sure why the voices are Russian.  I'll ask around the mission creation forum.

Just to clarify, the taxi feature works just fine where it has been implemented.  On BoBP it has yet to be build. 

It's on the to do list but probably won't happen quickly.  Doing this involves every mapping taxiways on every runway on the map.  Then you have to test each one.  Murleen put in a heck of a lot of work to get that done on the three Russian maps.  BoBP probably has close to 100 runways so it's going to take some time.

Wow that does sound like a lot of work, I will say though I for one am looking forward to it. Got so used to using it in Kuban I would miss it now.

However in the meantime I am sure I will have a blast until then.

• Like 1

Thanks Pat, as always and since it first arrived to ROF I appreciate your work and dedication to PWCG.

Regards the Russian voices in  the tower maybe the English voice mod would help you determine how to address the issue. Just a thought, I really dont know if it would be useful or not. I have to laugh when I'm on the runway in my trusty P51 and the Russians start barking out directions. I feel like I've been interned at a Red air force base!  😊

I should have been more clear concerning the taxi feature. I meant on the Bodenplatte map. It is a very cool enhancement but that said I realize how time consuming it will be to program it for all the fields on the map.

Did you remove all of the previous version before installing 7.3.0? Maybe it is some code that didn't get overwritten causing the problem.  I'm getting correct voices since 7.2.0 and checked a mission that I generated, it is correctly assigning the new nations.

Can you upload the mission that was using Russian voices?

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:50 AM, 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R said:

Did you remove all of the previous version before installing 7.3.0? Maybe it is some code that didn't get overwritten causing the problem.  I'm getting correct voices since 7.2.0 and checked a mission that I generated, it is correctly assigning the new nations.

Can you upload the mission that was using Russian voices?

Just to be sure I deleted all versions of PWCG and all related missions in game and I am still getting Russian voices for the controllers. Pilot voices are correct as far as I can tell. If others are getting the proper voices from the controllers/tower I must be doin something wrong.

Attached is the mission file.

Bodenplatte 1944-09-01.zip

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

Just to be sure I deleted all versions of PWCG and all related missions in game and I am still getting Russian voices for the controllers. Pilot voices are correct as far as I can tell. If others are getting the proper voices from the controllers/tower I must be doin something wrong.

Bodenplatte 1944-09-01.zip 577.56 kB · 2 downloads

I had a look in the ME before I left town today.  For some reason all your Red airfields are set to USSR. 

I will have another look when I get home tomorrow evening, I thought that issue was fixed with 7.2.0, however I did not test in 7.3.0 BoS yet, I have been busy working on 7.3.0 FC.

I did notice that there's a few other things that are not quite correct in your mission and that you used the . mission file and not the binary.  What happens when you enable the creation of a binary mission?

For now you can open it with the editor and manually change the airfields to USA and GB as appropriate.

Edited by 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R

5 hours ago, 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R said:

I had a look in the ME before I left town today.  For some reason all your Red airfields are set to USSR. 

I will have another look when I get home tomorrow evening, I thought that issue was fixed with 7.2.0, however I did not test in 7.3.0 BoS yet, I have been busy working on 7.3.0 FC.

I did notice that there's a few other things that are not quite correct in your mission and that you used the . mission file and not the binary.  What happens when you enable the creation of a binary mission?

For now you can open it with the editor and manually change the airfields to USA and GB as appropriate.

Thanks for taking a look. I have version 7.30 installed with the binary mission set to 1 which was the default. When I accept the mission it takes a while to finish which Pat indicates is normal. The mission in game starts much faster as a result. 

I have no idea why some of my mission files don’t look right. I set the binary mission setting to 0. No difference the controller voices are still Russian. 

Perhaps my mission file and your findings will help Pat figure out what is going on. 

PWCG 7.4.0

Revised Coop User Admin

- View all pilots in all of your coop campaigns

- Add a user (not changed)

- Remove a user

Removes the user and all personas in all campaigns that are associated with that user

New Coop Campaign Admin

Admin functions for personas within the campaign

- Add pilot (not changed)

- Retire pilot: permanently retires a coop pilot

- Transfer pilot: Allows the host to perform a transfer operation on a persona

• Like 2

-- all co-op changes/additons (re: 7.4.0)? Any reason to upgrade from 7.3 if single player offline only?

1 hour ago, Redwo1f said:

-- all co-op changes/additons (re: 7.4.0)? Any reason to upgrade from 7.3 if single player offline only?

Not thinking of one at the moment.

They should hire you permanently and combine your campaign with the existing career system. That would be absolutely fantastico!

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2019 at 8:35 AM, TheSNAFU said:

Bodenplatte 1944-09-01.zip 577.56 kB · 2 downloads

Same here.

On 11/23/2019 at 7:48 PM, TheSNAFU said:

Thanks for taking a look. I have version 7.30 installed with the binary mission set to 1 which was the default. When I accept the mission it takes a while to finish which Pat indicates is normal. The mission in game starts much faster as a result. 

I have no idea why some of my mission files don’t look right. I set the binary mission setting to 0. No difference the controller voices are still Russian. 

Perhaps my mission file and your findings will help Pat figure out what is going on. 

Looked into that this evening.  I think I have a fix.  Was using Russia as the default allied country.  Changed to USA.  Made further changes to use the country of the squadron stationed at the airfield, so brit airfields should get British voices.  This assumes (hope I'm right) that the voice is tied to the fake airfield component.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/25/2019 at 5:01 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG 7.4.0

Revised Coop User Admin

- View all pilots in all of your coop campaigns

- Add a user (not changed)

- Remove a user

Removes the user and all personas in all campaigns that are associated with that user

New Coop Campaign Admin

Admin functions for personas within the campaign

- Add pilot (not changed)

- Retire pilot: permanently retires a coop pilot

- Transfer pilot: Allows the host to perform a transfer operation on a persona

Thank you sir ! I'll be able to continue my co-op campaign by changing squadrons now!

20 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Looked into that this evening.  I think I have a fix.  Was using Russia as the default allied country.  Changed to USA.  Made further changes to use the country of the squadron stationed at the airfield, so brit airfields should get British voices.  This assumes (hope I'm right) that the voice is tied to the fake airfield component.

That’s great news Pat. Thanks very much!!

Hey Pat can you add ranks to the US side. Im looking for Col. and Lt. COL. due to the fact that we have those ranks in use in my squadron, thanks mate!

2 hours ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Hey Pat can you add ranks to the US side. Im looking for Col. and Lt. COL. due to the fact that we have those ranks in use in my squadron, thanks mate!

I can put it on the to do list but no promises that it will happen any time soon.  Adding ranks is not especially easy.  There is a lot of logic around ranks (promotions, initial kills, flight position, etc.) in the code, and adding two more to the American side would break a lot if stuff.

I stop ranks at the squadron commander level.  Major is the highest ranking officer commanding squadrons on the American side.  I know that in WWII it goes beyond that but ranks higher than that are at the group/wing/JG level.   PWCG does not support Groups, Wings, or Jagdgeschwaders at this time.  Also the reason why there are no Stab units on the German side.  I know the name says "Fighter Group" but the unit is really representative of one squadron.

This is still a holdover from PWCG's WWI origins.  I would have to do a lot of work to recreate the organization of each service to do it properly.  Sorry to disappoint.

Thank you for this beautiful piece of software. I really think that this campaign generator is going to push me to buy Flying circus next week.

My question:

Is there an easy way to force all spawning planes to have a white winter skins during winter (even if they were all the same and generic ?). It feels wierd to see dark green migs to fly over the white planes of stalingrad.  

Also I play Ju52 campaign and it seems that no paratroopers ever jump from other Ju52s except mine. Am I doing something wrong during setup ?

Edited by rulezcz

7 hours ago, rulezcz said:

Thank you for this beautiful piece of software. I really think that this campaign generator is going to push me to buy Flying circus next week.

My question:

Is there an easy way to force all spawning planes to have a white winter skins during winter (even if they were all the same and generic ?). It feels wierd to see dark green migs to fly over the white planes of stalingrad.  

Also I play Ju52 campaign and it seems that no paratroopers ever jump from other Ju52s except mine. Am I doing something wrong during setup ?

You have to set the squadron skins for every squadron for winter dates, then go back to green when its not winter.  It's a bit painful but it can be done.  Skin setup is something that I have not yet made full use of in PWCG for WWII.  In RoF there were probably 1000+ skins configured.  I have not had the time to begin to do proper skin configuration for WWII (or FC for that matter)

I'll take note of the the JU52 thing as an issue.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Like 1

Had some great fun for much of the day yesterday in 7.4.0, especially after a bit of a break in IL-2.

Flying a Spit Mk IX Campaign in Bodenplatte.

The AI was very challenging, obviously there have been some improvements in AI behavior by 1CGS.

The last mission was an Intercept, and we came across a flight of inbound 109's not long after takeoff. I got three of them, then as we were getting

ready to return to base a flight of 190's showed up to tell us not so quick. Got two of them. My other wingmen took care of the others. No lost pilots or aircraft.

But they all put up a very good fight.

Great fun and looking forward to many more hours with this.

PWCG rocks!

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Two little bug in my 352FG campaign :  on the top aces panel the top scorer is a Soviet pilot :acute:and my home base at "Le Culot" talk to me in Russian...The reds are everywhere...:biggrin:

@PatrickAWlson

You are probably already aware of this but thought I would mention. Flying a Spit Mk IX Campaign in Bodenplatte.

Start date 9/1/44.

I am 22 missions into my Campaign, and take off and landing direction so far in each mission has us taking off and landing downwind rather than into the wind. At least going by the windsock. Running 7.4.0.

Edited by dburne

6 hours ago, dburne said:

@PatrickAWlson

You are probably already aware of this but thought I would mention. Flying a Spit Mk IX Campaign in Bodenplatte.

Start date 9/1/44.

I am 22 missions into my Campaign, and take off and landing direction so far in each mission has us taking off and landing downwind rather than into the wind. At least going by the windsock. Running 7.4.0.

I have to make some more changes in that regard.  Murleen set something up where the code would decide which direction to take off and land.  That worked great on two way strips but I had to disable it when rough fields were introduced, as it caused planes to take off into the hangars. I can restore it but it would require some more code and data analysis to let PWCG understand that it is on a field or on a strip or on a multi strip.  Doable, but not a quick thing.  Probably will revisit when I get to mapping taxi ways for BoBP

I'm actually working on the BoBP taxiways at the moment - about half way through, so hopefully about a week left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I have to make some more changes in that regard.  Murleen set something up where the code would decide which direction to take off and land.  That worked great on two way strips but I had to disable it when rough fields were introduced, as it caused planes to take off into the hangars. I can restore it but it would require some more code and data analysis to let PWCG understand that it is on a field or on a strip or on a multi strip.  Doable, but not a quick thing.  Probably will revisit when I get to mapping taxi ways for BoBP

Ok thanks! No biggie, I do not have strong winds set so no issue really for me going downwind.

32 minutes ago, Murleen said:

I'm actually working on the BoBP taxiways at the moment - about half way through, so hopefully about a week left.

Awesome, looking forward to those cold starts and taxi in Bodenplatte!

I can only imagine how much work that must entail. Much gratitude!!