PWCG 13.5.0 What do you mean I didn't hit him?

PatrickAWlson

I/JG2_Saladin

Hello chaps and thak's for your great work.

Need some help to use the camagne genarator...   I followed the instructions in the first post but no mission generated in game !?    Is it a known issu or may i doing something wrong ?

Plese help

14 hours ago, ethantokes said:

You are an actual hero, sir.

Well said!  We need to figure out how to nominate @PatrickAWlson for an Oracle Award for his volunteer service to our small community.  Maybe Larry Ellison can create a new award category: "Hero of the Java War" to recognize Pat's WWI and WWII service?  If not, I at least think he deserves this one:

https://www.oracle.com/corporate/awards/proactive-support-champion/

As always - Thanks Pat for the continuing updates and keeping us flying! :salute:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, I/JG2_Saladin said:

Need some help to use the camagne genarator...   I followed the instructions in the first post but no mission generated in game !?    Is it a known issu or may i doing something wrong ?

The most common reason is overlooking the "new" PWCG missions folder.  Your in Game Missions Menu should now have a "PWCG" subfolder.  The mission that PWCG generates should be located in that subfolder.  

PatrickAWlson
2 hours ago, Varibraun said:

Well said!  We need to figure out how to nominate @PatrickAWlson for an Oracle Award for his volunteer service to our small community.  Maybe Larry Ellison can create a new award category: "Hero of the Java War" to recognize Pat's WWI and WWII service?  If not, I at least think he deserves this one:

https://www.oracle.com/corporate/awards/proactive-support-champion/

As always - Thanks Pat for the continuing updates and keeping us flying! :salute:

Ellison owes me something.  I am one of 10 people keeping Java Swing alive.  

• Haha 5

I/JG2_Saladin
On 9/30/2021 at 7:04 PM, Varibraun said:

The most common reason is overlooking the "new" PWCG missions folder.  Your in Game Missions Menu should now have a "PWCG" subfolder.  The mission that PWCG generates should be located in that subfolder.  

I have the new folder PWCG in missions folder but it is empty !  I installed the generator in the game folder 'D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\PWCGBoS" Correct ?

Edited by I/JG2_Saladin

Varibraun
1 hour ago, I/JG2_Saladin said:

I have the new folder PWCG in missions folder but it is empty !  I installed the generator in the game folder 'D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\PWCGBoS" Correct ?

Hi Saladin - Unfortunately, my tech knowledge doesn't run deep, I only know the most common reasons I have seen posted in these threads.  The 2nd most common is not having 64 bit Java installed - the default installation is 32 bit, so that trips people up.  If that isn't it, we will need to await advice from the much smarter crew here.  (I play in Steam, so my directory is different, but yours looks correct to me).  I hope you are able to get up and running!

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.3.0 Are the new cannons coming soon?
PatrickAWlson

Added SPAD VII 180 HP
- Modified SPAD VII 150 HP to be removed earlier
- Modified SPAD XIII to be added a little later
Added smoke blows in mission wind direction
Added availability dates to payloads and modifications
- Payloads are selectable during mission generation only if available
- AI limited to available payloads
- Added more payload options for AI use
- Selectable modifications can be chosen during mission generation
- Modifications are stock or selectable (existing functionality)
- Stock modifications are added automatically when available
- Both AI and Human flights will receive stock modifications

Per the mods, I'm not sure what people will or will not notice.  The changes will have a real impact, but it might be subtle.  A plane gets boost and the enemy seems to be flying a little better.  Summer of 1942 and MiG-3s hit a little harder.  Your own plane might fly a little better because of a stock engine boost mod.  Warning to 262 pilots, the auto valve will not be there until December 1944.

Explaining "stock modifications".  These are mods that PWCG applies automatically.  You don't have to remember to check off 150 octane fuel because PWCG will give it to you if its available.  Same with other things like auto-valve, gyro gunsights, etc.  This is not new - been that way for many months.  What is new is attaching  an availability date to several of them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...

Mister Wilson...from the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU sooooooooooo much for making this fine mod. I joined just to say that. This bar none, is the best pc experience i have had. I cant play IL-2 without it. As a child i had dreamed of being a ww2 pilot.....(guess i am a little too late lol ) . This mod has allowed me to experience that , in spades! I dont even know where to being. From the historical value of flying with the a.i. version of famous aces . To managing my fine squadron. I cant get enough. I only play this in VR. So it has the added bonus of giving me a break from VR in between missions. Thank you so much again. You are the Reichsmarschall i wish i had ! Just one question if I can good sir....Is Adolf Galland in any of this?

werner-moelders-and-adolf-galland-1940-C45D22.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.4.0 ich spreche Deutsch
PatrickAWlson

Internationalization
- English, German, Spanish, French
- Most buttons and labels
- Not 100%.  Output to mission files and several complex items like combat reports and victory statements remain English only.

Added the Breguet 14

- Added three new squadrons flying the Breguet

- Esc 2 (French, 1st Aero (USA), 3eme (Belgian) 
Improved leave, transfer equipment request, depot report such that the document image stretching is minimal.
Improved the intel report layout
Fixed issue where reference pilot change may not be saved

This was challenging to say the least.  About 300 words and phrases have been translated.  They cover most buttons, labels, and tool tips.  Mostly not covered are text blocks like journal entries, etc.  Definitely not covered is anything that is written to the mission folder.  Still, not a bad start, I hope.  If this is met with reasonable enthusiasm we can talk about doing more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

vincentmoy

Found a problem with 13.4.0. I went to the intelligent report and there isn't a button to get out

13.3.0.jpg

Above: 13.3

13.4.0.jpg

Above: 13.4

This is my settings

pwcg settings.jpg

Edited by vincentmoy

PatrickAWlson

@juanitkm I was asking vincentmoy in reference to the missing "Finished" button.  In your case you are showing me the map, which looks like it has all of the buttons available.  Is there something in particular that you wanted to call my attention to?

I have no means to test 3440x1440 as my display is only 2560x1440.  I do tests on 2560x1440 and 1920x1080.

You do not have to run PWCG at full monitor size.  

Main Menu->Configuration

Open UI Preferences configs

Set "Let PWCG Auto Size" to 0

Set PWCG Screen height and width as you like.

If I had a 3440x1440 monitor I would probably set PWCG to something like my own monitors dimensions with a bit to spare: 2460x1340

EDIT: Set "Let PWCG Auto Size" to 0, Ok, I have changed it

I have taken advantage of the fact that you were talking about resolutions to put my case. The notification bar looks very small. before it did not happen. Thank you

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-28 170749.jpg

Edited by juanitkm

PatrickAWlson

@juanitkm Thanks for the clarification.  That could be an unintended consequence of the internationalization process.  Pretty sure that I can do something about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson
2 minutes ago, vincentmoy said:

3840x1600. Set the same in config and auto size = 0

I can't test that screen size, but I did put a change in that should solve the problem.  

vincentmoy
10 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I can't test that screen size, but I did put a change in that should solve the problem.  

I tried switching to 1920*1080 with auto size = 0. Still the same problem. The layout is off compares to 13.3.

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.4.1 J'ai réparé le Breguet
PatrickAWlson

Improved layout of skin selection UI
Improved appearance reference pilot selection and player admin screen to minimize image stretching
Fixed Breguet issue
Fixed layout of intel screen - control buttons not displaying on some monitors
Fixed overly small area for text in debrief
Fixed leave error message.  Weeks should be days.  Changed dialog from error to help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 1

71st_AH_Mastiff

any way to fix the chat screen from AI?

the ATC take off chat is stuck on the screen the whole missions.

PatrickAWlson
44 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

any way to fix the chat screen from AI?

the ATC take off chat is stuck on the screen the whole missions.

Sounds like an in game setting.  I don't think that PWCG has anything to do with that.  If PWCG can control that I don' t know how.

El 28/10/2021 a las 18:47, juanitkm dijo:

EDITAR: Establecer "Dejar que PWCG Auto Size" sea 0, Ok, lo he cambiado

He aprovechado el hecho de que estabas hablando de resoluciones para presentar mi caso. La barra de notificaciones parece muy pequeña. Antes de que no sucediera. Gracias

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-28 170749.jpg

fixed with the update thanks

• Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson

I am working on the "let's go attack the nearest bridge thing".   I posted something in "complaints" because I do not think the AI should be making that decision given the way I build missions, but I am pretty sure that I can also code PWCG without any AI change.  

1. Fix error in PWCG.  All bridges have entities.  Only target bridges should.

2. All structures near a target for any flight have entities.  This is by design because I want AI flights to get credit as well.  However, probably have to disable this for the time being and just make structures near player target areas have entities.

We'll see what happens.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

71st_AH_Mastiff
5 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Sounds like an in game setting.  I don't think that PWCG has anything to do with that.  If PWCG can control that I don' t know how.

this is annoying, It doesnt happen in the vanilla.

(stuck there on screen the whole mission every time.)

atcchatopenallmission.thumb.jpg.e6a5fd884504f0bc597ab6187261166d.jpg

if its a generated mission thing from 1C side? I'm not sure?

I've reported it before, and it was gone, now its back again, and only happening on this side.

if its not generated on this side Ill test some more on it. 

could it be a scripted error from the ATC AI side?

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.4.2 diese Brücke ignorieren
PatrickAWlson

Fix flight targets nearest bridge
Fix bad airfield assignment for No 20 Squadron (FC)

PWCG web site is down for the moment.  Not sure why.  

Bridge fix is based on one test mission flown, so take claims of fixed with a grain of salt. Still, I think I know what caused the problem so the fix was based on a pretty educated supposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

71st_AH_Mastiff
11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Something funky happened with the web site.  The URL changed a bit for reasons I do not quite understand.

Use:

http://www.pwcampaignmanager.com/pwcg/pwcgbos/web/PWCGBoS.php

Link on the OP has also been updated.

your using your home original works php, instead of a html save web page. in other words where not supposed to be able to look at your folder structure. 

that's supposed to be locked out from prying eyes, we should only see the end result php.

how to fix that.

https://www.quora.com/When-I-open-my-website-a-site-showing-index-of-followed-by-my-HTML-files-shows-instead-of-my-homepage-How-do-I-fix-it

• Like 1

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.5.0 What do you mean I didn't hit him?
PatrickAWlson

Changes to awarding player victories
- Adds damage check to victories not confirmed in logs.  You will not get a victory for something you didn't shoot.
Added warning when player does something to advance time when an AAR is pending.
- New mission
- Leave
- Transfer
- warning says "Existing mission results detected ... Proceed?"
- Yes means proceed and don't do the AAR
- No means do not proceed,giving you a chance to submit an AAR.
Fixed pilot admin layout
Fixed pilot admin not showing action buttons when pilot selected
Fixed incorrect info displayed on page 2 of campaign creation
Fixed Yak 1B not recognized

The big change here is improved use of damaged records.  PWCG will now verify that you at least hit your target before accepting a claim.  

The added warning is an attempt to minimize "PWCG can't match a log file to the latest mission".   That message is not a bug.  It really means that your campaign has advanced beyond the last flown mission.  If PWCG sees logs for the current campaign date then this is an indication that you have not submitted an AAR.  You will now get a warning that you are about to do something that might make that impossible if you proceed.  Warnings may be issued when generating a new mission, taking leave, or transferring.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Spidey002

I had an issue in 13.4.2 (I don't know if this has been addressed in 13.5.0): 

When I don't assign specific skin for a squadron member's plane, in the previous version (13.3.0), it would give them the blank skin for my squadron (Blue nosed Mustang, 352nd Fighter Group).

Now it gives them the generic blank skin from the main game (silver with army green on top of the engine.)

---

Update: I still get the generic (silver and army green) skin instead of 352nd skin (blue nose) for unassigned squadron members.

Any insights on this @PatrickAWlson?

Edited by Spidey002
update

Hey Pat, is it possible to make the pilot loss rate customizeable? If I ever go on leave in a Soviet squadron virtually my entire squadron gets wiped out. It feels weird because these same losses aren't ever reflected in my actual gameplay, where I might lose 2 comrades a week.

I get it's the realistic loss rate, but I'd like to be able to skip a week ahead without losing all my copilots, esp as my Moscow campaign is dragging on. Not sure if this is something that could be edited, it's not a big deal, just wondering. 

I have a question Pat....when you choose a particular squadron, like a Hurricane squadron in 1941...does PWCG automatically give you the weapon mods available at that time?  Like only machine guns in 1941, and then Hispanos later?  (I understand you can change them in game if you want)   I was just curious.   

(PS pretty please HS129 in Stalingrad!)😏

Edited by Vishnu

4 hours ago, Vishnu said:

I have a question Pat....when you choose a particular squadron, like a Hurricane squadron in 1941...does PWCG automatically give you the weapon mods available at that time?  Like only machine guns in 1941, and then Hispanos later?  (I understand you can change them in game if you want)   I was just curious.   

(PS pretty please HS129 in Stalingrad!)😏

Not too long ago I added availability dates and nation to weapon mods, so Hurricanes will not have anything other than 303 machine guns early on.  As different mods become available they may or may not be assigned based on mission type and random selection.  If a mod is available then you can make use of it by selecting it in the briefing.

Some mods, like instruments, 150octane fuel, etc. are automatically added when available.  The player will never see them as selectable in PWCG.  Weapons mods are never in this category.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:27 PM, Duce_de_Zoop said:

Hey Pat, is it possible to make the pilot loss rate customizeable? If I ever go on leave in a Soviet squadron virtually my entire squadron gets wiped out. It feels weird because these same losses aren't ever reflected in my actual gameplay, where I might lose 2 comrades a week.

I get it's the realistic loss rate, but I'd like to be able to skip a week ahead without losing all my copilots, esp as my Moscow campaign is dragging on. Not sure if this is something that could be edited, it's not a big deal, just wondering. 

The short version is no.  Too many variables hang on that parameter.  Even so, I'm thinking about what you are saying.  Maybe limit the number of experienced pilots killed in simulated missions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson
2 hours ago, Wulfkai said:

Does the raid mission type also apply to flying circus?

It can.  Not sure if I have any units designated as raiders as it's much more of a WWII thing, but it might be fun to give a Bristol and a Halberstadt unit that role.

Or the new Bréguet 14.B2, just thinking that the speed would make it fit right in that mission type? Ww1 mosquito style 😊

another question is “strategic” bombing possible in pwcg for fc1? Just thinking that the gotha and handley page is “soon” to arrive 😊

best regards

PatrickAWlson
6 hours ago, Wulfkai said:

Or the new Bréguet 14.B2, just thinking that the speed would make it fit right in that mission type? Ww1 mosquito style 😊

another question is “strategic” bombing possible in pwcg for fc1? Just thinking that the gotha and handley page is “soon” to arrive 😊

best regards

Short version is anything PWCG can do in GB is possible for FC as well.   It amounts to configuration.   In fact, strategic bombing came to PWCG before Great Battles was even done, precisely because those aircraft were introduced to RoF.

PWCG GB/FC is a single code base.  Where things are different, planes, medals. etc. the logic is abstracted out into WWI and WWII code.  Mission generation logic is common.  Mission parameters like range and altitude are abstracted out or handled by external configuration to differentiate the two wars.  

I have not configured any of the new squadron profiles: raider, train buster, strategic bomber, strategic interceptor, anti shipping, tank buster, etc. because those specializations were not a thing in WWI.  Ground attack flights will still target trains and tanks, but because they are in the hopper of possible targets and not specifically because a specialization was designated. 

Raider is a bit different, as it is a flight profile and not a target specialization, so adding raider as a possibility to units that do ground attack (everything NOT German Jastas :) ) is something I can do.