Jump to content

PWCG 13.3.0 Are the new cannons coming soon?


PatrickAWlson
 Share

Recommended Posts

PatrickAWlson
5 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

Were there USAS squadrons in the Arras area? Or you adding them so we can use the Nieuport till the map comes out? 

 

Also, any plans to integrate the new rail yards as ground attack targets? 

 

I jammed the 94th as far south as I could put them.  Probably a little too far.  it's a concession to reality of what we have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A problem seems to have arisen since this update. I always start with option 2 so we are parked. The AI used to switch on their nav lights almost immediately and proceed to start up. Now this doesn't happen. I can complete the entire sortie and they are still parked  there where they were when I get back to the spawn area. This is a very recent change and I have been playing PWCG for some considerable time with this option of starting parked.

 

Any ideas? Many thanks for such a great contribution to the IL-2 GB environment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Murleen
1 hour ago, Madov said:

A problem seems to have arisen since this update. I always start with option 2 so we are parked. The AI used to switch on their nav lights almost immediately and proceed to start up. Now this doesn't happen. I can complete the entire sortie and they are still parked  there where they were when I get back to the spawn area. This is a very recent change and I have been playing PWCG for some considerable time with this option of starting parked.

 

Any ideas? Many thanks for such a great contribution to the IL-2 GB environment.

 

The game has some quirks where sometimes cold start just doesn't work, and both @PatrickAWlson and I have tried to look into it and not figured out what triggers the problem. It tends to be tied to specific airfields - has this started failing after the update on an airfield which worked before, or has your squadron moved recently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
18 minutes ago, Murleen said:

 

The game has some quirks where sometimes cold start just doesn't work, and both @PatrickAWlson and I have tried to look into it and not figured out what triggers the problem. It tends to be tied to specific airfields - has this started failing after the update on an airfield which worked before, or has your squadron moved recently?

 

I made the decision to stop supporting this when nobody could tell me the rules to make it work.  The answer that I got is play in the ME and maybe it will. 

 

You did a fantastic job getting it to work as well as it does.  It works more often than not.  However, people need to understand that it is a half baked feature that will require 1C effort to straighten out if it is going to work 100%.   People can and should (if they want to) try it.  However there has to be an understanding that if it fails then reverting to runway start is going to be the answer for now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspected that the issue was Agoy related as I had transferred to that unit. When the issue started I transferred to another airfield but the issue remained. If I choose Start Option #0, on the runway, then the AI is  with engines running and ready to go. If there was a way that I could go into ME used for each mission, rather than the mission itself, I could perhaps  edit and sort the problem myself but I don't know  how to access the generic map used for all missions in that theatre. I guess that I could open up each mission before I  flew it  and edit what I can but that would be something of a ball ache.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Murleen
1 minute ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

I made the decision to stop supporting this when nobody could tell me the rules to make it work.  The answer that I got is play in the ME and maybe it will. 

 

You did a fantastic job getting it to work as well as it does.  It works more often than not.  However, people need to understand that it is a half baked feature that will require 1C effort to straighten out if it is going to work 100%.   People can and should (if they want to) try it.  However there has to be an understanding that if it fails then reverting to runway start is going to be the answer for now.

 

Yeah - it might be that there's something wrong with the way I set up the taxi paths, but without a clear set of rules of "what not to do", it's not really feasible to check and fix several hundred airfields. 

1 minute ago, Madov said:

I suspected that the issue was Agoy related as I had transferred to that unit. When the issue started I transferred to another airfield but the issue remained. If I choose Start Option #0, on the runway, then the AI is  with engines running and ready to go. If there was a way that I could go into ME used for each mission, rather than the mission itself, I could perhaps  edit and sort the problem myself but I don't know  how to access the generic map used for all missions in that theatre. I guess that I could open up each mission before I  flew it  and edit what I can but that would be something of a ball ache.

 

If you manage to figure out what's wrong, I can update the taxi path definitions, the challenge has always been it's not obvious why the planes refuse to start...

I created this thread to try and capture the issues we see - this might help to fix it in the future.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi

I really think tha Strategic Intercept missions in Bodenplatte/JV44 Me 262 are bugged. Two main problems/bugs:

 

- I play tens of missions without enemy planes (no bombers, but even no fighters): conversely, in every mission of different kind I encounters tens of US aircraft.

- In these mission, at about 50% of route, AI exit from path and begin ground strifing.

 

Thanks for you effort in improving PWCG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, 22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi said:

I really think tha Strategic Intercept missions in Bodenplatte/JV44 Me 262 are bugged. Two main problems/bugs:

 

- I play tens of missions without enemy planes (no bombers, but even no fighters): conversely, in every mission of different kind I encounters tens of US aircraft.

- In these mission, at about 50% of route, AI exit from path and begin ground strifing.

 

Thanks for you effort in improving PWCG.

 

I will look into the Me262 campaign and strategic intercepts in general.  They are an outlier in terms of mission creation.  When I build one of these I add no other flights due to CPU concerns, so the process is a bit different.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi

Thanks! It seems a problem strictly related to Me 262/Bodenplatte, because Strategic Intercept run fine in Kuba/Me 110.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi pat,

Love your program, recently tried to mix things up a bit for myself and went to try a Ju-52 campaign in moscow. I tried 3 missions starting on the runway. My AI squadmates just started spinning circles on the runway on all three attempts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No105_Swoose
On 4/21/2021 at 6:05 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG 12.0.0
Add iconic events

Kuban:
- Anti shipping period 10/08/1943 to 10/31/1943
- Includes scenarios with opposing sides coming into contact
- Russian invasion of Kerch 11/01/1943 to 11/11/1943

 

It may not be as exciting or as dramatic as the iconic events created for Stalingrad and Bodenplatte, but a big thank you to Pat Wilson for the improvements to the final phases of the Battle of Kuban.  I was flying an IL-2 career with the 312th ShAP out of Anapa around mid-October before the 12.0 changes took place.  It seemed like Ground Hog's Day with the same mission (attack enemy infantry or armor near Krasniy Partisan (a few kilometers east of Taman) over and over with little to no Luftwaffe activity.  Then I installed 12.0.  Wow! What a difference.  Quite an interesting variety of missions + new targets and beautiful scenery flying over the Kerch Straits.  And the Luftwaffe was back in force making the missions dicey and harder to survive.  A lot of interesting activity such as Ju-87s or Hs-129s trying to attack Soviet landing barges.  Only problem was unit's new airfield (Taman) was one of those porked, buggy ones where instead of taking off the aircraft starting with the leader taxi and crash into one another.  Solved that problem by transferring to a unit flying out of Zaporozhskaya.  All in all a great improvement to Kuban.  Description says "to 11/11/1943" but for me it's now 11/15/1943 and I'm still flying missions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

blue_max

Hi! We just did our first campaign mission in Moscow. Scramble mission. Our airfield was attacked by a bunch of mig-3s. Nice set-up, but unfortunately the migs were only interested in the airfield and more or less ignored us, so we could pick them off quite easily. Bug or feature?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
25 minutes ago, blue_max said:

Hi! We just did our first campaign mission in Moscow. Scramble mission. Our airfield was attacked by a bunch of mig-3s. Nice set-up, but unfortunately the migs were only interested in the airfield and more or less ignored us, so we could pick them off quite easily. Bug or feature?

 

Good feedback.  Not 100% sure but I might be able to do something about that.  If an attacking unit has fighter capability then I think I can add "air" to the list of targets.  Never done that before in an AttackArea so absolutely no idea how the AI will respond, but it's worth a shot.  Planes without real air to air capability would not have this set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

blue_max
16 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Good feedback.  Not 100% sure but I might be able to do something about that.  If an attacking unit has fighter capability then I think I can add "air" to the list of targets.  Never done that before in an AttackArea so absolutely no idea how the AI will respond, but it's worth a shot.  Planes without real air to air capability would not have this set.

Cool! Looking forward to trying that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rogueblade

I've downloaded PWCG for the first time to try out. I own BoB, BoK and BoS.

When I run the main java application to create a new campaign:

1.  In the "Campaign Map" dropdown when creating it, I only have Bondenplatte as a selectable option under the default option  of All Maps. Why can't I select any other maps?

2. I setup a campaign to be in a spitfire Mk IX squadron, I chose a squadron that has Mk IXs and XIVs. I don't own the XIV. After completing setup and being on the first screen of the newly made campaign, I've been placed in an XIV squadron...? Happens with both "66" and "193" squadron.

3. How do I view mission briefing data in MPH and not KMPH? As the spit uses mph

4. Do I need to leave the java exe running when I launch the game?

5. In the mission debrief screen, how are you supposed to claim kills when you don't know whether you shotdown a 109G6 or a 109G6-late, or a 190A2 or 190A3?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rogueblade said:

I've downloaded PWCG for the first time to try out. I own BoB, BoK and BoS.

When I run the main java application to create a new campaign:

1.  In the "Campaign Map" dropdown when creating it, I only have Bondenplatte as a selectable option under the default option  of All Maps. Why can't I select any other maps?

2. I setup a campaign to be in a spitfire Mk IX squadron, I chose a squadron that has Mk IXs and XIVs. I don't own the XIV. After completing setup and being on the first screen of the newly made campaign, I've been placed in an XIV squadron...? Happens with both "66" and "193" squadron.

3. How do I view mission briefing data in MPH and not KMPH? As the spit uses mph

4. Do I need to leave the java exe running when I launch the game?

5. In the mission debrief screen, how are you supposed to claim kills when you don't know whether you shotdown a 109G6 or a 109G6-late, or a 190A2 or 190A3?

 

1. Did you select a Western allied armed service?  Bodenplatte is the only map they can fly from at the moment

2. You might have to find a unit flying Mk IXs and transfer.  Both Mk IX and Mk XIVs stay in service and I have them serving side by side, which may not be correct.  Now that I think of it, correct or not, I should make the Spitfire Mk XIV a complete replacement just because it is a new plane and players could be shut out of Spitfire squadrons if they have not preordered Normandy.  Bad answer - correct answer is below.

3. At the moment PWCG operates strictly on the metric system

4. You can keep PWCG running or not as you choose.  I generally do not exit, but depending on system resources you might want to.

5. PWCG is lenient.  Take a best guess.  Your victory will not be denied because you could not specify which mark of 109 you shot down.

 

Spitfire Mk XIV: 

Usually your unit will be equipped with both MK XIV and Mk IX.  Change your plane to a a Mk IX in the briefing.

 

If you do not have any Mk IXs in your squadrons inventory, you can replace some of the Mk XIVs with Mk IXs:

Go to your campaign

Press Activity

press Equipment Request

check the planes you want to exchange

Select the plane type you want to replace them with

Press change equipment.

 

The selected planes will be removed and replaced with the chosen replacement type.

 

Edited by PatrickAWlson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 12.1.0 Iconic Events on Demand
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 12.1.0
Iconic mission from the main screen
- Generate an iconic mission without the campaign.
- Good way to kick off one of these scenarios if you just feel like playing one
Use auto generated unit codes
- From Murleen
- Makes use of the new unit code decal feature
- Only available on the P51 for now
Added several missing modifications for WWI planes
Standard Modifications
- Makes the most common modifications standard.
- Things like a mirror in WWII or optional instruments in WWI
- Alleviates situation where there are more modifications than the screen can handle (Pfalz has 9!)
Fixed situation that would prevent airfield AAA from spawning.
Fixed incorrect ground attack payload for Spitfire Mk XIV

 

The iconic missions button on the main screen lets you run an iconic mission outside the scope of a campaign.  You run through the briefing to change the mission just like any campaign mission and then just fly it.  

 

Confession: No idea how the decal system works so I'm going to let @Murleenexplain it.

 

Where did my favorite mod go?  if you don't see it then it is considered a "stock" modification and will always be there. The planes have more modifications than PWCG can handle visually.  The Pfalz alone has 9.  This new system auto adds the mods that most people will use anyway.  How many Allied pilots really refuse to use 150 octane fuel?  A further advantage is that the Ai flights will also have access to these mods, where before they did not.  The AI probably doesn't need a mirror but it can certainly use better gas.  Open to discussion as to which ones should or should not be automatically used.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi

Thank for the update!

Do you fix the strategic intercept missions/me 262 bug too?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rogueblade
2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

1. Did you select a Western allied armed service?  Bodenplatte is the only map they can fly from at the moment

2. You might have to find a unit flying Mk IXs and transfer.  Both Mk IX and Mk XIVs stay in service and I have them serving side by side, which may not be correct.  Now that I think of it, correct or not, I should make the Spitfire Mk XIV a complete replacement just because it is a new plane and players could be shut out of Spitfire squadrons if they have not preordered Normandy.  Bad answer - correct answer is below.

3. At the moment PWCG operates strictly on the metric system

4. You can keep PWCG running or not as you choose.  I generally do not exit, but depending on system resources you might want to.

5. PWCG is lenient.  Take a best guess.  Your victory will not be denied because you could not specify which mark of 109 you shot down.

 

Spitfire Mk XIV: 

Usually your unit will be equipped with both MK XIV and Mk IX.  Change your plane to a a Mk IX in the briefing.

 

If you do not have any Mk IXs in your squadrons inventory, you can replace some of the Mk XIVs with Mk IXs:

Go to your campaign

Press Activity

press Equipment Request

check the planes you want to exchange

Select the plane type you want to replace them with

Press change equipment.

 

The selected planes will be removed and replaced with the chosen replacement type.

 

makes sense. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
50 minutes ago, 22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi said:

Thank for the update!

Do you fix the strategic intercept missions/me 262 bug too?

 

 

I ran one without issue.  All of the flights were generated and the intercept path was valid.  That's all that I have managed so far.  Intercepts are something that I want to do more with.  Even though the mission was valid I did not like the target.  Short version: I am looking to improve the mission and I will fix issues along the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

I think those that want more AAA should be pleased with the latest results.  A quick impromptu experiment showed it to finally be as intended.  I saw an enemy plane with landing lights, so I thought "let's see what happens".  I went in - the results were not good - for me. I just got hammered multiple times.  Went down in flames.

 

AAA on airfields comes in two forms.  Scattered around the field and lined up along the landing approach.  So it's not just within the field itself.  try to pick up that cheap kill at your own risk.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Varibraun
5 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I think those that want more AAA should be pleased with the latest results. 

 

I can confirm, it looks comforting to see all the guns on takeoff.  Plus, on a mission I just finished, I diverted to a landing field close to the front lines with 3 109s following.  The friendly AAA starting banging away at them merrily. 

 

Also, I think I have been seeing more concentrations of aircraft in general since you released version 12.  Thank you! :salute:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 12.1.1 Iconic Events on Demand - Package Fixed
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 12.1.1

Fixed packaging error that left out iconic single mission configs

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

216th_Cat
13 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I think those that want more AAA should be pleased with the latest results.  A quick impromptu experiment showed it to finally be as intended.  I saw an enemy plane with landing lights, so I thought "let's see what happens".  I went in - the results were not good - for me. I just got hammered multiple times.  Went down in flames.

 

AAA on airfields comes in two forms.  Scattered around the field and lined up along the landing approach.  So it's not just within the field itself.  try to pick up that cheap kill at your own risk.

 

Oh no! Where am I going to go for cheap kills now? 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, 216th_Cat said:

 

Oh no! Where am I going to go for cheap kills now? 😉

 

I'm thinking the same thing.  just did a ground attack.  Shot up.  A bunch of PE2s make a diving attack within touching range.  I turn to get a shot at one and the rear gunner finishes me.  Life is just more difficult these days.  I honestly do think that they made the gunners on both the planes and the ground more accurate.  I am getting hit a lot more often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mtnbiker1998

New update seems to have fixed the Iconic missions! Super excited to mess with that. 

 

Any chance of having a coop option for the indivudual missions?

 

I've actually thought that PWCG would make a really good individual mission generator, something along the lines of the Easy Mission Generator but with a bit more mission variety. Would something like that ever be feasible? I'd imagine it'd be a TON of work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
19 minutes ago, Mtnbiker1998 said:

New update seems to have fixed the Iconic missions! Super excited to mess with that. 

 

Any chance of having a coop option for the indivudual missions?

 

I've actually thought that PWCG would make a really good individual mission generator, something along the lines of the Easy Mission Generator but with a bit more mission variety. Would something like that ever be feasible? I'd imagine it'd be a TON of work.

 

I think I can make those coop enabled.  

 

With the individual mission generation you can pretty much configure PWCG to make a mission on any map at any time that is supported by the campaign - which means Moscow - 1945.  

 

The entire configuration for a mission is this:

        {
            "mapName": "Kuban",
            "campaignName": "Shipping",
            "dateString": "19431020",
            "iconicBattleParticipants": [
                10111233,
                10111495,
                10121312,
                10131132,
                10131136,
                20112051,
                20101026,
                20144002,
                20122002,
                20131076
            ]
        },
 

it's a map name, campaign name which could be anything, a date for the mission which is important to get right, and iconicBattleParticipants is a list of squadron IDs that you can choose from.  Just add something like that to the IconicBattles folder and you can have missions of your own.  The UI is generated from the data files so any additions will show up in the UI.  

 

The missions are not fixed.  They are regular PWCG missions and no two will be the same.

 

I came up with the idea from my test code.  In order to facilitate faster test runs I rewrote the code such that campaigns can be generated and maintained entirely in memory.  I started thinking that I could offer up the single missions the same way.  So I wrote an honestly not very pretty UI around it and injected the selected missionparameters into the briefing code.  The briefing process only required minor changes to make that work entirely in memory as well.  I write the mission and throw away the campaign.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

don't forget to change the version number after a hotfix 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stonehouse

Anyone doing a P51 campaign and seeing the tactical codes in mission? I've been trying to use an existing campaign for the 352nd I am part way through using the blue nose skin given as a loose skin to each pilot - this is the one with USAAF markings but no codes and the blue nose and not seeing the tactical codes although I can see PWCG assigns the codes in the aircraft description on the pilots screen when generating the mission. Do I need to pick squadron skin or do something special?   It is a single player campaign. FYI they do appear on my aircraft if I set them up on my aircraft in the pre-mission aircraft setup so I know they work with this skin but PWCG seems to not set them? Unfortunately error report zip is too large to attach here.  

 

Just got to the Arnhem time period and got my first few missions to support the landings. Looks really good other than not getting to see the codes.

Edited by No457_Stonehouse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

We're going to have to play with this a bit to get it right.

 

Being honest, I am not really up on the process.  Discussed this with Murleen a few days back and will have to review his code to see what needs doing.  The issue is that the decal markings must only be used on "blank" skins, must not be used on other skins, must not stop the use of other skins, but should be used in preference to a otherwise generic skin.   So it comes down to: did the generic blank skin actually get used?  Is the generic blank skin marked as using decals?  

 

I am unaware of this blank skin.  Can you provide some more information?  My guess is that it is not configured in PWCG as a blank skin and therefore the markings do not make it to the mission file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

randybutternubs

Can we please have V formations instead of lines? Current implementation makes bombing generally ineffective given that all AI will always drop to the right of the commander and thus totally miss the target most of the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

justin_z3r0
43 minutes ago, randybutternubs said:

Can we please have V formations instead of lines? Current implementation makes bombing generally ineffective given that all AI will always drop to the right of the commander and thus totally miss the target most of the time.

You should be able to give that command to the flight during flight. Using the ‘tab’ menus. Just do it before you get to your target.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

randybutternubs
2 hours ago, justin_z3r0 said:

You should be able to give that command to the flight during flight. Using the ‘tab’ menus. Just do it before you get to your target.


I tend not to lead flights and other AI flights don't use a different formation either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
21 minutes ago, randybutternubs said:


I tend not to lead flights and other AI flights don't use a different formation either.

 

Not really true. 

V is the always used for fighters.  Even four man formation use it as it is closer to finger four than echelon.

Dive bombers and transports will always use echelon. 

Bombers will use V 40% of the time and echelon 60%

 

In a V is it not the case that one bomber will drop to the left and two to the right?  The targets are not that big and I would think that the spacing is such that any plane other than the one with the right coordinates will miss.  

 

Line astern is not a formation option that I am aware of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Line astern is not a formation option that I am aware of

 

I think it's called "column" in the selector as flight lead - you can do V, left echelon, right echelon, and column.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
5 minutes ago, co199 said:

 

I think it's called "column" in the selector as flight lead - you can do V, left echelon, right echelon, and column.

 

Been thinking.  For a single structure none of them will work perfectly because only the lead will hit the coordinates.  The others will be all left, all right, left and right, or behind.  However, for other targets  - well, depends on how the target is laid out below.  Hard to know in advance.  

 

Also not sure how being a bomber pilot and not being the lead works out.  If you drop with the leader you will always miss unless you get lucky.  If you want to aim for yourself then you are breaking formation to drop, and the formation doesn't matter.  

 

In short, yes, I can make it a V, but I doubt that I am accomplishing much.

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been doing bomber escort missions in the official career generator, and the bomber formations there use echelon (e.g., Bodenplatte B-25s). It more comes down to the target areas having enough targets that all 8 bombers get a hit of some sort. The railway junctions, for instance, have the train and associated buildings as your target packages do. The AI doesn't use bomb timing or anything, so literally all 8 bombers will hit the same area. A way to solve it would be to see how wide a formation is (8 planes), then determine how wide an area to place enemies in on the ground. Not sure how functionally that would work.

 

While we're talking about bombers, I noticed that the bombers in PWCG missions currently still circle the target after dropping instead of moving to the next waypoint as the recent patch changed (and they do in the official career) - not sure if this is something you can fix given the way missions are built.

Edited by co199
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, co199 said:

I've been doing bomber escort missions in the official career generator, and the bomber formations there use echelon (e.g., Bodenplatte B-25s). It more comes down to the target areas having enough targets that all 8 bombers get a hit of some sort. The railway junctions, for instance, have the train and associated buildings as your target packages do. The AI doesn't use bomb timing or anything, so literally all 8 bombers will hit the same area. A way to solve it would be to see how wide a formation is (8 planes), then determine how wide an area to place enemies in on the ground. Not sure how functionally that would work.

 

While we're talking about bombers, I noticed that the bombers in PWCG missions currently still circle the target after dropping instead of moving to the next waypoint as the recent patch changed (and they do in the official career) - not sure if this is something you can fix given the way missions are built.

 

I have not yet implemented a "bingo bombs" trigger which would probably help level bombers.  Level bombers have a much shorter loiter time than ground attackers so they should not circle for very long.  They do need some time as the AI will not simply fly to the spot and drop.  It thinks about the best approach and circles to find it before it drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I have not yet implemented a "bingo bombs" trigger which would probably help level bombers.  Level bombers have a much shorter loiter time than ground attackers so they should not circle for very long.  They do need some time as the AI will not simply fly to the spot and drop.  It thinks about the best approach and circles to find it before it drops.

 

Makes sense to me. I flew an escort mission earlier for A-20s - heard the "drop on my go" command, then "bombs away". They made two orbits and then flew to the egress. Wasn't a huge issue, just an interesting observation between escort missions in the official career and the PWCG ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
10 minutes ago, co199 said:

 

Makes sense to me. I flew an escort mission earlier for A-20s - heard the "drop on my go" command, then "bombs away". They made two orbits and then flew to the egress. Wasn't a huge issue, just an interesting observation between escort missions in the official career and the PWCG ones.

 

That could be solved by triggering the next WP say 5 seconds after the leader goes bingo bombs, assuming that the other bombers have also dropped.

 

Since I have never used the bingo bombs or ammo capabilities I am not really sure how they work.  If I use the leader and I trigger the WP too soon I am concerned that the rest of the flight will immediately transition to egress and not drop.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.3.0 Are the new cannons coming soon?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...