PWCG 13.5.0 What do you mean I didn't hit him?

PatrickAWlson

-332FG-drewm3i-VR
On 7/28/2021 at 3:25 AM, blue_max said:

Hey Pat, I'm really appreciating your continued work! Question: over at Vander's easy mission generator, he has been integrating new scenery work by a community member, for the Rhineland map. It's really cool, and it would be really nice if that would become available in PWCG as well :-D

Cheers

I am interested in this too. Would be an amazing feature!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HofVanStrudel

There is an issue where the start up spawn i am stuck in a airplane hangar tent so it isnt perfectly alligned inside so im stuck  and cannot move

PatrickAWlson
On 7/28/2021 at 3:25 AM, blue_max said:

Hey Pat, I'm really appreciating your continued work! Question: over at Vander's easy mission generator, he has been integrating new scenery work by a community member, for the Rhineland map. It's really cool, and it would be really nice if that would become available in PWCG as well :-D

Cheers

If it is only scenery (terrain visuals) then you just have to install it.  You don't need me to do anything with PWCG.

If it is only structures, if those structures are included in the base game, and they work with the existing terrain then I can use it as the new normal.

If it is a combination of terrain and structures that work closely together then the answer is, unfortunately, no.  I will not do anything that compromises the ability of PWCG to work with the stock game.  I am also unwilling to maintain duplicates.

• Upvote 1

Stonehouse

Not sure but I think he is referring to the editor groups work I mentioned to you a little while ago Pat. I believe Vander has begun incorporating it into his mission generator. So not a mod and as I understand things would have to come through the mission generation side if you were to make use of it.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61145-new-pwcg-issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1112570

Edited by Stonehouse

PatrickAWlson
2 hours ago, Stonehouse said:

Not sure but I think he is referring to the editor groups work I mentioned to you a little while ago Pat. I believe Vander has begun incorporating it into his mission generator. So not a mod and as I understand things would have to come through the mission generation side if you were to make use of it.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61145-new-pwcg-issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1112570

OK.  Took a look and PWCG already has some version of almost all of them.  The deleting/respawning AAA was done away with because people complained that killed AAA came back from the dead.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson
11 hours ago, migmadmarine said:

Will the new FC aircraft be incorporated soon?

Working on it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.1.0 The target is over there!
PatrickAWlson

Added SPAD VII Early, Pfalz D.XII, and Airco DH4
Added German AAA Half Track
Add decimal level turbulence
Fixed Cannot add new pilot if all pilots are dead

- Will set the new pilot as the reference pilot only if the new pilot is the only human pilot

- Note,  UI will not pick up on the new pilot as the reference pilot.  Exit and reenter the campaign.
Fixed incorrect sorting of payloads and modifications for Bristol F2B

• Thanks 7
  • Upvote 1

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.1.0 The string bags are coming!
JG1_Jaus

Just downloaded the 13.1.0    Thanks!

I see that we can select the new aircraft in the 'aircraft owned' section, but I've created a few test campaigns (1/1917,  3/1918,  6/1918) and I don't see any of the new aircraft available in the supply depot, or on the intel map.    What am I missing?

PatrickAWlson
23 minutes ago, JG1_Jaus said:

Just downloaded the 13.1.0    Thanks!

I see that we can select the new aircraft in the 'aircraft owned' section, but I've created a few test campaigns (1/1917,  3/1918,  6/1918) and I don't see any of the new aircraft available in the supply depot, or on the intel map.    What am I missing?

I see them but I have run an AAR for my campaigns.  Not sure if I fill up the supply depot on campaign creation.  Might have to run some missions for it to start filling.

JG1_Jaus

I did do a test coop on the Central side and saw Spad 7's in the debrief.   But I didn't find any PXIIs or DVIIIs at any of the Central squads.

Do aircraft have to be shot down on the side of the reference pilot in order to make room for the new planes?   Can the new planes be made to get added to a campaign on the player side when the campaign is created?

PatrickAWlson
2 hours ago, JG1_Jaus said:

I did do a test coop on the Central side and saw Spad 7's in the debrief.   But I didn't find any PXIIs or DVIIIs at any of the Central squads.

Do aircraft have to be shot down on the side of the reference pilot in order to make room for the new planes?   Can the new planes be made to get added to a campaign on the player side when the campaign is created?

Pfalz D.XII will only be available in the newly added Jasta 34b starting in July/August 1918.  Turns of that all of the units that I moved over from RoF, none flew the Pfalz D.XII, so I had to add one.   

Fokker D.VIII is a bit of a unicorn.  Jasta 6 might fly it but only really late - Oct 1918.  That is one that I would recommend a player add it as a personal plane if they want to fly it.

Replacements come regardless of losses.  You do not have to lose planes to get replacements.  Replacements are added to squadrons without the need to lose existing planes.  Planes in the squadron are evaluated against those available in the depo.  Better planes replace worse planes as much as possible.

One issue with the Pfalz and the D.VIII is that they are not better planes.  Despite being later models, the D.VII and D.VIIF are regarded as better and will be chosen in preference to those types.  That is why I added Jasta 34b - I have them flying only the Pfalz  to make sure at least some are in the air.

When the SSW comes along it will be another unicorn.  Again, best flown by adding a personal plane.

JG1_Jaus

Adding a personal plane?   I've studied the campaign setup options pretty carefully and don't remember seeing that as an option.    I've always transferred player pilots to squadrons that were flying the type of ac the players wanted to fly.    Does the personal plane allow you to use that plane regardless of squadron?   Where do I find that option?

PatrickAWlson
2 minutes ago, JG1_Jaus said:

Adding a personal plane?   I've studied the campaign setup options pretty carefully and don't remember seeing that as an option.    I've always transferred player pilots to squadrons that were flying the type of ac the players wanted to fly.    Does the personal plane allow you to use that plane regardless of squadron?   Where do I find that option?

<Campaign>->Activity->Equipment Request.  

Choose a plane to be replaced and select the plane you want to convert it to.  Now you have a plane of whatever type you want (limited by the plane actually existing at the time).

This was originally intended to allow players who found themselves in a unit with a plane they did not own to fly in that unit.  However, for WWI especially, it becomes a great way to get your hands on one of the German  unicorns.

PWCG will not automatically assign this plane to your pilot , so you might (probably will) have to change planes when you generate a mission.

You can change as many planes as you want.  There is a possibility of them being destroyed or even replaced, so you might have to pull them back in periodically.

I've noticed the ww1 planes arent being given serial no/tactical codes in the equipment lists anymore with this update. Just shows as (). Is this WIA? 

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, Hastati said:

I've noticed the ww1 planes arent being given serial no/tactical codes in the equipment lists anymore with this update. Just shows as (). Is this WIA? 

I doubt that serial codes are supported for WWI.  Need to write some code not to show that.  Otherwise harmless.

3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I doubt that serial codes are supported for WWI.  Need to write some code not to show that.  Otherwise harmless.

Honestly would make sense to just use 2 digit numbers instead just for the ingame tactical codes the newer planes have, if they do actually get written from the mission file to airframes. Or for ww1 to instead have a tactical number assigned to each pilot.

PatrickAWlson
4 hours ago, Hastati said:

Honestly would make sense to just use 2 digit numbers instead just for the ingame tactical codes the newer planes have, if they do actually get written from the mission file to airframes. Or for ww1 to instead have a tactical number assigned to each pilot.

British tended to use single letters.  French and Americans used numbers.  Germans - nothing was official but I have seen letters more than anything else.  Right now I am not aware of any WWI planes that take the tactical markings.  Really only a few WWII planes do.

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

British tended to use single letters.  French and Americans used numbers.  Germans - nothing was official but I have seen letters more than anything else.  Right now I am not aware of any WWI planes that take the tactical markings.  Really only a few WWII planes do.

SPAD VII C1, Airco Dh4 and the Nieuport 28 C1 on the Entente side and the Fokker D.VIII and Pfalz D.XII on the Central Powers side take tactical markings. IIRC they mentioned the plan now is any new released plane will have the feature and they will eventually backport it to the older ones.

• Thanks 1

Barkhorn1x

Hello Pat.

How are you?

You "may" remember me from the good old RoF days.*

Wanted to know if you have any future plans for FC PWCG.

More planes?

More squads?

More skins?

Thanks in advance.

(*If not that's OK too.)

PatrickAWlson

More planes?

New planes are incorporated as fast as they are released.  The big bombers will get non-historic treatment to make them usable in a campaign.

More squads?

New squadrons have to wait for the new map.  My understanding is that the FC II map will be bigger than the FC I map, or at least cover a different area.  That will allow more units.  I still have PWCG for RoF, with all of its configurations, on my system (PWCG for RoF, in turn, came from my Western Front Patch for RB3D).  Once I have the map I'll look at what can and cannot be added, but certainly more units will be added.

More skins?

I got a huge hand in configuring the skins that are configured to date.  It is always good to have more skins, but I will probably need some help with FC II.  No need to worry about it until I know what squadrons will be added for FC II.  OOTOH, skins for new planes can be done for the squadrons that are already in PWCG for FC I.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

migmadmarine

Is it feasible to have ground starts in FC start line abreast, possibly engine off as in Rise of Flight? 

• Upvote 1

Mtnbiker1998

Introduced some friends to IL-2 Coop using PWCG, flying 190s in June 1942 in the Kuban. They're loving it!! I've done lots of flying solo but having a big ole group of guys in a real permadeath campaign is a whole different experience. The punishment for death is having to come up with a new funny German name for your pilot (open to suggestions)

It did bring up a few questions though, Namely if Shared kills are something that could be added? Maybe something as simple as adding a ".5" option in the claims screen?

Also a question on my end as the host lol, what is the difference between Low Medium and High ground density? If I have it set to say, medium, will I still see gunfights going on on the ground? Currently have it set to low and haven't seen any yet. Granted we've only done 2 sorties and haven't spent much time over the front. I usually run it on high in singleplayer but toned it down for my locally hosted server's sake.

Seriously though, Thanks for all the work you've done. Coop like this is absolutely awesome

PatrickAWlson

@Mtnbiker1998

Funny German name: Schweinsteiger.  The name of a very well known German soccer player.  Translates as pig climber.  What pig did he climb, and why?

Partial kills: probably not any time soon.  Just the thought of implementing that, with verification, is enough to make my head spin.  

There will always be ground activity of all types.  Low/Medium/High just says how much.  At all settings there are truck convoys, trains, and battles.  At higher settings there are more truck convoys, more trains, and more engagements in a battle.  The size of convoys and number of ground units in a battle also increases.

JG4_dingsda
5 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Funny German name: Schweinsteiger.  The name of a very well known German soccer player.  Translates as pig climber.  What pig did he climb, and why?

Here 'steig' is from stige which is a stable. A Schweinsteiger is either someone that lived with the pigs in the stable -- or someone that comes from a village named 'Schweinsteig', a place where a pigstable must have played an important role. 🐖

• Upvote 1

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.2.0 Trimming trees is fun
PatrickAWlson

Added Raider role and raid mission
Added tank buster, train buster, and anti shipping roles
Added ability to select role for mission prior to generation
Made user chosen aircraft not replaceable during AAR resupply
Added ability to remove user chosen planes from inventory
- Removed aircraft will leave a hole in the inventory until the next resupply period.
Fixed situation where airfield location could be incorrectly identified as a target
Fixed incorrect choice of front locations for dome battles

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

Ok.   This is awesome.   Here’s another $10 I promised you.  Great Job Pat!

6338E36B-B5FC-4593-942D-F9AF616B3E97.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stonehouse

Hi Patrick,

Perhaps an interpretation issue at my end rather than a bug. I wanted to try the generate mission with role within a co-op campaign. So created a test JG26 campaign and added two co-op pilot slots both in JG26. On generate mission with a role I see as per the pic which is confusing as it seems to be a mission generation option for each co-op slot. I think I can see why you would want it like this if you had people playing in different squadrons and sides but think the list should only have a single entry per squadron which has a human pilot? Otherwise it implies I could have 2 missions created for JG26 which doesn't make sense in the context of what I understand you are doing? 

image.thumb.png.a71a7751088c054405adb71ae87249f4.png

A huge thank you for your continued work on PWCG. 

• Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson

@Stonehouse You are correct - supposed to be one drop down per squadron and not per pilot.  As a workaround until I fix it, you can make the same choice in both boxes and it should work.  Fix will be in the next release.

• Thanks 1

PatrickAWlson
42 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

"Fixed incorrect choice of front locations for dome battles" Dome battles?

Mad Max

Pat,

I´ve seen Stukas with the flak cannons under the wings in a ´41 campaign. Can you please fix this?

Thanks

Hey Pat....small request if possible.....Is there anyway you could put the HS129 in the Stalingrad front.   Pretty please.  With a cherry on top?

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.5.0 What do you mean I didn't hit him?