PWCG 13.3.0 Are the new cannons coming soon?

PatrickAWlson

Atlantia39

Thank you for your continuing efforts Pat!

Question:

I just created a couple of missions (for GB's and FC) using the previous Revision.

Will this create a problem if I fly them out and resolve using the new Revisions?

PatrickAWlson
23 minutes ago, Atlantia39 said:

Thank you for your continuing efforts Pat!

Question:

I just created a couple of missions (for GB's and FC) using the previous Revision.

Will this create a problem if I fly them out and resolve using the new Revisions?

I generally say don't fly a mission created from one version and do the AAR from another version.  However, it should work.  I added units (FW190 A6, ammo trucks) in 11.11.0 but which obviously will not be in your missions, but that should not present a problem.

Atlantia39
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I generally say don't fly a mission created from one version and do the AAR from another version.  However, it should work.  I added units (FW190 A6, ammo trucks) in 11.11.0 but which obviously will not be in your missions, but that should not present a problem.

OK...thanks for the advice!

Sandmarken

In my careers at bodenplatte all the fw190a6 wil be replaced after the first mission. I start at earliest date. My group is always first to upgrade to A8s.  Maybe this is right? I just wanted to do some more missions with the A6 😂😁

Edited by Sandmarken

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, Sandmarken said:

In my careers at bodenplatte all the fw190a6 wil be replaced after the first mission. I start at earliest date. My group is always first to upgrade to A8s.  Maybe this is right? I just wanted to do some more missions with the A6 😂😁

The A6 is available on the eastern front in early 1944. Getting into an A6 in the Bodenplatte time frame is problematic.

There is an algorithm in PWCG that replaces older models with newer ones.  Without this algorithm old planes would be on the books until they were destroyed or entirely withdrawn from service.  What is happening is that there is a reserve of A8s at the start of the campaign and they are replacing the A6s right away.

Of course, the idea is that if you want to fly the A6 you would choose start your career some time after December 1943 but before July 1944 when the A8 really started rolling in.  By Sept 1944 the A6 would have been out of large scale production with really just leftovers in the units.  I understand that an earlier start is not an option in the west until we get the Normandy map.

I can look into it to see what can be done but no promises.  For better or worse it is working as intended.  The only thing I can realistically do is look into slowing the replacement rate.  Even then the replacement is going to happen pretty quickly in late 1944.

• Thanks 1

Sandmarken

The A6 is available on the eastern front in early 1944. Getting into an A6 in the Bodenplatte time frame is problematic.

There is an algorithm in PWCG that replaces older models with newer ones.  Without this algorithm old planes would be on the books until they were destroyed or entirely withdrawn from service.  What is happening is that there is a reserve of A8s at the start of the campaign and they are replacing the A6s right away.

Of course, the idea is that if you want to fly the A6 you would choose start your career some time after December 1943 but before July 1944 when the A8 really started rolling in.  By Sept 1944 the A6 would have been out of large scale production with really just leftovers in the units.  I understand that an earlier start is not an option in the west until we get the Normandy map.

I can look into it to see what can be done but no promises.  For better or worse it is working as intended.  The only thing I can realistically do is look into slowing the replacement rate.  Even then the replacement is going to happen pretty quickly in late 1944.

Thx for the answer, I think the system is very good as it is! Il just do an eastern front then. 😄 

Yogiflight
2 minutes ago, Sandmarken said:

Thx for the answer, I think the system is very good as it is! Il just do an eastern front then. 😄 

Apart from what Pat answered, you could also change the date of introduction for the A8 in the 'aircraft' file. You could make the production beginning for the A8 a month after you start your campaign. So you will definitely start with the A6, until the A8 appears in the depot.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Strange issue today. Never had such one before. Once into the game after having generated a mission with PWCG, I have freezes during all taking off procedure along. When I'm rolling to take off I have freezes for about 2 seconds but as soon as I'm flying this issue desepears and the mission runs fine...I tried to take off in quick mission, in other single missions, in carreer mod and I had no freeze at all even by taking off. But as soons as I go back into my PWCG mission I have freezes by taking off? Would it be possible that all the objects as map, AI planes, vehicles generated into a PWCG mission take more time to load and therefore I have freezes as long as they are allo loaded? Thanks for answers.

PatrickAWlson

@Azdack When you say freeze do you mean the mission looks complete but does not finish loading?  It could be just taking a lot of time.  The status bar stinks.  It shows complete but then takes a long time to finish loading.

If you mean the mission loads but then freezes on the runway, please use "Report Error" to zip up the campaign and post it here.

Yes the mission looks complete. With my new pc RTX 3070 i9 processor "accept mission" in PWCG and then play in game/missions/PWCG all PWCG missions load much more faster. Once on the runway I click on "pause" to unplug and the freezes begin as soon as I turn head right and left (with trackIR) to check runway. These freezes (around 2 seconds) keep on going when I put flaps on wing lights on cooling radiator on manual RPM on 75% before pushing the throttle forward to roll to take off. During all that time the freezes are curent until the plane leaves the ground...then no more freezes at all! PWCG runs fine and the mission is flowable.

Today as soon as I can fly again I'll send "Report Error".

Thanks

sevenless
On 2/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Patrick, the intro date of the Fw190-A6 on the eastern front with JG 51 and JG 54 was 07/43. First planes saw service during Operation Citadel (Battle of Kursk). Maybe you can find a way to get that represented in your mod?

Example I/JG 54 here:  Flugzeugbestand und Bewegungsmeldungen, I./JG54 (ww2.dk)

Hello Patrick

Here is a PWCGErrorLog.txt as asked. I waited two minutes before taking off and there was less freezes. I only took off and landed as soon. I'm going to fly another mission and wait three minutes before taking off. I'll post another errorlog 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Here is a second mission just taking off and landing. Waited three minutes eyes on my spit's watch. Less freezes but still there.

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by Azdack
Actually with cold start no freeze at all. Maybe the time to roll to runway and wait for wingmen allows mission to be full loaded...

PatrickAWlson
3 hours ago, sevenless said:

Patrick, the intro date of the Fw190-A6 on the eastern front with JG 51 and JG 54 was 07/43. First planes saw service during Operation Citadel (Battle of Kursk). Maybe you can find a way to get that represented in your mod?

Example I/JG 54 here:  Flugzeugbestand und Bewegungsmeldungen, I./JG54 (ww2.dk)

PWCG no longer does introduction of aircraft types based on individual squadrons.  There is a larger, dynamic resupply system that replaced that some time ago.  Conceptually a squadron will get an archtype (FW190A) and the actual type that arrives with a squadron is based on PWCG's logistics algorithm.

• Like 1

sevenless
3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG no longer does introduction of aircraft types based on individual squadrons.  There is a larger, dynamic resupply system that replaced that some time ago.  Conceptually a squadron will get an archtype (FW190A) and the actual type that arrives with a squadron is based on PWCG's logistics algorithm.

Thanks for explaining. And can you adjust that algorithm to near historical dates or timeframes?

PatrickAWlson
6 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Thanks for explaining. And can you adjust that algorithm to near historical dates or timeframes?

On a per squadron basis, no.  On a date of introduction of the plane type itself, yes.  I have the A6 coming on line in November or December 1943.

sevenless
1 minute ago, PatrickAWlson said:

On a per squadron basis, no.  On a date of introduction of the plane type itself, yes.  I have the A6 coming on line in November or December 1943.

No, per squad wouldn´t be necessary. As said, intro was 07/43 for all fighter squadrons on the eastern front. JG 51 and JG 54.

Yogiflight
3 hours ago, sevenless said:

No, per squad wouldn´t be necessary. As said, intro was 07/43 for all fighter squadrons on the eastern front. JG 51 and JG 54.

If you don't fly eastern and western front at the same time, you can change the date of introduction for the A6 in the 'Aircraft' file. You will have to change it again in each new PWCG version, you install, however.

• Thanks 1

sevenless
1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

If you don't fly eastern and western front at the same time, you can change the date of introduction for the A6 in the 'Aircraft' file. You will have to change it again in each new PWCG version, you install, however.

Thanks. That is a good tip.

PatrickAWlson

I do have the date wrong, at least according to the thread I started in the general section.  August is a better introduction date.  

sevenless
43 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I do have the date wrong, at least according to the thread I started in the general section.  August is a better introduction date.  

Yeah as I said, the first eastern front A6 machines arrived to support Operation Citadel (05.july - 12july 1943). In the west and defense of the reich units it also was 07/43 for JG1, 2 and 26. You can check that easily here:

The Luftwaffe, 1933-45 (ww2.dk)

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 11.11.1 It's Alive!
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 11.11.1
Added Pilot Management Screen
<Campaign>->Personnel->Administer Pilots
- Now available to both Single Player and Coop
- Revive a lost pilot (New)
- Retire a pilot (unchanged) 
- Transfer a pilot without incurring a delay (new for SP)
Moved intro date of FW190 A6 up to August 1943
Fixed error on Drifter AA units that was causing issues with Stalingrad
Fixed campaign creation error: Luftwaffe/Attack/Dec 1 1943 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

rogueblade

Noob question, interested in getting this but is it for BOS only or can I use it with Bodenplatte aircraft?

PatrickAWlson
4 hours ago, rogueblade said:

Noob question, interested in getting this but is it for BOS only or can I use it with Bodenplatte aircraft?

You can fly a career from October 1940 to the end of the war with one pilot and even one unit if you have all of the modules.  If all you have is Bodenplatte then you are limited to a Sept 1944 start (that will change dramatically after the release of Normandy).  But yes, every map and every aircraft is available in PWCG, including the Normandy aircraft released so far.

• Like 1

Noticed a bug, while flying both the bf 110 g and hs129 on a ship bombing mission in Kuban where I arrive at target destination, and no ships are present.

[N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier

Is it possible to switch campaigns between Single Player and Coop?

The idea would be to play a single player PWCG campaign and when friends happen to have time, to play the same campaign coop

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

Is it possible to switch campaigns between Single Player and Coop?

The idea would be to play a single player PWCG campaign and when friends happen to have time, to play the same campaign coop

You can play a coop campaign mission as the only pilot.  Inside of PWCG there is not much of a distinction between SP and Coop.

[N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
On 3/8/2021 at 1:41 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

You can play a coop campaign mission as the only pilot.  Inside of PWCG there is not much of a distinction between SP and Coop.

Gotcha, it just would have been neat to use time compression or pause function when no one is around

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier

justin_z3r0

I'm pretty new to PWCG - Just a question. I started a career (Canadian 403 sqn) in sept 1944 on the bodenplatte map. By the end of Sept the map has advanced (also skipped from Sept 28 to Oct 10) but not in the market garden corridor to Nijmegan. More a sweeping front (see image). Is this intentional / not meant to represent historical frontlines? 

image.thumb.png.ef48bfd3fb0976a320506b9424aae9e5.png

Thanks,

Edited by justin_z3r0

PatrickAWlson

@justin_z3r0 I agree with you.  That surge could be done better.  I would need more date transitions to show it but it should be possible.

http://blog.epicmilitaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/market-garden.jpg

• Like 1

justin_z3r0
31 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@justin_z3r0 I agree with you.  That surge could be done better.  I would need more date transitions to show it but it should be possible.

http://blog.epicmilitaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/market-garden.jpg

Ok fair enough. Was just hoping to see the surge. I’m stationed at Gilze-rijen at the start of Oct. 

otherwise it’s been a lot of fun so far. I like the ability to customize the missions types you get and the number of aircraft involved from other squadrons. Even had some paratroopers drop from c-47s north of Antwerp which I was surprised to see. 
Ive been shot down 3 times in a month. Oops. more to learn. 

thanks. 

Varibraun
On 3/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

Gotcha, it just would have been neat to use time compression or pause function when no one is around

I think that is an IL2 issue since it considers Coop multiplayer regardless of the number of human pilots because you have to access the mission through that menu. 

Before Pat added the multiple pilots to SP, I did a lot of SP "Coop" because I like playing multiple pilots and both sides within the same campaign and that was the only real drawback.  I often used air starts to speed things up a bit since I couldn't accelerate, but the lack of a pause button had no work around - lost a few pilots that way due to RL distractions.

So, I have been a very happy camper since Pat added the multiple pilot option for SP.  I have a Coop campaign going with my son, but haven't been tempted to play it SP when he isn't around for that exact reason.

PatrickAWlson

@justin_z3r0 FYI: I have worked over Bodenplatte front lines to create Arnhem.  I have also added a couple of newspaper events that will pop up around the time period.  

To all: changing the lines means changing airfield assignments.  Be aware if you have any home made squadron files

[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

You're right, this has taken on a life of its own. 😁

justin_z3r0
8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@justin_z3r0 FYI: I have worked over Bodenplatte front lines to create Arnhem.  I have also added a couple of newspaper events that will pop up around the time period.  

To all: changing the lines means changing airfield assignments.  Be aware if you have any home made squadron files

Thats excellent! Thanks !

Can I access it now in the current version or will it be on your next release?

PatrickAWlson
4 hours ago, justin_z3r0 said:

Thats excellent! Thanks !

Can I access it now in the current version or will it be on your next release?

Next release.  It's done and passing all of the automated tests, but some of the changes were high risk enough that I want to do some manual testing before release.

• Like 3

justin_z3r0

Next release.  It's done and passing all of the automated tests, but some of the changes were high risk enough that I want to do some manual testing before release.

Fantastic - Thanks a lot!

HeinzST

I've got a few questions that I hope my searching hasn't failed me on.

For reference, I've got a group of 5-10 players that fly together. I know PWCG has a "coop" campaign setting, but after spending some time clicking around in it I can't sort out how to manipulate it to do what I want to do. So I figured I'd just come here and see if what I'm looking for is even possible or not.

I've created pilots for all of our players, but I cannot add them all to the same squadron because there are AI pilots holding slots. Is there a way I can boot those out of there so that we can all be in the same squadron?

Also, I've tried adding other pilots to other squadrons, but after I have 2 (both in 1 squadron at the moment) it doesn't seem to allow me to place other pilots in other squadrons. I click through the process, but at the end "Create Pilot" button is grayed out still.

Thanks for any and all help!

Highwayman

I can’t recall the steps exactly, but it’s exactly what I do here in Australia for our group.

I created 4 pilots first, then crate the co-op campaign and add them. Whenever I generate a co-op mission I select the 4 human players for the flight and boom, good to go...

I’ll look tomorrow morning and update the post if someone hasn’t beaten me to it. I do recall there was a bit that was off with making sure that the human pilots name was typed, then the drop down selected the same name, but more details tomorrow...

PatrickAWlson

@HeinzST 

You create a human pilot via <Campaign>->Personnel->Add Pilot.

PWCG will boot out an Ai pilot automatically.

This is part of the UI that confuses people: associating the pilot persona with the human player ...

Pilot Persona = the imaginary pilot that you are creating in the campaign.

Human Player = the very real lump of meat behind the keyboard

You will see a data entry field called "Coop Pilot".  There will be a drop down and a text box next to the drop down.

The drop down contains the name of all currently registered human players.  If you want the persona to be associated with an already registered player then choose the player from the drop down.

If you have not yet registered the human player you can do so by typing the players name (or handle or whatever) into the text box at the right of the drop down.  This will register the human pilot and simultaneously make the association with the persona that you are creating.

It is important to have this human -> persona linkage.  A player can have many active personas in a campaign, but can fly only one of those personas per mission.  If you make the mistake of associating every persona with the same player then, when you fly the mission, you will only be able to add one pilot.

So there's a whole paragraph on what amounts to filling in a text box :) 

• Like 1

• PatrickAWlson changed the title to PWCG 13.3.0 Are the new cannons coming soon?